Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » LMB: the Continuity! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: LMB: the Continuity!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
WOW, Cobie!!! What a memory you have on you, young buck!

Now I see that this LMB Continuity Timeline IS feasable, very do-able!

Oh and Cruey-- my above post was poorly worded. I knew you weren't very heavily involved in the story threads and such which is why I figured your help in that regard would be minimal. Your input re: certain aspects of the timeline would be swell though! (Who was leader/deputy when? etc.) No slight was meant to my favorite virtual blue-blood!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Lash, I definately agree! I've been wanting to go through it for awhile, for mainly the reason that every time I've taken a big absence from the LMB (about three or four) I come back to find a bunch of cool new members and old members that I used to talk to are gone! I can easily piece together the gaps, but I always end up saying to myself "damn, I wish I was around for this". One case is that I never was around when Loser Lad stopped posting, and when I came back he was long gone. This makes me want to piece together the continuity so that old time LMB posters are never forgotten (i.e Dedman, Sasha, etc.).

Tomorrow I should have some free time, we'll start piecing together the first two "eras" as they happened, and how they fit into LMB continuity [Smile] ! I'm thinking Golden age LMB, the LMB experience, a great crisis bringing together the LMBers (in Lardy's who are you thread) where they fought some baddie (Salad-Tosser Lad or another), and then the formation of the LMB as it happened in your thread!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Sounds great Cobes. I'll be around tomorrow.

(Damn! Whatever DID happen to Dedman and Sasha-- The Mighty Fan Boy Man Lad? They were both artistic talents... I'll assume they're out drawin' up a storm somewhere).

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
What a cool idea!

I miss those guys -- and what about Galadhran? Yellow Kid? Ultra JO? Zoe's Love Slave? Ample Man?

And don't forget my buds LOST IN LUST LAD and DIAL H FOR H.O.M.O.! [Big Grin]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

For Lost in Lust Lad you better send Terence a link to this board, Stuey!

As for Dial H for H-O-M-O, I dunno who HE is, but I wanna ask him out for drinks/dinner when he is available!

--------------------

Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Dial H for HOMO (one of the most amusing internet handles I've run across) is none other than Mart from the DC boards! He joined the Yahoo group and posted a couple of times, which makes him a bona fide LMBPer in my mind. [Smile]
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
ps/ SHARKLAD is a member here and has posted (though infrequently!)

guilty as charged ... I tend to lurk more than post ... but just like being at the beach, you never know what else is in the water with you ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
It was one of the more enjoyable periods of LMB history [Smile]

dude, you have brought back some really good memories ... the "LMBP: Five years later" thread is my personal favorite ... good to see you posting here ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by SharkLad:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
It was one of the more enjoyable periods of LMB history [Smile]

dude, you have brought back some really good memories ... the "LMBP: Five years later" thread is my personal favorite ... good to see you posting here ...
Thanks Sharkey, it's good to see you here too! There are a whole lot of LMB memories that I've been reminded of too lately!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The Five years later thread was one of the best we ever did, and is my personal favorite, especially with the ending:). That still exists in LMB continuity, along with the Search for Lard Lad, and all of Lardy's subsequent stories, though in a future timeline that may or may not occur!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Lash, I've been reading the Legion of Message Board Posters thread, and here's what I've come up with for the founders:

Cobalt Kid, Tsarin Lad, Lard Lad, Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass, Lash Lad, BBC, Goon Boy and Lev Lad are all the founders pretty much. Greybird and Newcru joined right after (so they may be possible founders), and then Rhino, Beagz and Loser joined in that order.

Also, I think we decided long ago that anyone who only posted once or twice was considered an honorary member in the LMB continuity.

So LMB continuity would go with the Golden Age LMB first, then the LMB experience, then the appearance of Salad-Tosser Lord that caused the LMBers to first get together and meet (the Who Are you thread), and then the formation of the LMB with Lash Lad, Shady, Lardy, Cobalt, Tsarin, Seahorse, Lev Lad and Goon Boy. Crusader and Greybird Boy joined the very next mission! Then Rhino, Beagle Boy and Loser Lad.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I also forgot Engine Joe! For Engine Joe, the LMB continuity has always gone with the notion that he was a great hero of the past who helped inspire the formation of the LMB (similar to Super Boy). Of course, once the LMB was formed, he was long gone. He did return for a brief spell as the Son of the Eagle (where he came to our time), but had to return.

After Loser, the next members were Ultra Jo and Lumber Fox, and Sk8 Maven earned Honorary status.

Eventually during Year One, Lard Lad is elected leader, and Cobalt Kid and Shady are elected as Co-Deputy leaders.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

More parts of Year One:

-Lash, if you remember, it was you and I who formed the Espionage Squad and went to a tropical Hawaiin world (or something like that)

-more members joined like Kbern Kid, Armsfalloffboy, and others

-And eventually there was the road trips! The first appearances of Space Tart, Lucien, Foodmaker Kid coming back to life as the Spectre/Donna Troy, the fight with the Anti-Moderator, the wars on the GL boads that the LMB became embroiled in (including Smashface tracking us down to your HQ, fighting us, eventually joining for a bit and leaving after people were getting very fed up with him), and trips to Titan world, Opal City, Impulse world, and other places!

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

For a full list of all the members of year one, we can just go and check out the files saved at the LMB yahoo group.

The first 'year' also saw the Legion of Message Board Super pets, including Blok the rock, Piddlin' Pup and two or three others. Villians included the Entropy Spinach, Mordru (I think a hot woman with a big grey beard though), Salad Tosser Lord and maybe a few others I can't remember.

The first few months were so crazy, it's hard to keep track of everything. Other important posters were Midnight Son, Shark Lad, Sasha, HardShell the Turtle Boy, Dev-Em, Dean Lee. Princess Crujectra and Jailbait Lass both joined too I think, but Jailbait lass was forced to leave for being too young. Princess No-Protection too, remember her?

Oh, and Hummer Lass and BJ Boy fought against the LMB. Lardy married Hermaphrodite Helen after she became a full woman, then divorced her to date Hummer Lass. Pro-D is his little pet/friend.

For Year Two, I'm going to use the cut off that I already mentioned, what do you think? That would put Faraway, Therod, Foxy Roxy, Dedman, Furball, Carrina Winters and Kid Psychout as early members of Year Two. This was also the time we had that enormous tag team thread with three stories going on at the same time that included two Khunds joining and getting killed, and albino midget with a Liefield-esque gun fighting us and all kinds of other debauchery.

And what was the name of the hut we used to drink at? The Hootchie Hut?

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I know I'm posting a lot on this tonight, but I'm having a blast re-reading that old thread!

Other important developments that I can remember:
-the development of "Sweet Ass Sweet" as the LMB motto

-Lurker Lad joining

-Stately Wayne Manor-Eater Lad joining (by far the funniest name) and then changing it to Zoe's Love Slave.

-Another important part of LMB continuity: the death of Tsarin Kid, who stays dead for some time, and his rebirth as Mystery Lad!

-And we may as well retcon Foodmaker Kid as one of the first to join the LMB, and the first to die.

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  26  27  28   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.