Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Personalities of Legionnaires (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Personalities of Legionnaires
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Dawnstar's mother used to hire her out for space tracking jobs when she was just a child. Pretty tough on her. Her parents also seemed to want her to follow Starhaven's traditions, yet they knew she was part of a bigger universe. They love her, yet I got the impression that they expected a high level of independence from her, at a very young age. She stepped up to that, but ultimately, it made her come across as arrogant. She did seem to miss out on the joys and freedom of childhood.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Tenzil doesn't have very good role models for parents. His father has a gambling addiction and a generally negative outlook on life. His mother considers herself too "nervous" to do anything but hang around home. Tenzil doesn't care to be around them too much, but like many comedians, his family is a goldmine for material. Because Tenz doesn't visit the folks much, his little brother Renkil seems to be paying the price for that.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Family would likely have everything to do with making people the way they are, Sketchy... I'm a believer in family ties (and STILL furious about the loss of the Nura/Mysa dynamic). I'd love to read your Legionnaires' families bios!

EDIT: You've already done some! And they rock! More, please!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

ELEMENT LAD

This sole survivor of the decimation of Trom can thank his spiritual upbringing for saving him from a case of survivor's guilt that would destroy anyone else. Incredibly sweet by nature, Jan does his best to please his friends and often finds himself voted into leadership or deputy leadership positions because of this. A bond formed with Saturn Girl early on continues today, and Jan frequently shares his innermost thoughts with Imra, as she does with him. His sweetness is sometimes mistakenly perceived as weakness by enemies, a mistake they soon regret. Adept with his tranmutation ability, Element Lad's addition to the LSH elevated them astronomically powers-wise. With age, Jan's spirituality evolved into a general "live and let live" easygoing-ness that tends to make others happy. His "surfer-boy" looks have made him a favorite of teenaged girls and more sensitive sentients UP-wide.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks Lash! This is great fun.

Preboot and postboot Imra have similar parent dynamics, but in postboot, there's a precocious little sister living in the shadow. It's generally understood that Imra was taken from her loving parents by the Titan Institute (I might have gotten that name wrong) because of her stronger-than-ever recorded abilities. This would have altered her outlook drastically. It's actually very Brainiac-ish.

Threeboot Imra has the powerful mother dynamic going. We're just now getting to know her.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Jan was very close to his parents and I'm sure it took nearly constant prayer and meditation to get through that grief. They must have taught him that.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
ELEMENT LAD

This sole survivor of the decimation of Trom can thank his spiritual upbringing for saving him from a case of survivor's guilt that would destroy anyone else. Incredibly sweet by nature, Jan does his best to please his friends and often finds himself voted into leadership or deputy leadership positions because of this. A bond formed with Saturn Girl early on continues today, and Jan frequently shares his innermost thoughts with Imra, as she does with him. His sweetness is sometimes mistakenly perceived as weakness by enemies, a mistake they soon regret. Adept with his tranmutation ability, Element Lad's addition to the LSH elevated them astronomically powers-wise. With age, Jan's spirituality evolved into a general "live and let live" easygoing-ness that tends to make others happy. His "surfer-boy" looks have made him a favorite of teenaged girls and more sensitive sentients UP-wide.

I would also add that Jan does have an ambitious streak and can be frustrated. It is not usually seen, but can pop out. For example, running for leader after being deputy for so many times. He also became frustrated with being Dream Girl's deputy and quit in a huff.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

LIGHT LASS

Because she was twin sister of founder Lightning Lad, Ayla found herself with LSH "status" instantly. Growing up with 2 brothers made her used to fighting, and when the Taltarian Matriarch Thora temporarily seized control of the female Legionnaires, Ayla was the first to use her powers in anger on her male teammates. Joining the LSH was her first real chance to be around females her own age as Winath-born twins tend to 'hang out' primarily with their own twin. Ayla bcame quick friends with Violet and Triad. Upon his revival, Garth of course added Ayla to the ranks of Legionnaires that he was fiercely overprotective of. Though Ayla publicly acted mortified by this, she maintains a close relationship with her twin.

--------------------

Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! You guys are great, I wish I could express how helpful these entries are for me. I should send care packages to you folks.

Assumming (hoping) people are not tired of this thread concept, how would you feel about a yin to the yang? I would love to do super-villains as well. I know this is a lot ask but I am "hoping" posters are enjoying the discussion and getting something out of this as well.

--------------------
I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
I'm enjoying this thread, and I'd say that it could be helpful to include notes about the Legionnaire's families and homewrolds.

For example, Nura. Naltor is a matriarchal society, so that would certainly influence Nura's perspective on men. We don't know anything about her father. Also, her mother was the High Seer, so Nura was raised almost like royalty. She felt very protective of her "handicapped" little sister. Later, Nura became an orphan. I think all of those factors would contribute to her ways.

Yes Sketch Lad, that would be totally awesome. Getting background/hobbies/family/friend/relations and even those the Legionnaires tend to dislike would be huge boons to the thread. Please continue!

--------------------
I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom Girl:
I would love to do super-villains as well. I know this is a lot ask but I am "hoping" posters are enjoying the discussion and getting something out of this as well.

I'm pretty sure that most of us love few things more than a chance to natter on about all things Legion, so I, for one, consider this no hardship at all! [Smile]

The villains can be tricky, because their characterizations change so much more. The Empress is usually pretty consistent, being all imperious and a bit one-note, but Mekt's personality goes all over the place (as does Mordru's), and other villains, like Mano, barely seem to have a personality at all.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
UNIVERSO

Universo wants power and control. His power/method is to use hypnotism to gain control and power over others. He has a minor motivation of revenge in that he wants revenge for being kicked out of the Green Lantern Corp. This revenge would be the side product of achieving his main goal of total control. He has been betrayed by his son, Rond Vidar, several times. However, he does not seem to be bothered by that nor feel any personal animosity towards Rond. Universo feels superior to pretty much everybody. While he may see a few as being his intellectual equal, he would not admit it.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

DR. REGULUS

The prime motive of Dr. Zaxton Regulus is revenge. He blamed Dirk Morgna for a ruined experiment and locks him in a radiation chamber. The fact tha Dirk became Sun Boy and joined the Legion is the reason Dr. Regulus has clashed with the Legion. He has fixated on Sun Boy to the point of duplicating his power. However, if it had not been Sun Boy, someone else would have become the "cause" of Dr. Regulus' failures and the focus of his enmity.

Dr. Regulus is very intelligent and tries to project a sense of superiority. But it is easy to see that he has low self-esteem. He believes others are laughing at him and may actually be better than him. He sees only his failures and none of his sucesses.

[ September 05, 2008, 07:17 AM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

One of my favorite Legion stories was the "Plunder Ploy of the Fatal Five."

Tharok was shown to be creating a new robot half, which had a more human appearance. Obviously, he was emotionally traumatized by half of his body being replaced by pretty ugly robot parts.

This was the story where Validus was shown to be just a big child, not a total monster. Ironically, Lightning Lad was one of the Legionnaires charged with entertaining him.

The Persuader enjoyed sports fishing.

Mano just wanted to be able to go around in an environment like his home, without his bubble helmet on. I'm sure he'd never admit it, but I bet he has remorse for destroying that homeworld.

The Empress comes across as simply decadent. She wants to be waited on and pampered. She likes handsome men, namely Superboy. Later, in the Giffen years, she is shown to be interested in immortality.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Quick notes....

Dirk. He was was shown to have a sculpture collection. Also, he's known as one of the Legion's best spacecraft pilots - that's what lead to his space fatigue. Wasn't he one of the Dungeons & Dragons hologram game players, too?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.