Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » WEIRDEST Legion comic you own! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: WEIRDEST Legion comic you own!
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
I have one Adventure comic (which I can't remember which but may have been the Ghost of Ferro Lad story) that I bought used a long time ago. A few of the inside pages were so sun-bleached that the yellow ink was faded away. I remember on one page that Brainy was blue faced with white hair and Projectra looked like White Witch in a one piece pink bathing suit!

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
More weirdness, if you please.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
S/LSH # 238, after I wrote my own roll call on the splash page and gave it a grade of A++, iirc. Yes, I used to grade my comics. It was a reprint of the tres awesome OUTLAWED LEGIONNAIRES tale from the Adventure era.

Teeds has it now.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
That wasn't weird, sweetie, that was A++ 100 percent accurate!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Why hottie Vi ever dated air-head Duplicate Boy seemed pretty weird to me!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I've still got my original copy of SB&LSH 224, throughout which I drew in red magic marker wounds on all the Legionnaires. Guess I thought Pulsar Stargrave was a total badass when I was little, huh?

edited because I hate it when I repeat myself... [Roll Eyes]

[ October 31, 2004, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Pov ]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
What was the issue # that introduced Devil-Fish?
I bought a copy of that off an old spinning-rack at a small town drugstore and it had 2 covers! That was cool.
I also bought a Legion comic...um...oh yeah, the Wedding of Mordru and the pages were partially uncut. You couldn't open and read the book because the paper cutter missed. (yes, it was a tiny bit off square)I bagged it and went back to the comic shop and bought another one. [Big Grin] To this day it's never been out of the bag and it's ever been opened.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

Hello? He was never around and she was a closet lesbo.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Funiest

comeback

ever.

[LOL]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
I just want to know how Duplicate Boy maintained that excellent swirly he had circa 1983.

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
quote:

Hello? He was never around and she was a closet lesbo.
Hottie lesbian Vi...mmm...um, what are we talking about again?

Oh yeah, Duplicate Boy sucks!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, now HE"S gay too!?!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Oh yeah, Duplicate Boy sucks!

That was only a rumor.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

Ah, Quis! We both have our minds in the gutter!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

That provides even more insight! I guess nothing was weird about this at all!

Oh yeah, except that Gim had a crush on Vi for two whole decades before he went elsewhere!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.