Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » 'Legion' Original Artwork !! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 'Legion' Original Artwork !!
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Just picked up another Feister original. The preliminary drawing, inked, of the Dream Crime cover that featured Dreamer. But I think this one shows Tinya instead. It'll go with the prelim I have of the Imra one.

As soon as I get the piece I'll post a pic of it and the Imra one I recently won. Then I need to find a way to scan the original page art I bought that features Legion World.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
My latest purchases are a page from Legionnaires Annual #1, the Authurian Elseworlds story. Having not read the issue I'm sure the page I bought spotlights Mekt and not Garth but it does show Cos getting the snot beat out of him so it was worth it. [Big Grin]

The other is a color guide to Karate Kid #12, the end splash page showing a Silver Age Legion team of Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, Chameleon Boy, Sun Boy and Colossal Boy. And Val has Superboy in a headlock.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JR Loflin
Stay Ace!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JR Loflin   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
YAY, ME!!! Today was my birthday (still is for another ten minutes or so) and my brother bought me a page of Coipel Legion art! Yessir, I am the proud owner of Legion #7, Page 12, featuring the lovely Salu Digby in outrageous over-sized action and looking as adorable as ever!!! Okay, it's not really a surprise since he gave me the money and I picked it out myself, but I finally get to hold it in my own hands, and I'm pleased as punch to do so! [Smile]

--------------------
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

From: Outpost Gallifrey | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Congrats on the acquisition Pex. It can be addictive, collecting original work. But they are great to have.

And Happy Birthday!

JR Loflin
Stay Ace!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JR Loflin   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, LL [Smile]

My next goal is a Jeff Moy Legion piece...but I believe he's sold out of Legion pages at his official website. Maybe if he starts taking commissions again soon, I might try to get one. It's not the same as an actual comics page, but it's still pretty cool! [Wink]

--------------------
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

From: Outpost Gallifrey | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

My next one will be a Chip Wallace original. I've commissioned a Lightning Lad piece from him.
Lightning Lad
Founder

For those with deeper pockets than mine, here is an original Legion piece by Dave Cockrum currently up for bid on eBay.
Lightning Lad
Founder

And for those with bankrolls bordering on the size of Bill Gates', here is an original page by Curt Swan from Superboy #117 featuring Invisible Kid, Element Lad, Ultra Boy and Superboy.
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pex the Unalive:
YAY, ME!!! Today was my birthday (still is for another ten minutes or so) and my brother bought me a page of Coipel Legion art! Yessir, I am the proud owner of Legion #7, Page 12, featuring the lovely Salu Digby in outrageous over-sized action and looking as adorable as ever!!! Okay, it's not really a surprise since he gave me the money and I picked it out myself, but I finally get to hold it in my own hands, and I'm pleased as punch to do so! [Smile]

Happy Birthday !!! and congrats on getting the COIPEL artwork !!!

i'd like to buy somemore [ but can't afford it at the moment .... ]

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macrab2
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for macrab2   Email macrab2         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
And for those with bankrolls bordering on the size of Bill Gates', here is an original page by Curt Swan from Superboy #117 featuring Invisible Kid, Element Lad, Ultra Boy and Superboy.

I was offered all three of these Superboy pages as part of a potential trade deal. I just have one problem w/ them...the characters on these pages are not real legionnaires. They're members of an alternate Legion from another dimension !! For the price, I expect the real deal (I think I really have some fanboy issues [Smile] ). Artwise, though, these are BEAUTIFUL twice-up Swan/Klein pages.

Mike

From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[bump]

This was the fourth topic on the former Trophy Room forum.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Autochef
Please Sandwich Artist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autochef   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Most of my LSH original art is pages featuring Kent Shakespeare. I used to own a Stuart Immonen page from the v.4 era, when Kono trips Devlin O'Ryan in a Talus HQ hallway, but I sold it to a friend.

(That same friend has a Giffen page from the Subs Special that has a giant Computo saying "ENTER!" He framed it and put it on the door to his office.)

I also have a Colleen Doran page from the final issue of Valor where he's trying to remember his origin ("Trapped until a battle between Lobo and Darkseid--" "--No, it was the S.C.P.A.--" ... "Isle of Avalon--" "--Frozen in an iceberg--" "--Cursed to sleep on my sixteenth birthday until--"). It's a great commentary on retcons.

--------------------
"NO, NO, NO, computer. NO CHEESE. I said, "PLEASE" ... please."

From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Matt,
Here's a page currently on sale at The Artist's Choice !
 -

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's a page I just got in the mail!
 -

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
Here's a page I just got in the mail!
 -

lil'rhino

Aarrgh!! That was supposed to be my page! I'd been talking to Tony about buying it when he suddenly told me all their pages were sent to The Artist's Choice. So the instant I got his message I sent an e-mail to Spencer requesting the page but it was already gone.

But at least it went to someone I know has a love for the Legion. And a friend. That helps. Now if Chris will only release those pages from Legion #20, especially page 17 with Garth and Imra in the hydroponic area.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.