Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion Lost #0 Preview (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Legion Lost #0 Preview
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Long live the Legion! If that's the case.
From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
As long as they don't make Brin half-Cargggite to explain how he can appear in so many books simultaneously. (Poor Duplicate Damsel, that's HER shtick!)

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
^ And Phantom Girl's. And Phase's. And Apparition's. [Wink]
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
As long as they don't make Brin half-Cargggite to explain how he can appear in so many books simultaneously. (Poor Duplicate Damsel, that's HER shtick!)

Perhaps they wouldn't have to--after all Zoon has three suns too!

And Defalco talks about picking Brin for issue #0 from CBR:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=40940

[ September 11, 2012, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: Korbal ]

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... definitely can't say I prefer this T Wolf origin to the original, but I suppose it could have been worse. Particularly. Annoyed that they didn't name his opposite number "Karth Arn" as a tribute to the original version
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Yep, "it could have been worse" pretty much sums up my reaction the story.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't really mind the origin story for Timber Wolf per se except I wish it would have actually included a scene of Timber Wolf joining the Legion and showed some of the other Legionnaires to tie this book in with the other Legion title. It seems DeFalco is more interested in connecting Legion Lost with the Teen Titans than the Legion. Finally on the bio page I was disappointed that it didn't list T-Wolf's appearance (albeit in cameo) in Legion #8 but listed appearances in Superboy and Teen Titans. He still is a legionnaire isn't he?
From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry:
Yep, "it could have been worse" pretty much sums up my reaction the story.

Which begs the question, "why make changes if they are not an improvement". I much prefer the "I thought I was an android" alienation theme to revenge motivated drivel.

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mykey3000
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mykey3000   Author's Homepage   Email Mykey3000         Edit/Delete Post     
Ouch. I'm starting to dislike this title. If you make the mistake of buying this #0 book, please note the amateurish dialog. There isn't even a payoff at the end with a Legion appearance, or anything that harkens back to his historical first appearances--a huge disppointment. Why oh why didn't he do Tellus??

--------------------
Mykey
Cosmic Teams!

From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
We did get a bizarre Captain Atom allusion, though I'm not sure if it was supposed to be significant.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
After reading this new origin of Timber Wolf, I see that DC is cheating the fans.
And we are before another concealed reboot.
From Secret origins up to these zero spotlights, everything indicates that many things have changed and other more were changing...
For that they were not be honest and began of zero as the Teen Titans or Justice League?
The next.....Brainiac 5 origins....

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't mind minor changes BUT...this wasn't minor.

At first I thought it was explaining how the mother died...but then I realized it was a brand new origin.

Don't love it but don't mind it either. I recently read his original origin and I think it could've been updated.

I would've like to see Legion involvement though. But that may be the follow up Blade Runner type android story where the Legion gets involved. [Smile]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Honestly, having seen this story almost in its entirely now, I'm not regretting choosing to blow my handful of extra cash on remaindered music instead.

The art looked pretty, yes. But the story was padded, contrived even for "just a superhero story" and so by-the-numbers that I wanted to scream.

And next we're getting a story about Brainiac 5.

[Roll Eyes]

Yeah, I think I'll just go paw through the CD remainder bins on Half dot com some more. Sorry, Legion.

[Frown] (Honestly, cartoon villain Mar Londo was more subtle, nuanced and interesting than anyone in this weak-tea origin story.)

[ September 16, 2012, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: cleome46 ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
It was pretty padded, though not half-bad for an origin... of a new character.

Agree that it failing to fill in the gaps of how Brin encountered the Legion was probably the most annoying part of it.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Had hoped to bear this out until it (soon) cancels but #12 and this thread.... Can't do it. Based on his L Lost effort, I don't think I'd ever buy a title from this writer. Just not to my tastes I guess.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.