Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion Lost #0 Preview (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Legion Lost #0 Preview
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Average story, screws with his origin but that's nothing new now. Good art.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I've had reservations about DeFalco writing DC characters before, but this has really been very bad.

They could have done the same origin, merge in parts of brin's old origin, and everyone would have been happy (and it would have made a better origin than BatWerine. :/

Is it wrong of me to say that I'm waiting impatiently for this series to be cancelled and the characters to be reabsorbed in LSH?

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll join in with the dislike. Full disclosure: I was never much a Timber Wolf fan to begin with. But making him into such a generic feral/angry/revenge character strips what little there was of interest in the character that I did have. I just didn't see the point of this update when the original had more going for it (or even the animated origin, which struck a better balance).
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I find myself loving both the animated and 'classic' and Threeboot Timber Wolves, but not caring at all for 'Furball' or this new Wolverine-clone that Levitz has been using.

It's kind of head-spinny that there were already four different versions of this character running around, and Paul has felt the need to re-invent this particular wheel a fifth sprocking time.

And since this latest re-invention, IMO, isn't as good as at least three of the four previous incarnations, I'm left wondering what the heck the writers / editorial / whomever were smoking in the first place.

Change to make things *better,* is cool. Changing up his origin to bring in the Animated concept that Papa Londo was a 'let's turn people into bioweapons and sell them to terrorists!' sort of dude, could be funky. Changing it to focus on the nature of androids in the 31st century, as foreshadowing for a new android member of the LSV who has a grudge against Timber Wolf (a sort of arch-nemesis, as coldly mechanical as Brin is passionate and sometimes atavistic).

I'm not feeling that sort of thing here.

Character retooling should, IMO, *add* opportunities and expand options. A lot of this new DC stuff feels like it is making everyone smaller and less than they were before, taking stuff away, and not presenting anything even equal to what existed before, let alone *better* than what it's replacing.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pariscub:
I've had reservations about DeFalco writing DC characters before, but this has really been very bad.

They could have done the same origin, merge in parts of brin's old origin, and everyone would have been happy (and it would have made a better origin than BatWerine. :/

Is it wrong of me to say that I'm waiting impatiently for this series to be cancelled and the characters to be reabsorbed in LSH?

If you are wrong, than I'm wrong along with you, Pariscub.

I pretty much gave up in disgust when they retroactively trashed Gim and Yera's marriage. The idea that contrived, unexplained angst is somehow more interesting than just letting the characters stay together... [throws up hands] May it do their sales good, but I'm not bloody interested.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
Story was subpar, and only seemed to be an excuse to retroactively introduce SP Nate Adym as the head of Echo (and possibly the identity of Harvest?) . Kinda wonder if Tor will become Black Mace though...

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought the story was not all that bad. But would if had hurt so much to somewhere include Ayla in it instead of some no name SPs? That would have given us some sense of (no, not continuity) reverence to the old stories... picked up my Legion archive and read the original Lone Wolf story which, by todays standards, is very hard to read at all in my eyes, but well, some kind of nod to the old stories still woul have felt well.
From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoyed it more than LSH # 0.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.