Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » My beef with Timber Wolf (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: My beef with Timber Wolf
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
My favorite characterization of Brin was during DnAs run, when he's , altwith his pack and protecting Tinya/Cub.
I also liked his 'angst' during the TMK era.

I never think of him as a doofus, either although he's sometimes been portrayed as clueless.

That's more Jo 'the Jocks' stick ~ either real or pretend.

Cham's changed a lot over the years, powerwise, really.
And it's usually
[Confused] .

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
To me, Giselle seemed to be a total knock-off of Timber Wolf's abilities, and probably his soon-to-be replacement in issue #52 or #53. (Not holding breath to ever see that, however...)

As far as duplication of powers in the Legion, there are quite a few, but how large of a Legion could you possible have if everyone's had to be totally distinct from all others? The numerous Kryptonian/Daxamite heroes always bothered me a little (except in the large group battles) because they can easily dominate the remaining members, but otherwise I think a small overlap lends itself to some interesting scenarios (how heroes with similar strengths react in different ways to a situation - Superboy vs Wildfire was classic) and team cohesion.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
(snip)

Candle:
quote:
...Cham's changed a lot over the years, powerwise, really.
And it's usually [Confused]

They just do it to annoy me. [scowl]

And as long as I'm facilitating the descent into free-form griping, I also hate it when she-Durlans are depicted as having hair.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ibn al-Nezumi
Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ibn al-Nezumi   Author's Homepage   Email Ibn al-Nezumi         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Quislet:
To me, Giselle seemed to be a total knock-off of Timber Wolf's abilities, and probably his soon-to-be replacement in issue #52 or #53. (Not holding breath to ever see that, however...)

As far as duplication of powers in the Legion, there are quite a few, but how large of a Legion could you possible have if everyone's had to be totally distinct from all others? The numerous Kryptonian/Daxamite heroes always bothered me a little (except in the large group battles) because they can easily dominate the remaining members, but otherwise I think a small overlap lends itself to some interesting scenarios (how heroes with similar strengths react in different ways to a situation - Superboy vs Wildfire was classic) and team cohesion.

Point taken. But just keep this thread on topic, its my 'beef' that Timber Wolf brings nothing different to the Legion powerwise. I know someone here said to the effect that Brin had 'super-acrobatics,' which sounds cheesy even for me who loves all things Silver Age. With the case of Gazelle, her specific power was conscious metabolic control, meaning she can heighten her physicality and lower it to a death-like state. So she's reasonably distinct powerwise. Just needs a new codename.

--------------------
How many times do I have to die?!?

From: Indojapan, Earth | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.