Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The Favorite New Legionnaire Poll! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Favorite New Legionnaire Poll!
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Future:
I'm finding it fascinating who has the least amount of votes right now. I can only assume that most people are simply "okay" with that Legionnaire but have their own personal favorite of the new recruits instead? There doesn't seem to be as many naysayers for that character as there are others.

I can't speak for anyone else, but that character's personality puts me off.

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm finding it hard to pick a fave. I dislike Chemical Kid (though his attention has mellowed at least).

I'm iffy on Glorith because I'm tired of reading about unsure heroes, but I don't dislike her.

I like Harmonia's powers but am finding the slow pace of her development frustrating.

That leaves Comet Queen, whose diamond-in-the-rough characterization is nice (and I like that she genuinely loves being a hero), and Dragonwing - whose visuals are nice.

Gotta go with CQ here.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I picked Chemical Kid- because of his powers and also because I find the way he got them kind of interesting and goofy. I also like the mentor/mentee relationship he's got with Jan.

If I'd ranked them, my choices would've followed those of the poll so far. Though I like Dragonwing *much* more after the last couple of issues. I wish she'd be revealed as a were-dragon, though. The spit thing's gross.

Comet Queen's fun- the fact that she has a crush on Chuck's what put me over the edge on this character. I always found her an annoyance before, frankly. The fact that her powers pretty much cancels out one of my faves (Gas Girl) ever joining doesn't keep me from appreciating her enthusiasm and welcome weirdness. Hmmm- a brawl between her and Gas Girl could be pretty fun, now that I think of it. Winner gets---?

Harmonia's Marvel counterpart, Crystal of the Inhumans, Fantastic Four, Avengers and Bad Marriages Anonymous, is one of my favorite heroines ever. So, H.'s power-set (I'm assuming that's what she's packing, until revealed differently) is one I saw tons and tons of potential in. Her background and demeanor adds to the mix of Legionnaires in an interesting way. But she's got a lot to overcome for readers to warm up to her. Her advanced age, though nothing unusual in any other super-team, is such a departure to the very nature of the LSH. Yet, it hasn't been mentioned. Nor have the ramifications of completely dropping the age requirements ever been discussed. That's not a good thing.

Maybe the Legionnaires are all scared of her, considering how she was introduced to them and to us as readers. It's hard to forget her actions (or lack of them) on Titan. That's something that simply *has* to be addressed. Please, not another Earth-man.

Glorith-- the jury's still way out or me on this character. I'm still expecting a big villainous hissy-fit, to be honest. The fact that it's the Black Witch, and not the White, Gray or Twilight that sent her isn't something to be discounted, IMO.

Of course, I think there should be a 6th newbie in there. Gravity Kid's powers should be more than welcome, since Star Boy's injured and Ayla's long been Lightning Lass, rather than Light Lass. Might put a strain on his relationship with Power Boy, though. Which would make for good, soapy *story*... ahem.

Academy graduates, Lallorians, subs, Wanderers, former rejects or false pretenses acceptees... there's any number of heroes I'd like to see as Legionnaires ahead of any one of the current newbies. That said, I do like them as a group and look forward to seeing how they grow and develop as friends, teammates and members of the ever-changing LSH family.

[ March 31, 2012, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: Mystery Lad ]

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Voting is finished!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Results

Chemical Kid-- 16
Comet Queen -- 14

Harmonia -- 9
Glorith -- 8

Dragonwing -- 5

[ March 31, 2012, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Great poll, Eryk! Interesting results.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Could the fact that Chemical Kid is the only male in the bunch have anything to do with his popularity? As in, it makes him stand out a little bit more?

I'm just glad that his "spoiled brat" characterization has been GREATLY toned down in the current series.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I wonder if part of it is the fact that he's a legacy character.

If you think of him as just a new version of Chemical King, then he has "classic" Legionnaire cred. Similarly, Comet Queen has been around for ages.

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Good point. Similarly, could Glorith's ominous name also be affecting her popularity?

--------------------

razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm surprised Harmonia wasn't dead last actually..!

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I went with Dragonwing. I like her visual, I like her sassy attitude (which is sorely lacking in the Legion now that Shady is all mopey and sad), I like that she's not as classically pretty as female Legionnaires tend to be (shaved eyebrows? dreds? funky!).

Chemical Kid will never be Chemical King, and I tend to knee-jerk against replacement characters. I also feel that he's just as much of an authority-flouting brat as Dragonwing, and doesn't have nearly the built-in justification for being such a brat, being that he's pretty much a spoiled rich kid who thinks the rules don't apply to him.

Glorith has three levels of baggage. Her name, being recycled. Her powers, which are whatever the hell the writer wants her to be able to do. Her attitude, which is, IMO, a step backwards in female characterization to the days when Projectra was fainting all the time. Love her visual though!

I liked Comet Queen better before the whole Bouncing-Boy-stalker thing. We've already had the 'teen girl becomes obsessed with a Legionnaire and gets powers so that she can go join the Legion and be with him' backstory with Night Girl, and Lydda at least chose an unmarried man for her crush!

Harmonia. Ugh. She's not Earth-Man, at least. I love the idea of more powerful women on the team. I love the idea of more ethnic variety on the team. And yet, Harmonia just doesn't do it for me. Hypocrisy on my part? Probably. I'm soaking in it!

quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Academy graduates, Lallorians, subs, Wanderers, former rejects or false pretenses acceptees... there's any number of heroes I'd like to see as Legionnaires ahead of any one of the current newbies.

So much agreement, there.

I'd take Nightwind, Lamprey, Power Boy and Crystal Kid in a cold second, before most of these. I'd take one-shot wonders like the Silver Sword and Xera of Manna-5, for that matter!

'Reforming' super-villains like Spider-Girl or Lazon or friggin' Mekt Ranzz would also rate high on my list! (Although, after the Earth-Man fiasco, probably best to avoid that minefield for a few years...)

[ April 01, 2012, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Spider-Girl, Silver Sword, Xera were all interesting characters. The latter two, in particular, had good showings for the few panels they appeared in during the Universo Project.

Reboot Legion reject Particon would be a good addition as well.

And of course, Infectious Lass and the ones you mentioned above, ESPECIALLY Nightwind (who I still maintain has been robbed all these years).

--------------------

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
This conversation has given me an idea for a new thread here
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Chemical Kid and Comet Queen definitely had the deck stacked more in their favor.

Harmonia's popularity is baffling to me.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I think it's pretty disapointing that the only male of the 5 is the winner.
Some things just don't seem to change.
[Frown]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.