Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » 'Legion' Original Artwork !! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 'Legion' Original Artwork !!
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Pages 13 and 14 of Superman #8 by Byrne and Karl Kesel featuring the Legion (retelling the original meeting with Superboy that "never" happened). Its a Heritage auction so it may start at a $1.00 but this is more like a true auction and is expected to fetch at least $300.00.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Pages 13 and 14 of Superman #8 by Byrne and Karl Kesel featuring the Legion (retelling the original meeting with Superboy that "never" happened).

Byrne is an undeniably great artist and everything... but bidding on those pages would feel like bidding on the car that ran over my dog.
Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baycent54
new

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baycent54   Author's Homepage   Email baycent54         Edit/Delete Post     
Looking through my various pages, I came across these two: Legion of Super-Heroes #263, pages #12 & 13, featuring Dawnstar (big surprise there, right?)
Always looking for more featuring her, Shadow Lass/Umbra or Dream Girl (in that order) provided the price is (somewhat) reasonable. Hey, I'm not exactly rich either!

From: Michigan | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Just posted this over in the Adv. #247 Homage thread but thought I'd add it here as well. A one-of-a-kind original done for me by the great Fred Hembeck.

Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3-G
If looks could kill..

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3-G   Author's Homepage   Email 3-G         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! I just found this Alex Ross webpage and look what's for sale!

-

http://www.alexrossart.com/store/sketch4.html

It's a little expensive for me but some of you high rollers (heh) might be interested.

--------------------
I'm too sexy for my shirt.

From: Brightonopolis | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Boy
Lovin the Art!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Ultra Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, now that I am in the right spot, thanks LL, one more time . . . . . .

I am a big fan of Legion original art, and the Legion's history that goes with it.

Here is my contribution:

Legion Of Super Heroes #285 Title Splash by Keith Giffen.

Keith's first work on the Legion was in this back up story in issue #285. I really loved Keith's first year on the book, especially the first 5 issues.

LARGE SCAN HERE

-

LARGE SCAN HERE

Hope you enjoy.

LLLater!

[Ultra Boy - Re-Imagined]

--------------------
UltraBoy

From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valor1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valor1   Email Valor1         Edit/Delete Post     
Since I now found this thread also, I will post one of my favorites - it was the my first "Legion" cover.

I bought it directly from the artist Colleen Doran at a SF convention in Virginia Beach in November 1994.

At that time I was more into SF than comics and I had cut my comics reading down to three titles a month - Silver Surfer, LOSH and Legionnaires. I had not attended any comic conventions for years but was instead going to SF conventions. So I was quite fortunate to run into Colleen and pick up this cover.

Click for fullsize image

Edited to use THUMB tag -- click on image to display full-size in new window

[ March 29, 2006, 03:16 AM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mon-el
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mon-el   Email Mon-el         Edit/Delete Post     
I was doing some looking around on Comicartfans ran across your page Ultra Boy.

Nice Watercolor, Ultra Boy

Click for fullsize image

From: West Virginia | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.