Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » LMB: the Continuity! (Page 15)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: LMB: the Continuity!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, it's great to see you Therod! I'm glad you like the thread! And it seems you've brought up a whole lot more memories and things that we haven't delved into to much. That huge story was great, there was so much going on, that I'm pretty sure I haven't covered it all yet. And not many here remember Carrina Winters, but yes indeed she was the super-traitor (Lash, Lardy, anyone?).

I don't real remember the Christmas story, is that when Lucien was nostalgic about Christmas? I think it might be time for another LMBP Christmas story in the coming weeks/months...

Good to see you Roo!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
I starting to think Lasher and KP wait until I'm not around to post!!!!! [Frown] I keep missing them!

Hi Vee!

Kid Therod, as I recall *you* were the reason the Emerald Ass of Ekron exploded.. ***bwaHAha!*** That was so hilarious-- offensive too I suppose, as Rob deleted the thread!

Indeed I remember Carrina Winters' freakout.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Indeed I remember Carrina Winters' freakout.

i keep hearing this name !!! but i still don't know the full story ??? what happened .....

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Therod
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Therod   Email Kid Therod         Edit/Delete Post     
Carrina?

She started very nice. Her LMBP character was Adriana Mccloud or somthing like that. She was into the highlander movies and she asked for use to help her develope her character. She was on the DC boards with us and at one point she had problems with some posters and some of the LMBP came to her aid. Things went smooth for awhile until Lardy and not a bad way posted something that asked Carrina's mom if she could come out and play our something like it. She went balistic because if I remember correctly her mom had recently passed away, something that none in the LMBP knew. Her husband, stormrazor as he was known also went crazy on Lardy. Lardy apologized for something that was taken the wrong way. Carrina left the boards, because the LMBP rallied behind Lardy. This is how I remeber it, there might be some things wrong and if other remember better please correct me.

Therod, Kid Therod

--------------------
Therod, Kid Therod.
God Bless us Everyone.

From: Harlingen | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Roo, that about sums it up pretty well I think.

Basically, Carrina seemed like a really nice person, and slowly joined in on the maddness. It appeared that she was becoming pretty close with some LMBers too during this period (this is when I posted sporadically). Then in one of those threads where you keep asking questions, Lardy innocently asked 'her mother' if she could come out and play. No big deal. No one knew her mother passed away, she had never mentioned it before. Lardy felt terrible and almost left the boards, and Carrina went ballistic.

The rest of the LMB tried to help, honestly, but nobody wanted to see Lardy feel so bad when he obviously didn't mean anything. And then, Carrina's husband posted (this is where it gets weird) and started calling people names and threatening people. It was a big mess and a dark time for the LMBP. I think this is why a lot posters don't talk about it, although I wasn't really around for the whole thing, so I don'd mind bringing it up.

Lardy, Lash, Roo and Dev (among a lot of others) know the story better, but I think we've about covered it. Although I do remember one postathon where Midnight Son and I were fooling around telling Lash and Lardy that we were alt Id's of Carrina Winters, so I don't think the subject is too touchy [Smile] .

A dark day in LMBP continuity, which I can only deem, the "LMBP Super-Traitor!".

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Carrina Winters---UGH!

Y'know, I'd actually forgotten about my "role" in that whole sordid affair 'til those posts reminded me. Honestly, I just remembered that she was kind of a manic-depressive psycho (which is not to put down m-d's in general, just to describe her extreme moods)!

But yeah, I remembered how I felt at that point, but I obviously got over it. I think seeing her unreasonable reaction and how she just went further and further around the bend made me see the situation for what it really was.

A lot of posters also doubted heavily the existence of her supposed "husband". I remember the evidence was pretty convincing that this was an alternate i.d. of hers. Add to that that she had had one altercation with the LMB before that and very tumultuous relations elsewhere on the DCMBs, and it seemed pretty clear that she was a trouble-maker.

Brrr...put that one down as a VERY dark period for us!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
thanks for the info !!! at least i now, know about the Carrina Winters "Episode" !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah I remember that everyone on the old ODCUT forum at the DC boards figured "stormrazor" was her alt-ID "pretend" husband.

The ODCUT posters (not us Legion boarders) began making fun of her hissyfits and dramatic exit from the boards by adapting alt-IDs like Carrina Summers and such.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
So OF COURSE I have to go and resurrect her on the "Ongoing" tag team thread! And I had sex with her too!

Good grief, Charlie Brown!

<Somehow, I got the feeling that was where Cobalt wanted me to go with it. Am I right, CK?>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Lardy, I knew you were going to use her in the tag thread if I kept bringing her up [Smile] Go ahead, reread this whole thread and you'll see I've kept doing it all along! Now that she's in there, she's fair game!

Lash, I remember when the guys on the ODCUT did that to her too, but by then she was way to psycho to have any sympathy for!

So Ultra Matt, there it is, the episode the LMBP Super Traitor!

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

One more story I remembered recently from year One:

Cobalt's Calculus Conundrum! This story was actually inspired by Calculus homework I had my freshmen year in college, and was about the fourth or fifth tag story we did, as it was weeks after the formation of the LMBP. It never really got off the ground though and only lasted about ten or so posts. I do remember that Loser always looked at it fondly [Smile] . It did involve a long forgotten LMBP villian, namely Calculus itself! Yes, Calculus was so hard, that it became a sentient being and attacked Cobalt Kid, and then the entire LMBP! Since the story never ended, one can only assume it got away and has been missing all these years since...

There are more tag stories that I've forgotten, I just can't remember them all! In the long running tag thread with Biegesied, the main stories were Carrina Winters joining, Shark Lad being evil, the Hootchie Hut under attack, and other maddness, and a side story of Kid Pyschout on a motor cycle fighting Salad Tosser Lord.

Also, who were the other members of the LMBP Fatal Five? Vaginimus and Tharcock I remember, but the other three are causing me to draw a blank. Lardy, do you remember these?

And also, Therod, when did you 'enter' the Emerald Ass to shut it down? Was that in the long tag team thread, or was it later on on the USB forum in year three? These are important matters, you know:) Maybe it was the Emerald Ass that was a major baddie in the Fatal Five thread...

As far as we know, there is the Emerald Ass, the Emerald Boobs, the Emerald Dildo (and fairy, Kid Prime's sister), as well as the Golden Dildo of Tartar. The Emerald Dildo and Golden Dildo's recently merged in the Ongoing Tag Thread and are now Star 69, where the Dildo fairy lives.

Anymore stories [Smile] ?

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Bump for Yellow Kid, Galahadran and others!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Alright, so I'm up late and really bored and I don't have work tomorrow, and I don't want to go to bed yet. So I've decided to start making my way through the LMBP Yahoo group starting at post one and then on.

Some things I've seen:

-First, I've never read all those old posts, and I'm a bit touched by what people said about me during my first absence (when I promised to come back in four months). Talk about a loyal bunch of friends [Smile]

-Also, it's funny to see how some LMBers were more active at certain periods, although we haven't seen them in a long time. For example, Ample Man and Hardshell the Turle Boy were once pretty active LMBers! Of course, the best example of this is Sasha. I tried to email him lately (along with Shady, Yellow Kid and a few others) but the email address was no longer in service. I really miss some of these 'old' LMBers, and I think I might start maintaining a thread on the DC Boards that provides a link here in case any of them ever show up there.

-Also, not to dredge up old bad memories (which is the last thing I want to do now), but it's also interesting to see how many times there have been a poster or two who made the DC Boards a miserable place. Drunken Hyena and Darkforce are two that I've noticed (and I know there were others, but I'm not there yet). Like I said, I don't want to stir up bad memories, but it is part of LMBP continuity.

Oh and BTW, if you are a poster at Legion World, and have wondered if you are a member of the LMB, don't worry. Because you are. Yep, you were drafted long ago, so I wouldn't concern myself over such matters [Smile] .

It's been so much fun meeting new posters here on Legion World and getting to 'see' a lot of old posters too (like Shanton recently reappearing), that it's made posting again (after a long absence) totally fun. I feel like I did when I first discovered the internet (in college) and stayed up til three in the morning everynight not wanting to go to bed [Wink] !

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I just read the posts where Steve Lightle first showed up and introduced himself to the LMB [Smile] ! Wow, talk about everyone being flabbergasted! This was around the first few times that we were able to interact with Steve I think!

Sasha said it the best: "Wow...holy shit...steve lightle...can't type...heart racing...need lemonade..."

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Two other highlights of Year Two:

-Space Tart and Hummer Lass going out on the town and raising a few eye brows (and hell [Wink] ) This fits in nicely with continuity for both of them, as this was when Cobalt and Spacey were having trouble and Hummer Lass was starting to become and LMB ally/possible member that had a strange relationship with Lard Lad/

-And even more important: Do any of you remember when the LMBP saved a message board? Yup, the comicbookresources Legion forum (don't even know if it still exists) was going to get axed even though they had a small, but loyal group there. Loser Lad decided that if the LMBP was able to start pumping out threads that they couldn't axe the forum, so the LMBP went over and created about fifty threads to save it! True story! I forgot about this! (This is also when Lardy starting posting about Laurel Gand's thong a lot...)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  26  27  28   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.