Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » LMB: the Continuity! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: LMB: the Continuity!
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
If I remember correctly, I came about because of a board revamp (I think it might have been when the Legionnaires board ceased to be, but it may have just been a board hiccup. In any case, LMBP continuity suffered a hiccup, and Newcru King (currently known as The Crusader) was rebooted as Princess Crujectra. I believe this was also when we first saw Loser Snake and Lashwire.

When the continuity went back to normal, Newcru King returned, but with a twin sister, Princess Crujectra.

I believe it was at that time that I modified the siblings' powers, replacing Newcru's original "super-cleaning" powers with telepathy and telekinesis, and gave Crujectra illusion casting and limited precognition.

Down the road, Crujectra's limited tactile telekinesis manifested, which I use mostly to enhance my strength. I believe that my precognitive powers have faded away, though [Frown]

[ September 29, 2003, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: Princess Crujectra ]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder if I should reboot myself?

[ September 29, 2003, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: Dev Em ]

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Dev, you also had the honor of being in one of the coolest postathon threads I've ever seen with Lardy, Lash, Loser and Newcru (I think it wsa them)! Postathons were always a blast to do to, I think the last one I had (not counting the regular nightly postathons here, making this place really cool) was with Lardy, Lash and Midnight Son on the Phineas board. That's part of the reason SHAKES is so cool, someones always around!

Those threads were fun. I remember racking up pages upon pages of pure spam...
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Grey, that LMB portrait I think pretty much sums up Year One, who the members were (that posted all the time), with only a few exceptions!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I think that first reboot of the board happened sometime in Year Two when I wasn't posting that often. I remember checking in to find Loser a Snake, and Newcru a princess. Where there any other funny reboots. This first continuity retcon was in Year Two, but was it connected to Lash's retcon powers (I think they came later), Lucien's (ditto) or the Living Retcon? I think the Living Retcon happened sometime in Year Two. Also, Lash took on the name Lashwire for a time during the beginning of Year Two.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
I wonder if I should reboot myself?

Well, you've been a Daxamite, and then a Durlan, and then back to a Daxamite, right? Are there any other races that you find cool?

(I'm a fan of mini-retcons. They can be confusing sometimes, but it's fun to give yourself little tweaks from time to time... keeps things fresh [Smile] )

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
This first continuity retcon was in Year Two, but was it connected to Lash's retcon powers (I think they came later), Lucien's (ditto) or the Living Retcon?

That might be what happened. I was thinking it was "board" related, but perhaps it was more "bored" related [Wink]

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Must interject how much fun it is to "hear" all of you remininscing about the LMBP. Reminds me of holidays when I was a kid, sitting at the table, and listening to the grown ups tell family stories from way back when! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Gee... it's not every day that the LMBP gets compared to adults [Wink]

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
GAH!!!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Thanks Var, it's good to know you find it interesting! I myself am interested in hearing about the last few months of LMB continuity when you first joined! I had just wrapped up my term as leader, then I guess a whole bunch of you guys joined up!

Dev, retconning yourself is always fun. I usually assume that a true retcon means that that was the way it was the whole time, like Princess Crujectra always having been Crusader's sister! Say Princess, is your brother still around, or his on a leave of absence?

I figure part of the fun will be for each individual to figure out what their exact continuity is. Hasn't a certain Princess Crujectra had long standing relationships with Loser Lad and Iron Rat, as well as little flings (even with a certain Cobalt Kid [Wink] )

Up next, I plan to start going over Year Two and finalizing the continuity of Year One in a more structured order. Does anyone have anything else about Year One they want to mention that we've forgotten? We'll add it later if we've forgotten tidbits, but it's always good to hear more!

Whenever there were retcons, we'll say that there was a major crisis that occured. The major times I can think of were the one we've just mentioned, The Living Retcon, Lil' Lash and Seahorse adventure, the death of the Legionnaires board, the death of the next board after that, and any times that Lucien, Lash or others screwed up continuity [Smile] . We should try and figure out a coherent continuity for these conitnuity blips:) I figure the Living Retcon and Lil' Lash stories fit in nicely (maybe the Living Retcon was responsible for the Loser-snake period and it's subsequent change back), and the two deaths of the boards are the two Crisis (the first is against the Anti-Moderator where the Legionnaires board died, and a few alt Id's did like Foxy Roxy), and the second crisis is the deaths of the cool board we had after (can't remember what we called it) and the actual DC boards, which resulted in the death of Space Tart among others! What do you guys think, does this straiten it out even a little?

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Princess, you don't know what those adults to whom I was comparing you guys were like. Most are gone now but they would have fit right in at SHAKES, believe me!

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Ahhkkk! This thread just made me realize that we have to wrap up the latest LMBP Adventure "Super Jailhouse of Space" I think it's hanging in limbo right now, ever since the LW Great Darkness! [Eek!]

EDE, Lasher, what say we get it finished?

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I've got it all set up for a conclusion, I just need other folks to work on finishing it!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I've got it all set up for a conclusion, I just need other folks to work on finishing it!

I just bumped it up so it would be easier to find.

Let's get to it!

--------------------

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  26  27  28   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.