Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Solicitations for the Legion of Substitue Heroes!!! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Solicitations for the Legion of Substitue Heroes!!!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
"Great Darkness Quest Part III" by Millar, Hilton, Hitch and Byrne, that wacky combo! Calamity King reclaims Calorie Queen for his own, but what about Stone Boy's baby with her? And who is Dr. Mayaville? Plus, with half the team quitting, what are Tenzil, Lester and Evillo gonna do now? Just wait til you see that stellar last page...
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

WOW!!!!! Wait'll you see this preview for the Mega-Subs!!! The final chapter!!!

This is it folks! The finale to the Great Darkness Quest! The villian has been revealed: the Ghost of Fire Lad!!! The final battle with Fire Lad as Evillo, Lester, Stone Boy and Tenzil battle him one on one. Plus, the return of Polar Boy as a half-eaten corpse! Tenzil cleared for his crimes as they were done by Fire Lad!

Plus, in this double-sized issue, don't miss:
- the tryout of Evillo for the Mega-Subs
- Stone Boy and Calorie Queen's baby born. Will Cal return?
- who goes and stays: Super Moby Dick of Space, Night Girl, Plant Girl, who else?

- and because you demanded it: Proty meets the Mega Subs!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoneWolfLondo
Reserve

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LoneWolfLondo   Email LoneWolfLondo         Edit/Delete Post     
I heard that after this arc MegaSubs is being rebooted into "Ultimate-All-New-I swear it's Different SUBS".

With a series of solo stories, showcasing each "new" member, entitled "Assorted SUBS".

Gosh, I just can't wait to see who eats whom!

--------------------
Scrofulus!

From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Wow Londo, where do you get your info?

I sure wish someone else had the preview for the next Mega-Subs...

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Major, Major, Major NEWS!!!!!

Mark Millar and Paris Hilton are taking the Subs in a bold new Direction! The series is getting cancelled, and then restarting after the events of the last few issues! Check out the new team in The Substitutes #1

By Mark Millar and Paris Hilton, with art by Todd McFarlane! The New lineup of Matter-Eater Lad, Calamity King, Lester Spiffany, Calorie Queen, Stone Boy, Plant Girl, Night Girl, Evillo and Grinn burst into the 31st century in a bold new direction! See Tenzil assume the mantle of leadership once again now that his name is clear! See Calorie Queen decide between Stone Boy and Calamity King and the fate of her baby! See Night Girl and Plant Girl start their relationship despite awkard feelings around Grinn! See Evillo and his dreadful secret plan! See the menace of Sugyn strike! And just wait 'til you see what we have in store for Lester Spiffany and the new girl in his life...

ALL NEW! ALL DIFFERENT! The Substitutes!

[ November 21, 2003, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm excited about this new comic! I stopped reading the last series after Calamity King was killed, but since he's featured prominently in the new series, I'm going to pick it up!

I guess I'll have to go back and pick up the last storyline of the previous series as well, to find out exactly how Calamity King came back!!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The Substitutes #2 by Millar, Hilton, McFarlane.

The battle with Sugyn rages on, as Evillo is forced to earn his keep! Watch as Tenzil effectively 'solves' the Evillo problem once and for all with a dramatic ultimatum! See Night Girl, Plant Girl, Grinn and the rest in action! See Stone Boy and Calamity King's budding friendship, and the personnal growth of Calorie Queen! And see Lester Spiffany uncover the mystery of the space-monster of T'zyan t'zur with his new Debutante girlfriend! This is the Subs how you like them: new, exciting and paving the way for a new generation!

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Jeepers! It's been months since the latest issue!

I love this series, but I'm growing frustrated with the long wait between issues...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Tell me about it EDE! Millar's books and Paris's monthly flow are always so late! I'm dying for the next issue...
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The Substitutes #3!

Finally arriving, issue #3 promises to deliver in the way that only Mark Millar and Paris Hilton can! With art by Todd McFarlane, this is sure to be a sell-out, so be sure to by the limited edition gold-foil copy!

Picking up where it left off, we find Lester Spiffany and his Debutante girlfriend uncovering the mystery of T'zian t'zur! Except nothing can prepare them for the mystery villian... The Anti-Monitor! !!!. That's right, back from Crisis on Infinate Earths, the Anti-Monitor is set to battle the Substitutes!

Calamity King and Stone Boy, quickly becoming best friends race across space to join their ally! Plant Girl and Night Girl, everyone's favorite romantic pair confront Grinn on his chauvanistic attitude and lack of manners! Tenzil assumes command and forces Evillo to play it strait and help them battle the Anti-Monitor!

Plus- what is the story of Calorie Queen's baby?

Check it out in the latest issue of The Substitutes!

[ March 14, 2004, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Special Double-Sized Platinum-Plated Cover Issue of The Substitues #4!!! by Mark Millar and Paris Hilton, with special art by long-time comics legend Rob Liefield!

The One you've been begging for: "The Anti-Monitor versus the Subs!" To the winner: space and time!

See Lester, Stone Boy and Calamity King fighting side by side against entropy and shadow demons! See Plant Girl, Night Girl and Grinn journeying to the beginning of time to punch the universe in the teeth! See Tenzil and Evillo fighting the Anti-Monitor two-on-one in a dramatic fight sequence that lasts a full twelve pages!

Can comics get any better? Just wait 'til you see the ending...

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The Substitutes #5!!! by Millar, Hilton and McFarlane!

"What do you do the day after the day after the end of Time?" After a rough battle against the Anti-Monitor, the Subs take a break and reflect on the changes in their lives! Tenzil deals with eating the Anti-Monitor! Calamity King and Stone Boy watch magno-ball and drink silverale! Night Girl and Plant Girl have a hot sex scene! Plus Lester! Grinn! And Evillo finally come clean about his secret--and this one's a doozy! Spoilers! Watch as you see that Evillo's true love is ballet, and he leaves the team to join the traveling ballet company of Somatahur!

And finally, the secret of Calorie Queen's baby! Watch as we learn that her baby is none other than...the Sun-Eater!

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The Substitutes #6! by Millar, Hilton and McFarlane!

With barely any time to rest after beating the Anti-Monitor, the Subs watch in horror to learn that Calorie Queen and Stone Boy's child is really the Sun-Eater! Coming together again, the Subs fight it with every skill they know! Watch as Tenzil, Lester, Calamity King, Stone Boy, Plant Girl, Night Girl, and Grinn battle alongside Calorie Queen against the Sun-Eater, her own son!

Bonus Feature! a special story by John Byrne, detailing the meeting of former Sub Evillo and some guy named Pete that might become important for the Subs later...(and that's a hint faithful reader!)

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The Substitues #7!!! by Millar, Hilton and the long awaited return of Bryan Hitch!

Beginning 'the Omen/Prophet saga'! Part I:

"By Grinn Betrayed!"-after last issue's shocking finale of Grinn betraying the Subs and killing Calorie Queen's baby Sun-Eater, watch and see the revenge the Cal enacts on him!

Plus: introducing the newest Sub...Proty! Watch as Proty breates new life into the Subs and he and Tenzil begin solving the mystery of the Omen and the Prophet!

Plus...is Calamity King sleeping with Night Girl?

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The Substitutes #8 ! by Millar, Hilton and Hitch!

"The Omen and the Prophet Saga, Part II"!

'Porcupine Pete!'- after the cannibalistic murder of Grinn last issue by Calorie Queen, the UP sends Porcupine Pete to bring her in. Stone Boy, standing up for her, let's it be known: 'touch my baby's momma and I'll rip you're lungs out!"

Plus, with Calamity King and Night Girl's secret affair in the open, Plant Girl cuts loose!

And Tenzil and Proty watch as Lester Spiffany resigns to spend time with his new debutante girlfriend, just as the mystery of the Omen deepens! And just what is it about Proty that makes both women and men so sexually excited at the DC offices?

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.