Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » Club Mid-Life Crisis - No Longer Age-Restricted (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Club Mid-Life Crisis - No Longer Age-Restricted
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
"Goldsters" ha ha ha

We may be older and slower than you youngsters but always remember "old age and dirty tricks beat youth and enthusiasm every time"
[Big Grin]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myriad
The One Woman Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myriad           Edit/Delete Post     
Golly! What's all this moisture behind my ears?

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: All Possible Locations | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
That's the best straight line I've been handed in a year, but I just can't bring myself to run with it.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myriad
The One Woman Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myriad           Edit/Delete Post     
The sad thing is, even as much as I like to consider myself the Innuendo Queen, that one flew over my head till you pointed it out, Miner.

I would like to know, however, how wetness behind one's ears came to be equated with youth and inexperience. I would imagine it connotes newbornness but why did they forget to dry behind the ears?

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: All Possible Locations | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Consarn Youngsters always making so much noise...

All that ohhing and ahhing, and moaning and groaning...

Oops, thats me in the john...

Okay which one of you whippersnappers recorded that!

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
From www.word-detective.com/back-c2.html

"Wet behind the ears," meaning inexperienced or naive, comes to us from the wonderful world of baby farm animals. It seems that the last part of a newborn horse or cow ("foal" and "calf" to the cognoscenti) to dry out after birth is the area behind the little critter's ears. Thus, to say that someone is "wet behind the ears" is a folksy way of saying that they lack the experience or savvy necessary to accomplish a task. The first published use of "wet behind the ears" in print dates only to the early 20th century, but most authorities believe that the phrase itself is much older than that and, like many folk sayings, was used in popular speech long before anyone used it in print.

This clarification brought to you by the management of Club M.L.C.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
This looks like a niice spot. FC, I'm not 45 till next May, can I get on the waiting list or somthing.

Now that chair looks nice and comfy. ahhhhhhh! Where am I again?

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Only twenty two years to go before I can join up! Looks like I'll have to have Far bring me until 2026!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
FC, I hope you're not thinking of stocking the club with rockers. Some of us aren't quite ready to pass quietly into the second half of our lives. Put in a gym, will you?
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Once again-

Too young to do anything fun...
and
Old enough to know better...
[Frown]

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
FC, I hope you're not thinking of stocking the club with rockers.

Yeah ! No Rod Stewarts or Mick Jaggers! Those guys are old!!!

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
quote:
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
FC, I hope you're not thinking of stocking the club with rockers.

Yeah ! No Rod Stewarts or Mick Jaggers! Those guys are old!!!
[LOL] See that's how old I am, I didn't even catch the double entendre. (Although Stewart and Jagger are way older than I am).
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm only 37, but I ought to qualify. All the men in my family die at 74, so I'm officially halfway done. Doesn't get much more "mid" than that.

My father is convinced he has only 6 more years to live (he'll be 68 in December). My brothers and I try to convince him otherwise, but he doesn't seem to want to hear it. He got a clean bill of health in his last doctor visit, but he said grandpa was healthy as a horse till he died at 73 & 11 months, so that's no indicator.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Rockers? Rockers are for young parents with babies. Forget the rockers, as in chairs. We're past all that. If any grandchildren want to visit, they'll just have to crawl on the floor.
I was thinking about a hammock for the front porch, however.

As for musical rockers, we have a collection which caters to all tastes, including those with nostalgia for such 60s favourites as Jagger and Stewart.

Faraway, your early-onset short term memory loss guarantees you a place!

Omni C., don't fret about dying young, for heaven's sake! Get a guest pass and go work out in our top-of-the-line gym instead.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member Wolf
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post     
Miss Cramer's here so I think it's okay for me to sneak in this post.

Thank you for clearing up my "wbte" quandry.

Is it okay if I go ahead and hang the hammock on the porch? Maybe Cobie would like to join me?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.