Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Most illogical costumes? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Most illogical costumes?
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Mucous hanging off your sleeves could be a tad impractical, if not repulsive.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I always figured Grell for a closet case because of his Cosmic Boy, Colossal Boy and Warlord costumes.

Come on--a guy with a helmet, fur jockstrap, boots and a sword? How gay is that?

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
RE: Triad's current costume. I agree that it would get in a way when she's fighting. I wish she'd go back to her old one--this one looks like maternity businesswear. I swear that big white square in front looks like a maternity panel. Why isn't she at least wearing a Legion belt? I get the impression she's being demoted to office personnel, which is NOT acceptable.

[Triplicate Girl]

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
well, about Grell costumes....I loved them! allright, call them a fashion statement! Remember in 1980s, where girls wore leg warmers as fashion statement and guys wore bright hot colors too? We all went through many changes...as for this current era, it is illogical for me to see how can young guys be wearing baggy pants HALFWAY below their waist! *rubbing eyes*

but..I don't complain. It's their fashion statement. Oh...how I miss Colossal Boy's and Cosmic Boy's legs...damn!

I suspected that Grell is bisexual but not gay. Way back in late 1980s (1988? 1989?), I went to a comic convention in VA and Wash DC, I saw Grell wearing a BIG diamond earring on his ear, that gave me a vibe thinking that he was gay or whatever. That kind of earring that no straight guy would want to wear in public, only gay guy would wear. Thus, my Gaydar beeped low.

His Warlord and his Green Arrow were so sexy...I had a fantasy on them having threesome with me. [Good]

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Blaine:
Also, Saturn Girl's pink bikini really wasn't practical.

Practical, schmactical. Who gives a flying fish? Coupled with her long pink gloves and thigh high pink disco boots, hubba hubba!!

She's a hottie! This is all I'm saying!! [Saturn Girl] [Love] [Saturn Girl]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Forgot to add, especially when she's being drawn by Jim Sherman. [Saturn Girl]

I've blasted artists in the past for forcing female superheroes to fight crime in their bathing suits, but Imra's my weakness.

"I'm Craig. And I'm living with a terrible double standard..."

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Varalent:
Not really impractical, but why was Phantom Girls outfit all white? Didn't matter what color she wore, it would disappear with her anyway.

Ummm... I'm not sure that works. Tinya becomes intangible, not invisible. [Cool]
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Poverty Lad:
While it factored into my early enjoyment of the Legion [Big Grin] , Saturn Girl's pink bikini outfit never really made sense... especially with the attempts to portray her as an ice-princess...

Ya know, I remember thinking the exact same thing back around the time Tinya was first referring to Imra as an "Ice Queen." Thinking over her depiction around that time, the term did seem to fit. But with that costume, chee, she was pretty "out there" for a personality that was supposedly so reserved.

It made perfect sence to me when she switched back to her earlier costume.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
quote:
Originally posted by Varalent:
Not really impractical, but why was Phantom Girls outfit all white? Didn't matter what color she wore, it would disappear with her anyway.

Ummm... I'm not sure that works. Tinya becomes intangible, not invisible. [Cool]
Hmm. Tinya... disappearing costume... intriguing.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
did Mike Grell ever give any interviews regarding his costume designs !!??

and why he designed some the way he did ??

Haven't seen one.

I'm hoping this'll get covered in the Legion Companion book.

"covered." Get it? [Laugh Out Loud] BWAH-HA-HA!!!
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Come on--a guy with a helmet, fur jockstrap, boots and a sword? How gay is that?

[Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud]
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
I wish [ [Triplicate Girl] would] go back to her old one--this one looks like maternity businesswear. I swear that big white square in front looks like a maternity panel.

Actually, I wish that she would go back to her Bronze Age costume with the short cape and the theigh-high go-go boots.

[Love] My favorite Legion costume of all time.

Beyonder
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beyonder   Email Beyonder         Edit/Delete Post     
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
"Saturn Girl's pink bikini really wasn't practical"?! ExCUSE me?? That costume was one of the very best in all Superherodom, okay?!

[Saturn Girl]

--------------------
Bring back Dave Cockrum's Timber Wolf!!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
YO, you dudes gots to QUIT dissin' the skintastic 70s!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
I knew the Grell partisans would launch the counteroffensive. Lash to the defense!
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.