Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Onevision - 'The Psionic Spear' (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: LMB Onevision - 'The Psionic Spear'
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Ggrrgg

Spellbinder and Cobalt Kid arrived in Ggrrgg outside of the Capital City, hiding their cruiser in the lush gardens around the city. Cobalt said nothing, taking in all at once the cadre of emotions he was feeling. He loved this planet at one time, as a boy, and it loved him back. His father was a Counsel, and his Patrician family was greatly loved by the people, as his ancestors had been some of Ggrrgg’s finest generals. He was expected to one day take that role. He had befriended his fellow males and had become a legend in bedding down the young female Ggrrggians, as this behavior was not only accepted on Ggrrgg, it was encouraged.

But it was the death of the slave who had befriended him and taught him about science and philosophy that changed his life, and set off a series of events that changed Cobalt. His mother’s own betrayal of him, stabbing him in the back, and the planet itself disowning him, after his refusal to fight on Ggrrgg’s behalf led to the death of his mother. flashbacks from the Ggrrgg/Psyonia War. Now he was hated here, seen as the greatest traitor in Ggrrgg’s history, for not using his magnetism (which other Ggrrggian’s did not share) for the Ggrrggian army.

quote:
Originally seen in the Ggrrgg/Psyonia War:
A group of boys, all about 8-9 years old in age run through the streets, beating each other with sticks, made of the latest Ggrrggian technology. Ggrrgg is a city that looks like it’s made of pure gold—decadent, built in the same fashion of Ancient Rome. The Roman guard does well to hide the advanced Ggrggian technology, which focuses on the ongoing war efforts and expansion into the neighboring galaxies.

In addition to the Long Three Way War*, Ggrrgg never wastes an opportunity to bring other planets under its glorious and enlightened rule.

An older woman moves out of the way! “Desmonius! Stop this behavior at once!”

“Let him be, Livia. You know it is the fashion for the young ones to learn how to fight. We need him strong and brave, ready to crush his opponents. Maybe one day he’ll be a consul like his father.”

The woman smiles at her husband and the two walk on.

The boy named Desmonius runs past his friends, although he stops short of an ally. He sees an old slave working tedious on a table outside, with various knickknacks and vials. “What are you doing, slave?” asks the boy.

“Ah, young master Desmonius. I am doing the work I once did in my home planet, where I was a free man. I was a thinker, and my profession was science!”

“Science? Surely a man of your stature would be wasting his time on science? Why weren’t you a warrior?”

“You are very bright, young one. But life on Ggrrgg has given you its own brand of wisdom. Come here and watch, as I work on this potion to heal my mistress. She is infected with cancerous cells throughout her intestines. The Ancient medicines of Earth have been perfected to create this simple potion, laced with the element ‘cobalt’, which directly destroys the cancerous cells and preserves life.”

“Cobalt?”

“Yes. War focuses on destroying life, young master. Science uses things such as cobalt to preserve it.”

quote:
Years before:

“You have to say something to him! This is getting completely out of control!”

“Livia! For Ggrrgg’s sake, relax! He’s a young man, doing what young men do.”

“He’s sleeping with every single woman or girl that crosses his path!”

“That is the way of our culture and you know it. You’ve never had any problem doing so yourself, or my doing so. Why our son? From what I hear in the bathhouses, he’s becoming a legend,” grinned the proud father.

“You think its funny, but its starting to be a problem. The girls don’t move on their marry way anymore, like the normal standard of Ggrrgg. They become crazy in their heads and start following him constantly. He’s had actual death threats! His sleeping with them is coming back to bite him on the ass!”

“Bah! Nonsense.”

“I personally took care of one girl myself—a slave girl, no matter. He doesn’t know though, which is a good thing. Because you don’t realize that he actually cares for these women. All of them! There’s the different between yourself and him, Marius. He doesn’t use them and leave them, as is the standard of Ggrrgg’s orgy ridden society. He is passionate and caring, and has feelings for them, and then they do for him.”

“Father? Mother? What is all this about?” said the young teenage Desmonius, entering the room.

“Nothing, son. Strictly politics. The Hephaestians are revolting again. As a show of our strength over them, I’ve ordered that all the Hephaestian slaves living on Ggrrgg by thrown in the fire pits. That should teach them a thing or two about challenging the power of Ggrrgg.”

“Firepits…? Hepheastians…? Father, you can’t be serious! You—father, Alchemious is a Hephaestian!”

“I know your fond of him, son, but I’ve already ordered it, two days ago. I didn’t want you to have to bear saying farewell. He’s been a good teacher to you, although I never quite understood your fascination with the sciences he teaches. Between that and these ladies that seem to be causing so much trouble, you’re hardly spending enough time practicing your training. You’re sloppy and you don’t seem to have any motivation. Maybe this will get you back into proper Ggrrggian mode.”

Stunned, the teenager stood there in silence.

“A harsh lesson, I know, but one we all must go through,” continued his father.

The young man looked at the sword hanging from his belt. Fire built into his heart…

He leaped at his father, pulling his sword out and preparing to kill him. Grabbing his father by the throat, he cocked his arm back for one plunge…

*Skkrtt* The blade grazed across young Desmonius’ back, just deep enough to sting him into falling to his knees. His mother wiped the blood away from her own sword, before it could stain her beautiful carpet. “You have overstepped your bounds…son,” was all she said.

The father looked at him, rage and curiosity in his face. He brought his hand up to his face—and swiftly brought it down backhanding his son. The carpets would be stained after all. The beating lasted one full hour.

quote:
LardLad approached Cobalt, slightly inebriated with his usual big grin, and immediately the young LMBers spirits lit up. Who knew what kind of craziness was about to be unleashed. Goon Boy and Loser Lad were on there way, and there was no voice of reason among this crowd.

“You have an urgent message. R. Engine Joe Brande would said its important,” said Lardy, adding “so hurry up, will’ya?”

Cobalt walked in, and standing next to the philanthropist was none other than his father, Marius Desmonius. “Son,” was all his father said.

“Father.”

Brande nodded, and walked out.

“What are you doing here?”

“I’ve come for you,” said the former consul. Cobalt said nothing. “What you are doing here…it is…very noble. I’m proud of you son, and so is your mother.”

“But.”

“But I’m asking you to come home to Ggrrgg. We…we’re at war, and we need every hand we can get. Our enemies, the Mind-Flyers and the Okaarians have formed an alliance, and they’re threatening to invade Ggrrgg. Son, I want you to be with your people during this time of war.”

“War. Its always war with Ggrrgg, isn’t it. When will it ever end…” he trailed off.

“Son, think of what your power can do! These magnetic abilities—they could be so useful on the battlefield! All tech has metal components, if—“

“Stop. So this is what this is about? A son of Ggrrgg, returning to his loving planet, or a potential major war weapon? They even sent their primary diplomat, the former consul of Ggrrgg. That its his own son is a stroke of pure luck. Get out. I never want to see you again, or that pitiful planet. I’ll have no part in your ways any longer.

quote:
Flashback

To: Cobalt Kid

Cobaltus, or whatever you call yourself,

Ggrrgg has been victorious in our war. Livia Drusilla, your mother, has been a casualty of this war. She did not die peacefully.

You have failed us.

quote:
[i]Final Flashback

A young man makes a promise he thought would last forever, and returns to his home planet. The dead are being buried in a massive ceremony, and the wife of a former Consul of Ggrrgg dying a martyr’s death is something that is glorified on a planet such as Ggrrgg.

Without the usual pomp and outlandishness that had come to characterize Cobalt Kid, he moves among the crowd, taking in all the sorrow. Above, he sees the funeral pyre of Livia Drusilla, his mother. One of the first things he can ever remember is her holding him and kissing a cut on his knee. One of the last things he can remember is her slashing his back with a short sword.

Up ahead, he sees his father.

“Father…I…”

“Get out. You have no place here,” says the father, staring into the fire.

“I…” Cobalt struggled to find the words, suddenly feeling more like a young nineteen year old than he had in a long time.

“You failed us. And you failed her. She’s dead now, because you’ve chosen to abandon your home planet. You have no place here on Ggrrgg, and never will again. Get out before I alert the Consul you are here—you’re wanted on Ggrrgg now for high treason. You’re dead to me…Cobaltus.”

He was snapped back into action as Crujeckie squeezed his hand tighter. It was time to get back to action. And once more, Cobalt reentered the capital city of Ggrrgg.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Ggrrgg

Cobalt walked through Ggrrgg complete with a full Ggrrggian uniform, armor, helmet, laser-sword and spear, with his face completely covered. Minutes earlier, he had ‘acquired the uniform’ from a Ggrrggian guard, as Spellbinder acquired the silk clothing of a Ggrrggian female, which covered beautifully in yellows and pinks. She had a scarf covering her face slightly, which was common on Ggrrgg, although her flowing beautiful blonde hair could be seen. But her athletic and voluptuous figure—famous throughout the universe—would keep any suspicious eyes away from her face.

They walked through the streets of Ggrrgg’s capital city, and the overwhelming emotions Cobalt felt earlier did not abate in the slightest. Instead, he focused on his telepathic link to Crujeckie and she eased the tension he felt, as she always did. There was no doubt to any who saw them, whether it their friends in the LMB or strangers who beheld them when they were pretending to be someone else, that these two were completely in love.

They walked among Ggrrgg proudly and confidently, which helped others to believe they were genuine Ggrrggian patricians. Suddenly, Crujectra, stopped short and put her hand to her forehead. She looked at Cobalt and smiled. “Of all the luck…” she said. “…you’re not going to believe whose thoughts I’ve picked up telepathically. Déjà Vu.”

Cobalt turned quickly. “Could it be a trap?”

“Not likely,” she replied, “she probably isn’t sure she’s doing it. Normally I would never be able to sense this, but because of my recent power boost [inset link here], I’m able to focus in on her and find her. This way,” she added and the two made their way down another busy street. They made their way quickly, some Ggrrggians taking notice of them, some not.

“Up there,” said Cobalt, “I recognize that man,” he added, unsure of who it was. Up ahead, they saw a plain looking individual ducking into what looked like a spa. “He’s not Ggrrggian…” he said, trying to figure out where he knew him from. The two rushed forward, and moved through the spa, seeing a host of unclothed individuals enjoying the waters and baths. They saw the man move out the back, as this was an open spa with large half-circle doorways that took up large portions of the walls.

They made their way out the back, to another alleyway that intersected with a more desserted alleyway. They saw the individual far off to the right and followed, to see him turn. He only had one option to run, but he choose not. At last, Cobalt recognized him.

“The Trumpeter!” he yelled to Spellbinder. “But here? Why, this isn’t even his universe!” he finished, rushing forward.

“He’s not running,” said Spellbinder, getting in position for a fight.

“No, I’m not,” replied the Trumpeter now in hearing distance. “I’m pleased you remember me. The last time we met, you could say I was a little…outnumbered,” he added, referring to the combined force of the SMB and LMB taking him down. “This time its quite the opposite,” he laughed, as he pulled forth his golden trumpet, and suddenly blew down, playing a bouncing note that caused a thunderous sound. Immediately, three beings phased into existence, as if the Trumpeter had some way to teleport them to him on a cue, and the four surrounded Spellbinder and Cobalt Kid.

“Look out Crujeckie,” said Cobalt, suddenly pulling a series of metallic debris around her, as Middlefinger VIII unleashed a cascade of death-photons upon her, which were deflected by the debris, although destroying it. Middlefinger again unleashed a blast at the two, as Déjà Vu fired her own laser at them.

“I don’t think so,” said Spellbinder, pushing forward with her telekinesis and knocking Déjà Vu backwards. “Your outclassed now dear,” she added.

Salad-Tosser Lord and the Trumpeter moved backwards, letting the fighting be done by their partners. “Do it now,” said Salad-Tosser Lord, “and then we have to leave before the Ggrrggians come,” he added.

The Trumpeter let loose another note, this one louder than before, so that anyone in ear-shot heard it. What the LMBers did not know was that this was a musical note designed to incite bezerker rage, and immediately, its effects were felt all around. The Trumpeter smiled, as Middlefinger and Déjà Vu ran backwards towards them. Cobalt and Spellbinder used their magnetism and telekinesis to block the four of them in.

“You’re not going anywhere,” said Spellbinder.

“On the contrary, dear princess,” replied the Trumpeter playing that same first note, and suddenly the four disappeared again, teleporting away.

“Aaaargh!” yelled Cobalt, as he launched forward the Ggrrggian spear he’d attained, using his magnetism to guide it, so that it ripped forward at lightning speed, and then suddenly it pierced Middlefinger’s armor, nailing her hand. But instantly, they were gone.

CLAP. CLAP. CLAP.

“An excellent shot,” they heard, as well as the slow clapping. They turned to see a cohort of angry Ggrrggians all around them, on the roofs, clearly having the upper ground. “Only two beings could have thrown it, and I am one…Cobalt Kid.” The man before them was in Ggrrggian armor except that he had no helmet, and he had a quiver full of spears over his back, which was unusual.

Suddenly the Ggrrggians rained fire down upon them, not asking for a surrender or explaining themselves. Over the noise, they could barely hear the man utter “you are hereby under arrest for treason against the Ggrrggian Empire. I, Pillum, order you to stand down.” Spellbinder put up a telekinetic shield around them, as Cobalt pulled out his Ggrrggian laser-sword, but FLAAAAAASH---instantly, they were knocked backwards.

Pillum had hurled one of his own spears, landing inches form the shield and emitting a tremendous electric current into the ground, causing the entire ground to shake and conduct the current into the two LMBers. They fell back instantly, both shaken for a second, which was all the Ggrrggans needed. Omni-chains were instantly upon them, as Ggrrggians piled on them, kicking and punching, whipping and slashing, until both were shackled, the nuero-inhibitors rendering their powers useless. In one last desperate attempt, Cobalt kicked a Ggrrggian in the nose, breaking it. The soldier was furious.

Pillum walked forward, and held him back. “Let me be the first to welcome you home, Cobalt Kid,” he said, then punching Cobalt directly in the nose as hard as he could, breaking the nose, and knocking him to the ground.

“You’ll pay for that,” said Spellbinder, in defiance.

“I think not,” said Pillum. “Come on now, consort of our hated traitor,” he said, as the two were dragged forward with the soldiers, “its time for you to finally meet your new family.”

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Ggrrgg

Eryk Davis Ester, Stealth and Marcus watched, on the ceremonial aspects of the meeting before them began to end, and the more serious matters began. Before them was the high-ranking Ggrrggian Senators, as well as the two Ggrrggian Counsels, their chief executives. Their guests were the head clergy of the Khanate of Sol Invictus, and the leading generals and warriors. Though they are impressive and fearsome, there is truly one leader of the Khanate of Sol Invictus, one man with any true power, and that is the High Priest Caracalla, whose rule of the Khanate is absolute. And now he stood before them all to see, taller and younger than one would think, and darker, and ferocious to behold.

Stealth hit Eryk’s arm, and pointed at Marcus, and at once, they could see that the young soldier was going into a blind rage. It was the Khanate of Sol Invictus that had destroyed the entire legion of Cobalt Kid’s armies that Marcus was a part of, and was responsible for the deaths of almost every friend he had ever known, including his own personal hero, Scipio Taltarus. It was the Khanate that Marcus wanted Cobalt, Eryk Davis Ester and the United Planets to invade, and for which he desired nothing but bloody, brutal revenge. And now upon seeing Caracalla, who scared both little children and adults before bedtime all across the UP, that he felt that rage coming forth.

“Steady Marcus,” said Eryk, “there’s nothing we can do yet. We’re outgunned immensely. Stay calm and watch on…we need to find out what’s happening here.”

Marcus grew red with rage, and now Stealth backed up a little, to watch the young soldier, not trusting him at all.

Ahead, the talks between Caracalla and the Ggrrggians began, and it was apparent that something awful had happened: Ggrrgg was now allied with the Khanate of Sol Invictus, which meant Ggrrgg could now literally decimate its enemies with the immeasurable power of the Khanate behind it, but even worse, Ggrrgg now provided an access point for the Khanate into all of the United Planets.

“Bloody Liberty,” said Stealth. “This is going to be awful…”

The Ggrrggians seemed overly arrogant and pompous, believing the Barbarians to be nothing more than a massive array of cannon-fodder, but it was Caracalla that was unnerving everyone. He seemed to be beyond precise in accomplishing this, and each word he spoke had a very definitive meaning, being perfectly chosen.

“No…” said Marcus, as his young mind began to unravel. Images of the Khanate marching on the UP via Ggrrgg and conquering entire planets were flooding through his mind. He wanted vengeance! He wanted DEATH! He reached for his spear, before Stealth and Eryk could react.

He hurled it forward, strait towards Caracalla. Caracalla smiled. “NO!” a scream was yelled, as a Khanate general leaped forward, and took the spear himself. Caracalla was a prophet to them, a divine presence in the universe. They would die for him.

“Marcus, you fool!” said Stealth, instantly smacking him across his head, and knocking him to the ground.

Immediately, the hosts of Ggrrgg and the Khanate of Sol Invictus turned towards the two LMBers and their trouble-making ally.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Ggrrgg

“Crujectra of Psyonia,” said the man in front of her. He was older, but in excellent physical condition, and extremely handsome. But he had a scowl about him, a vicious mean look that made his features look unappealing. “…of the House of Jectra. At last we meet. I am Marius Desmonius. Father to the traitor on your side.”

Spellbinder sat shackled before her host at a lavish table complete with wines and lush, exotic foods. To her right was Cobalt Kid, also shackled, but severely beaten and bruised. He was conscious though, his healing power kicking in, and he was silent, and intense fiery anger directed at his father.

“He too,” began Marius Desmonius again, “was once named Desmonius, but he has sworn to forego that name, and to abandon his people. So we will refer to him by Cobaltus, as is his wish. But that will be one of the few boons I grant him today.” Marius sat now in front of her, the rest of the very large table having empty seats. In the corner stood two silent guards, as well as the young soldier known as Pillum, who watched on. “Nothing to add, Cobaltus?”

Cobalt looked at him without changing his features. “Father…” he began, “…allow me to introduce you to Princess Crujectra, my true love in this world. I know you are aware of who she is, as it was both her and I that defeated Ggrrgg’s rather lame attempt at conquering Psyonia. I apologize that we did not see you that day, as I could not find you on the battlefield.” Cobalt’s words were icey and cold, and he did not smile.

Marius sat back now and stopped eating. He turned to Pillum in back of him. “You see Pillum, he has always been a thankless little bastard. A man of honeyed words when he knows little else can help him. He does not even try to help the so-called girl he loves.”

“This woman I love,” cut in Cobalt, “needs little help from me. Besides Crujeckie,” he said, now turning towards her, “my father has an odd habit of having my loved ones killed.” He turned back to his father. “Or did you think I’d ever forgive you for killing Naomi, the slave girl of my childhood? Of what of Alchemious? Of—“

“Or what of your mother, whom you choose not to defend before she was taken prisoner and then murdered?” replied his father. “But you have chosen not to defend your country and we both paid the ultimate price. It is for that reason, Cobaltus, that I have no intentions of trying to convince you to rejoin Ggrrgg, or to live her again, even with your precious royal Psyonian consort. Ggrrgg already has a new champion, and he stands behind me.”

Cobalt looked at Pillum. “This is where my friend Lucien Lad would probably say ‘yawn’.”

Pillum walked forward with his spear out, and reached across the table, smashing in Cobalt’s nose again, so blood splashed on him, and Crujectra. “I would love for the chance to show you, ‘Legionnaire’”.

“What is it you want?” said Spellbinder, her anger only slightly being kept calm.

“I want his magnetism,” said Marius, “and then I want him to die. I want him to die in front of you in fact, Psyonian scum,” he added, throwing down his food and standing up. “The pleasure was all mine Princess,” he said with a scowl, looking at Cobalt and saying “goodbye boy.” He began to walk out of the room.

“ENOUGH!” said Spellbinder suddenly, her voice growing loud and deep with anger. Suddely, one of the armed guards grabbed Pillum from behind, as the other walked to Spellbinder. The shackles were strong indeed, and her powers were inhibited, but this was no ordinary super-heroine. This was Princess Crujectra of Psyonia, and her power was as immense as her willpower. The two guards were under her control and one began to undue her shackles.

“Fools!” said Pillum, pulling a spear and running it through the guard attacking him. He turned towards the other and hurtled it towards his head, instantly decapitating him and knocking him onto the balcony behind, and then over it to the streets below. He pulled another spear out.

“Too late,” said Spellbinder, suddenly hurling the entire table telekinetically forward at Pillum, as the room began to swirl with debris. “I’ve got you Cobie…” she said, pulling the shackles off him telekinetically.

“Appreciated,” he said, lunging forward without hesitation, the blood still wet on his face, “and I’ll get him,” he added, tackling Pillum to the ground while he was too distracted to see him coming. Instantly, Cobalt cocked his fist back and punched Pillum hard in the face—as hard as he could. “Don’t like it do you?” he said, adding another punch, then another.

More guards ran in, and Spellbinder knocked them outside backwards with another telekinetic blast.

Pillum pulled Cobalt forward, flipping him away, with a yell. “A cheap way to fight…” he said, pulling out a spear.

“Please Pillum, if you’re not cheating in a fight, you’re not a Ggrrggian,” he said, getting to his feet and magnetically pulling Pillum’s spear right from his hands.

“Fool!” yelled Marious Desmonius suddenly, who leapt onto Cobalt’s back. “You will pay for your mother’s death!”

“NO FATHER!” said Cobalt, swinging around and grabbing his own father by the throat. “All of Ggrrgg should pay, for all of your horrific war-mongering ways! Would that you could live in peace, then my mother would never have died.”

“You’re weak…” said Marius through the choke hold. Suddenly, Pillum was on Cobalt, the pointed end of a spear about to pierce his back.

“Not today!” said Spellbinder, knocking them all backwards telekinetically. “This isn’t over,” she said to them all, “but we must go Cobie, more forces are on their way.”

Instantly he knew she was right. “No, its not over,” he said, looking at his father, as Pillum hurled another spear at them, which Cobalt swatted away magnetically. Spellbinder and Cobalt Kid flew out the window once more. “Not by a long shot.”

[ July 20, 2007, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Ggrrgg

The Ggrrggians troopers and hordes of the Khanate of Sol Invictus moved forward, and instantly, the situation was rendered helpless for Eryk Davis Ester, Stealth and Marcus, who now got back up to his feet, following Stealth’s knocking him down.

“Thanks Marcus,” she said dryly, “just how I pictured my final moments.”

“Jeepers!” said Eryk, “this is going to suck!” Suddenly, his pet Luck Lord appeared for him. Suddenly, Eryk stepped backwards over a loose rock, and tumbled backwards, unaware that they had been pushed to the very edges of the top of the coliseum, where they had been spying. Out of instinct, he grabbed hold of Stealth and Marcus and all three fell backwards, off into the air.

Right into the arms of Cobalt Kid and Spellbinder. “Wow, what luck!” said Eryk with a laugh, at being saved. Spellbinder shook her head with a laugh.

“I take it you’ve kicked off a war, then?” said Cobalt to Stealth with a grin, as he held her and Marcus each with his arms.

“Soldier boy here did,” she said. “We’ve got to go now—things are about to get very rough in this sector of the universe.”

The five of them flew as fast as they could to the LMB cruiser Spellbinder and Cobalt had landed outside the city.

Marcus said nothing at all, his embarrassment and guilt now fully encompassing his every thought for his stupid actions back at the coliseum.

“Look!” said Stealth, “already, an armada is leaving Ggrrgg. Its begun.”

“What’s begun?” said Cobalt.

“Come inside Cobie,” said Eryk, “we’ve got a lot to talk about. And we’ll need Kid Marvel and Rockhopper Lad on the line.”

In the Capital City
As the troops of Ggrrgg and the Khanate of Sol Invictus filed out towards their space-cruisers, Caracalla looked on briefly, and then moved to the quarters the Ggrrggians had prepared him.

A priest took his ceremonial robe off for him. Caracalla turned to the priest, speaking “contact Elagabolus. This will be his greatest moment, where he is unleashed on the world. He will lead this battle. Now leave me.”

As the priest left, Caracalla turned to an empty spot. “Well?” he said.

The image of the Trumpeter faded in. “We believe we know where it is now,” said the Trumpeter, “and we’ll have it soon. The Ggrrggians and the Kerissians are unaware of us at this time.”

“Good, they will remains so,” said Caracalla. “The Psionic Spear will prove quite useful, but only to the Khanate of Sol Invictus.”

END CHAPTER THREE

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Chapter Four: Statistics

Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

Roll Call: Kid Marvel (LMB Leader), Rockhopper Lad (LMB Deputy Leader), Nightcrawler (Legion World Founder)

Legion World

Kid Marvel and Rockhopper Lad sat down at the LMB Meeting Room, although they were the only two present for the time being. On the monitor screen before them was a split of two images:

Weber’s World
Ambassador Relnic, famed politician, Admiral Cornwallis of the United Planets Space Fleets, as well as Faraway Lad, Quislet Esq. and mediators Bevruck Jespers and Antiquated Forms of Communications Lass.

Deep Space
Cobalt Kid, Eryk Davis Ester, Spellbinder and Stealth.

“Go ahead Eryk,” said Rockhopper Lad. As he spoke, Nightcrawler suddenly *bamfed* into the room, and Kid Marvel waved him over to join them.

“Its not only bad, its horrible,” began Eryk. “I’ll give you the strait facts: The Khanate of Sol Invictus has struck an alliance with Ggrrgg, and has began landing their military forces on Ggrrgg’s borders. Both planets intend to invade Kerissia, rendering the diplomatic talks useless. Ggrrgg’s intentions are obvious, while one can only assume the Khanate wants to use Ggrrgg as an entry point into the United Planets. As you know, the ‘Triangle’ is a very convenient military position in tactical terms, as it acts as a triangular spearhead into a rich part of the UP. Ggrgg’s borders are very close to the Khanate’s.”

“My God,” said Ambassador Relnic. “Then all of this was for nothing.”

“Well, we know about it now. Rally your soldiers Triumvirs and we’ll join you,” said Cornwallis. “We have to intervene.”

“I’m sorry Admiral,” said Eryk, “but Cobalt and I no longer have soldiers. We have our Knights, and they are in the Contested Territories—it would be impossible to bring them now this far away. The UP Military would have to intervene without us…”

“…and even then that may not be legal or welcome,” said Quislet, who was standing next to the Admiral. “Kerissia has been kicked out of the United Planets. They may not welcome us.”

“But, something must be done,” said Kid Marvel back on Legion World. “All that death…”

“We can blockade the Khanate forces,” said Relnic, “but apparently a great many are already in the Triangle.”

“There is one thing, though,” said Cobalt Kid. “If the LMB were to enter the triangle, they could make some difference…”

“…especially if the UP had no idea that they were doing so. Acting without authorization and all that,” said Faraway Lad now. “It might be enough, and could get the ball rolling diplomatically.

The Admiral looked at Relnic. Relnic was nodding. “…yes, that could work…”

“I’ll send a squadron ASAP,” said Kid Marvel, “we should be involved in this. I’ll let you know our plans shortly. Legion World, OUT.” Kid Marvel turned off the monitor screen and looked at the Nightcrawler and Rockhopper Lad. Matlock and Lash Lad had joined the meeting at one point, both authorized to do so.

“I’ll lead a team,” said Rockhopper Lad. “We’ll need to get there fast, its going to be all about timing. The Khanate can’t be allowed to dictate policy in that sector.”

“I’m going with you,” said Kid Marvel, suprising them all. “My power will be needed, and I’m more of a hands on, rush in without clearance leader anyway. We can both go.”

The other three looked at him, the obvious question being ‘what of Legion World?’, though all knew the answer.

Kid Marvel smiled. “You’ll be here Nighty, and can take over duties of the LMB on Legion World. And there are a lot of past leaders present on Legion World right now that can help out. I think we should be alright.”

“I’m going to come with you too,” said Matlock.

“You are Matt?” said Rockhopper, surprised. “This seems more like an ‘intergalactic war mission’ than anything.”

“I’m not so sure,” replied the Galaxy’s Greatest Detective. “There’s something fishy about this whole situation, something odd going on at Weber’s World, especially in terms of that assassination attempt. I’m going to join Faraway and Quis and check it out. Abin’s out in space too right now, but between Arachne and Invisible Brainiac, the Security Office is in good hands.”

“You’ll have no complaints from me,” said Kid Marvel, looking at Nightcrawler.

“Or me,” said Nighty, “you’re usually right in these matters anyway,” he smiled.

“Its settled,” said Rockhopper. “Let’s figure out who to take and make our move…”

[ March 09, 2007, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Kerissia

Before a genuine reaction could come from the United Planets, the surrounding sectors of space, or even Kerissia itself, the combined armies of Ggrrgg and the Khanate of Sol Invictus was on the move. Ggrrgg’s chief generals lead their large armada’s, their mastery of weaponry and war evident in ever efficient move they made.

At the head of the Khanate of Sol Invictus’s armies was the Emperor himself, Elagabolus. Though Caracalla served as regent, the young Emperor had finally reached an age that both he and Caracalla deemed battle worthy, now that he was fifteen. He was taller than most men already, and had a lean, muscular look to him, from endless training for the last four years. Indeed, these last four years had been leading to this moment. His bald, tattooed appearance seemed odd and foreign to all, and there was something utterly magnificent and terrifying to him. A constant, pulsating red glow emitted from both hands, and none near him completely understood how awful and how powerful that glow could be. Elagabolus was a nexus of magic in the universe, a random magical act of nature that only occurred every few centuries. And he could unleash the pure power of true destruction.

Kerissia’s satellites were among some of the best in the world, their power of technology extremely proficient in the satellite’s construction. However, though they could detect the oncoming march, they could do little to rally their troops in time. Instead, the armies banded together and mobilized as best they could, with Princess Tarina at the forefront. Arming their war-buildings as one massive anti-siege engine, and then loading their armada with soldiers to man them, they too prepared for war.

And so it began, in an age where interstellar travel was near-instantaneous and weapons were decisive to the point of being ludicrous, that the Siege of Kerissia began.

Immediately, Kerissia casualties were heavy.

Immediately, the Ggrrggians were complete in the conquering and the violation of Kerissia.

Immediately, Elagabolus unleashed his power upon Kerissia, in a way that hand not been seen in living memory.

[ March 09, 2007, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Deep Space, The Triangle of Death
An LMB Cruiser flew at top speed, making the pilgrimage from Ggrrgg to Psyonia with as much haste as could be given for interstellar travel. The journey was relatively quick in comparison to other space travel, but it would not be quick enough.

Cobalt Kid and Spellbinder held hands, while Stealth and Eryk Davis Ester piloted the cruiser. They knew full well at this point that Ggrrgg and the Khanate of Sol Invictus had begun their invasion of Kerissia, and had caught the Kerissians completely unaware, under the assumption of a temporary halt of hostilities for the peace talks. Marcus, the UP soldier, felt only the venom of hate in his veins towards the Khanate of Sol Invictus, as well as the terror of knowing he would soon be immersed in the horror of war.

Kerissia
Ggrrggians troops unleashed the full weight of their military might on the capital city, firing with their star vessels at the most important centers of Kerissian culture. Pillum, whose reputation as a Ggrrggian that was reminiscent of the war-masters of old, led the attack, and he unleashed his lances and spears upon all Kerissians—soldiers and civilians alike. It was the scientists though, who held the highest esteem in Kerissian culture, that Pillum took the greatest pleasure it mercilessly killing.

In the suburban areas of Kerissia, the people were not spared either, as the Khanate of Sol Invictus, which had been held back for so long now, at last unleashed its full might on the people of Kerissia. Their numbers were endless and their ferocity a force unseen in many an era. They truly lived up to the hysteria that had been rampant in the UP since the creation of the larger entity known as the Khanate, and the ‘barbarian’ title that had been harshly given to them was now embraced as a way to repay the United Planets for that insult. No one was spared: civilians, workers, men, women, children, the old, the infirm.

At the front of the Khanate of Sol Invictus’ armies was Elagabolus, who unleashed wave after wave of deadly power that caused panic and fear, pain and despair, but ultimately death.

Princess Tarina immediately rallied her soldiers and prepared for the arrival of her enemies, and at once began to battle back, as the invasion began, continued, and then grew ever more grim for Kerissia. Though she had seen many battles before, she reached a point where she realized the full extent of this new alliance and what it meant for her people and her planet, as great fires began to burn away important parts of her culture, and some of the greatest technology the universe had ever seen was instantly lost to the madness of war.

Tarina fought on in a way that the Ggrrggians found to be glorious for an enemy, and they instantly envied and loved her, and knew that they must destroy her to win their own glory. With the full power over light, she vanquished cadre after cadre of Ggrrggians troops, but their numbers were overwhelming. They were a war-machine, after all, and they had prepared for this for many a year. Eventually, Pillum’s elite battalions were able to overcome her, and she was brought down, her light energy neutralized after so much of it had been spent. Pillum knew a great nemesis when he saw one and ordered his troops to leave her be, and to have her captured and imprisoned—not to be executed in battle. Her fate should be dealt with after the battle. The rest of her royal family, however diluted the bloodline had become in various directions, were to be executed in battle during the invasion—no exceptions.

Tarina’s fall marked the last turning point in the invasion, though its conclusion was inevitable from the beginning. Kerissia began to fall.

[ March 09, 2007, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Kerissia

With the Kerissians falling back and their defeat becoming more and more apparent, it was then that Pillum ordered the Ggrrggians to fall back into the atmosphere of space, complete with a large number of P.O.W.s, including important scientists, diplomats and wealthy individuals (with assets outside of Kerissia). These, of course, included the prize captive, Princess Tarina.

It was now that the Khanate of Sol Invictus became the complete conquering force on Kerissia and unleashed a fervor and madness upon the people of that planet that brought the realization of every great fear that the UP ever had concerning this new entity comprised of so many great enemies. The Khanate’s forces fought as one with their horrifying butchery and ever battle each soldier had lost in the past decade was paid in full here on this day.

It was then that Elagabolus, their Emperor and their Deity, stepped forth once more, and unleashed his power and presence upon all those left standing.

-

Red power glowed all around him, and sparked from his hands visibly, so that all those that saw him fled in terror. Wave after wave of power he unleashed, and brought destruction and death with each cascade. The magical power burnt flesh from bone and steel from earth, leaving nothing but slag and debris in its wake. The soldiers cheered him on, believing this to be a moment of great Holy importance, as their deliverer finally had made his presence known to the world. Truly, they believed, they were cementing their spot in heaven, by fighting by the side of the divine son of Sol Invictus. Truly they were reaching a point of divinity on their own.

At last, Elagabolus unleashed one final torrent of energy along the entire planet side, reaching out hundreds, if not thousands, of kilometers all around him, creating a frenzy of destruction too horrifying to comprehend. Instantly, hundreds of thousands were dead and debris was left in the wake of a great culture. This boy was a boy no more, for any vestige of youthful innocence was long since lost. Whatever morality there was once in this boy had been destroyed by Caracalla and he could no longer be seen as an innocent being used by the evil priest. For now he was truly guilty, complicit in the mass murder of a people and a culture, and he reveled in it with great enthusiasm and glory. Elagabolus was a man now, and terrible was he to behold.

[ March 09, 2007, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The ruined planet-side of Kerissia
The horror felt when such tragedies occur is unexplainable, but the ability to deal with it is not. One goes numb, one dulls the pain, and one turns to analysis and facts to push back emotions and sheer pain. Hundreds of thousands dead—no, millions. How can one comprehend such atrocity? You must turn to analysis; you must get a sense of what it is. Those lives that were lost—the outrage for each and everyone would be too great. So they become numbers and statistics, too terrible to truly behold, though one knows that justice must follow, vengeance must be swift. For the horror does not go away, it is just filtered.

One lone LMB cruiser rushed through the armada, firing away, hoping to breach the atmosphere even as the war reached its conclusion. A stalemate lasting for 87 years had fallen ended, and ended with the complete destruction of a planet and a people. The four LMBers, Cobalt Kid, Spellbinder, Eryk Davis Ester and Stealth watched with cold, calculating eyes, surveying the damage and trying to see what good could be done to help but an end to it. Each one wanted to scream and yell, to cry and curse, to use whatever power they could to have bloody, equally horrific justice and vengeance. But they did none of those things and looked on in horror.

Marcus, their companion continued to grow queasy, sickened by the events, unable to turn his eyes towards the monitors. He vomited and he quivered visibly, though none said anything. He felt ashamed of his terror, disgusted by his inability to watch-on. Spellbinder tried to calm him telepathically, but his thoughts let her know that should one of them speak to him directly, the shame he’d feel might break him.

The United Planets Military moved into the Triangle of Death, whether invited or not, and prepared to mobilize against Ggrrgg and the Khanate of Sol Invictus. Admiral Cornwallis was there himself, leading the forces, as the UP numbers had come out in force. This was not a direct act of war towards the United Planets, but there would be little need for one of those now. Cornwallis wanted to fire back immediately, hoping dearly that the ‘political game’ would not take hold now and some genuine fighting could begin between the two great entities.

A squadron of LMBers were silent and grim: Kid Marvel (leader), Rockhopper Lad (deputy leader), Varalent, Caliente, Fat Cramer and Outdoor Miner.

“Rocky, you’re in charge,” said Kid Marvel, “I’m going out there.” His fury was obvious to all. He wanted to give the enemy a show of force.

“Wait Joey,” said Rockhopper Lad. “What does the wisdom of Solomon tell you?”

Kid Marvel waited, and then hesitated. At last he spoke. “I…I know. The war is over. We have to see what happens next.” He slammed hand on a table, smashing it. “But there will be a reckoning.”

No LMBer disputed that point.

Wynthia
As the horror of the genocide was made known throughout the United Planets, the attention of anyone involved was turned towards what was once Kerissia, and those seen as their principal attackers, Ggrrgg. But it was the third member of this long three way war that had a special guest arrive at this time. The Mind-Flayers of Wynthia welcomed Caracalla, the High Priest of the Black Sun and true ruling force of the Khanate of Sol Invictus to their planet, as well as this entourage of clerics.

Deep Space, Xandria Asteroid Belt
“An entire people, wiped out?” asked Salad-Tosser Lord. “Then Caracalla was mad, as we guessed,” he finished. “What use is there for such mass death? All that technology, that science gone…” He turned to his allies, the Trumpeter, Déjà Vu and Middlefinger VIII. They were all gathered aboard a cruiser, leaving the infamous sector of space known as the Triangle of Death on their rear border, into the Xandria Asteroid Belt.

“It means little to us,” said the Trumpeter coldly, “we have what we came for. Information and accurate history, which the UP in this universe seemed to be lacking. We were able to get it before we left.”

“We have a location,” said Déjà Vu as if to clarify the Trumpeter. “You have information and an accurate history which you have not shared with us yet,” she added. “All we know is we are looking for the Psionic Spear and I can only assume that is where we are heading.” She was obviously a woman who did not like being played for a fool or used as a pawn.

“You are quite right,” said the Trumpeter. “Soon, it will be in our grasp.”

[ March 14, 2007, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The ruined planet-side of Kerissia
“Up ahead,” said Stealth, “that cruiser there. Its obviously an important Ggrrgg by the standards displayed on its side. Damn arrogance of these people…” she said, forgetting that Cobalt was right next to her. He said nothing, because he agreed. “Its one of the last ones still down here planet-side, and I think we should pay it a little visit…”

“I think you’re right,” said Cobalt Kid, as the cruiser flew up towards the larger star-ship.

“You don’t have to come for this Marcus,” said Eryk Davis Ester. “You should probably stay here in the cruiser.”

“No way,” said Marcus coldly, with little trace of his earlier emotions intact. “You’ll need all the help you can get,” he added.

“Fine,” said Eryk, knowing there was little time for debate. Immediately, Spellbinder was opening the back hatch, and using her telekinesis, pulled the LMB cruiser right next to the star-ship, letting Cobalt rip it open magnetically, as the LMBers went inside.

“Okay, lets move,” said Eryk and the five moved forward. “We need to find out what’s happening now and what the rest of the plans are for Ggrrggians and the Khanate.”

“Split up again?” said Cobalt to Eryk, and Erky mulled it over for a second.

“Probably a good idea,” he said finally. “You go with Crujeckie again Cobie, I’ll go with Stealth,” he said, then looking at their fifth companion, “and Marcus. Come on.”

Eryk, Stealth and Marcus moved along the edges of the corridors looking to find the main command center, and began to pick up that trail. “Up ahead,” Stealth whispered and saw a plethora of large monitors in front of them.

“Sir, we have a ship leaving our armadas now, trying to pierce through our Ggrrggian borders. They have refused to respond to radio transmissions, but they are sending us their codename, ‘Starship Cacophony’.”

“That’s the ship that the Khanate has asked us to allow leave. Go ahead and let it, I remember Caracalla being very specific about this. It serves some special purpose in our war.”

“That’s the Trumpeter’s ship,” said Stealth, referring to their earlier pursuit of him. “Should we follow it?”

“Follow it?” said Marcus, “we need to be here, for the war,” he said, catching himself before he raised his voice. “We need to fight back against these Ggrrggians and Barbarians. We can’t leave now.”

“The war is over,” said Stealth, “and there will be fighting back, trust me. The LMB and the UP are probably engaging as we speak.” She turned to Eryk. “But the Trumpeter is playing some important role here, you even heard the commander say it. We followed him a bit already, and we know something is up. Perhaps we should continue?”

Eryk thought about it quickly, knowing this was no easy decision. “Jeepers…” he whispered, and in an instant, all three disappeared.

The Luck Lord had known which path would provide them with the best means of proceeding and had teleported them aboard a Ggrrggian stealth cruiser in the docking bay of the larger starship. Immediately, the engine began to roar without assistance as the luck lord ‘helped’ it along in starting up. “Looks like we follow…” said Eryk.

Elsewhere aboard the ship
Spellbinder and Cobalt Kid moved along the corridors in opposite directions and recognized that they were descending deeper into the starship, obviously not going towards the command center. “That’s good,” said Cobalt to Spellbinder, “we should check for P.O.W.s. The Ggrrggians have a penchant for taking back slave prizes, and we can free them now.”

“I think you’re right Cobie,” said Crujectra, “up ahead there…I can feel a wave of agony. There are definitely some non-soldiers,” she said, feeling an intense pain in her head at the silent screams and pain being felt by those captured up ahead.

They rounded the corner to see a number of prison cells, over packed with Kerissians. This was not the ship holding Princess Tarina however, who had long since begun her journey as a prisoner to Ggrrgg.

Anger flared up in both Spellbinder and Cobalt Kid, who immediately used their magnetism and telekinesis to rip apart the cells, freeing the prisoners. Spellbinder calmed them telepathically, as they moaned and yelled.

“Its no use,” said a voice, as the Ggrrggian soldier known as Pillum stepped forward. “You can’t free them all. Not with two against an entire Legion.”

Cobalt’s anger caused him to grow beat red. “You obviously have no idea which two you are talking to!” he said, immediately hurling a jolt of magnetic force at Pillum, who ducked only slightly and was still knocked off to the side. “You bastard!” said Cobalt moving forward.

Pillum hurled an explosive spear at Cobalt, who moved to the side, but not realizing it would explode, was knocked back by the blast.

“To the back people!” said Spellbinder. “To the back! Find an exit, even if its miles above the Earth! I will guide you down to the planetside!” she yelled, trying to find a way to both save the people and help Cobalt in battle.

Cobalt got back up immediately, some minor burns on his costume. “I owed you for before,” he said, “but that was before THIS! Look at the destruction you’ve helped cause!” he yelled. Pulling a piece of metal to him, to use as his own spear.

“Please,” said Pillum, slashing down with a razorsharp spear of his own that had a spiked tip that could be used for slashing as well. Cobalt blocked it with his own spear. “These were Kerissian scum. They deserved it.”

“Aaargh!” said Cobalt, yanking Pillum’s spear from him magnetically, and then forcing him backwards. “You’re everything I hate about Ggrrgg. But here’s something you don’t get. I have magnetism as my power, you pompous jerk. You may be a better spearman than me, but I don’t care! I don’t need it!” he said, hurling Pillum’s own explosive spear above his head at the ceiling. “My accuracy is unmatched by all of Ggrrgg’s Sons, even you,” he said calmly, as the spear hit the above ceilings water mane, causing it explode downwards, falling over Pillum, and knocking him back down. “And I don’t care about fair fights, and I don’t care about glory in battle. I care about stopping people like you,” he finished, using his magnetism to rip open the floor below Pillum, so that the electric wires came loose, and once ripped apart, sent a painful current through the water, instantly electrifying Pillum terribly, and rendering him inert and unconscious.

As the Ggrrggian soldier lingered near death, Cobalt walked over slowly, knelt by his side and used his healing power on him. “I’m no killer either,” he said quietly, “though you deserve it. But I don’t feel sorry for the pain you just felt…consider it a taste of the retribution I hope finds you some day,” he adding, picking Pillum up and carrying him forward.

“HALT!” he heard, as Ggrrggian troopers stormed towards him.

“Not today!” yelled Spellbinder, reentering the fray, and knocking them all backwards telekinetically. “I’ve freed them all Cobie, and they’re safe. Let’s get out of here while we can,” she said, realizing that with their cover blow, they had little chance. “Eryk sent us a message, he’s off the ship. We can go!”

The two ran town the corridor to a hole blown through the bottom of the ship by Spellbinder earlier. “You’re taking him?” she said to Cobalt, who still carried Pillum.

“Yes,” he said calmly, “Ggrrgg’s favorite son will at least pay for some of Ggrrgg’s crimes, even if it means Ggrrgg’s least favorite had to bring him in.”

Spellbinder grabbed her arm around Cobalt and both used their powers to fly down to the planet-side of Kerissia, to see its ravaged form once more. It was virtually inhabitable now. All of this horror and destruction, and only one enemy actually caught to be held accountable.

END CHAPTER FOUR

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Chapter Five: Allies and Enemies

Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image
Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

Roll Call: Kid Marvel, Emerald Varalent, Caliente, Fat Carmer, Outdoor Miner

“They’re pulling out,” said Admiral Cornwallis to Kid Marvel and Rockhopper Lad. “Just when I was ready to send in you LMBers, we’re getting word that they’re pulling out. Unbelievable!” he added with a yell. “The cowards.”

“But why?” said Rockhopper Lad. “Where are they pulling to?” The Admiral was assembled with the LMBers and some officers and news had just been received. Cobalt Kid and Spellbinder were also with them, a day having passed after Pillum had been officially arrested.

“We aren’t sure…” said one officer. “…but close to their own border with Kerissia. The destruction Elagabolus caused was so complete that the planet can virtually no longer sustain life, and will soon be a lifeless husk. There is no need for the Ggrrggians to claim it now.”

“Sickening…” said Caliente to Outdoor Miner.

“There’s some more to the intel,” said one officer reading the report. “The armies are splitting. There appears to be some sort of religious ceremony to celebrate the victory. The Khanate of Sol Invictus has asked for a brief interlude to their plans to celebrate it, and so the armies are splitting up. They appear to be relatively close.”

“The Ggrrggians must hate that,” said Cobalt to Spellbinder.

“But they know they need the Khanate to be victorious,” she replied back. Neither had spoken about the horror they saw, but simply relied on each other’s strength via their telepathic link. What had started out as a simple little stop-off to say hello had turned into a series of days worth of horrible trauma.

Rockhopper Lad put his hands on both their shoulders, and turned to Kid Marvel. “So the hostilities are temporarily ceased,” he said, letting Kid Marvel finish.

“Meaning we have the perfect opportunity to do some good,” he said. “Should we infiltrate the armies? They’re large enough were even we would not be able to finish them off.”

“Perhaps we could turn towards Ggrrgg?” said Fat Cramer suddenly, “and use the head to our advantage in disposing of the body?”

“Yes,” said Cobalt, suddenly enthused, “I’ve been concerned about the Kerissian P.O.W.s since we left. There are sure to be a great deal of them arriving at Ggrrgg soon. There could be a way to find intel and free some of them, combining the two missions…” he said, turning to the leader and deputy leader.

They knew what was being asked, and how dangerous and how risky it was. Not only was it tactically incredibly difficult, it was an international act of war between the LMB an Ggrrgg, and could only serve to complicate things. But in the end, it was something that would be the right thing to do, and it could boost the morale of the entire UP, which both Kid Marvel and Rockhopper Lad knew. “I’ll lead the team,” said Kid Marvel, “with all of us, including Cobie and Crujeckie,” finished. Cobalt was grateful for JoeBoy’s style of leadership, as many other leaders might feel that he (and Crujeckie) were already too personally involved. But Joey was giving them the chance to see this through. “Rockhopper, you stay here and act as a hub between us, Weber’s World, the UP military and Legion World. Be ready to join us en route at any time.”

“I’ve already contacted Abin Quank,” said Rockhopper Lad. “He’s not exactly in the area, but he can make it soon if we need him. He and I can join you later on.”

“Great,” said Kid Marvel. “Everyone get your stuff together. We’ll leave soon.”

Weber’s World
There was no ceremony this time, as Faraway Lad and Quislet, Esq. waited for the arrival of their latest LMB guest on Weber’s World. In fact, there was hardly anyone around at all, besides the two LMBers and one lone science police officer who said little. And so very few were aware or the arrival of Matlock, famed super-detective, to Weber’s World.

“Matt,” said Faraway Lad, “well met. Welcome to Weber’s World.”

“Hungry Matt?” said Quis, “or thirsty?”

“I could use a cup of coffee Quis,” replied Matlock. “How’s it going?”

“Well, the peace talks are pretty much over now, I’m afraid,” he said. “And all the ambassadors want to leave, but fear for their safety if they leave their quarters, so are not.”

“At the end of the day, old friend, it appears this is a bust,” said Faraway solemnly.

“Well,” said Matlock, “that’s too bad. But the ambassadors will be useful at least,” he added, “when we try to crack who exactly the mole is on Weber’s World that allowed all this atrocity to happen…”

[ March 14, 2007, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Deep Space, Xandria Asteroid Belt

A tiny Ggrrggian crusader fled through the asteroid belt, maneuvering swiftly, as once more, the trio of Eryk Davis Ester, Stealth and Marcus followed the elusive Trumpeter and his companions. “Keep your eyes out,” reminded Stealth again, “we really have no idea where they could be going.”

“Or what they could be doing,” said Eryk now. “Its still a bit of a mystery, after all, what the Trumpeter is doing here, or how he fits in.”

Marcus turned to him. “Or why we’re wasting out time chasing him. The Khanate of Sol Invictus is the real enemy here.”

“Marcus, are you that blind?” said Stealth, “have you been paying attention at all? Obviously, all of this is connected in some way, and we need to find out how.”

“Yes,” said Eryk, “and who knows what. Because I don’t believe Ggrrgg is aware that the Khanate of Sol Invictus has struck an alliance with the Trumpeter to complete some task. So the destruction of Kerissia, though terrible, is not the main goal of our enemies. We need to find out what that is.”

“For Ggrrgg, its simple,” said Marcus. “The elimination of their two enemies and then the chance to expand their empire again,” he continued, trying to show Stealth and Eryk that he was thinking logically. “For the Khanate, and really, Caracalla,” he added, knowing they would be glad to hear he was paying attention, “it’s the chance to dominate the Triangle, as it makes the perfect entry point into the UP. Its military strategy through and through. The Trumpeter is probably helping them get a weapon to achieve that.”

“Yes,” said Eryk, “I’m glad you have been paying attention,” he added. “Now we just have to find out what this Psionic Spear is…”

Elsewhere, in the deep space of the Xandria Asteroid Belt
“It should be ahead, if the intel you collect is correct,” said the Trumpeter to Déjà Vu.

“It is, Trumpeter,” she said. “I’m sure of it. I know the difference between forgery and real information. The Kerissians and the Ggrrggians had whole storages full of old documents and the like, but never bothered to check them, too consumed with their own follies.”

“And the Library at Xandia Asteroid Belt has remained hidden for all of these years,” said Salad-Tosser Lord. “Amazing. With a wealth of information to be found there.”

“Much more than information,” said the Trumpeter. “Real power. When Caracalla approached us with his spies,” he said to Salad-Tosser Lord, “his plan sounded simple enough. Learn about the Psionic Spear and how it can be used to our advantage and retrieve it for me, and you will be rewarded with whatever means and tools you need to carry out your plans in the United Planets.”

Salad-Tosser Lord nodded. “How he found us remains a mystery,” he said, “though it is impressive.” Salad-Tosser Lord was convinced that the Trumpeter was the one to initiate such an alliance.

“But the Spear is so much more than a simple artifact to be used in war! It has vast power and can be very useful. And it’s the secret history of it that one might harness to good use,” he said.

“Yes, such a history remains hidden from us,” said Déjà Vu, slightly annoyed, though pretending to be much more so. “We know it is the reason the three planets were at war for so long, that it divided them. But we know little else, or how this ‘secret history’ can be useful to us.”

“We have all already assumed you mean to steal the Spear for yourself, Trumpeter,” said Middlefinger VIII speaking for the first time in this conversation. She was usually very quiet and careful of her words. “There has to be much more to it than that,” she added.

He smiled at the three of them. “It will be in my grasp soon enough,” he said, “…and then you will see.”

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Wynthia
 -

The Mind-Flayers

“It appears then, my friends,” said the High Priest Caracalla, “that all of our planning was worthwhile and our alliance has born fruit.” Some of the Mind-Flayers silently laughed with a telepathic gurgle that seemed sickening and terrible. “Phase one is complete and phase two begins now.” The High Priest eyes grew black with anticipation. Though he was outnumbered twenty to one in this room, they were far more scared of him, than he was of them.

Telepathically, the Mind-Flayers agreed, and the alliance between the Mind-Flayers of Wynthia and the Khanate of Sol Invictus remained intact.

Ggrrgg
“Let’s move fast,” said Outdoor Miner, as he suddenly ported Varalent, Fat Cramer, Cobalt Kid and Caliente into a dark corner of a long, dark corridor in the dungeons below the capital city of Ggrrgg. All four were covered in cloaks, although Vee and Fat Cramer quickly did not need them. Vee shrunk immediately so he was hidden from plain view, and Fat Cramer turned into her feline form, shrinking down to cat-size so Vee could get on her back.

“Stay here, you two,” said Vee to Cali and Cobalt, as Outdoor Miner teleported away, “and we’ll let you know when its safe.” Immediately, Vee and Fat Cramer moved forward into the dungeons to see the surviving Kerissian P.O.W.s and assess how they would free them.

Up above, Outdoor Miner rejoined Spellbinder and Kid Marvel, who overlooked the city. The city seemed much emptier than the days before when Spellbinder had been there, but there was still a large array of returning troops, as well as the sentry force that never left Ggrrgg.

“Its taking every inch of patience I have not to unleash my power on them,” said Kid Marvel to Spellbinder. Every move each Ggrrggian made highlighted the military arrogance they were so well known for.

“I know,” she said, holding him back, but remembering the Ggrrgg/Psyonia War at the same time.

Down below in the dungeons, Fat Cramer finished knocking out the last Ggrrggian soldiers, as Vee shrunk the lock on all the cells, so that they burst, making it easy for the cell doors to open. Spellbinder telepathically relayed the message to Caliente and Cobalt Kid to join them, and they did, helping the Kerissian to their feet and quieting them down, so the jail break could continue. Cobalt Kid ran up next to Fat Cramer who was looking ahead, and he saw she was looking at the bruised and beaten form of Princess Tarina—bruises on her cheeks, her magnificent cape long gone, and her costume torn. Her tiara lie in the corner, unbroken. She looked up in pure defiance, obviously in pain.

“Come on Princess, let me help you up,” said Cobalt quietly, knowing that her pride was being dealt a severe blow by not being able to stand on her own, let alone being helped up by him.

Fat Cramer helped her other side. In a quick gesture, she suddenly grabbed her tiara, and put it on the Princess’ head, and nodded to her. “We have to move fast Princess,” said Fat Cramer, as the two helped her along. She could barely stand up, let alone walk. Finally, she put one foot in front of her.

“I can make it,” she said firmly. Then she turned. “Thank you both,” she nodded, and moved forward. Both held back a minute to make sure she was alright, as Caliente and Varalent led the other prisoners of war out of the dungeons.

Up ahead, Kid Marvel concentrated hard, as he hid himself in the shadows. Using his super-hearing, he continued to monitor any talking between officers and troopers, trying to get a sense of what was going on. Spellbinder did the same telepathically, trying to pick up stray thoughts and ‘static’ to gather intel on possible future attacks. It became clear that all was not as it seemed.

“The Ggrrggians had no idea the Khanate would be so total in their decimation,” said Spellbinder at last telepathically to Kid Marvel. “They’re outraged in fact—they wanted to keep Kerissia alive and well, working for them. Apparently, this alliance between the Khanate and Ggrrggians is shakier than we thought.”

“Yeah, I can hear them complaining about the religious proceedings and how that has halted plans. They evidently don’t trust each other. Even more—this entire plan was Caracalla’s, not the Ggrrggians. He evidently is the one making the moves…”

Outdoor Miner suddenly appeared in front of them. “The cruiser is ready, although how we’ll get the P.O.W.’s there concerns me. This is going to be about as close a call as we’ve ever had.”

“Much closer than that, bug creature,” said a voice, and Spellbinder knew it instantly. “You LMBers have a bad habit of entering Ggrrgg without permission lately, and even worse—thinking that we wouldn’t be aware of it.” The three turned to see Marius Desmonius, the father of Cobalt Kid, before them in his Senatorial robes. Next to him was a cadre of armed soldiers, with electronic spears and laser-swords drawn, ready for battle. There were dozens of them, at least six dozen in total in plain sight. “You’re under arrest.”

“Forgive me, Senator,” said Kid Marvel, Spellbinder and Outdoor Miner letting the leader have his chance to speak, “but you forget who you’re dealing with.” Instantly, Outdoor Miner ported out, as Kid Marvel deflecting a plethora of blasts back at the Ggrrggians troopers, and dozens attempted to bring down the mighty leader of the LMBP.

“Cobie, tell everyone to scatter! They’re aware of us! They know you’re attempting a break-out! Its going to be too late!” Spellbinder’s telepathic message instantly went to her companion, who turned to the others in horror.

“We’re screwed,” he said, “somehow they found out about this mission before hand. We’ve got to find a way to save everyone, get off this planet…”

Vee ran towards them all. “Everyone gather over here!” he said. “I’ve got a plan, and its going to be a little far out.”

Fat Cramer smiled. “Are you thinking what I think you’re thinking?”

“Yup,” said Vee, turning towards the Kerissian P.O.W’s. “I’m going to shrink everyone down, and we’re going on one of you, FC. Then its up to that person to get off planet. This is going to seriously drain me, but it’s the only thing I can think of.”

“I can help,” said Outdoor Miner teleporting to them suddenly. “I’ll get us out of here as fast as possible, to a nearby escape cruiser. Its doable.”

“I’m not going,” said Princess Tarina suddenly, standing proud and tall, her voice cold and calculating. “I’m going to have revenge to the horrors done to my people.”

“Tarina, no,” said Caliente, “you have to go. What’s left of your people need you!”

“NO!” said Tarina, suddenly glowing yellow and white. Her anger was pulsating and her adrenaline kicked into high-gear. Her light powers were returning. “I will have vengeance!” she screamed, and suddenly burst into a beam of light, smashing upwards through the roof and into the streets above.

“I’m going to help Crujeckie,” said Cobalt, getting ready to follow.

“Guys, go for it,” said Fat Cramer to Miner and Vee. “It’s the only way. Cali we’re going with Cobie. LMB, stay safe…sweet as sweet! Long live the LMB!” she yelled, as the LMBers scattered.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Wynthia
The High Priest Caracalla sat alone, listening to the prayers being spoken to Sol Invictus and his son, Elagabolus. He smiled, feeling each and every prayer flowing not to heaven, but directly to him, empowering him with a feeling of complete bliss and elation, giving him mastery over those praying and mastery over the forces he controlled.

Not far off in space, he communicated with his disciple, and Elagabolus answered in prayer, offering up his thanksgiving and his intentions. Caracalla replied to the man who he had trained as his own child, and told him what would need to be done now. And Elagabolus answered that it would be done.

Deep Space, the border between Ggrrgg and the ruins of Kerissia
The Ggrrggian Army waited and continued to grow angry at the stagnant position they had been in for two days now. Throughout all of the armada, there was hardly one that did not look forward to a longer, more intense war that could allow them to conquer those whose blood they shed.

Not far off, the army of the Khanate of Sol Invictus was not so bored and anxious, for they felt the fulfillment of prayer and now rushed to their next goal. For the will of Caracalla pushed them whether they wished it or not, and the leadership of Elagabolus eased their own doubts and told them that what they were feeling was their own. And so the barbarian army of the Khanate of Sol Invictus followed their young Emperor, as he turned his attention away from the United Planets and rather, at those he had days earlier called allies. And the ultimate betrayal was set into motion.

Without a moments notice, the armadas of the Khanate of Sol Invictus crashed into the Ggrrggian fleets with the intention of the complete annihilation of their once-allies. After all, were these not the infidel scum, non-believers in Sol Invictus, and fated to die anyway, and not ascend into era of the new sun?

The Ggrrggian war machine responded in kind, far more proficient at adapting at a moment’s notice, or believing the worst in any ally. But they did not have Elagabolus, and the Khanate of Sol Invictus did. Elagabolus unleashed his tremendous power across the soundless depths of space, and the red magical energy of pure destruction did was not nullified by space’s emptiness, but was further empowered by it. Elagabolus’ destructive power instantly destroyed all it touched, and the legendary Ggrrggian fleet was vanquished instantly when it came in contact, its warriors seared and burnt to death in soundless, gravity-less space.

The betrayal was soon complete and the annihilation horrific in its completeness. No Ggrrggians were left alive in this battle, and the dead among the Khanate of Sol Invictus were honored.

Ggrrgg
There would be no chance for a reaction on Ggrrgg at the utter decimation of the large majority of its armed forces. They would never know truly what had happened, as their focus was completely placed elsewhere. For at this very instant, the Mind-Flayers of Wynthia unleashed their first offensive assault on Ggrrgg in the Long Three Way War’s history, and the Ggrrggians felt the painful psionic attacks of telepathy and telekinesis.

Instantly, the invasion of Ggrrgg began.

But conquering Ggrrgg and subjecting it to their rule was never the intentions of the Mind-Flayers, for they were not like Ggrrgg. They simply wanted the Ggrrggians and Kerissians eliminated completely and forever, so they could be free to pursue their own agendas in space and have their own empire. Whatever it took was convenient for them, and Caracalla had hoped for such cooperation.

For he had his own means and his own goals in this sector, and Ggrrgg could simply not exist for his plans. When the Black Sun was a member of the Dark Oval, Caracalla had ensured that it remained on close terms with the Dominators and the Hrykosians, which is what made his betrayal of them so much more surprising. And in doing so, he had acquired a great deal of knowledge and weaponry. A bomb. A horrible, biological agent that released a toxin that could destroy all life on a planet. Human life, animal life, planet life. The biological agent worked fast and killed instantly. Some of the LMB and their allies had once seen this before. They had averted its use on Legion World and saved all of its citizens. Often, many would wonder what would happen if such a bomb ever went off. Would all life on that planet truly be wiped out instantly?

And so the Mind-Flayers, under the guise of a genuine frontal attack, followed Caracalla’s plan, and released the biological nega bomb on Ggrrgg, instantly wiping it away forever.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.