Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Election 2012 Poll... (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Election 2012 Poll...
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, so for the new election, "All Active Members (except those LOST in the 21st century) are eligible".

So, I made two lists, one with the "active members" interpreted very literally, excluding the recently resigned Star Boy and Comet Queen, and one with those two plus Bouncing Boy and Duplicate Damsel thrown in.

Let's see how close we can get to the actual results!

Polling is not enabled in this forum. This poll is inactive.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Are we supposed to vote twice? Once for each question?

As with the last election, I voted for Phantom Girl and will be doing so by mail to DC. She seems like a natural choice, as one of the oldest historical members who has never been leader in any boot. She has always been portrayed as a solid professional and team player. The personality that Levitz gave her in Secret Origins and the zero issue suggests that she would have a lot of good will and affection from her teammates.

Go Tinya!

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Yeah, the theory is that you vote on each list, and will presumably vote for the same person on each list, unless you prefer one of the four added names on the second list.

After posting it I thought I should've made a list adding in the Lost Legionnaires as well, just to see how that would go.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultrajo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultrajo   Author's Homepage   Email ultrajo         Edit/Delete Post     
I voted for Dream Girl, then Duplicate Damsel.
From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
I wish the Legion Lost team had been included. Then I might have voted for Timber Wolf, Tyroc or Dawnstar. All of them might have fostered interesting storylines.
From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
As usual, I voted for who could use some more panel time. Lightning Lass and Duplicate Damsel for me.

Maybe Luornu becoming Leader would produce a story on how her powers changed?

Cham is on the list, but no Colossal Boy or Night Girl?

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Colossal Boy is not currently active, but with Starfleet or something. Night Girl is an instructor at the Academy at the moment, so I guess she could've been included on the second list with Lu and Chuck, but she hasn't been seen much lately, so...
Eryk Davis Ester

Interestingly, for once we have fairly clear leaders on the polls. [Hmmm?]
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, after all my Phantom Girl boosting last election, I feel dirty for not voting for her this election!

Still, my heart is fickle, and this week, it's Ayla.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Quislet:
As usual, I voted for who could use some more panel time. Lightning Lass and Duplicate Damsel for me.

Me too! Lu would be a great leader. She could accompany every away team and take charge of all of them at once.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Me too! Lu would be a great leader. She could accompany every away team and take charge of all of them at once.

I'm very curious as to whether or not all of the Lu's are mentally connected, like a single entity.

She was portrayed in the recent Adventure run as finishing her own sentences, and with multiple selves standing in the same pose and moving simultaneously, which very much suggests that she *is* present in all of her duplicates, at the same time, and that they don't have to talk to each other, or pass on information when they recombine (like Marvels Multiple Man).

If that's the case, then she could literally be on every team *and know instantly what's going on with every other team.* That could be very cool, and also make for some challenges for the writer, since any team with a Lu on it would know what was going on halfway around the galaxy (or at headquarters, where there's yet another Lu on 'monitor duty.').

Of course, if she's got some sort of range limit (can't maintain a dupe that gets more than 100 yards, or a couple thousand miles, or a light-second away from her, for instance), that would be a built in limitation on Lu being all over the place, keeping everyone in real-time communication.

Makes me wonder if UP faster than light interstellar communications aren't built using tech designed around or inspired by Carggite neural tissue, able to maintain a real-time connection between greatly separated 'selves.' That would be funky, to find out that every long-range UP communications device (including the Flight Rings) has a few cloned Carggite brain cells built into it!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
I voted for Mon-el again. I've always voted for Mon-el, all the way back to the old days, because I feel he has great character and leadership potential, but writers will shy away from him. Forcing him into the spotlight should create a great oppourtunity, but Paul hasn't really seized that oppourtunity having spent the first half of his term writing himself out of a plot corner and the second half hasn't really had a lot of great leadership moments. I want to see Mon the leader actually leading the charge into an epic battle, so I'm giving him a second chance to get it right.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
Seems that all the fans are punishing Shadow Lass for sleeping with Earth Man. Zero votes...
I vote for Tinya and Luornu, both deserve be the leader.

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
I voted for Shady over Tinya in the 1st poll because I feel she is not as likeable as she once was due to the Mon-el/Earth Man story, maybe Paul could fix that with her in the spotlight.

In the 2nd poll I voted for Lu as I did last year because Her power would be perfect for Leader of the Legion!

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

So, if there were an overwhelming number of votes sent in for Lu, they'd have to count them, wouldn't they? [Triplicate Girl]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.