Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Sketches from Archive Edition #1 (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Sketches from Archive Edition #1
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Good Lord!

I wanna lick that "I'm better than you" smug expression off Lester's face! Hot stuff!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
How much for one of those labor androids?

lil'rhino

Hee! Well, the Inventor Androids are worth millions, that's the only comparison I can go by. [Smile]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
You have such an amazing talent for catching the essence of the minor characters, Dean! Your Lester is fantastic!

You are very generous to give me that particular compliment. I really appreciate it.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
...and Marla really has that "old super-hero" mentor look that someone (I believe it's Reep) always says should have been his back story.

Yeah, why should Jo Nah be the first person to ever be swallowed by an Energy Beast? Maybe it happened to Marla, a long time ago!

It's funny how doing a drawing of a character like Marla makes me more interested in them overall. Now I want to go back and look up how much has been done with him. Who is he really, etc. Hey, maybe I'll even start a topic about him.....

(Thanks, EDE!) [Cosmic Boy]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Good Lord!

I wanna lick that "I'm better than you" smug expression off Lester's face! Hot stuff!!!

I've got another one, still to scan. It's very similar, but he looks even smugger. (Is that a word?)

Thanks, Lash! [Saturn Girl]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I can't wait for you to get to Archive #2! I want to see your rendition of the Legion of Super-Monsters!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh no you don't, Lash. Get your internet hands off my man.

Dean, thank you for the fab picture of my sweet baby Lester. It shows his rotten personality rawther well. (The finish of his ship in the background is nice too.) Please post your other drawing - more is Lester.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Teeds! Just want to let you know that whenever you post on the Mission Monitor Board section of Legion World, I will come to your house and do yard work or shovel snow (depending on where you live)! The same deal went for Pov and Lash, and they've already cashed in!

Welcome back, we missed you!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Great work, Dean. You managed to cature the feel of those old comics without looking dated.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks for these replies! This has been a really fun project for me. When you take the time to look, there are some VERY interesting characters in those early Legion stories. Lester cracks me up! Yeah, more to come still...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
Oh no you don't, Lash. Get your internet hands off my man.

Tish-Posh!

There's more than enough of that beautiful smug bastard and his equally beautiful credits for BOTH of us!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Italian Boy
Guido

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Italian Boy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
hey dean,

more please!

--------------------
You have any Italian in you? You want some?

From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, more!!

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

More are coming! I just need to open the book and get proper issue #s and names. I mean, I don't want a lot of vague drawings posted here!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Okay, I'm up to Adventure Comics #301, "The Secret Origin of Bouncing Boy." I already posted my sketch of Lester, so I got a tad out of order there (guess I was excited to share that with all you Spiffany fans....).

When we got a look at the monitor screens, we met a Giant on the planet Grykk and a Lead Monster on the planet Ferno...
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.