Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: The Founders' Wing (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: The Founders' Wing
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
The pics are great guys!

Dean, I especially like your first one. It really displays the idealism that the Founders represent.

Drake, it always amazes me how you can project so much energy in your artwork.

Cru, I'm pretty sure I've seen those before but your drawings are always great to see.

Cobie, I loved it when you first posted it and I still think it's great.

FC, what a great story! It was a fascinating way to tie LW into Legion contiuity, Imra's reaction was priceless. (Serves the Hussy right! [Big Grin] ) It occurs to me that if the new creative team reads this, they could easily use your story as the foundation for erasing all the "events" that have generated such a negative reaction in the past. Great job!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Great stuff folks! Any more arteeests and writers out there? A couple of 'Founders' Figures' perhaps?

Here's a couple more from me:
 -
 -

[ September 17, 2006, 05:04 AM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
There will be poems and limericks on the way [Wink]

She was iron-willed and stern,
but her heart continued to yern,
For her, he died
But love would not subside
And their lives took another turn

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
If I could ever get my creativity kick-started I have a story featuring Garth that has been bouncing around my head for months.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
 -

-

[ August 02, 2004, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gina DC
Metacontinuity Cop

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gina DC   Author's Homepage   Email Gina DC         Edit/Delete Post     
OMFG Drake can I borrow and credit that Cos for my Cos character page on Brave and the Bold? Because that is too sprocking /hot/.

--GD

--------------------
---livejournal.com/~evilbeej/---
Jo wants the beer.

From: Denville, New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Gina Robotgirl:
OMFG Drake can I borrow and credit that Cos for my Cos character page on Brave and the Bold? Because that is too sprocking /hot/.

Sure Gina, feel free. What page of yours are you referring to? I'd love to see it.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gina DC
Metacontinuity Cop

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gina DC   Author's Homepage   Email Gina DC         Edit/Delete Post     
Just for nass and giggles, here's Founder-art I drew when I was like, little and not yet self-aware. Or something.

-

-

-

--GD

[ August 02, 2004, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: Gina Robotgirl ]

--------------------
Jo wants the beer.

From: Denville, New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gina DC
Metacontinuity Cop

YAY!! Drake: It's at http://www.braveandthebold.com/characters/7919.html -- the MUX automatically generates webpages from the information saved on the character objects, and then we go in and add images we like. I'm a staffer there, so I can edit my pictures pretty much at will. [Smile] All the Cos write-up is mine, though.

--GD

--------------------
Jo wants the beer.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I love these threads!

Drake's sketches above are SIZZLIN'; Gina's drawings overflow with charm; a special shout-out to Dean's black and white piece-- it's wonderful; If lovin' Vee's entry is wrong, I don't wanna be right; Cru draws an absolutely lovely Lydda Jath; MEL's OC/Smallville manip is nice, but I ADORE his models for the solo Cos & Live Wire manips! They're like Moy's drawings from early reboot given life-- perfect picks, where did you find them?

But my favorite entry this month has to go to Cramey's short story, it really made my day!

[ August 02, 2004, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Gina DC
Metacontinuity Cop

And, reposting the more recent Founder art:

-

-

--GD

--------------------
Jo wants the beer.

Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, guys! Amazing!

MEL, your new manip with 'Clark' was great! The model choices, the colors, the work you put into all four and all your other pieces...everything is perfect!

Cru, already posted or not, those are some great pics! I love Lydda/Rokk, Princess.

Drake! Damn, boy! I love the feel of the team one. Your Garth and Rokk belong in the actual pages of Legion!

Dean, your pieces positively define heroic! Love the colors.

Vee, you naughty boy! Excellent job!

Cramer, that story was wonderful! Don't sell yourself short, the ending with Saturn 'Hussy' Girl alone makes it a winner.

Cobie, great stuff about Imra and Garth! More, please, from the poetry master. [Smile]

Gina, old or new, they're all faboo! The first Saturn Girl pictured is one I do NOT want to mess with. [Wink] I still love that last Cos one.

[ August 02, 2004, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: Future ]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I quite like Gina's altered SATURN GIRL costume in the color pic. A great Look for her!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm folloing in Gina's footsteps and posting something that's a few years old. Thus, I have little respect for it right now (especially after it scanned so horribly; this was the best touch-up I could do). Trying to draw more realistic people, I took a photo I had and sketched it out in pencil with the Legion founders in people's places. R.J., Apparition, and Triad were thrown in for good measure. [Smile]

-

Apologies for the horrible background and quality. This is a filler until I can get my real entry in...which will be belated, as always! [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.