Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion-related November 2012 Solicitatons and Images (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Legion-related November 2012 Solicitatons and Images
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #14

Written by PAUL LEVITZ
Art by SCOTT KOLINS
Cover by STEVE LIGHTLE
On sale NOVEMBER 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

• Element Lad tries to take Chemical Kid under his wing as they go after the mercenaries that injured Cosmic Boy, but both Legionnaires soon find themselves in over their heads.

• Meanwhile, Brainiac 5 tries to discover what caused their teammate, Comet Queen, to betray the Legion to the Dominators.

Click for fullsize image

LEGION LOST #14

Written by TOM DeFALCO
Art by PETE WOODS
Cover by TYLER KIRKHAM and BATT
On sale NOVEMBER 14 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

• Guest-starring Superboy and the Ravagers!

• When Earth is threatened by a genocidal horde, the Lost Legionnaires must form an uneasy alliance with their enemy: Harvest!

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Jeepers, Jan! I know it's annoying being called onto a Legion mission immediately after the drag show, but you could at least make a better attempt to remove your eye shadow than that!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you DC for helping me make a decision. I am dropping Legion Lost for sure.

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultrajo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultrajo   Author's Homepage   Email ultrajo         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. Legion Lost is becoming one big huge stinking piece of crud.
From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni   Email Omni         Edit/Delete Post     
can they please just end Legion lost now.
they've tarnished the name of a once great series!

--------------------
read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Why are they doing another crossover just when Legion Lost was finally getting it's own storyline back? Either make it an independent Legion title or send our beloved heroes home! I don't want the Legion so intertwined with other 21st century heroes/series that I have no intention of ever reading. Legion Lost could stand on it's own merit if DeFalco and DC tried writing decent material.
From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Too soon to start shipping Element Lad and Chemical Kid? There seems to be a whole lot of mentoring going on, and curious minds want to know why Jan is so interested in 'educating young men.'
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Leather Wolf:
Why are they doing another crossover just when Legion Lost was finally getting it's own storyline back? Either make it an independent Legion title or send our beloved heroes home! I don't want the Legion so intertwined with other 21st century heroes/series that I have no intention of ever reading. Legion Lost could stand on it's own merit if DeFalco and DC tried writing decent material.

I couldn't agree MORE. I thought we would start to get some spotlight issues focusing on all the secrets the Lost members seem to be keeping from each other.

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Kayak
Italian Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Kayak   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Omni:

I think they will soon. DC's blog announced both DeFalco and Woods are heading elsewhere, and given the gossip I read online (mostly on bleeding cool) I guess january 2013 will see another round of pruning among the lower selling books.

BTW, I also wish DC put a new writer on LoSH. Not only I think the book is bad, but it looks like it's also selling worse than ever.

--------------------
Ciao a tutti,
FABIO

http://www.nottolone.net/legione/

From: Milan, Italy | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni   Email Omni         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Kayak:
quote:
Originally posted by Omni:

I think they will soon. DC's blog announced both DeFalco and Woods are heading elsewhere, and given the gossip I read online (mostly on bleeding cool) I guess january 2013 will see another round of pruning among the lower selling books.

BTW, I also wish DC put a new writer on LoSH. Not only I think the book is bad, but it looks like it's also selling worse than ever.

well thats good news!

and i agree about the Losh book. i honestly haven't liked any of it since levits came back. i'm not in love with the stories or the characterizations.

and there's just too many questions and mess ups. like the fate five being rectcond.

--------------------
read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
I don 't really want to see Legion Lost cancelled. They could stay lost longer and take a long time getting home. I just want them off 21st century earth and rid of their crossovers with other DC titles. Give them good writing and great adventures and this diverse cast could make a great sci-Fi ensemble book traveling a few years through space and time before finally getting safely home. Just keep them true to their Legion roots and the series could really take off, but have them stuck on 21st earth with a thousand other super heroes living near by is just bad writing.
From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultrajo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultrajo   Author's Homepage   Email ultrajo         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes. They've been transformed into the mundane and ordinary. Also, don't get me started on the lackluster adversaries.
From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
This would be a great opportunity to have the Lost team visit various times between the 21st and 31st century as they try to stumble home in a broken time machine. Pretty much wide open territory for writers.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
This would be a great opportunity to have the Lost team visit various times between the 21st and 31st century as they try to stumble home in a broken time machine. Pretty much wide open territory for writers.

Heck yeah! There's tons of potential for adventures between the 'current day' and the 'Legion future!'

Great idea, FC!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

One crossover such a storyline would enable would be them running into the old Atari Force team in the 23rd century. Having the Legion Lost crew mingle with Martin Champion, Tempest, Dart, Blackjack, Taz, Babe and Morphea would be an interesting storyline and allow for the comeback of a great Sci-Fi series.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.