Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: The Gim Gallery (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: The Gim Gallery
Space Cadet
Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Cadet   Email Space Cadet         Edit/Delete Post     
Very cool!

--------------------
Readin' Legion since '62

From: Winnipeg | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's my first colored Colossal Boy!
(The original was colored, I just changed hair colors and names.)

-

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Heres some 60's color on 70's costumes.

-

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Future is doing an Archive of Legion costumes over the last 50 years.
He inspired me and gave me permission to use his original works to create my own, updated outfits.

Gim is my first try at it.
These were taken from my original favorites + the two from, I think, from the Prime era.
I hope the detail shows.
If not, I'll have to come up with another way to present them.

I hope that the original design is enhansed rather than muddled up.

Gim's first costume, with the updated belt, was the most fun to do and as you can see, I like to have a Legion emblem on all of the Legion costumes as well as an identifying symbol for the individual.

-

[ January 13, 2011, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice modifications, Candle. I really like the bottom one. Seeing that, along Lone Wolf Legionnaire's variants in the post above yours, make me realize just how much I dig Gim's original color scheme. It just pops so much more than the later blue and red.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Thanks, Ex!
And I tend to agree about the green and yellow combo.
I altered the unifom colors on the first 4 to see what would happen.
I think the first 2 are wonderful.
The Micro Lad uniforms, not so much.
There are endless combos, but of the few I tried, I liked these best.

-

[ January 13, 2011, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Poppin' hotties!

If that's Interlac for "Link Not Found," yeah.

[sigh]

Story of my life.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I love the uniqueness of green/yellow/red on Gim and it is kind of funny how much he's not featured in it! As long as the red stays prominent so he doesn't slip into Matter-Eater Lad's color scheme, it works great. I feel like that's especially evident in the first two you did of the yellow/green schemes, Candle.

Love the new upwards insignia on the Giffen v2/v3 costume. It always was a little bland to me without something on the chest or stomach.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Yes, I changed a lot of the details on that bottom outfit while still trying to hold onto it's essense.
I like details, but I like to keep them simplified, echoing the other shapes and colors, especially in a superhero outfit that's also used for identification.

These costumes, I think, have good 'bones' and you can see that I dislike the underpart look.

The bottom, almost original design had the cinch waist look that was very 50-60 cowboyish, too.

Making the belt less dominant by using red on the decorations and adding a Legion buckle and a small pouch helped but the shirt still looked gathered. That's one of the two reasons that I added the symbol.
The other was that I like Gim to be 'branded' and still a tiny be cowboy like.
lol

I'd use the top Giffin on him now, adding a head piece in green, I think.

Thanks for the interest and comments.

The esperience is a little like drawing paper doll outfits.
<3

--------------------

Come, join me!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.