Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Election 2012 Poll... (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Election 2012 Poll...
Lucky
Dream Girl's boy toy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky   Author's Homepage   Email Lucky         Edit/Delete Post     
We need a leader with vision. I voted for Dream Girl.
Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Emily Sivana:
I voted for Shadow Lass because I think she would be a good field commander. I voted for Chameleon Boy because we've rarely seen him in a leadership position.

I think Cham would be excellent, especially if they tuned in to some of the fighting skills he displayed in the first LOST series, other boot that it was.
sigh

This Tasmia is always trying to compensate for her emotions, or letting them run away with her to really be a sound commander, imo, though.
I'd vote for Umbra in a heartbeat, though.
[Yes]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LegionFan223
Wearer of the Crown

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LegionFan223   Email LegionFan223         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Phantom Girl has always been one of my least favorite Legionnaires. I've always found her to be very bland. I've always favored all of the girls over any of the boys, but she and Imra are at the bottom of the stack for me.

She is also my least favorite and I can't understand why anyone would vote for her....unless it is a poll about which member to kill. I would not mind that at all as Jo needs to be more defined than just the second half of Tinya and Jo. There are lots of possibilities for Jo without her.

--------------------
I am smelling like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed.

From: Orando | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I suppose people could be voting for her in the hopes that leadership would foist a personality on her.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
quote:
I voted for Shadow Lass because I think she would be a good field commander. I voted for Chameleon Boy because we've rarely seen him in a leadership position.

I think Cham would be excellent, especially if they tuned in to some of the fighting skills he displayed in the first LOST series, other boot that it was.
sigh

This Tasmia is always trying to compensate for her emotions, or letting them run away with her to really be a sound commander, imo, though.
[Yes]

*tears up* I want the Reboot legion back!! I WANT IT!!

I feel kind of bad. I don't put nearly as much thought into who I vote for. I just vote for my favorite characters. *blush*

From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Phantom Girl or Duplicate Damsel this time.

I like this current version of Phantom Girl, so I'm sort of voting for a favourite too. Tasmia's just kind of emotionally messed up these days.

Lu could be replaced by Thom at the Academy and whip the Legion into shape. Plus she takes no crap from Brainy. I suspect Tinya would go easier on him, given the Secret Origins new backstory. Always dangerous to go easy on the green kid.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer: Lu could be replaced by Thom at the Academy and whip the Legion into shape. Plus she takes no crap from Brainy. I suspect Tinya would go easier on him, given the Secret Origins new backstory. Always dangerous to go easy on the green kid.
Ha! True. He's trouble.

My favorite thing about Tinya is her general nice-ness.

IMO, too many male writers decide that, to make a female character 'interesting' they have to make her be aloof or critical of others or catty or otherwise an unpleasant person (or take it a step further and make them an alcoholic or whatever, like Carol Danvers / Ms. Marvel and Theresa / Siryn from X-Factor, which worked for Tony / Stark, but isn't a magic bullet to make a character 'interesting.')

Male characters can be happy go lucky, like Spider-man, or 'boy scouts' like Superman or Captain America or Shazam/Captain Marvel, but female characters have to be 'edgy' (and by 'edgy,' too often the male writers make them seem bitchy, instead) to be considered 'interesting.'

So it's nice to have the occasional female superhero who, like Captain America or Superman or Spiderman, doesn't have a ginormous chip on their shoulder and comes across as a nice person, who is a hero because she wants to be a hero and not because she needs to 'prove' something.

Lu, IMO, has been recently portrayed as increasingly snippy, hypercritical and in-your-face argumentative, and I don't remember that being part of her characterization. Again, IMO, it's not making her 'edgy' or making her character seem 'deep' or 'real,' just kind of making her seem kind of unpleasant to be around (when Jiminez used Night Girl to contrast her blowing up at the Academy students, it was at least two female characters reflecting different reactions, but now that it's Chuck always being 'the reasonable one' and providing the constrast it feels like the old 'women are too emotional to be in charge' trope).

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
This Tinya seems less cliquish than her pre-boot self and she is nice. She could be a peacemaker; I see Mon-el in that same role, for different reasons: his legendary history, although not Valor-grade, puts him somewhat beyond the other legionnaires.

Lu has been shown to be contentious lately, except for that scene where she put Glorith to bed. Comments from Chuck indicate that it's largely an act. Perhaps she isn't that well suited for the Academy - she's there because of her husband. She's not my first choice for leader, but I wouldn't mind seeing her back in the Legion and send Thom to the Academy.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Only two more days to vote in the poll, and to vote for reals!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Only hours left in the poll!

Hope you've already mailed in your ballots to DC!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

So, Legion World has spoken, and apparently we support Phantom Girl overwhelmingly!

Unless you throw in Duplicate Damsel, in which case it's a dead heat between them. [Hmmm?]

Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
We have such good taste. Keeping my fingers crossed that the real election has the same result.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Conjure Lass:
quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
quote:

sigh

[Yes]

*tears up* I want the Reboot legion back!! I WANT IT!!

I feel kind of bad. I don't put nearly as much thought into who I vote for. I just vote for my favorite characters. *blush*

Reboot Chameleon and Umbra were great, although the present Cham is quite good too. Present Tasmia, ehhh...

Agree with the posters who said this Tinya is much more pleasant (and with good leadership potential) than the Preboot one!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.