Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Which male villain will Ron-Karr have a big ol' crush on in the LSV Special? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Which male villain will Ron-Karr have a big ol' crush on in the LSV Special?
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
 -
Ron-Karr lets his crushes walk all over him.

Ron-Karr's college flaternity: Alpha Stompa Mu

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
DC's totally missing out on some bucks by not selling Ron-Karr rugs!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
That black design on his back in the above picture makes it look like he's been given the atomic wedgie from hell!

And, from the smile, apparently enjoyed it...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:

Or Ron-Karr mats for your, uh, car.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Was it ever explained why Ron-Karr can flatten himself??

Is he from a planet where everyone can flatten themselves to survive the horrific wind storms?

Did he drink a formula invented by his mad scientist father?

Did he fall into a vat of super-flattening liquid as a toddler?

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Legion Tracker:
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:

Or Ron-Karr mats for your, uh, car.
Brilliant!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Was it ever explained why Ron-Karr can flatten himself??

Is he from a planet where everyone can flatten themselves to survive the horrific wind storms?

Did he drink a formula invented by his mad scientist father?

Did he fall into a vat of super-flattening liquid as a toddler?

Is he from the Mural City of Nandor, flattened and displayed on the wall of his ship by the Bizarro Brainiac?
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
Ron-Karr of the Neptune Colonies was born with the mutant ability to turn himself two-dimensional. In 2975, he auditioned for the Legion of Super-Heroes, but was turned down for the basic uselessness of his powers (Adventure Comics # 314). He then turned instead to the Legion of Super-Villains, who received him warmly despite his powers' uselessness. He participated in most of the Super-Villains' schemes, but mainly for the camaraderie that he found in the group. He never had any true criminal tendencies, and, being somewhat timid, his role in any of the Legion of Super-Villains' battles tended to range from the minor to the non-existent.

Not nearly as good as what you guys came up with.

--------------------
gone

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Mutant? Feh!

I say, he helped an alien trapped under a tree, who thanked him by granting him the gift of awesome power!! (Insect Queen has the world's best origin IMO).

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I think he's a fan boy who sold his soul to the devil and made several chemical concoctions in his bath tub in order to be able to turn 2D and enter comic books ... to be with his only friends.
<life was tough for a kid named Ronaldino Karrczewski in the suburbs during the 60s>

( he made up that part about being from Neptune because he didn't understand the concept of the Multi-Verse. )

unfortunately he can only turn 2D in comic books as well ..... and it's harder to make friends in the DC Universe than he thought!

"Why dosn't Nemesis Kid Like me????"

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
btw if you google Ron Karr ... it appears he escaped the DCU and is now a successful business man.

[shrug]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
I think it's obvious that Ron Karr is from the 2nd dimension.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Reading those old pages again reminded me of how much I prefer cartoon Nemesis Kid to the original. Maybe he's evil, maybe he's basically good but just has a jerkface-ish personality. Maybe he started out good but will eventually end up evil because his ambition outstrips his abilities. Because the continuity ended where it did, that's all left up in the air.

Oh, and his powers make much more sense than those of the original version, too.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

With gay characters now exploding all over TV and comics, the time seems ripe to bring back ol' Flatface...

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
 -
Ron-Karr lets his crushes walk all over him.

He looks like he's gazing longingly at someone's cute butt.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.