Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » WEIRDEST Legion comic you own! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: WEIRDEST Legion comic you own!
Shadow Kid
Talokian Super-Hunk

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Kid   Email Shadow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by EmeraldEmpress:
My weird Legion issue is the Imra & Garth's wedding , I never can find the original version something like DC Collector's Special 55.
And only have a poor Spanish version, with horrible colors (Dream Girl has blue-sky hair) and a pathetic spanish names like:

Wildfire = Igneo
Dream Girl = Muchacha Visionaria
Brainiac 5 = Cerebro
Phantom Girl = Chica Fantasma
and more.....

Someday I can find the real one!

Chica Fantasma and Muchacha Visionaria? I love it! Forget traditional lad/lass names! I want hella rad Spanish names in my legion!
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
The spanish names are pretty groovy!

Shadow Kid here is a link to a discussion we've had about this in the past.

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003106#000000

[ May 23, 2005, 04:24 AM: Message edited by: Jorg-EM ]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah! From now on, refer to me as REBOTADOR!

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Shadow Kid
Talokian Super-Hunk

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Kid   Email Shadow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jorg-EM:
The spanish names are pretty groovy!

Shadow Kid here is a link to a discussion we've had about this in the past.

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003106#000000

Thanks [Smile]

With a name like Devorador, Tenz sounds like he should be slapping on a cape and taming some bulls! I'm so jealous of the spanish speaking world and their kick-ass superhero names!

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I have a Brazilian version of the first issue of the Legion/Titans crossover in Portuguese.

My very first Legion comic SLSH #213 has a detached, worn and torn cover and half of the images were traced with a pencil or pen by me.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Get weird for me, mates.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
Think this story is more lucky than weird, but the circumstances of how I got the comic were weird.

I was sorting though Superboy back-issues back at Lone Star Comics; they'd marked down a lot of the older ones to 60 cents to get them moved out of inventory. So I picked up Superboy #190 to see what was making Superboy play Pied Piper...

And I found that the LSH story inside was autographed by Dave Cockrum! [Cool]

Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
There's nothing weird about the physical properties of the comic I'm about to describe, but it's probably the only one I own as the result of a dream.

When I was 14 or 15, I dreamt that I was looking at a SUPERBOY comic book cover. He was staring into a mirror, but something was wrong. The reflection itself didn't look bad, yet there was an ominous feeling about the image. The frame of the mirror was surrouded by leaves or snakes.

Somewhat later, I was flipping through the back issue bins in a comic shop when I came across an issue of SUPERBOY that had virtually the same image: Superboy is staring into a mirror as an old and decrepit image of himself, a la Dorian Grey, stares back. Yep, the mirror even has snakes on the frame.

The issue is SUPERBOY # 184, featuring a Legion back-up story.

I was astonished when I saw the cover and noted its similarity to my dream. I've never believed in dreams, so I thought I had seen the issue on the stands before I had discovered the Legion; the image must have been so disturbing that I subconsciously remembered it.

However, SUPERBOY # 184, is dated April 1972, meaning it was published a good six or seven years before I encountered it as a back issue. That's an awful long time for it to be lingering in my subconscious.

As for the Legion story itself, it's "One Legionnaire Must Go," in which Matter-Eater Lad is framed for being a traitor. Though not one of the Legion's most memorable tales, it marks Dave Cockrum's debut as artist.

There's no moral to this story ... it's just weird!

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
want...

more...

weirdness!

Evolution Has Failed
Two more armpits than Atmos!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evolution Has Failed   Email Evolution Has Failed         Edit/Delete Post     
No discussion of Legion-item "weirdness" (admittedly, this is not a comic, but a Legion collectible nontheless) would be complete without mention of:

the Topps Triple Foldee card of Saturn Girl, Ulysses S. Grant, and Pork Chops the Pig!

One of my most prized possessions...by folding, you can mix and match their heads/torsos/legs.

A definite must-have for anyone collecting LSH items, Civil War items, U.S. President items, Pork Chops the Pig items, and especially for anyone collecting non-sequitirs!

--------------------
"I like stuff that doesn't exist."

From: Old Lyme, CT | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uranus Lad
substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uranus Lad   Email Uranus Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I had a friend who had a copy of the Legion, I think it was Fatal Five at the Smallville carnival or something. Anyway, most of the inner pages were loose. He'd obviously tried to put it back together but had gotten confused and added pages from a Spider-man comic which had something to do with Gwen Stacey and some villian maybe the jackal. I didn't think anything about it except that the story was really hard to follow until years later when I finally figured out who spider-man was.

As far as the weirdest actual issue I remember, it was one from the mid to late 70s that, I think, had a lot to do with Ultra Boy. There were these weird aliens whose faces looked like hairy green testicles. The art was really freaky, not bad but more like something you'd find in Heavy Metal. As a kid, it made me feel...funny.

--------------------
Is that a moon?

From: Portland, OR | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Can it BE any weirder?

I hope so.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Lots of fun in this thread. I can't recall any LSH-comic weirdness of my own to tell of though.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.