Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » MISSING A MUSE: The Gallery For The Rest Of Us! (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: MISSING A MUSE: The Gallery For The Rest Of Us!
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

[ June 10, 2005, 02:32 AM: Message edited by: Fat Cramer ]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Another Nura fan?
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Isn't everybody?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Gosh, maybe it's time for me to try and draw someone besides Cosmic Boy? I don't know if I can...
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insouciant Lad
slightly seared

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insouciant Lad   Email Insouciant Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Let's just say there was no way in hell I was gonna post this in the Projectra gallery. I was just looking for a home for my talentless art, which is convenient because I also wanted to test if I was able to post a picture. Does anyone know how to make this thumbnail size?

Click for fullsize image

[ July 11, 2005, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: Insouciant Lad ]

--------------------
Ooh that Lemnos! He makes me so angry, so, so, what was I saying? Oh well, must not have been very important.

From: College Park, MD | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Not bad.

And to make something a thumbnail, just use [THUMB] as opening and closing tags, instead of [IMG].

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insouciant Lad
slightly seared

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insouciant Lad   Email Insouciant Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks a bunch for the tip and complement. No, it is indeed quite cheesey, but its the first time in probably 20 years that I've attempted to draw something equivalent, so there ya go. Next time, I'll actually take a little bit more time to get it better

--------------------
Ooh that Lemnos! He makes me so angry, so, so, what was I saying? Oh well, must not have been very important.

From: College Park, MD | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Is the red X in the white box a close-up of a celebrated portion of Projectra's disco duds?
Insouciant Lad
slightly seared

I guess my yahoo account is not a reliable file storage location for images? I've seen the thumbnail both work and not work on different occasions and I'm not sure why.

--------------------

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Yahoo will not allow you to hotlink to images stored on their servers. You can probably see them if you are either: 1) still logged in to yahoo at the time, or 2) have that image still in your temporary internet files.

There are several popular image hosting sites out there, such as photobucket and image shack. I personally haven't used them, but I know many people do.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insouciant Lad
slightly seared

Thanks Spellbinder, I will have to give one of them a shot. So everyone here at LW will have to live without my little drawings until then. However will you cope? (A: Quite well)

--------------------

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

The correct answer is yes, and that's just the inset in the main piece: Tasmia Mallor in a Denim Bean Bag
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Testing to see if this will work...

[img]"C:\Documents and Settings\ml0122\My Documents\My Pictures\Tinya.bmp"[/img]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Shoot. Anyone know how to convert a bmp to a jpg?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Lash, if you're operating on Windows, the program MSPaint works with Bitmaps (bmp). If you open it in there and do a Save As, one of the options under type should be a .jpg.

A word of caution: jpgs in MSPaint tend to get a little pixelated. You might want to save it as a .png instead for visual quality.

You'll also want to upload the image to an online hosting site, like photobucket.com. I think that was the main problem with the last image you tried to post. If it was hosted online at a URL, I think even a bmp file could work. jpg and png definitely do.

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.