Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The Favorite New Legionnaire Poll! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Favorite New Legionnaire Poll!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Pick your favorite of the new recruits!

Polling is not enabled in this forum. This poll is inactive.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
As i have only read issues 1-2 I probably should have abstained, but I am 99% sure my answer would be the same even after I read the rest of the issues.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
*pre-emptively glares at all Harmonia Li voters* [Smile]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't read any of the nuDC Legion issues so my vote is based only on my pre-52 exposure. And it's a vote based purely on their visual too; in particular their intricately designed plastic jacket. Must be hell to draw but it's beautiful to look at.

I actually don't particularly like any of the new Legionnaires at all. But if I had to rank them it would be as follows:

Dragonwing
Chemical Kid
Comet Queen
Glorith
Harmonia Li

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
HAHAHAHA I think Comet Queen winning in the polls says it all.

When Comet Queen is more popular than you, you have problems ...

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH's *glare*:
As i have only read issues 1-2 I probably should have abstained, but I am 99% sure my answer would be the same even after I read the rest of the issues.

I haven't even read those!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I actually like Dragonwing. Initially I just liked her visual, but I do like her spirit and powerset.

Surprisingly, her time as a Legionnaire is making me like Comet Queen more. Her second round in the Academy didn't charm me much, but there's something about her mixing it up with the Legionnaires proper that works better for me.

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Comet Queen and Fire-Breather Lass are defs my faves!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matter-eater man
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matter-eater man   Author's Homepage   Email matter-eater man         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm liking them all but Chemical Kid got my vote.
From: MN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmperor
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmperor           Edit/Delete Post     
I voted for Chemical Kid.

And in order of preference at this point after him:

Comet Queen
Dragonwing
Glorith
Harmonia

From: Southern Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Future: I actually like Dragonwing. Initially I just liked her visual, but I do like her spirit and powerset.
Same here. I like her visual and I like her attitude. I don't think she's necessarily the best *Legionnaire* candidate, but she's definitely the most interesting of the five.

Chemical Kid is next up, then Comet Queen, who, unfortunately, I like even *less* now that we've seen that her origin is the same as Night Girl (infatuated with a Legionnaire, made herself super-powered in an attempt to be a stalker).

Glorith and Harmonia Li are my least favorites, both in personality and powers.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Chemical Kid for me too. It's rare that legacy characters are done well. Probably the strongest argument for Chemical King's early demise was that his powers appeared limited and complicated. It's cool that Levitz would want to revisit this power set. Chemical Kid has a personality that's different enough that he is his own person.

From there:

2) Comet Queen - She's just fun. The Legion needs that levity.

3) Dragonwing -Visually appealing with an attitude, but still learning. Some good story potential.

4) Harmonia - More mature than the rest. I'm anxious to learn more of her story. The concept of a hero out of time also has potential.

5) Glorith - I'm having trouble warming up to her. Possibly because Paul is holding back too much. We really need to learn more about her, and need to get some kind of explanation regarding how she relates to the villain Glorith. There's an elephant in the room. Address it already, or I'm going have a hard time committing to this character.

[ March 22, 2012, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I hated Harmonia until the latest issue. Finally (!) seeing in action, in uniform, and acting like a Legionnaire did it for me. She's my new fav!

[Girls wanting Legion autographs]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I like Glorith, I'm afraid.
I like her look and her potential.
I also like the mystery surrounding her; her past, her connection to Mysa, Blok and Harak, and the ones that claim her - which makes her future scary.
Her costume has changed to mostly lavendar, like the Gloith of old and her hair could go white at any event or moment.

I like Comet Queen next, then Dragonwing.
Harmonia and Chemical Kid are last.
The last three have things about them that I like, powerset or looks, but I don't really 'like' them much.

[ March 23, 2012, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
It was always gonna be Comet Queen for me....she is the kind of character that really exemplifies the Legion spirit - her powers are more kooky than straight-up damaging and she's all heart. [Smile]

Of the others, Chemical Kid/Dragonwing share the next spot, then Harmonia, then Glorith. Harmonia and Glorith are a looong way away from being anywhere near the others though [Razz]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo: It was always gonna be Comet Queen for me....she is the kind of character that really exemplifies the Legion spirit - her powers are more kooky than straight-up damaging and she's all heart. [Smile]
Comet Queen, if she's really able to travel at light speed through outer space, is kinda/sorta the new Dawnstar of the team. Replace tracking powers with 'make clouds of choking smoke,' and she's got her own unique thing, as well.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.