Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Reasons why Legionnaires who weren't rejected should've been... (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Reasons why Legionnaires who weren't rejected should've been...
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
"While your power is interesting, Invisible Kid, one of us might accidentally bump into you in battle, making you as dangerous to us as to our enemies!"
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Tellus and Quislet-- both of whom were effectively dependent on life-support systems-- should never have been admitted. A crack in Tellus' helmet would have killed him and when Quis' ship was destroyed bythe Emerald Empress, he was never seen again.

Arguements have been made in the past that Mon-El shouldn't have been admitted due to his dependence on anti-lead serum, but I don't agree.

I like to think the rules were modified sometime in the early Baxter era, allowing Quis and Tellus to join (as well as Polar Boy, who pretty much bypassed the entire try-out and said he was now a member).

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
"Your power to consume all types of matter is - impressive. However, we feel that it would not be very useful."

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

"We're sorry, Timber Wolf, but "super-acrobatics" just isn't that useful on a team where everyone has flight rings."
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
"So when you split into three, do each of you have a different super-power or the same one? Splitting into three is the super-power. Okay then here is one.. er... three of our flight belts as a consolation prize."

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
The ability to blind everyone of us during a crucial encounter seems, uh, counter-productive, miss, er, Shadow Lass. Good luck and don't let the space-door hit you in the space-caboose on the way out.

I'm sorry Sun Boy, we try to avoid property damage and injuring civilians during our superheroing, and the ability to fling fire around seems to lack any sort of safe or beneficial applications. But here's a year's supply of Banyo-a-Roni, the Sorcerer's World treat!

Super-Karate? You've got to be kidding, right? Can you do super-cooking, or super-cleaning? We're looking for a new maid...

Ferro Lad, you can, um, turn to iron, and your 'kinda tough?' Excellent. As an interesting coincidence, I'm called the Boy of Steel, which is actually a misnomer, since I'm about a billion times more invulnerable that steel (or, yanno, iron, steel's wimpy cousin), and I can fly at the speed of light, and I can knock the moon out of orbit, and I can blow out a hurricane with my breath and blast starfreigters out of the sky with my laser beam eyes. So, in case you're not getting me, you're pathetic. Get lost. Come back when you can turn into something useful, like a fire hydrant, 'cause Krypto's giving me that look again...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
"We're sorry, Mr. Dox, but after careful analysis of your personality profile, we've determined that you're actually a super-villain."

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
"We're sorry, Salu, but when you shrink, one of us might step on you."

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
"Blok, we're so sorry. We already have several members who are super-strong and invulnerable and none of them require three flight rings."

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
"We're sorry, Chemical King. It will be decades before we'll have writers that will know what to do with you. Since you're already predestined to be dead meat, we don't want your death on our consciences. We're fresh out of flight belt consolation prizes, so here's a nice canned ham."
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
"Sorry, superboy/supergirl, but since you've both been dead for roughly 950 years, neither of you are eligible for membership. We just wanted to meet you and sign autographs, which we will sell to fund our little club."
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

"We're sorry, Miss Cullen, but, while your ability to do basically anything that pops into the head of the writers while reading 20th century popular physics books is certainly impressive, we've long since superceded the primitive science of that era..."
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
The ability to blind everyone of us during a crucial encounter seems, uh, counter-productive, miss, er, Shadow Lass. Good luck and don't let the space-door hit you in the space-caboose on the way out.

I'm sorry Sun Boy, we try to avoid property damage and injuring civilians during our superheroing, and the ability to fling fire around seems to lack any sort of safe or beneficial applications. But here's a year's supply of Banyo-a-Roni, the Sorcerer's World treat!

Super-Karate? You've got to be kidding, right? Can you do super-cooking, or super-cleaning? We're looking for a new maid...

Ferro Lad, you can, um, turn to iron, and your 'kinda tough?' Excellent. As an interesting coincidence, I'm called the Boy of Steel, which is actually a misnomer, since I'm about a billion times more invulnerable that steel (or, yanno, iron, steel's wimpy cousin), and I can fly at the speed of light, and I can knock the moon out of orbit, and I can blow out a hurricane with my breath and blast starfreigters out of the sky with my laser beam eyes. So, in case you're not getting me, you're pathetic. Get lost. Come back when you can turn into something useful, like a fire hydrant, 'cause Krypto's giving me that look again...

[ROTFLMAO]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
"Sorry, superboy/supergirl, but since you've both been dead for roughly 950 years, neither of you are eligible for membership. We just wanted to meet you and sign autographs, which we will sell to fund our little club."

Also, chronologically, you are over the age limit.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
"We're sorry, Salu, but when you shrink, one of us might step on you."

And Mr. Allon, we are afraid that you'll step on one of us.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.