Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Sketches from Archive Edition #1 (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Sketches from Archive Edition #1
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Damn Dean! You are getting mighty good with that pen! I'm really disappointed that you didn't try out for CBR Comicbook Idol when they had it. I think you would have stood a decent chance.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for all the nice comments everbody! Since this is really all I do with my artwork right now, it's nice that it's so well received.

Hey Scott, I never heard of the contest you mentioned. Sounds like it was fun! If you ever see anything like that, feel free to forward a link to me. Can't hurt to look into such things.

I'm feeling all groovy right now! [Smile]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
I AM BESIDE MYSELF LIKE A CARGGITE. How did I miss the second picture of my future husband, Lester? Ooh, pout you li'l prince!

I like the color/finish of the Flame Beast.

"Lovey Dovey" cracks me up! (So what was her story?)

And am I the only one who thinks of Seahorse while viewing the Antenna Boy sketch?

Dean, I'm so glad you shared these. Thanks!

Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
I AM BESIDE MYSELF LIKE A CARGGITE. How did I miss the second picture of my future husband, Lester? Ooh, pout you li'l prince!

I like the color/finish of the Flame Beast.

"Lovey Dovey" cracks me up! (So what was her story?)

And am I the only one who thinks of Seahorse while viewing the Antenna Boy sketch?

Dean, I'm so glad you shared these. Thanks!

Glad you like the second Lester sketch. It's not that different from the first, just a little bit.

Lovey Dovey is actually Chameleon Boy in disguise. I'll have to look at the story again, but he and Cos had to act like honeymoon tourists for some reason. He told Cos if he tries to get lovey dovey, he'll sock him!

Glad you liked the Flame Beast. I wanted it to have a Komodo Dragon feel. I did several other sketches that didn't work as well. I'd still like to work on a drawing that nails what I'm after.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by deanlegion: Glad you like the second Lester sketch. It's not that different from the first, just a little bit.

But ooh, that moue.
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
I wanted to bump this thread for a few reasons...

1. I love Dean's work here and it deserves to be seen again.

2. I've been waiting for the Fall Custom Con to debut my Lester action figure that was inspired by Dean's drawing on the second page here.

3. Thanks for the inspiration Dean.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Hey, thank YOU! I really want to organize these drawings into a sort of online encylopedia, but I really have no idea when I'd ever get around to it...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Dare I ask when we might get sketches from Archive #3?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Heh! I actually did several and have them sitting in a drawer somewhere! If I may say so... I did some pretty cute drawings of some pretty Lallor Ladies!

I'll have to scan and post sometime, but I have a few other things taking up my time right now...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Take your time. I know it will be worth it, Dean!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by deanlegion:
In Adv. 282, Zynthia was introduced as Star Boy's girlfriend. I guess Thom's really into blondes (Zynthia, then Nura, and later, his wife...forgot her name). The Parakat was an interesting creature from Xanthu's southern Jungle Mountains. The Parakat can mimic human speech!  -

Bump for Cobalt Kid!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome! Thanks, Dean!

Great pic! I love that cute lil' outfit [Big Grin]

Cool parakat too!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Bumped because I often find myself referring to this thread! Currently, there is a discussion about Marvel Lad on the SLSH board.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The Super Woman on page two is really 'knock-your-socks-off' beautiful! I really love that pic Dean. I never really cared for the costume until you drew it.

- [/QB][/QUOTE]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks a lot, Cobes! I wish I was patient enough to do nice inks and colors. Alas, I'm appropriately named *Sketch* Lad!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.