Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » How Many Would Want Laurel Kent and Laurel Gand as Members of the Legion? (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: How Many Would Want Laurel Kent and Laurel Gand as Members of the Legion?
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
I wouldn't mind seeing Laurel Kent; I did think she had potential, and her power is of the Bouncing Boy/Matter-Eater Lad variety where she would be forced to use her wits to be effective. I like seeing that in my Legionnaires. [Smile]

Total agreement there. I love it when the powerset comes with some built-in limitations and the superhero has to get clever to be competitive (Laurel, for instance, would be best suited towards learning martial arts, and then using her Flight Ring to turn herself into a living missile, as she'll never have a ranged attack like heat vision or being able to chuck mountains at people).

Granted, I'm not the biggest BB/ME-Lad fan, but I've never been a fan of the Supercousins or other in-your-face powerhouses, who could, in theory, handle most missions without even having to have to wait for the rest of the Legion to haul their slow-starship-needing-arses to the site of the fray.

Mon-El, paradoxically, has always gotten away with this, because, regardless of his powers, he's always been so low-key and in-the-background compared to the more dynamic personalities of Superboy, Supergirl and, from what I've seen, Andromeda. Even if he could shove everyone aside and get the job done single-handedly, he never seems like the sort of gloryhound who *would* do such a thing. He always felt like he was holding himself back that way.

I never really saw Thunder in the few books I have that era, so I have no idea if she was all in your face better-than-thou, or more down-low.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd rather have Supergirl than any of the substitutes.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
colonyofcells
iamamachine

Icon 1 posted      Profile for colonyofcells   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I have always wanted a Superman descendant to be in the Legion. I would like the Legion to use Laurel Kent but she should have all of Superman's powers. Another possible Kryptonian member is a reformed Dev-Em from the phantom zone.
From: san mateo ca usa | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.