Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Dean's Sketchpad -Infectious Lass vs Raven,Tyroc added 11/8 (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: Dean's Sketchpad -Infectious Lass vs Raven,Tyroc added 11/8
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey,
I used to post a lot of drawings at LegionPics and LSH-Pics, and since all the changes at yahoogroups, I've been sorta putting some art in various places here at LegionWorld. I figured I'd go ahead and make a thread for them! I'm always inspired by discussions about the Legion, so it's great that we're able to post images here.

I'd love to hear what anyone has to say about my drawings. My main disclaimer is that most of what will be posted will be fairly rough. I might not finish hands and I might not get all the anatomy right. Sometimes, by popular demand, I'll ink a drawing I've done. This is when I fix stuff in it. I like to color these pictures in Photoshop, too. Some sketches may be in color, some just in black and white.

I'm usually pretty good about granting requests. I like to do character depictions, but scenarios are fun, too, and simple stories that can be done quickly would be cool too. So let me know if there's something you'd like to see a sketch of!

I'll start with a very rough sketch of a group of Legionnaires. It's not the whole team. I started inking this one (Coz and Imra's faces) but seemed to have forgotten about it.
 -

[ November 08, 2010, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Yeah, the scan was pretty tough on that...

Moving on...

I recall someone asking for a sketch of Sade. This reminded me of a set of sketches I did of the Women of TMK. In the first one, we see Sussa, Sade, Circe and Bounty.
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Here's Bounty and Celeste...
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Even if they're rough, they're great. I liked the team in action sketch, Imra had a lot more hair and more wild - Lyle looked very mischevious - and it's nice to see Cham in fighting action without being elongated.

I do miss the TMK women, so it was great to see them again. The Bounty-Celeste sketch made me think what a great team this would have been - such different personalities - girl detectives in the 31st century - both with a secret past. If we could just get rid of the evil Bounty entity, it woud be a great series. Bounty looks like she could take on just about anybody, and have fun doing it.

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks, FC! I can't remember when I did that group shot. I really should date even my sketches. If Imra didn't keep her hair tied up, I'm sure it'd be all over the place!

I really enjoyed Celeste and Bounty together. I do wish Bounty was her own character, and not the horror story she ended up being.

I'd like to do a nicer sketch of Sade, now.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Dean, I just love that mischevious look on Bounty's face. Like at any second she's going to pinch Celeste's bottom. [Big Grin]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by deanlegion:

I'm usually pretty good about granting requests. I like to do character depictions, but scenarios are fun, too, and simple stories that can be done quickly would be cool too. So let me know if there's something you'd like to see a sketch of!

If you're taking requests, could I get a Calamity King?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Have you ever done fashion illustration Dean? I've noticed in the past (and the Celeste sketch above) that your style in depicting women seems very similar to fashion drawings.

[ September 07, 2003, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Hey, I've never drawn Calamity King. That could be fun...

I do sort of apply a "fashion illustration" style to my drawings. I find it fun for these "decorative" images, but not as practical for storytelling. I have a more cartoony style also, which also gets that fashion-y look to it, too. I'm inspired by pop stars from MTV and VH1, so I'm sure a lot of what goes into my head there comes out on the paper.

Thanks for the responses and ideas!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

New stuff!!!!

Here's Night Girl...  -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Brainy...
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Dreamer with a new accessory!

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow Dean, these are great! I love your depiction of Lydda! Keep 'em coming!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks, Craig! More soon....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

By request....

CALAMITY KING!

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.