Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Annotated "Legion of 3 Worlds" (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Annotated "Legion of 3 Worlds"
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I wondered about that. Maybe they have immigrants from other planets who want to live in a matriarchal society - or maybe they always had mixed skin colours and it was just never represented. Green always makes me think of Coluans (although we've seen other green-sskinned races) and I wonder if there are Coluan malcontents who leave the planet to settle elsewhere.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I like that idea. Maybe their color differs as other races are brought in to Taltar, almost for breeding purposes. That could be a pretty groovy story!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Green always makes me think of Coluans (although we've seen other green-sskinned races) and I wonder if there are Coluan malcontents who leave the planet to settle elsewhere.

I wonder if Lady Memory has any Coluan blood in her.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Hello Michael - I went to your site -

http://adventure247.blogspot.com/

and did the search engine into trying to find the answers on Jeph Loeb/Chris Pachecho on absolute power from Superman/Batman 14 to 18 and I could not find it in your site. Is there a site where I can find out who and which legion members actually appeared in those issues?

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
See for yourself -

SB #14. SB #15. SB #17. And, SB #18.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
thanks!!! youre a life saver! [Hug]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
absolute power from Superman/Batman 14 to 18
Any thoughts on where this story arc fits in the DCU. The 'adult' Legion seemed to harken back to the very early Superman adult Legion walk on issues. Is this one of the 52 Earths or what?
From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
Annotations for issue 2 are up.

This was a lot easier than issue 1.

[ October 16, 2008, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: Klordny ]

Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
What's the reference for Taltar recruiting Spider Girl?

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
The 2995 Sourcebook says "Gained ability of rapid-growth prehensile hair through mutagenic experiments of Double-X Liberators on Taltar. Applied for Legion membership, was rejected for lack of control. Recruited into Legion of Super-Villains by Laevar Bolto."

It's not 100% canonical, but it's the next best thing, just like the "Who's Who in the LSH". Both books introduced information that had not appeared in the comics but were later referenced.

jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry, I don't buy it. not when we saw her being recruited by Tarik the mute's school, which didn't include Cosmic King.

If it didn't happen in the book, I don't buy it.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

I certainly can't disagree. However, there are names and places referred to in many entries that did end up in the comics after first appearing in the Who's Who or the Sourcebook.

Personally, I place the Who's Who at one level below canon, and the Sourcebook at two levels below. At least the Who's Who was published by DC, though the Sourcebook was co-written by the Bierbaums while they were working on the comic series.

Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Plus there's been so much stuff from the Sourcebook that was later used in the comic books, like a lot of the Five Year Gap details. DC certainly seems to be treating it as canon.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
Plus there's been so much stuff from the Sourcebook that was later used in the comic books, like a lot of the Five Year Gap details. DC certainly seems to be treating it as canon.

I remember Michael Eury (editor at the time) saying the Sourcebook was 100% canon to DC at that time. I even bought it for that reason. But I might be mistaken...
From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
Except that there seems to be a lot that actually happened IN the book that the current writer isn't considering as canon.

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.