Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: The Founders' Wing (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: The Founders' Wing
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Here's a rather ambitious drawing I started and never finished a while ago...

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Forgot to post this one back when I did a bunch of Fan Fashion sketches...

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Gina DC
Metacontinuity Cop

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gina DC   Author's Homepage   Email Gina DC         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh grife.

Now I /have/ to draw him wearing a sweater vest.

--GD

--------------------
---livejournal.com/~evilbeej/---
Jo wants the beer.

From: Denville, New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Phew! Go Dean, you're on a roll! Unfinished or not, the wedding ceremony picture is breathtaking. I love the look on Rokk's face in the fan costume.

Gina, sweater vests sound good!

Here's something else from Future's old-school sketchbook archive. The founders (plus Apparition; why is she in every picture I decide to post?) in some 20th century type clothes and hair-styles.

-

[ August 03, 2004, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Future ]

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
[Eek!] Dean! I got dibs on the wedding pic if you ever finish it. Hell, even if you don't and want to part with it let me know. That is just awesome!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gina DC
Metacontinuity Cop

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gina DC   Author's Homepage   Email Gina DC         Edit/Delete Post     
Sweater-vest equals geek! And well. Cos = epitome of geeky jock. So. Yeah.

It's addictive drawing Legionnaires in TwenCen clothes, innit.

--GD

--------------------
Jo wants the beer.

From: Denville, New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Because I still can't get over those dang medallions. [Big Grin]

-

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
 -
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Future, I did a sketch of the founders in 21st century clothing, too. They kinda ended up looking like the cast from Scooby Doo, so I wasn't really proud of it..

The wedding picture has gotten me some of my best reviews! Thanks! I guess I'll have to finish it off!

Drake, LOVE your costume designs!!! Especially Imra's.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Gina DC
Metacontinuity Cop

The /only/ problem with the Founders being the Scooby Doo peeps is that Imra would find out Cos was gay and decide that vibrators were where it's at because Garth had the hots for Brin.

--GD

--------------------
Jo wants the beer.

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
As always, an overflow of talent here! I really enjoy all the different styles of artwork.

Drake, amazing costume designs in that last picture! I love the various ways you illustrate the legionnaires' powers in your drawings, with colours or energy fields.

Dean, the wedding picture is ambitious with all those legionnaires - hope to see it finished! I particularly liked the "windy" pic - wind-blown hair is the best! I'm trying to picture Imra in a Marilyn Monroe wind-up-the-skirt shot, but it doesn't work....

Gina, your sketches are charming and happy. Imra with a blaster, that fits her in a Charlie's Angels kind of way.

Future, great group shot of the early team - I think we tend to forget that RJ is one of the founders, too. Liked Imra's medallions, too.

(We seem to have Imra emerging on this thread as the one with the most personality.)

Cobie, your Cos made me laugh because he looks a bit angry with that pink face! Where are the other poems?

Vee, ah, the possibilities for how that scene turned out are fascinating! Gives new meaning to "the Adult Legion".

Spellbinder - Rokk & Lydda - what a happy picture! Super Imra sketch, very serious, suits her perfectly.

Monkey-Eater Lad, wild photo-manips! They really bristle with energy!

Scott, you should at least write out the outline of your Garth story - curious to know what you have in mind.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Great, great stuff here! This might be the best gallery yet art wise!

Dean, I especially love that wedding pic! That might be my favorite drawing you've done!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gina DC
Metacontinuity Cop

HAHAHAHAHA

-

--GD

--------------------
Jo wants the beer.

Future
The Present is Past

Sweater-vest! Excellent, Gina!

I now have my new favorite picture! [Big Grin]

Drake, I love the redesigns! If only 'Jarth' would just change his hair pigment to echo this look. Love the lightning effect on his chest, the metal accessories on Cos, and Saturn Girl's costume in general. Perhaps Imra should be the new 're-imagined' girl with the cape? Tinya can take up bell-bottoms again!

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Follow this link to the LMBP Outpost Galleria for some fan art by former LMBPer TheMightyFanBoy. His art prominently features all three founders.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.