Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Possible DCU Ancestors of Legion Characters (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Possible DCU Ancestors of Legion Characters
Kid Metal \m/
Um, active?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Metal \m/   Email Kid Metal \m/         Edit/Delete Post     
On the enemy side, I thought that somehow Despero and Nardo could have been related. Red skin, three eyes (granted the formation is different, but I figure if Despero's crest can shift around, then maybe other body parts can do the same), deadly vision powers, etc.

--------------------
I used to get high on life, but I built up a tolerance.

From: Kansas City | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Despero. Nardo.

JEENYUS!!!! Good work, Kid!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiliconDream
I'd rather not be

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiliconDream   Email SiliconDream         Edit/Delete Post     
I was just rereading my R.E.B.E.L.S. and noticed that there's a 20th-century Hate-Face! Same look, same name. In issue #3 he's working in a chop-shop Dox visits.
From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Jeepers! That could be *the* Hate-Face. Who knows when he died?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiliconDream
I'd rather not be

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiliconDream   Email SiliconDream         Edit/Delete Post     
But..but he's kind of a jerk! There's no way this ruffian could have "the soul of an angel!" He must be a villainous ancestor, and the source of Hate-Face's secret shame!
From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Comet Boy
Pardon?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Comet Boy   Email Comet Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone think that they could possible be a Vandel Savage decendent in LSH...

...What the heck am I saying? Half the population of DCU is probably somehow related to Vandel Savage...

From: Uh....I'll say Earth. Is it Earth? | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Zinda Blake (Lady Blackhawk) is surely the ancestor and inspiration for Sinde. Similar names, blonde hair ... of course, Sinde just acts the dumb chatterbox to hide her superhero identity, which hasn't been revealed yet.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Infectious Drura
long live the lesions

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infectious Drura   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I always thought it would have been nice if Ice's people were the ancestors of the Tharrans (Tharrites? Tharrians? Tharries?), Polar Boy's people.

No one except me seems to have thought of that. It's an obvious one I always thought!

--------------------
Fire in the disco! Fire in the Taco Bell! Fire in the disco! Fire in the gates of hell!!

From: England | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
Invisible Kid => Robin (genius, super detective)
Dr. Alchemy => Element Lad (alchemy = transmutation)
Zantana => White Witch Kon-El => Ultra Boy (limited superman like powers)
Starman => Star Boy
Elongated Man => Bouncing Boy )
Superman => Mon-El (via Daxam, finally a good reason for the surname)
The Ray => Sunboy
Beast Boy or Martian Manhunter=> Cham
Phantom Lady => Phantom Girl
Wildcat => Timber Wolf/Lone Wolf
Bat Girl => Karate Kid
Atom/Doll Man => Shrinking Violet
ElastiGirl (Doom Patrol)/Atom Smasher => Colosssal Boy
Lilith => Saturn Girl
Herald (Mal) => Tyroc
Obsidion => Shadow Lass
Firestorm = Wildfire
Steel = Ferro Lad
Cyborg => Gear

....more as I think of them....

I love the idea of Elongated Man (or possibly Elastic Man) as Bouncing Boy's ancestor! It would explain so much!

'Cyborg and Gear' is a great connection, too. I love the Gear character.

I think the Starman/Starboy ancestry has already been established but maybe it's just the power that connects them.

ML ~ I think Johns has connected Dreamy to the Dreaming/Sandman. I seem to remember it somewhere else, too. I'm not sure.

Obsidian somehow having a child with Lydea Mallor would be extremely interesting. I love anything that expands the Shady mythos.

As for the elemantal Firestorm, I think that the reboot Dirk Morgana was being groomed for that connection.
Nothing came of it since DnA took over that run, but Moy(I think) had his eyes change to look like Firestorms' in one of the last issue he appeared in.
I was so excited about that development, and then, so disappointed.

ML ~ I think that Chlorophyll Kid could also be a descendent of Poison Ivy ~ I like Black Orchid, too but PI would feel right, as well.

I'll think about this idea and see if I can come up with some of my own ideas to contribute.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:

ML ~ I think Johns has connected Dreamy to the Dreaming/Sandman. I seem to remember it somewhere else, too. I'm not sure.

Yeah- that was in the LIGHTNING SAGA. Just an offhand comment in a panel or two. I would've bought a four-issue miniseries just exploring *that* connection.

Maybe we'd have found out just how and why Sanderson adopted the Sandman name, all of a sudden.

quote:

Obsidian somehow having a child with Lydea Mallor would be extremely interesting. I love anything that expands the Shady mythos.

I'd prefer it if Todd somehow or other appeared in the Shadow Cave for a Shadow Champion's ascension.

Maybe as a teacher? Or a guide through the maze of ancestors living in the Shadowlands?

Not crazy about him being an ancestor to Shadow Lass, though. Biologically, anyway.

quote:

As for the elemantal Firestorm, I think that the reboot Dirk Morgana was being groomed for that connection.
Nothing came of it since DnA took over that run, but Moy(I think) had his eyes change to look like Firestorms' in one of the last issue he appeared in.
I was so excited about that development, and then, so disappointed.

Poor reboot Dirk never got his due, did he? And now, probably never will. If that whole reality's been wiped (destroyed was the word used, I think)...

quote:

ML ~ I think that Chlorophyll Kid could also be a descendent of Poison Ivy ~ I like Black Orchid, too but PI would feel right, as well.

Ivy would make even more sense for the Johns Chlorophyll Kid- who's as crazy as prospective ancestor.
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Yeah- that was in the LIGHTNING SAGA. Just an offhand comment in a panel or two. I would've bought a four-issue miniseries just exploring *that* connection.

I think I've seen something else connecting Nura to the Dreaming, some Sandman special or other.
It could just be wishful thinking but . . .

quote:
I'd prefer it if Todd somehow or other appeared in the Shadow Cave for a Shadow Champion's ascension.

Maybe as a teacher? Or a guide through the maze of ancestors living in the Shadowlands?

A Shadowland guide would be cool.

~ I think Lydea is unlike her ancestors though, in that she has the added powers from StarGrave AND she's spent most of her short life off world.

I could definitely see her thinking about continuing the line with Obsidion.

He might come to her in her dreams or through the Shadow Cave/Land connection.
I don't know much about him, but he might feel compelled to create a child with the Shadow Champion, as she might feel compelled.

I don't know about him sticking around to raise the baby, though.

And, since Shady was originally supposed to be black, it might be 'justice' to add a black human to her lineage!
[Smile]

quote:
Poor reboot Dirk never got his due, did he? And now, probably never will. If that whole reality's been wiped (destroyed was the word used, I think)...
I hope that's not true.
There were a lot of supporting characters in the reboot that I loved.
sigh

quote:
Ivy would make even more sense for the Johns Chlorophyll Kid- who's as crazy as prospective ancestor.

Ivy's a very sexual type of character, too.
Perhaps Bruce Wayne could be the other parent?!

I'd love to see a future Black Orchid.
I seem to remember a story where she has lots of clone sisters (like plants) growing at different stages in the rainforest.
There should be one in the 31st century!

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

quote:
Originally posted by Comet Boy:
...What the heck am I saying? Half the population of DCU is probably somehow related to Vandel Savage...

Yes, unfortunately.

What a waste of grace he is!
Someone, or something, grants him a hugely long life and he just spends the whole time doing nothing important, at all!
yuck!!!

--------------------

Come, join me!

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I think I've seen something else connecting Nura to the Dreaming, some Sandman special or other.
It could just be wishful thinking but . . .

I share your wishful thinking, but if there is such an issue, I'm unaware of it. If it's out there, I'd *really* like to read it!

quote:
And, since Shady was originally supposed to be black, it might be 'justice' to add a black human to her lineage! [Smile]

Your smiley may indicate that you already know this, but Obsidion's the son of Alan Scott, the original Green Lantern and Rose (The Thorn) Forrest(?). The black's only in his costume. In addition, he's in a fairly recent, but apparently committed relationship with another man. Which doesn't rule out him siring a child with a Talokian female, certainly...

...but it wouldn't do anything to give Shooter's intentions for Shady justice.

quote:

I hope that's not true.
There were a lot of supporting characters in the reboot that I loved.
sigh

Echoed sigh.

quote:

I'd love to see a future Black Orchid.
I seem to remember a story where she has lots of clone sisters (like plants) growing at different stages in the rainforest.
There should be one in the 31st century!

Yeah, that was at the end of the Vertigo series, I think. A 31st century Black Orchid could be great-- I'd like to see what she'd be like.
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Comet Boy:

Yes, unfortunately.

What a waste of grace he is!
Someone, or something, grants him a hugely long life and he just spends the whole time doing nothing important, at all!
yuck!!!

Well he is an evil villain after all.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Yes, and not a very good one ~ mediocre really. He's sort of a pest, like a mosquito, buzzing around your head, only he, unfortunately, carries malaria, too.
[Frown]

--------------------

Come, join me!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.