Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion Lost #13 Preview (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Legion Lost #13 Preview
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
From iFanboy: http://ifanboy.com/articles/exclusive-preview-legion-lost-13/
Hints of another Legion traitor?

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Malarky.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hackett:
Malarky.

Just to expand on this a bit. I just find this whole set of subplots ridiculous. That Yera's been a spy all this time, even after the first revelation. That the marriage to Colossal Boy was faked (and that the guy who hired her to spy on the Legion isn't familiar enough with them to remember his name?). Even allowing all of that, which is a huge stretch, the whole sequence of events to get her to this point is just flat out ridiculous to say it was planned all along. Add to that the fact that there's ANOTHER double agent on the team somewhere is just malarky.

Now I know Chameleon Girl isn't a fan favourite or anything, but she's a character with an established history and at least some characterisation. It seems like another unnecessary change without any worthwhile payoff that's been the hallmark of the DCnU. I was hoping the Legion would be somewhat insulated from this, but obviously not.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Malarky.

Just to expand on this a bit. I just find this whole set of subplots ridiculous.
You had me at malarky.

I am stubbornly resisting dropping this title, since I have never willingly dropped a Legion title, but this is just crap.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
This is so ludicrous. I'm not even reading this book and I am too baffled to even laugh at the absurdity of Chameleon Girl being a spy! [shrug]

[ October 09, 2012, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
One thing that I liked most about the Legion was their camaraderie. You know, "We are Legion", "Long Live the Legion" and all that. The idea of there being possibly more than one spy on the team... ugh. Doesn't matter who it is, if it isn't a new member I don't like the idea.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
This is so ludicrous. I'm not even reading this book and I am too baffled to even laugh at the absurdity of Chameleon Girl being a spy! [shrug]

She'd be a triple agent then.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdpinball
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdpinball   Email jdpinball         Edit/Delete Post     
I dropped this title after the 4th or 5th issue...I'll flip through a new issue at the store each month and I'm always happy that my decision was the right choice. I REALLY hope this book is cancelled soon and it's all explained as some kind of head trip dream t legionnaires are experiencing due to being captured...or something?? And then they can be returned to the 30th century where they can fight the Fatal Five for the first time...oh wait...
From: EARTH | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Just read #13 today, and I have to say the storyline might actually lead to something interesting. I also feel that it will lead to the end of the series within a few issues now that the Science Police have linked up with the lost Legionnaires. At least they now have a ride home! Just not liking the idea of Tyroc dying in the 21st century. We'll have to see what happens.
From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting issue.

Okay, this series has been a train wreck since issue #1. Rumors of its demise are swirling just as I'm starting to get into it. Typical. Dizzying alternate timeline stuff. Traitors, deep covers, and triple crosses! Science police with time bubbles. A troubling gravestone from a thousand years before a hero is born? Okay, Mr. DeFalco, you have my attention.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Kayak
Italian Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Kayak   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jdpinball:
I REALLY hope this book is cancelled soon

rob liefeld tweeted that it will. we'll probably know if that news is true in the next few days at NYCC.

--------------------
Ciao a tutti,
FABIO

http://www.nottolone.net/legione/

From: Milan, Italy | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
What if they were ALL traitors!! Secret agents for the Khunds, the Dominators, Darkseid, The U.P. ... Now THERE is a story that's not been done.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
^^A bit like that Get Smart episode where Max infiltrates the KAOS cell, only to find it's entirely composed of infiltrators from the CIA, FBI, etc.?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
/off-topic/ ^ They've started airing Get Smart on a channel here in Australia again and it's a show I have not seen in about 20 years but OH MY GOD IS IT FUNNY!!!!

Mel Brooks is usually very hit or miss with me but this show has me chuckling or laughing out loud every two minutes! And I don't think I even used to really like it all that much when I was young.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdpinball
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdpinball   Email jdpinball         Edit/Delete Post     
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/10/rob-liefeld-teases-bryan-hitch-on-batmansuperman-and-a-bunch-of-dc-cancellations/
From: EARTH | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.