Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Legion fan art! (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Legion fan art!
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Preview of the Supergirl graphic I was working on yesterday. I'm not satisfied with it and I haven't done much with shadows and highlights yet but I wanted to show it off anyway.

-

I tried a couple of backgrounds but wasn't very thrilled with any of them so I may just do what you guys have been doing and modify the background Jeff drew for it...I dunno yet.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Very nice, Art!
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
YK,

I love the Moy Supergirl one. The colours are quite light and muted yet are you planning to give em a bit more "umph" ?

as drawn by Moy she reminds me more of Laurel than Kara though.

The Mooney Kara on the previous page is nicely done as well, apart from the eye's which look "off" to me. Were you trying something different there?

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Oh yeah, that's what I'm calling a "working version" and I'll have it a little more intense before I finish it. Thanks for the feedback too.

The Jim Mooney-Supergirl-riding-an-asteroid was an experiment with technique, I wanted to keep the eyes sharp like they are in the sketch but maybe they're too sharp....hhhmmmm...I might see if I can fix that.

-here's the sketch for comparison-

-

[ December 20, 2004, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: Yellow Kid ]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
thanks Art.

Seeing the Mooney sketch like that made me realise its his pencils that make the eyes funny. She looks like whatever she is sitting on is making her eyes shine wide open. [Smile]

In your version I noticed when i went back to compare, that the whites are too white, and the pupils have no colour. (at least on my works machine) that may be what makes me notice them.

sorry to sound like I'm carping, I'm not. I have no talent or skill at this sort of thing and am constantly amazed at what you, Deddy, Loser, Reboot and all the others can do with colouring programmes.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

My pleasure, really. It also helps when someone has a critique of a piece where I can go back and take a look at what's not working for the audience. Feedback beyond the standard "That sucks, you boogerhead!" helps us (me anyway)
polish pieces like that. I think Mr. Mooney's sketchwork deserves the best I can do...and then some.
Since I posted those last two I've been working on something else (new thread) but I'll definitely get back to those two Supergirl sketches really soon and finish them off.

Faraway Lad

Thats cool I look forward to seeing them you little ole boogerhead. [Smile]

(what a wonderful phrase, thanks YK I may be saying that all day now) [Smile]

--------------------
Faithfull

PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice work as always yellow kid

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Thanks Polar Boy. Now it's yout turn again, got another one of those cool Moy sketches?..or something way cool we might not have seen?

...we've kind of been on a Jeff and Phil Moy kick due to White Raven and her challenges but there are plenty of other Legion sketch artists out there...anybody know where to find any Neal Adams b/w sketches of Legionnaires?

Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
Over on the winged gallery, there's a Dawnstar that recently got posted. That's my challenge to color!

--------------------
Lady Kat - The White Raven

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Cool, that'll be fun.

I find you can over-manipulate an image too...so I'm going to post this and quit messing with it. I picked a background that reminded me of somewhat of the Crisis you know where.

-

PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
It's funny you mentioned over manipulating I postef a few versions of a pic of Jan in the december challenge thread that I have been playing with this afternoon I was sure if I should posthere cause I only couloured it and didn't draw it.

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

I haven't drawn any of these I've been posting. Sure, I'll change a line and maybe a costume but I really try to keep all the original line work I can. Granted, I sometimes do things like changing that Superboy/Triad pic into a Kent Shakespeare pic but all in all they're other people's stuff.

I look at it as an homage to the artists, both fans and pros. I hope like heck they see it that way too.

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
theres an excellent drawing of dawnstar at heromorph. Here's a link to the pic
Dawnstar Drawing

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

That's gorgeous Deds, thanks. I can't tell if it's a delicate charcoal on really smooth paper or if it's a watercolor that's been greyscaled. Your friends there are pretty darned good.
(I wonder if I can get that 'oil paint' look on that piece?)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.