Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Most illogical costumes? (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Most illogical costumes?
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Mucous hanging off your sleeves could be a tad impractical, if not repulsive.

YO, it's FABRIC not plegm... I don't care what Drura's creator Dave Cockrum says!! [Evil]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
The high collar on K Kid's white outfit would have interfered with his vision during battle.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Not to mention it probably used up all the starch in Legion headquarters.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Beyonder:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
"Saturn Girl's pink bikini really wasn't practical"?! ExCUSE me?? That costume was one of the very best in all Superherodom, okay?!
[Saturn Girl]

Huh?? I didn't say that ...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
I have to break the near-unanimity, as well, on Grell's outfit for Cosmic Boy.

~ It's functional in a galaxy where nearly every planet -- certainly Earth -- has some form of climate control. Fewer temperature extremes and less fabric have been the trends over centuries as this has progressed, even in our own "backward" era.

~ The whole "how is it held up" question shows a lack of imagination. Selectively taut fibers, down to the molecular level? Being attached to an invisible body mesh that provides weightless "smart" armor, reacting to incoming fists or projectiles? Being held in by a 24/7 transuit, for that matter? Those are all active possibilities.

~ Bare shoulders and pecs look good on men, especially when so many are in such good shape. For all we know, that physique comes out of a bottle at GNC, a millennium hence!

Beyond all that, the men in our family will all look great in this design. It could be the skin tone, though. We don't need a tan {g}

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
RE: Triad's current costume. I agree that it would get in a way when she's fighting. I wish she'd go back to her old one--this one looks like maternity businesswear.

Her outfit reminds me of a nurse's uniform. In terms of her train (which so far isn't outrageously long), I see it akin to the flowing fabric, tassles etc you sometimes see used in martial arts flicks -- they're used to obscure and confuse the opponent during combat. The same might be said of her colors -- it might be a component to trijitsu, which would make her outfit the most practical of all! (well, next to Wildfire's that is [Smile] )
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Three pages on this thread with 45 years of history?!?

What's clear is that the legion needs some serious work on their costumes!

Mr. Batista, are you listening?

We're talkin' ...

High collars.
Bizarre leggings.
Capes. Capes ! Capes!!
HATS!
and Fringe. Must have more fringe. Bring back dawnstar if only for the fringe!

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

quote:
Originally posted by Greybird:
~ The whole "how is it held up" question shows a lack of imagination. Selectively taut fibers, down to the molecular level? Being attached to an invisible body mesh that provides weightless "smart" armor, reacting to incoming fists or projectiles? Being held in by a 24/7 transuit, for that matter? Those are all active possibilities.

It could be liquid latex or somesuch as well...

Or maybe it's all just iron filings that "cling" to him like tiny refrigerator magnets...

Looks That Kill Lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looks That Kill Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
When Giffen did the "pocket" costumes he gave Invisible Kid II a really clunky costume covered in armour. It never made sense to me why a character with a stealth based power would have such a clumsy and probably noisey costume.
From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beyonder
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beyonder   Email Beyonder         Edit/Delete Post     
My apologies,DrakeB3003. Next time, I will try to get my facts right, before I rush off to defend the honor of the hottest superheroine's costume of all time.
How can ANYONE claim Imras Bikini-costume would be "Inpractical"?! Just think of it! Every Villain with the exeption of Glorith would have SWOONED, just after he laid eyes on Imra's Dress, and LONG, bevore Imra ever had to fight (though we all would have LOVED seeing Imra kickboxing an enemy in that costume.)
And, Omni Craig, Your'e dead on with all Your assessments of Imra's aparel. Glad to know that I'm not the only one who swoons/drools over "Bikini-Saturn Girl". [Saturn Girl]

--------------------
Bring back Dave Cockrum's Timber Wolf!!

Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
No, it was me. I do not like the costume or the character. Sorry...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beyonder
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beyonder   Email Beyonder         Edit/Delete Post     
Sigh... If You simply DON'T LIKE Imra, there's nothing to be done about it. But I will NEVER understand it. [Saturn Girl]

--------------------
Bring back Dave Cockrum's Timber Wolf!!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.