Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Amber's Song (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Amber's Song
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Scanned your next two posts, B, great stuff! Thanks for the "previously" posts, they help a lot [Smile]

Hi IB, hope you follow this okay. I'll put in lots of reminders when necessary and as there are only five or six main characters for the foreseeable future hopefully this won't get as convoluted as Leg35C. That's the plan anyway [Big Grin]

Anyone else reading this? Don't be shy, let me know what you think so far please.

Bxx

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Amalla de Grundy sat on her balcony watching the frantic scrabbling of the crowd below.

Imra Park was busy now, the Freak Hail had thrown the normally organised Titanians out of their usual predictable routine. The mad dash by those who had been caught in their bunkers for the last few hours as they finished whatever tasks they were doing before the time storm had struck made Amalla smile to herself. The control and organisation of an average Titanian citizen irritated her, she enjoyed seeing them scurry around psi-scented with desperation. She opened her statuesque mind to the small leaking thoughts as they frantically finished their work for the day, hurridly purchased supplies and enterted into Titans favourite pass time - gossip! Did you hear, did you see, did you know?

In her mind Amalla floated above the ambient thoughts and tried to enjoy the sensation.

She was still on guard though, the music that had haunted her for several months now was still there, at the back of her mind. At first she had thought it was some playground joke projection, one of her peers had found a leak in her screens. As the months had continued and the music had increased Amalla had begun to doubt this was the case. At the very edges of the music there was the taste of a person, another Beings but unlike anyone she had ever scanned before. There was a sense of otherness about this and Amalla had begun to feel anxious about it. What if she was going mad? What if she told someone and they took her away to the Re-examine Wards? Amalla had kept the music in her mind a secret.

It was getting harder to ignore though. Just this afternoon it had ripped into her attempt at concentration during her history lesson. It had taken hold of her and .. lifted her? She couldn't think of a word to describe the moment when .. like light finding a delicate flower in undergrowth or as if the rain had stopped, mid fall, and she could examine each prismic drop as it hung in the air, almost .. she almost felt clean. It had made her feel right, correct, whole. The revelation of wrongness that this had brought had shocked Amalla.

She knew in her heart of hearts that the music she had heard had shown her a truth far beyond the mindpeeks of her peers and fellow psi's had ever seen. The music, for a briefest period had shown her a pure truth so fundamental that it had been ignored for centuries. It had alerted her to the incredible hurt that this very Reality knew at it's core and of what should have been in it's place.

Amalla threw her arms around herself and concentrated on the sensations from below.

The feelings from the crowds below seemed to dim and in it's place she could sense a void, as if vacuum could enter the phychostatus of this small world. An empty space in an otherwise vibrant field of life. Amalla opened her eyes and saw a young girl at the heart of this pocket of nothingness.

"She aint no native" she said to no-one in particular as she looked closer. The girl seemed oblivious to the mad rush of grey clad Titanians around her. She stood looking up at the balcony where Amalla crouched. She wore a simple green dress and it appeared as if her skin were wrapped of bands of steel, talon metal like hair curling around her head in escher patterns. Her face a mask of silver. Amalla might have thought this strange sight an appirition if only the strange feeling of .. nothing hadn't cloaked it from the crowds below.

"Damn you! Lets see who you really are!" Amalla jumped onto the railings and with incredible dexterity she swung down the side of the School Tower and approached the stranger in the plaza.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Hestalyt hugged her arms tightly around herself. Tears streamed from her eyes for the first time since her birth. The breastplate she wore had been given by Athena, the wise Goddess had created it to protect the wearer from falsehood. The breast plate, so ordinary looking, burnished metal with silk purple trim befitting one born of the Gods. The breastplate had radiated a subtle warmth at the appearance of Wee Jacqui Koauau that had erupted into soul wretching waves of sensation by the end of the Firstfooters message.

Hestalyt had no awareness beyond the force of the Truth that burned through her being like lava.

She rolled through space, curling into herself, her vari-hued wings wrapping themselves around her.

As she rolled she remembered.

Her life flew past her clenched eyes.

Artemis screamed with the fury of a Goddess as her twelve winged children burst from her mouth fully formed. Lean and muscular with the bearing of a hunter as their mother, with multi-coloured wings and the star spanning sight of their father. The Twelve of Pantheon watched from a mezzanine spun from the stuff of night sky and imagination. A hundred strong flight of Freetraders treading the clouds arranged in autumnal colours behind the Olympians. The young flock took to the air with natural grace. As they flew around the stark white temple they screamed in unison with their mother. The triumphant life affirming primal scream of their birth.

Soon after the birth Artemis returned to her ways, hunting with her hounds upon the peaks of Olympus. She had little contact with her children or their father, the Freetrader shaman Clear Skies Coming. The Goddess was seen to hold court with ravens and hawks afterwards. None were certain if she was asking them about her brood or if it were that her eyes had been opened to a new way to hunt, the thrill of the chase in flight.

The twelve strong Wings of Olympus, as Hestalyt and her siblings were to be called, were quickly feared amongst the many Freetraders and their halfling children with the Amazons, minor deities and sprites of Olympus. They hunted with the ruthlessness of a mother wolf. With the exception of Zeus' eagles none were guaranteed safe travel through the heavens above the ancient Gods mountain. For ten years they ruled the places above Olympus.

They tracked and fought the Nu-Gods Jo Nah and Zoe Saugin, their awesome senses alerting them to his ultra-energy shifting abilities and her reality twisting magicks as the couple fought them off. Hestalyts' sibling Auratanes tore out Jo Nah's right eye before being felled by a mighty punch. Amongst the Wings of Olympus it was considered ill form that Aurantus touched the ground below as he crashed into the mountain. The brood turned as one and devoured their sibling allowing Jo Nah and his wife Zoe Saugin the chance of escape.

They were hunted after that episode but the hunters were not easy prey. Mighty Zeus and the alien God J'onn J'onzz of Mars themselves entered into the chase. Ultimately the Wings of Olympus were betrayed by a raven from Artemis and flung into the Tartarus pits, tied to the very bedrocks of the most high and holy mountains. There small creatures, so like the worthless things they had hunted, flung dirt and rocks at them, torturing them with the stuff of the earth, smearing mud and glass sharp sand into their noble feral faces, cutting their wings with raw flint and all the while the Twelve of Pantheon toasted their ill health.

Until the Freetraders betrayed the trust of Mighty Zeus and slew Hera in a barbaric act of savagery.

The Wings of Olympus were freed and given weapons and charms from each of the remaining Twelve of Pantheon and the task to never return to Olympus until all of the Freetrader traitors were slain, with the exception of their shaman. Clear Skies Coming was to be returned to Zeus intact. The Wings of Olympus set off from Olympus into the damaged Einsteinian Reality, eager to fulfil their quest.

Hestalyt remembered, and understood that everything she knew, everything her enhanced abilities had previously confirmed, everything she held within her animalistic heart as true was a lie.

[ July 27, 2005, 04:56 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Amalla laughed!

This was the biggest, weirdest joke she could ever have imagined.

She had stood in this.. bubble.. and spoken to this.. person.. for, she guessed, twenty minutes and she felt more confused than she had before. The.. person.. in front of her had said her name was 'Jacqui' and Amalla was going to help her save the Universe. She, Jacqui, had went on to claim they were away to have an adventure into Olympus with a Vegan prince on the run from assassins ("A Vegan prince, really?" Amalla's disbelieving tone seemed to pass Jacqui by as the metal clad stranger continued), a child of the Olympian Gods ("Like Zoos and thingy the unpronounceable? Gee I'd have though that Gorillas wouldn't be welcome there.." this time Jacqui paused for the briefest of moments before continuing) and, this being the most ridiculous to Amalla's near hysterical mind, a monk of a long dead religion. A monk!

"Yeah right, a monk with a bowlcut and cassock and all." Amalla had replied.

"That's right.." Jacqui began to answer when Amalla focussed her incredible telepathic powers into a savage spike of psionic might and rammed it into Jacqui's metal clad face.

Even as she did it she realised that it was a mistake!

After Amalla picked herself off the ground she realised the strange blue tinted bubble that had surrounded Jacqui that had somehow protected them from the all intrusive psi-sphere of Titan was gone, what struck her a mili-second later was that she was no longer on Titan. The gravity was wrong, the air smelt different, the sky was a shiny aqua-blue and, most alarmingly, the strangely conforting pressure of the Many Minded that wove the psionic atmospherics of Titan was gone. Her telepathic abilities, so long restrained by the sheer weight of psi-screens, buffers and babble stretched out to examine this shockingly barren unknown place.

Once thing was certain, Jacqui of the Firstfooters was no where to be found.

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

"Actually, I left her in Zoe Saugin's Crater for Contemplation in the Olympos Reality Fold. Let her stew for an hour or two. She has to learn to control her temper, that psychic attack would have killed some Beings." Jacqui's disappointment is softly spoken but recognised by Dak X'halkin.

Jacqui Koauau turns away from Dak X'halkin and appears to peer through the blue tinted bubble she has called into being around them. The frozen 'Stroid outside reflects the distant light of Nu Vega in shades of violet and dusty pink with parallel stripes of untramarine shadows strectching towards the 'Stroids docking bay. They are just inside the lip of the Pressue Field, feet away from the life threatening hard vacuum of space. The 'Stroid is known as Meemau Xemkili iii, the so called Bootleg Post, home to the Lawdodgers, a loose knit society of Vega's runaways, hopeless, brutal and insane. For one brought up within the structure of X'halkin heritage it is almost unimagineable that Dak X'halkin should be here seeking sanctuary.

When Jacqui had asked him about this he had replied, rather sullenly in a low rumbling voice "'Tis true that two opposite ends of a broad spectrum rarely are comfortable when they meet yet so far there have been no problems here." Jacqui can sense that the four armed Vegan prince before her is putting a brace face on his worries.

Dak joins her to stare at the bare expanse outside the docking bays open doors.

"You offer me an adventure and an escape from my power craving sibling's schemes Jacqui, but still I wonder if I will be seen as a coward by joining you."

"Oh Dak, do you care? You are X'halkin and of the line of Sacchev, who has the right to judge your reasons?"

"Only myself Jacqui, but sometimes that is ..."

"Listen, the Song of Life pours from you telling me of all your potential, your passion and your god given power. Your destiny is not to lead your people, your older siblings can arrange that between themselves. No, your destiny is more that becoming another bored despot overseeing one single star, your purpose is so much more than that. So, I ask once again, do you care?"

Dak gazes into the frozen expanse before them and slowly smiles, shakes his head with eyes closed and turns back towards the small metal clad girl befside him.

"Come Jacqui, introduce me to this ill mannered psychic gorilla so I may explain to her the rules of proper etiquette and honour, let's arrange a revolution on Olympos then save this miserable reality. Before I regain my sense and laugh at our folly, take me with you to my destiny."

The music that Dak had been hearing for months rises from nowhere and crashes around them in waves and without even a -pop- they vanish from Meemau Xemkili iii.

--------------------

Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh good - we could do with some ass-kicking!
[LOL] [tease] [LOL]

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
But... But... Whose arse is going to get kicked?

Inquiring minds want to know...

SO...

MORE, MORE, MORE!

[ROTFLMAO]

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Jacqui and Dak appear from the thin air in the Crater of Contemplation. There is no sign of Amalla de Grundy.

"She is nearby Dak, her lifeforce is as music on the air around us. She is not far away."

The huge Vegan prince only snorts and looks off into the distance over Jacqui's swirling iron hair.

"I gather from the strange light over there we'll find her if we go in that direction." he nods towards a fog bank of swirling greens, blues, umbers and white, a mile in front of them. Jacqui too can see the strange cloudbank, but her intradimension honed perceptions cannot glean any further information about it. For the very first time since becoming the Amber Man's soulsinger and representative to this damaged Reality she feels the tiny icy fingers of doubt touch upon her. She feels her pulse rise with her excitement.

She begins to walk but Dak picks her up with suprising gentleness and says "I'll get us there a bit quicker my dear, just hang on and enjoy the view." And with that he flexes his mighty legs and they are airborn, shooting accross the sky towards the strange sight.

It takes two half mile long bounds to reach the sight before them.

It becomes apparent that what they thought of as a cloudbank is anything but. Swirling waves of multicoloured sand coascale into the shape of a temple, columns and steps shifting into and out of solidity as the breeze apparently stirs them.

They land with a boom that throws a cloud of sand around them.

By the time it has cleared Jacqui has climbed down from Dak and is approaching the sand blown temple with her head tilted in curiosity.

"Wow!"

"Indeed Jacqui, this structure is astounding."

"So, shall we go find our missing comrade? I can hear her soul music, she is in there, though I also hear a ..song that is unfamiliar. Amalla is definitely not alone."

"It will be an honour to meet the owner of this strange construct."

"I think she's in there with a god Dak, we should be cautious..."

"My grandmother was a goddess, let's see what this 'god' is like."

Dak strides into the sand storm without looking back at his Firstfooter comrade, his broad blue face held high. Jacqui walks behind him slowly. Within seconds he is lost to her sight as a curtain of multicoloured sand sweeps before her. Unafraid she continues to walk towards the strange temple.

For nearly a minute she walks towards the broad steps she had seen when they landed. The temple seem to recede before her, while the sands blow with more ferocity around her small frame, making an angry hiss as the tiny grains crash against her. Jacqui is well aware that she is not alone. The feeling of being watched over tickles around the back of her neck. The Soulsinger of the Amber Man decides enough is enough. Her companions are both nearby, she can hear their very heartbeats borne upon the Song of Life, but she cannot pinpoint their exact location.

"Okay, nice trick, very confusing and I'm sure you think you're all very clever and funny and such like but if you don't reunite me with my companions soon I'm going to get very pissed off. I'll be generous and give you twenty seconds before I tumble your party trick house."

Jacqui has not spoken loudly but the subsonic rumbling around her tells her that she has been heard. The wind starts to scream, the sands rise and smash against her as the ground beneath her feet rocks to and fro like the ocean. She counts slowly. At thirty she decides it's time to show whoever or whatever has seperated her party that messing with the living conduit of the Amber Man is a mistake.

Jacqui lifts her face up, spreads her arms out and starts to sing.

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

The Amber Man has existed for longer than any other sentient in this, or most other Realities.

He, if any gender specific term can be used, is a vessel for the universe shaping force of what has been called the Song of Life. Although there is only one of Him, He exists as a seperate entity with unique and individual form and structure specific to each Reality that He is called into being. A conundrum of an existence beyond the minds of the most learned scholar. In laymans terms He is the avatar of the very purpose of each Reality. He has whispered ideas that have altered paths of planetary evolution. He has been behind the guiding forces of Empires. He has, quite simply, allowed life itself to be. He has, through his very existence, been a part of every living things growth.

His Soulsinger can touch upon this might and through the medium of song can channel his wisdom and power.

Jacqui "boom boom" Koauau is well aware of the power at her disposal. At most she can access a slither of a fraction of the minutest fragment of His might. Still it is enough to flatten the windblown sandstorm that has erupted around her. Within seconds of beginning her song the air is clear around her, the flying sand is quietened, floaring gently to the ground below her as she levitates, head back, arms out. Still she continues her song.

Below her the Vegan prince Dak X'halkin looks up in awe. He can hear her voice, gentle like a wave lapping a beach, echoing and building with each new note. With each note the sands settle around them, the strange temple eroding before his eyes. Slowly the echoes of Jacqui's song fade until the crater is silent without even a breeze to disturb the eerie silence. Slowly Jacqui floats back to the ground beneath her.

Amalla de Grundy is thirty yards to the side, her hands covering her face, curled like a corpse on the sand. Dak sees her and bounds over. Dak lifts the unconcious gorilla, his spiked arms cushioning her against his broad chest.

"Jacqui..." but before Dak can ask his metal bound companion his question the air above them erupts as is a thunderhead had cracked.

"WHO ARE YOU TO DISTURB MY TEMPLE SO?"

Above the three companions a gigantic form of an angry goddess, with hair red as blood, eyes as penetrating as any knife, stares down upon them.

[ August 13, 2005, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

Abin Quank

But... But... I thought you said the Olympians were gonna get their arses kicked...

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Olympian arse kicking to follow, and a tie in with Fun and Games too as I finally deal with a loose end from that chapter of Leg35C. And about time too [LOL]

Hope life is treating you well Chuckles.

Bxx

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Dak X'halkin is one of the most physically powerful Vegans ever born.

His genetic heritage and mutation are such that that is not to be doubted. He is powerfully built still the force of the Olympian goddesses prescence causes him to flinch, his eyes closing, four hands covering his pointed ears and chin burrowing into his chest. He curls in on himself assuming a defensive foetal position so familiar to boxers and victims of fire. At his feet Amalla de Grundy squirms as if struggling back to consciousness.

Jacqui stands as if admiring a summers day, relaxed in posture as she looks up towards the vision above.

"Oh Zoe, there you are, would you care to join us?" Her voice has lost it's beautiful melodic rhythm and drips in sarcasm. The small Firstfooter, wrapped in bands of metal looks nonchalant and unconcerned as she faces the giant goddess above. "It's a gorgeous day for it wouldn't you..."

Her sarcasm is cut off as the Olympian goddess breathes out with hurricane force, sending the sand around them into a frenzy of blinding fury. Dak drops over the semiconscious gorilla sprawled before him, protecting her from the cutting force with his mighty body as a shield. Jacqui stands as if unimpressed.

"Zoe Saugin, one time legionnaire, have you forgotten your humanity so that you would attack an unconscious girl and the descendant of one of your friends in such a fit of childish pique?" Jacqui's word rise above the wind, cutting into the air with a challenge.

The Olympian above doesn't speak, instead the air seems to thicken and in a violet flash Jacqui and her companions find themselves standing in a granite courtyard overlooked by the most beautiful white carved marble mezzanine. The sky above is filled with full chariots being drawn by fiery horses, and a cloud of great eagles and ravens screeching.

Standing around the mezzanine are the Olympian Pantheon. Father Zeus has arms crossed and the look of a judge away to pass sentence. On his right side his favourite son Herakles taps his mighty fists together and smiles like a hunting cat. To Herakles' right are Hephaestus and Ares, Jo Nah the former Ultra Warrior, Zoe Saugin the ex-legionnaire called Kinetix and Pallas Athena. Poseidon and Hades with fearsome three headed Cerberus standing between them, the three bodies of the Cargggite Triple Heavy, Artemis and Demetre, Atrophos, Clotho and Lacesis stand at Zeus' left.

They look angry.

Dak stands up quickly, smiles and says "Fellow rulers we are most gra.."

"WHO ARE YOU TO DAMAGE A SACRED TEMPLE?"

None of the gods have opened their mouths to speak but still Jacqui and Dak know that Father Zeus, the Storm King, god of gods, has just addressed them.

Without a sound Jacqui starts to levitate. The Pantheon watch her with the mildly ammused disdain one would reserve for a lying child. Artemis and Demetre, Ares and Jo Nah all smile hungrily.

"Father Zeus, you surely know we follow a gentle purpose and meant no disrespect." Again Jacqui has spoken softly yet her words are heard by all present.

The skies above grow dark, chariots and birds careering wildly as they try to avoid the driving rain and bone shaking thunder. Eagles swarm around Father Zeus. A raven flies to Artemis, hiding it's cruel beaked head in her hair.

"THOU SHALT LEARN THY PLACE CHILD AND IT IS NOT IN THE SKIES OF OLYMPUS WITH MY EAGLES."

"You are right Father Zeus, my place is amongst the many Realms and Realities. This single locality cannot keep me for long. Still, on the chorus of the Song Of All Existence a sterling note rings false here and my God has dictated..."

"THERE ARE NO OTHER GODS THAN MYSELF AND THOSE I CHOOSE." Thunder booms from above, rumbling for many seconds afterwards.

Herakles turns towards his father and without any sign of speaking clearly says "Let me have the pleasure of disposing of yonder wench and her freakish companions Father, they are obviously far beneath thy awesome consideration." Ares agrees quickly and within seconds most of the Pantheon are nodding with agreement.

Dak X'halkin, helping Amalla de Grundy to her feet as she regains her consciousness calls up to the mezzanine above, "Bring it on little hairy godling, I would gladly take the smugness from your face and teach you that one born of X'halkin blood is not to be threatened so."

Father Zeus smiles a bleakly humourless smile and turns towards his son.

"THOU SHALT SLAY THAT FOUR ARMED BEAST AND MAKE A STEW FROM HIS CARCASS FOR THE SCAVENGERS OF THE WOODS TO FEED UPON, THE WENCHES ARE TO BE GIVEN TO THE DENIZENS OF TARTARUS AS PLEASURE SLAVEs TO SLAKE THEIR LUSTS, SO WILLS ZEUS."

Amalla looks around her in awe, her psionic probes have alerted her to the gravity of the situation. She nervously twists the scarab ring on her left thumb and says, "Oh shit! This isn't a dream!"

[ August 14, 2005, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Abin Quank:
But... But... Whose arse is going to get kicked?

Take a guess!

[Hmmm?]

--------------------

Abin Quank

Oh Goodie...

I never liked Herakles very much.

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

Harbinger
Advisor

Jacqui was speaking to Dak. The mighty Vegan prince was shaking his head, determination blazed from his deep blue upon blue eyes. Amalla stood close to both, nervously glancing at the laughing Olympians above.

"Dak, we must help heal this wrong, not exasperate it further." Jacqui's voice, ever melodic, had the edge of urgency.

"These savages are not worthy of our support Jacqui, it is only right we teach them the error of their ways. Where my Grandmother here she would not..."

"Your Grandmother was an ambassador to peace Dak, she healed as she led..."

"Sometime the best way to encourage healing is to remove the unhealthy. With a knife!" Dak rubs two elbow spikes meaningfully."My mind is made up Jacqui of the Firstfooters, I will not allow such uncouth characters to threaten and bully us so."

"Dak, if you kill Herakles we will probably lose everything. We need the Olympians support here, they are to help replenish the life force of Mother Terra with their return to the Einsteinian Reality. Humanity will..."

"Little one, your courage and knowledge is as a beacon in these strange times, yet you forget I am not a human."

"Your grandfather was."

"I am not my grandfather Jacqui, I am X'halkin!"

"LITTLE FREAK, IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO DIE BY MY SONS HAND!"

"That's still to be decided Zoos." Surprisingly, it is Amalla de Grundy who speaks to the Father of the Olympians. She stands with her hands on her hips, head tilted, lips pouting. "Give us a minute already, for an immortal you sure seem impatient, what's your problem? Apart from obvious grooming defficiencies of course.."

There is silence for a second above them before Ares pulls a spear from out of the air before him and nonchalantly throws it at the young gorilla. Amalla barely dodges it as it imbeds itself into the granite at her feet. Both Dak and Jacqui turn and start to move protectively in fron of their companion.

"Hey, it's alright, I'm alright!" There is a shade of hysterics in Amalla's tone. She reaches out to touch the throbbing spear with both hands.

<Spear cast in Hephaestus Forge, invisible until needed, unbreakable> The voices Amalla hears are both small yet distinct. Like penatant children whispering prayers there is respect in their tone.

Amalla quickly pulls her hands away, "Like whoah, what?"

Jacqui touches Amalla gently on her shoulder causing the gorilla to flinch. "It's your great great grandfathers rings Amalla, they have an information function. we will talk further after this mess is sorted out." Amalla looks at the Bug Rings on her thumbs then at Jaqui's blank metalic mask then back to her thumbs. Jacqui nods, touching the gorillas shoulder again in reassurance before turning back to Dak X'halkin. The Vegan prince is striding towards the centre of the granite courtyard where Herakles now stands awaiting him.

Both Jacqui and Amalla back off, they know there will be no stopping this fight now.

Amalla watches in sick fascination at Dak as he strides up to the fifteen foot tall Olympian.

"Little freak, prepare to..."

As Herakles had started to threaten Dak the Vegan prince had leapt and struck with alarming ferocity. His four hands clench and at the last moment curl in towards his torso, flicking four three foot long elbow spikes into the Olympians upper torso and throat.

As Herakles' head rolls off his shoulders, golden ichor spurting from the wounds, the screaming from above starts. Herakle's lifeless body collapses onto knees then chest with a crash. Amalla can see Herakles mouth still move as if talking as the Olympians eyes close for the final time on the cold granite.

Dak lands on the granite beside the fallen body, wiping his four hands together. He looks up at the screaming Olympians and casually says "Job done!"

In less that two seconds, Dak X'halkin had beheaded an immortal son of Zeus.

[ August 15, 2005, 04:51 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.