Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: The Founders' Wing (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: The Founders' Wing
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
Click for fullsize image

Imra - Brilliant
Cos - Eh...
Garth - Please God No...

[ August 05, 2004, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Re. the image above:

Imra: Lovely, better than she deserves
Rokk: Nice redesign
Garth: Kltpzyxm!

Great thread. [Smile]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe I was bored... maybe I was tired... maybe I just read too many Lash posts today and felt inspired [Wink]

In any case, I bring you...

"The Return of the Stick Figure Legionnaires 3!"

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Stick figure Legion!!! Wonderful, Cru!

I love the mitt hands and giant 'L' buckles holding everyone together! [Big Grin]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks [Smile]

They're a little more... grown up, I think, than the last batch of Stick Figure Legionnaires I did. Certainly a little more "polished", I guess.

The funny thing is, drawing stick figures is almost harder for me than drawing something more complex. It's hard to draw the line for myself and keep them relatively simple. I keep wanting to expand upon them, which sorta defeats the purpose [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gina DC
Metacontinuity Cop

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gina DC   Author's Homepage   Email Gina DC         Edit/Delete Post     
And *I* bring you...

LSH MST3K!

-

--GD [Cosmic Boy - Post-Boot]

--------------------
---livejournal.com/~evilbeej/---
Jo wants the beer.

From: Denville, New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, Gina! Excellent! I'd like to hear what our founders have to say more than the three guys from the show.

Where can I get a copy of that movie they're watching? [Wink]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Gina that is just too funny!

And who here wouldn't like to see MST3K do LW?

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gina DC
Metacontinuity Cop

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gina DC   Author's Homepage   Email Gina DC         Edit/Delete Post     
MOVIE SIGN!! 5...4...3...2...1!!

>The Earth Spins Presents:
>The LEGION Secret Files 3003

Cos: (darkly) Notice how it's always Trudy covers us, never Arlik? Grife, 'The Earth Spins' couldn't /possibly/ be more apt...

Garth: I *wish* they were secret files...

Imra: You just wish you had your manly lightning bolts back on your uniform.

Garth: Shut up!

>WRITERS: Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning
>ARTISTS: p1-3, 4 (bottom) 9-10, 11-16 (top), 17-19, 21 (bottom), 22-24, 26-27, 33, 25-38
>Pencils: Leonard Kirk, Inks: Robin Riggs, Colors & Seps: Sno Cone

Garth: They shoulda got Brek instead.

Imra: Cos, why are you taking notes on /this/?

Cos: So I know who to sue.

>p4 (top)-8, 11-26 (bottom), 20-21 (top), 25, 28-32, 34
>Pencils, Inks & Color: Tony Harris and Tom Feister
>Letters by Nick J Napolitano
>Edited by Ivan Cohen and Stephen Wacker

Garth: (darkly) Sue the editors.

Cos: Don't tempt me.

>Trudy: Nano-cams on line and feeding. Record mode set... Transmit on three... three, two, one...

Cos: But she said three first.

Garth: She's a flavor-of-the-week show fluff reporter. They don't have to know how to count.

Imra: Cos, don't make me shove that Omnicom up where you keep your stick.

>Trudy: Hi!

Imra: She sounds like I-45!

>Trudy: I'm Trudy Trusoe, and on tonight's very /special/ edition of THE EARTH SPINS, I'm getting up close and personal with the United Planets' favorite super-heroes.

Cos: Is that like a Very Special Episode of Blossom?

Garth & Imra: What's Blossom?

Cos: ...if you have to ask, my reputation is still safe.

>Trudy: That's right, /the Legion/.

Cos: OF SUPER-HEROES! Stupid sprocking dirj...

Garth: Yeah, because some people think the UP's favorite super-heroes are the WorkForce.

Imra: Oversight Watch.

Garth: Whatever.

>Trudy: I'm taking my nano-cams to Legion World, going behind the scenes for the first time /ever/ in this Daily Planet exclusive.

Cos: Daily /Planet/?

Imra: Don't.

>Trudy: Stay with us for wonders, heroes, and much /much/ more.
>Link here for Trudy's Fan Club.

Cos, Imra, and Garth: No, thanks!

>Trudy: And don't forget...the link icons allow /you/ instant access to additional archive data.
>Link here for the Legion Constitution.

Cos: (livid) HEY! Some of that's top secret!!!

Garth: Down in front!

Imra: Garth...we're all in front.

Garth: That doesn't contradict my--

Imra: Shut up.

>Trudy: Just touch your holoscreen for information, /faster/ than the speed of news!

Garth: Yeah, because /holovids/ have /screens/.

Imra: And you can /touch/ holos.

Cos: I mean, the roster of the sprocking /ESPIONAGE SQUAD/ is in the Constitution!!

Garth & Imra: Shut up!

>Trudy: But...here I am in sunny downtown Metropolis. How /am/ I going to get to Legion World?

Garth, Cos & Imra: Take the Trolley to the Land of Make-Believe!

>Shikari: Allow me, Trudy.

Imra: (imitating Shikari's lettering) I'll just drop you off in the sun, and you can keep Superman company. You can tell him about the Daily Planet.

>Trudy: Why, of course! It's SHIKARI! One of the /newest/ members of the Legion team, Shikari is an interdimensional pathfinder.

Cos: Interdimensional? Does that mean Kari can take us back to Summer World?

Imra: Summer World is in this dimension, Cos.

Garth: Not if Misters Grim and Gritty have anything to say about it.

Cos: Hell, sometimes I think Pol's in another dimension.

Imra: You /wish/ he were in another dimension. He'd be /safer/.

............okay, just rereading this is giving me a headache. [Big Grin]

--GD [Cosmic Boy - Post-Boot]

--------------------
Jo wants the beer.

From: Denville, New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
More, more!

That's was just perfect Gina!

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gina DC
Metacontinuity Cop

Haha! Okay. But not tonight. I gotta put the kibosh on the world's shittiest Mysa app before going to bed, then go to bed, 'cause /really/ long day tomorrow. And miles to go before I sleep again after that. [Wink]

--GD

--------------------
Jo wants the beer.

Gina DC
Metacontinuity Cop

...continued!

>Shikari: Let me take you through this threshhold to Legion World, Trudy.

Garth: Get on the magic bus!

>Shikari - Transdimensional navigation, bio-armor. Place of origin: The Second Galaxy.

Cos: Because we've suddenly gone Roman in our naming conventions.

>Shikari is a member of the nomadic Kwai species. Her pathfinding gift helped the Legion get home from their mission to the Second Galaxy. She has been a key part of the team ever since. Kwai navigators now run the threshhold network, providing instant travel throughout the United Planets.

Imra: So now it's a 'mission'? I thought we were Lost In Space.

Garth: Danger, Imra Ardeen! Danger!

>Shikari: The threshold is open. Follow me.
>Trudy: Looks like we're on our way!

Cos: What Trudy doesn't realize is that Shikari's actually taking her on a little trip through hypertime, like Sliders or something. Watch as she encounters her alternate self, who's even perkier and dumber, and whose dress looks even more like Judy Jetson's...

Imra: Don't even go there, fishbowl-head.

>Trudy: Wow! Felt like stepping through a doorway, but we're there already!

Garth: Gee whillikers!

Cos: Holy boobies, Shikari! June is bustin' out all over!

Imra: I thought you were asexual, Cos.

Cos: That's not what you said when I woke up from my coma.

Garth: Okay, enough with the sex puppet talk...

Imra: Jealous, sweetie?

Garth: NO!!

tbc

--GD

--------------------
Jo wants the beer.

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Gina Robotgirl:
YAY!! Drake: It's at http://www.braveandthebold.com/characters/7919.html -- the MUX automatically generates webpages from the information saved on the character objects, and then we go in and add images we like. I'm a staffer there, so I can edit my pictures pretty much at will. [Smile] All the Cos write-up is mine, though.

--GD

Hey, I checked out the site -- great coloring job [Smile]
 -

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Love the color on the Rokk pic!
Lightning Lad
Founder

Another great installment Gina. Thanks for the laugh!
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.