Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » Welcome Suddenly Seymour! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Welcome Suddenly Seymour!
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Howdy! [Big Grin]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Another one from that state "up there!" Ah, alls well in love and football. Welcome!

Is that Gates? GATES? How cool is that?

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Triad Neutral
Centered

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Triad Neutral           Edit/Delete Post     
That is a fantastic picture!
From: Cargg | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome aboard, Seymour! Love the Wizard World photo!

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
That is a fantastic picture
Thanks. We all walked into the con and to the DC booth together. We felt like the Beatles for a few moments. The guy who made the Gates costume, Leman, did almost all those other costumes. I think Apparation did hers and Mone'l's, if I remember correctly.

We did the Justice Society the next year and the JLA the year after that, and he did my costumes. I'm thinking I may try to do Color Kid sometime. It was such a simple, neat costume.

And hello to you fellow Michiganders (and past Michiganders). (I know Michiganian is the official term, but I voted for Michigander in the poll, and I'm sticking with it.)

Eric

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, I just realized that there are other people from Michigan. I need to pay better attention. Oh the joys of Michigan - beautiful water, Vernors and Better Made chips, and ten straight years of losing baseball.

And hey Semi Transparent Fellow, I grew up on the other side of the Blue Water bridge just outside of Port Huron! You must be from Sarnia.

From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Super Lad Kid:
Hey, I just realized that there are other people from Michigan. I need to pay better attention. Oh the joys of Michigan - beautiful water, Vernors and Better Made chips, and ten straight years of losing baseball.

And hey Semi Transparent Fellow, I grew up on the other side of the Blue Water bridge just outside of Port Huron! You must be from Sarnia.

Truly I am from Sarnia. I used to venture across the Bluewater Bridge as a kid to buy the Aurora superhero model kits because they weren't available in Canada.

Later, as a teenager, I went across the bridge one night to smoke dope for the very first time. We thought it was too risky to do it in Canada. In retrospect, what idiots we were - taking marijuana across the border. Oh, well, the times were different then.
I certainly don't do anything like that anymore.

[ August 10, 2003, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Semi Transparent Fellow ]

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb
Member of Lash's Legion of Super Bitches

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caleb   Email Caleb         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymor:
[QUOTE]Thanks! That was Wizard World Chicago a few years ago. A big group of people showed up as postboot Legionnaires, but they let me hang out with them anyway. It was my first foray into costumed fandom.

-
Eric

Those costumes are quality stuff. How incredibly cool. The starfield outfit looks great.

--------------------
Bring Back Tellus :tellus:

Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That's a great photo. The Gates costume is really cool.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lola rosa
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lola rosa           Edit/Delete Post     
Gates scares me and my monkey!!
lola rosa
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lola rosa           Edit/Delete Post     
FYI- A Little Shop of Horrors revival is opening this fall here in NYC, on Broadway!! (the original was off-Broadway)
I'm so there!

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
FYI- A Little Shop of Horrors revival is opening this fall here in NYC, on Broadway!! (the original was off-Broadway)
It's back on? Man, I wish I could come see it. That and Bernadette Peters in "Gypsy."

Eric

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

quote:
Hey, I just realized that there are other people from Michigan. I need to pay better attention.
We can call ourselves the Thumbstate Three and plot to take over the Legion! (Yean, I know Sarnia isn't in Michigan, but it's close enough.)

quote:
You must be from Sarnia.
We used to take the Boblo Boat from Sarnia when the showboats stopped running, just before the park closed completely. That was a sad day. [Frown]

Eric

[ August 11, 2003, 05:34 AM: Message edited by: Suddenly Seymor ]

--------------------
Geek Watch

kid chaos

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kid chaos   Author's Homepage   Email kid chaos         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm from Grand Rapids but wish I weren't.
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Oops! That's right! Braalian's from Michigan (my cousin goes to college in Grand Rapids -- it looks nice enough when passing through on the way to Saugatuck or Up North), too. Sorry, Semi-Transparent, if we want to keep the name Thumbstate Three, you'll have to be our Canadian Cousin. Or we could just change to Fumbstate Four. [Smile]

Do I hear five?

Eric

--------------------
Geek Watch

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.