Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion Lost #13 Preview (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Legion Lost #13 Preview
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Boo to the upcoming crossover too; if anything it'll probably just delay the resolution of the Legion Lost storyline.

There's no cross-over at all--Ravagers is doing it's own thing and Superboy is going to be in the middle of it's H'el on Earth crossover. This story is going to purely be in Legion Lost.
From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
Even if LL gets cancelled soon, Echo plotlines will continue into the New 52 as Kid Flash and Jocelyn Lure (there can be little doubt that she is an Echo operative) will continue to appear in Teen Titans and Superboy.

It might be amusing if another reason why Troy Stewart was "The Hero Who Hated the Legion" was because that he knew joining their ranks would ultimately lead to his demise.

As for Wildfire--Drake could conceivably survive after losing his suit by spending time in Qward, where it has been established (admittedly during the Threebot ) that his anti-energy could manifest a corporeal body--which would be an interesting twist in his relationship with Dawny...

[ October 15, 2012, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: Korbal ]

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
One thing that infuriates me about the new villain? Having ultra-aggressive villains who revel in violence for the sake of violence is so boring AND annoying. Those are the worst one-dimensional villains IMO, and when the Legion gives him the beatdown I will so cheer!

I don't like that this guy, to be 'established as a badass' killed an entire planet in his introduction. It seems fated to become one of those 'villain badass decay' things, where the bad-guy does something incredibly over-the-top in his first appearance, and then turns out to be a big fat dud, and never manages to be a credible threat again.

Plus I am beyond bored with people kicking Drake's ass. He's a heavy hitter, and it would feel appropriately 'super' for every bad-guy they face to *not* be inexplicably immune to an anti-matter explosion to the face.

What's the point of having awesome superhero powers if every single schmuck that nobody's ever heard of (or likely will ever hear from again) has editorial fiat making them immune to your powers? It's boring, uncreative, repetitive and, did I say, boring?

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Korbal:
As for Wildfire--Drake could conceivably survive after losing his suit by spending time in Qward, where it has been established (admittedly during the Threebot ) that his anti-energy could manifest a corporeal body--which would be an interesting twist in his relationship with Dawny...

Well like you said, it was the Threeboot--but back when Nicieza was writing it, I had a feeling that due to the Hypertaxis virus that all of these character's powers would evolve during the course of the story, like what we saw with Timber Wolf, so I think I could see Drake hitting a corner emotionally--that he can be the Drake he was while still accepting that he is no longer human in the traditional sense--and would be able to create a physical form for himself.
From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
It's official--Legion Lost is history, #16 is being solicited as a final issue:
http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=4584&page=5

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.