Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » "Omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis" - 52 days after INVASION (Page 16)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: "Omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis" - 52 days after INVASION
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Embassy Row

As the Rockhoppers, Hyvvie and Old Dutch headed back toward the Dark Oval Embassy, they came upon Time Teller Lad in a fight with a member of the 52 from Zwen. Although Time Teller Lad's ability to tell the time anywhere in the universe or the exact age of an object could be useful, they weren't particularly helpful in a scrape.

As Rockhopper Lad saw his younger friend being easily bested by this foe who kept turning to stone every time TTL attempted to hit him, he became quite upset.

"Leave him alone!" the Pyngwyn Prince shouted.

As if on an instinct he couldn't explain, Rockhopper Lad puffed a breath in the direction of the Zwenian. In the next instant, the Zwenian was knocked over by a hurricane-force wind.

As Rockhopper Lass put the Zwenian on ice, she, the Wonder Beagle, the Super Cow and Time Teller Lad all turned to Rockhopper Lad who was standing there looking as surprised as they were.

"Eudyptes, when did you get super-breath? Have you always had it?"

"I don't think so, Adelie! It just came out!"

The always-practical Wonder Beagle offered, "Perhaps we can figure out how and why later. Let's find the others."

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The ruins of the Dark Oval Embassy

In front of the building that had been destroyed months ago by Superboy-Prime during the height of the Invasion, Security Officer Ralph and ten others under his command valiantly defend their post from a horde of attacking hostiles.

"How's that force field generator holding out, Williamson?" Ralph shouts.

Williamson shrugs, "she's holdin' together, Ralphie, but she cannae handle much more!"

"Just hold 'er awhile, longer, Willie! Shady says she's on 'er way and---what the hells?"

Looking up, Ralph and the others see a bright light shining in the sky. They wonder at first if the blinding light that had shone from orbit for a time had somehow reignited. But with mounting horror, they begin to realize that this new light is slowly moving toward them.

As his eyes try to adjust to the new light's brightness, Ralph thinks he can make out the form of a human woman in its center.

But as he tries to squint, he hears Williamson shouting, "Ralphie! That light--it's shorting out the force shield!!!"

As Ralph begins to contemplate the implications of Willie's warnings, it's too late. The forceshield is down and hostiles numbering at least triple their rag-tag security detail quickly overwhelm and slaughter them. As he dies, Ralph hopes that Cobalt Kid, Matlock and Abin won't be too disappointed in him.

Moments after the slaughter is completed, the mercenaries and zealots back off, and the living light that is Kalla Hryl descends and lands in front of them. Her glow subsides a bit, and she is quite stunning in her bridal gown as she addresses her flock.

"You've done very well, my 52! We are nearly at the moment of our triumph! Soon we shall all receive the reward we've earned!"

The response from those assembled before her is a raucous cheer. The Church zealots among them know exactly what she means; the mercenaries think the reward is a large financial one.

"Wrath?" she says to the shadowy creature to her right. "Find the entrance to the Holy Temple at once!"

"Yes, mistress. But what of the pockets of resistance still remaining in the city that our agents are reporting?"

"It's no matter, Wrath. There are too few of them to make a difference! And with over three-fifths of our 52 guarding the Holy Temple--they have NO chance!"

"Very well, mistress." And the creature known as Wrath disappears into the rubble of the former Dark Oval Embassy.

"Soon," Kalla whispers as a look of ecstacy paints over her face.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Embassy Row

With some ground still to cover to reach the garrison of 52 guarding the site of the Dark Oval Embassy, the quintet of Bat-Fem, Jada Konti, Shady, Hummer Lass and Clark Marlowe are blocked by Fury, the serpentine lieutenant of Kalla Hryl.

The five of them scatter as the 15-foot long alien swipes her tail at them. Clark, the least battle-seasoned of the five, takes the full brunt of the powerful blow and is sent crashing into the nearby Talokian Embassy.

"Clark!" Bat-Fem yells, but she has to recover quickly in order to dodge, matador-style, a lunge by their foe. The dodge saves her life as Fury's venomous fangs come within a foot of injecting her with liquid death.

Hummer Lass floats above as Fury prepares for another lunge. Before the giant serpent can spring again, Hummer Lass lets an ultrasonic scream from her throat that sends Fury reeling.

"Keep it up, sweetie!" Shady yells to her floating ally, but sweat is pouring from the screaming woman's forehead; she won't be able to continue for more than a few more seconds.

Bat-Fem thinks fast and pulls something from her utility belt. She gives Jada a meaningful glance, then runs right in front of the writhing snake. Just as Bat-Fem gets in position, Hummer Lass falls from the air, and her sonic barrage stops.

"Come and get it, worm!" Bat-Fem taunts, and the snake alien, consumed with blood-lust and now embodying her name, obliges with a lightning-quick charge, fangs bared.

At the last moment, Bat-Fem tosses something into the creature's open mouth, and before Fury can claim her prey, Jada swings in her path, grabs Bat-Fem and gets them both safely out of danger. Fury looks back, appearing as confused as her expressionless face can appear, and suddenly goes limp.

Jada and Bat-Fem smile at each other, then they walk to the felled giant, joined by Shady.

"What did you do, sweetie?" Shady asks Bat-Fem.

"I fed her a fast-acting nerve toxin. She's alive and conscious, but she won't be able to move for a while. Luckily, Jada saw what I had in mind!" Looking toward Fury, she says, "Shady, this is our chance...maybe she knows what's so important about the Dark Oval Embassy!"

"Way ahead of you, sweetie," Shady answers and closes her eyes. She touches Fury's unmoving head and delves into her still-conscious mind, then sees something really disturbing. "A bomb!" she shouts and opens her eyes. "There's a bomb underneath the ruins somewhere--one that will release a techno-biological agent that's adapted to kill all life on Legion World and make it uninhabit--AAAARRRGGHH!"

Shady falls in pain. Fury had managed to somehow overcome the toxin and bit Shady on the arm.

"Shady!" Hummer Lass screams and runs to her friend.

"Shit!" Jada yells, examining the now-limp Fury. "She was able to release a suicide capsule under her tongue! The death throes she had from that agent must have enabled her to overcome her paralysis for a split-second before death!"

"Easy, Shady," Bat-Fem whispers calmly. Bat-Fem grasps Shady's right hand with one of hers while the other holds a small bottle. "This antitoxin from my belt will give you a chance." She pours some on the wound, and the rest goes in Shady's mouth. Then she looks at the worried face of Hummer Lass. "You've got to fly her to the Medical Center, Pru! This will keep her alive for the moment, but she will die without immediate treatment! Can you do it?"

"Yes, I will!" Hummer Lass responds and takes her ailing friend into her arms. Previously, Pru had only been able to do little more than glide, but her determination pushes her to achieve astonishing speed.

For a moment the pair watch their friends become small dots in the sky, then they turn to each other. Bat-Fem puts something in one of her belt's compartments.

"Well, that doesn't help our odds," Jada admits.

"No, it doesn't," Bat-Fem responds, "but we'll have to do. Maybe we can find Seth, Rockhopper and the others, or maybe not. In any case we now know the stakes, and there's not much time!"

And as they look toward the site of the Dark Oval Embassy, something moving from the Talokian Embassy catches their peripheral vision. Turning around, they see Clark Marlowe dusting himself off.

"Did I, uh, miss anything?" he queries.

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Embassy Row, Legionnopolis, Legion World

“Up ahead,” said Nightcrawler to Seth Gaterra, “within the Embassy. There’s a certain amount of enemies not leaving the entrance to the rubble…they must be guarding something.”

“It seems that we’ve stumbled upon their real plan,” replied Seth, “…and can finally put a stop to this.”

“Go ahead,” said Nova Girl, joining them with Thora. “Thora and I will cover you.”

“These cretins will soon learn that Thora of Taltar is not one to be trifled with.”

“Looks like we’ll have some additional coverage too…” added Nova Girl, as she motioned to the west, where Statue Way created an intersection with Embassy Row. Making their way up the street was Matlock (now clothed in a blue suit, white shirt, black tie and blue fedora hat), Stoopid Cat and Time Boy, running at full speed and taking down agents of the 52 as they came. Stoopid Cat sped ferociously through them, as he now assumed the form of the Tiger God Avatar!

Matlock smiled, “Hell, I haven’t been this age in quite awhile! I might be renowned for my detective skills, but I can still show off my pugilistic skills when I need too…” he smiled, smashing a coffee pot on someone’s head.

As the heroes began to converge on one spot and Seth and Nightcrawler moved forward, Helena Handbasket made her way across the rubble and battle grounds, seeing a cluster of enemies up ahead. “ENOUGH!” she yelled grabbing her robotic arm and putting to the ground in front of them. There was a puddle there, where a water main had obviously broken during the fray. She let loose a shock of electronic energy, knocking them back, and then ran forward. Ahead of her, five agents of the 52 fell to the ground, and she saw a familiar body among them—Dr. Mayavale, obviously taken prisoner earlier when all of this madness started. “I’ve got you doctor!” she said running to him.

“Not yet, you don’t,” said a voice, as a yellow clawed hand ripped across her back. Helena turned to see a female Dominator, complete with large, sharp teeth and a oozing yellow skin. All that was missing was a red disk on her forehead, obviously stripped away. “Helena Handbakset…” said the voice, “…I too have long since broken ties with the Dark Oval…but they are still smart enough to be wary of an Unkillable!” she added, ripping her hands across Helena’s chest.

Back a block or so, the struggle between Jailbait Lass and Virus continued to intensify, as Jailbait Lass ducked and ran forward, attempting to do anything—anything—to avoid being the victim of Virus’ micro attacks. All it took was one second for Virus to land on her unnoticed, and the little Imskian could unleash a wave of Kryptonian might on her. But now Virus was full-sized, determined to teach Jailbait Lass a lesson and beat her to death with her bare hands. She dove after her and leapt on top of her. Jailbait Lass could feel the pain of her already broken fingers in her left hand. Virus came down hard with a backhanded slap across Jailbait Lass’ face and the pain was instant—hot, tin-flavored blood filled Lolita’s mouth and her face ached with horrible pain. “You’re nothing, you witch,” smiled Virus with her hand around Jailbait Lass’ throat, “…I’ll be doing you a favor killing you, you coward…”

As the warm blood filled her mouth, Jailbait Lass felt a wave of nausea and once again, she felt panic rise up in her body. This was it…this would be her end. There was no way she could defeat this enemy. It was the Red Bee all over again, the Khund Warriors from her youth, all over again. But no…she had to focus, she had been over this before…she could do it, she could survive…she had to survive! Struggling, Jailbait Lass tried to pull off Virus’ hand from her throat, but the Kryptonian enhancement on the little Imskian by the Dominator’s was too strong. She could not budge it. Air was no longer coming in and out of her lungs and she was gasping, as the blood ran down her cheeks and Virus’ hand was crushing her throat. No…this was not for her…this was for Legion World. She reached up, and grabbed Virus’ face, and the Imskian witch laughed at her. But Jailbait Lass would do what it took for herself and Legion World, and she reached her thumb forward, and stuck in far deep into Virus’ left eyesocket, and instantly, she knew there was no Kryptonian DNA protecting that. The sickening softness permeated her thumb and she pulled out, as Virus screamed at the top of her lungs a scream that echoed death and vengeance, letting go of her throat. Jailbait Lass rolled to the side, gasping for air, as Virus fell backwards.

“My eye! My beautiful eye! You witch! I’ll kill you! I’ll kill you!” she was screaming, as Jailbait Lass could not respond or even rise to her feet. She turned, and suddenly saw Virus had shrank once again—and was coming to kill her.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     

"Did I hear something about Unkillable?" asked Dedman as he reappeared
The dominator turned but before she could do anything Dedman grabbed her. In a cloud of darkness smelling of brimstone he vanished back into the Poltergiest Area, taking the female dominator with him.
Seconds later he reappeared alone. Turning to Helena he said "Hi, I'm Dedman...I've read your file. Need some help?"

Three figures step out of the shadows.
Kalla Hryl looks at them and says "Ah, I see you've finally arrived."
Gas Lass, Geez Louise, and Ron Jeremy's Moustache walk towards her.
"We have the device you wanted mistress" says Gas Lass.
"At last. The last piece of the puzzle" declares Kalla as she takes the mini-miracle machine from the trio.
"You will recieve your reward we we've accompished our goal."

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

"Ah yes," Kalla says, admiring the prize given to her by Gas Lass and her peers, "your reward will be sweet indeed!"

"Mistress!" Wrath exults. "I've found the entrance to the temple!"

"And I now have the key! You three," she commands Gas Lass, Geez Louise and Ron Jeremy's Mustache, "join the rest of our throng in guarding the entrance to the Holy Temple! If any resistance remains, they must be repelled so that thay can't interrupt us!"

"Yes, mistress!" the trio answer in unison and then join the rest of the 52 that are stationed around the embassy.

"Now, Wrath...lead the way!"

Minutes later, Kalla Hryl and Wrath are deep within the hidden chamber and facing their goal in its center.

Her eyes dancing and showing utter euphoria, Kalla cries, "this is it, Wrath--the vessel of the Great Plague! And with this powering it, the countdown will begin, and it can't be stopped!" She places the mini-miracle machine into a slot, and the device begins to hum and glow.

As a digital display blinks to life, Kalla reads it and announces, "just 15 minutes, Wrath--then we'll be dead, and so will the Great Neutral Power known as Legion World!"

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
a dark corner of Legion World

Non Sequitor mailed fruit to various heads of state.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The Dark Oval Embassy, Legionnopolis, Legion World

*BAMF* Nightcrawler teleported directly over a cadre of Church of the Eternal Void devotees and leapt on top of them, punching and kicking. “They’re everywhere over here, Seth!” he yelled, “there’s definitely something more going on at the old Dark Oval Embassy!”

Seth Gaterra ran forward, letting loose his power on the surrounding enemies, knocking them backwards. “But what…?” he thought outloud, trying to move closer to Nightcrawler.

“Its worse than you think,” said a voice, as Bat-Fem suddenly, leapt into the fray, kicking an assailant in the face that was inches away from pounding Seth on the back of the head. “Much worse!” she added.

Seth pulled back and got in a defensive position. “And you are?” he asked, unsure of if this was an enemy or friend.

“I could say the same to you, only we haven’t got enough time. I’m a friend, just like you, and I want to help.” Seth could sense the sincerity in her voice, as well as the urgency.

“She’s right Seth,” said Clark Marlowe and he and Jada Konti ran forward to them. “I might be the only one that would recognize us all, considering my knowledge via the Legion World media, but I can tell you we all want the same thing.”

“There’s Nightcrawler,” said Jada cutting Clark off, “let’s move up to him and explain, he’ll need to know. He’s probably the last LMBer left on the planet!” she added.

“Not quite…” said Seth, as about thirty yards back, he could see some more allies gaining on them.

Rockhopper Lad and Rockhopper Lass, joined by the Super-Pets, ran forth at the intersection between Embassy Row and Statue Way, which only moments before Seth and Nightcrawler had pushed through. Rockhopper once more tried his super-breath on his enemies, amazing himself and his companions at its use.

“Nice trick, Mr. soon to be Deputy,” said a voice, as Matlock joined him by his side. “Looks like its you, me, Nighty and the rookies,” he smiled, punching a mercenary in the face. With him was a motley crew of LMB allies: Time Boy, Nova Girl, Thora of Taltar.

Stoopid Cat joined them with a hmmph. “Silly humans, forgetting me…I’ve been an LMBer almost longer than most…” he said, crawling through the rubble, accidently knocking a large piece of debris to the side and knocking out an enemy of the 52. “I see some more allies up ahead, but they’re surrounded on all sides. Let’s do what we can to cover their back from this direction…”

Up ahead, Jada, Clark, Seth and Bat-Fem made it to Nightcrawler. The Legion World Founder stood in front them, his sense of authority and leadership firm, so that very briefly they felt a sense of awe before this highly respected LMBer.

Bat-Fem spoke up. “It’s inside the ruins of the Embassy. There was a series of secret rooms underground and that’s what the 52 is going for. In one of the rooms is a techno-biological plague, hidden in a canister. It was originally here as a last defense in the Invasion, but now our conspirators hope to use it on the population of Legion World, to get what they want.

“Techno-biological plague?” said Nightcrawler. “What does it--?”

Before he could finish, Jada answered him, “Its bad Nightcrawler. Its one of the worst Dominator inventions of them all. Its sole purpose is to wipe out all life on a planet, and it would likely achieve that within hours once it was unleashed, maybe even less than that. It kills all life: sentients, flora and planet-life, everything, and there’s a technological agent within that acts as a super-virus on all omni-computers and the like. The intent would be the destruction of Legion World entirely, with almost nothing left. Genocide in its most complete form, erasing everything.”

Clark, thinking through what had been said, added, “…but that would mean they wouldn’t survive it either. Suicidal martyrs…I bet half of them don’t even realize what this means. They’ve been duped or are plain religious fanatics…”

Nightcrawler looked at Seth suddenly. “Seth, I’ve read your file,” he said, making a rare reference to the fact that there was little on Legion World that Nightcrawler was not aware of, “you’re immune to almost all diseases, aren’t you? This might not effect you.”

“Not almost,” said Seth, sure of himself, “I am immune to all diseases, and I will be to this plague. I can try and destroy it…I’ll just need a path inside.”

“It’ll be a suicide run for us for sure,” said Bat-Fem, “but there’s no time left for anything else. The leaders of our enemies are inside and we need to stop them and destroy this plague. We’ll be by your side Seth and try and get you to the plague as best we can…”

“So be it,” said Nightcrawler, grabbing Jada by the arm and putting his other hand on Seth’s back, pulling them all close. “Its up to us then, and every sentient on Legion World is counting on it. Good luck my friends…you’ll make the rest of the LMB proud, I promise you, for your bravery…”

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Jailbait Lass tried to breathe in deep and get air into her lungs, and she rubbed the raw skin around her throat, still trying to regain her sense of where she was, after the brutal attack by Virus. Virus’s blood was still on Jailbait Lass hand, and Lolita felt no regret in ripping out Virus’ eye to survive. At last, she began to regain her composure but immediately realized her mistake. She turned her back on Virus, and despite the injury she’d given the Kryptonian enhanced Imskian, she knew she was still in danger. Virus’ screaming stopped and her last words suddenly registered in Jailbait Lass’ head…’I’ll kill you.’

It was immediate. Jailbait Lass could see the smallest piece of matter leaping through the air towards her, impossible to see by the untrained eye that had been fighting an Imskian for the last fifteen minutes. It was coming at top speed and when it landed, Jailbait Lass knew it would tear her in two. She tried to move as far away as she could, and leapt to the side, but it was of no use—she was dead tired and had barely any strength left. She did not get far. Virus landed and immediately leapt again, this time in a straight line, like a bullet about to strike its pray. But Jailbait Lass’ analytical mind realized suddenly that she had given herself a great advantage: that small space she had moved, though a mere two or three feet, had positioned her 54.5 degrees to the right, putting a series of rubble between them, including a large pile of debris that must have contained some flammable material, as a small fire had grown on it. Virus was approaching now at top speed and the seconds were turning into milliseconds. Jailbait Lass quickly reached for her belt…

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
”Willikers girl, you have *GOT* to fix yourself up in the back,” said Lash. “No offense, but you look awful! And that white streaky thing in your hair would be all sexy and stuff if you did your hair right.”

Upon her return to Legion World, one of the first things she had done was clean herself up, wash her face and fix her hair. In her belt, she had a small canister of hairspray that she used, and had kept with her, since she was such hurry, it never occurred to her to discard it. “Always look good saving the world” is what Lucien Lad told her once before. She was no longer thinking, feeling the sense that everything that had happened was falling into place. Before she realized it, her hand had pulled the hairspray from the belt. Virus was less than three feet away, the tiniest Imskian warrior about to land on her. The fire between them flickered low, almost too low, but the angle was just right. She pressed the release button, and the hairspray fired into the air before her, permeating around, reaching the fire…and exploding outward. It was almost infinitesimal. A small fire blast, hardly noticeable. But to an Imskian with no means to stop, it was the end. The fire burst forth, soaking Virus completely, burning her head to toe, ripping away at her clothing and melting her skin instantly, sending forth a cascade of pain and unbearable misery that only one who had murdered many people can truly have ever guess at quantifying, which Virus had.

Her limp body fell, and hit the pavement, and she began to enlarge once more, almost by instinct. Unconscious, her left eye gone and her skin burnt badly, she lay there, defeated. Jailbait Lass, exhausted, walked over and her legs began to quake, and she was shaking. She reached for the hand-cuffs she always had one her, and grabbed Virus’s arms and cuffed her, the Imskian enemy still very much alive. She didn’t realize it, but small tears rolled down her cheeks as she did so, and she could not stop the shaking her body was doing. Her analytical mind thought about it and she recalled Hrun speaking of the ‘Warrior’s release’, when after a battle warriors of even the most stoic or hard nature would cry, laugh or become emotional for no reason. But despite her knowledge of that, she had no way to stop. She began to cry softly, but stopped and wiped her eyes. She forced herself to stand and look forward, the battle all past her now.

The Dark Oval Embassy (in ruins)

Another female Dominator Unkillable tore her claws across Helena’s torso, attempting to shred her in half, and Helena dropped Dr. Mayavale to the side, turning to fight her enemy. The Dominator positioned herself to spring into attack—but Helena had no time for positioning or strategy. She now relied on pure instinct, on the knowledge that she had fought tougher, in tougher situations, and would end this NOW. Helena grabbed her by the throat and threw her to the side, following up with a quick right hook with her metallic arm, sending a billowing exchange of force. Unkillable yes, thought Helena, but one can feel a lot of pain before death sets in.

“My dear Eleanor,” said Dr. Mayavale suddenly with a smile, “how good of you to come to my rescue,” he added, suddenly plunging a horrifically large piece of debris into the Dominator’s back with one of his large extra arms. The momentum was such that it knocked the Dominator to the ground and pinned her there, and Helena gladly accepted this interlude to add a finishing punch across the Dominator’s face and knock it unconscious.

Helena smiled, the thrill of battle combined with a new sense of doing something she believed in 100%. “I figured I owed you one for a past life Doctor,” she smiled, surprised at herself for cracking a joke.

“Or a future one…” said Dr. Mayavale to himself, dusting off his clothes.

[ January 25, 2007, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

The outskirts of the Dark Oval Embassy site

As Nightcrawler and his group of heroes prepare to make a suicide run into the throng of 52 surrounding the site, a huge explosion rings from behind them.

Nightcrawler looks back and sees that the Winathian Embassy is engulfed in flame. "Verdammt!" Nightcrawler yells. "A lot of citizens are taking refuge in there!" He struggled for a short moment with what to do. No, I can't allow them to die even if it means decreasing our odds of success against the 52! Ignoring the cries of those in peril is not our way, whatever the cost, he decides.

"Seth! You, Bat-Fem, Jada and Marlowe are with me! Rockhopper Lad--take the rest and save those people! When you finish, come back to the D.O. Embassy and help us!"

Rockhopper Lad obeys without hesitation and leads his group to save lives. He feels comfortable, despite his new role as LMB Deputy Leader, in following Nightcrawler's wisdom. In any case he couldn't bear to leave those sentients to be burned alive.

"Onward, friends," Nightcrawler shouts to the four still with him, holding his rapier high.

Bat-Fem holds back Clark for a moment. "Look, Clark," she says calmly, "we need you to use your full potential, right now!"

"Huh? Chloe, what are you talking about?"

She points to the crystal embedded near his Adam's apple. "That crystal is Kryptonian, Clark. On my world, there was a great hero who lived a millenium ago named Superman. We have a museum dedicated to him on my Earth. And there are crystals just like that one in the museum that were taken from his Fortress. I believe that crystal has potentially given you all the powers of a Kryptonian. It's not just invulnerability, Clark--Kryptonians possess nearly limitless strength, flight, speed, vision powers...all under a yellow sun."

With dawning realization Kent says, "that burning yellow energy that engulfed me?"

"Yep," she says smiling, "and we need you to use those powers if we have any hope whatsoever."

"But...how?"

"Just do it, Kansas!" and she kisses him on the cheek.

A determined look on his face, Clark runs and suddenly becomes a blur. The blur zips around the barrier of sentients surrounding their goal, and several suddenly start to fall.

"There's our opening, guys!" Bat-Fem yells, and she, Nightcrawler, Jada and Seth advance through the fissure Clark has created.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Deep Space, The Rave at Asteroid Zero

“This is where you take us?” said Arachne with a laugh, as Faraway Lad shrugged his shoulders.

“I keep telling you all…I don’t have the most specific control over my powers…” he laughed.

The Rave at Aseroid Zero was an ongoing never-ending party that had begun sometime in the 23rd Century. At some point 4,758 Billion years in the future, this gigantic asteroid would collide with a series of planets that would effectively destroy the entire universe. Given that this seemed like such a long time away and so large scale a problem, nothing had been done about it, but teenagers across the galaxy often traveled here to party constantly, and had done so for seven centuries. Drugs, sex, booze and antidisestablishmentarianism were rampant here.

“Well, after that battle,” said Actor Lad to Kid Marvel, “I think we’re all way too tired to do much of anything, let alone gather the strength to make our way home.”

“It’s a long way away,” said Kid Marvel, “and you’re right. Everyone is exhausted and our powers are depleted. We need time to rest.”

Cobalt Kid put his arms around Crujectra as they watched teenagers partying and dancing and Toustonian Disco music blasting through soundless space. “Aw…” he smiled, “…that isn’t so bad…”

Lash Lad smiled at them. “This is the LMB after all,” he added, “…we’ve been in worse places...”

Greg Evignan Island, Legion World

Psychotic Beaver lunged forward, slicing Liberty Monkey across his torso with her claws and hurling him to the side.

By her side, Studly Woodchuck leaped on top of Lonestar Ranger, choking him down and preparing to bite down on his neck.

It did not look good, and Kid Gender Stereotype Reversal II knew it. But what use was her powers right here? The answer…not much…but she knew what she could do. She ran to Shark Lad, who had been tossed aside in the opening acts of the battle, and was now rising to her feet. “Shark Lad!” she screamed, “…this is it! We need you! You have to unleash yourself on them!”

“No…” said Shark Lad, who had come to Greg Evignan Island to escape doing exactly that. “…I can beat them without doing so…”

KGSR II turned and saw the sheer savagery of the Shark Lad’s siblings. “I’m sorry Sharky…” she said sadly, as she slapped him across the face as hard as she could. He turned to her stunned, and grabbed her by the throat, rage beginning to take hold. Blood trickled from Shark Lad’s own mouth. KGSR II looked at him, shaking slightly now at the ferocious figure in front of her, and took a droplet of his blood on her finger and pressed it to his nose.

“Take hold of your rage Sharky,” she whispered. “Use it on them…” she pleaded. Moments passed, which seemed like an eternity. Finally he dropped her. He lunged at Psychotic Beaver and Studley Woodchuck.

A little far off, Potty Mouth Master unleashed a torrent of laser blasts on the monks of Greg Evignan Island, laughing as he did so. “How the @#$% you like that?!” he smiled. “Huh? How the #$%$ you like that?!” Never before did his resemblance to Kevin Federline become more apparent.

Space Tart was not amused. She rolled her eyes at a Greg Evignan Island who couldn’t help but notice when she bent over to duck from fire. “*tee hee*, looks like I better end this…” she said, and she suddenly leapt into the line of fire. But Space Tart was a longtime LMBer, trained by the greatest warriors in the galaxy and comfortable in the most dangerous situations. She was the unbridled beacon of femininity, but also the exemplification of its rage. She leapt across the line of fire—checking her reflection out in the mirror as she did so—and landed a brutal kick across Potty Mouth Master’s face. He fell to the side and instantly, she was upon him, using her power on him, pulling out a small device that was renowned technology on Greg Evignan Island.

“Hey!” said a solder, “isn’t that a discomogrification device?”

“Yes,” replied another, “But how in the world was it up his a—“ he was cut off, as Space Tart suddenly activated it!

“Sorry Potty Mouth,” said Spacey, “but that’s no way to talk in front of a lady,” then adding a *tee hee* as she blasted him and instantly turned him into a human-shaped disco ball.

The Office of Security, Legion World

As the Security Officers of Legion World scrambled around the city, no one was around to see Dedman lying on the floor, gasping for air, his life force slowing leaving his body, after the attack by this three assailants: Ron Jeremy’s Moustache, Geez Louise and Gas Lass. Now, he thought he heard footsteps, and suddenly knew they were returning—to finish the job they started. They were all laughing at his plight.

“I told you,” said Ron Jeremy’s Moustache. “Kalla Hol paid us handsomely for the miracle machine. Now we can tie up this loose end and no one will ever be the wiser.”

“Wrong,” said a voice and they all turned to see Antacid Lass standing before them. “I brought you here, and you think you can make a fool of me? Dupe me and destroy the greatest place in the universe?” The smiled at her, outnumbering her three to one. “Not on my watch…” Suddenly, she moved to the side, instantly grabbing hold of Geez Louis and hurling her into Ron Jeremy’s Moustache, back in the Room of Forbidden Weapons. The impact was enough to push them into the side of the room, ultimately activating ‘Security Office Evidence #301’, otherwise known as Project Spinach. Instantly the two were covered in the super-dense endless spinach, covering them from head to toe. This techno-made spinach once was used to battle the actual Entropy Spinach, though it proved useless. All it did, was keep people stuck and unable to move, and give them horrible indigestion.

Gas Lass tried to maneuver herself for another blast, but it was too late. Antacid Lass had her, and grabbed her close for a sleeper hold. “Here,” said Antacid Lass, “maybe I can help you with that…” she said, using her antacid powers on her enemy, ipso facto, rendering her useless.

The Jungle Kingdom of Legion World

The bodies of the brave fallen lay among the rubble and debris, as the Gorilla Tribe of Legion World was not without its heroic dead. However, the warriors stand tall and proud, exhausted from a battle, as the fallen Validus also lays in front of them—an enemy until the end, but a beaten enemy now.

A Gorilla Warrior looked out over the smouldering plains and sighed deeply. He turned to an elder, and the elder knew he understood. “What does it matter, these little battles here, if the fate of all of Legion World rests in the hands of so few, with so slim a chance of survival?” said the elder. And their thoughts turned to what the knew must be a terrible battle, raging in the capital city…

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Winathian Embassy

Rockhopper Lad led Rockhopper Lass, Matlock, Hyvvie, Old Dutch, Time Teller Lad, Stoopid Cat, Time Boy, Nova Girl and Thora to the blazing embassy.

Thora, cooperative, though still unused to accepting a male in authority, asked "What do we do now, ma--ah, Rockhopper Lad?"

"The sentients in there need to get to safety and that fire needs to be put out," the Pyngwyn Prince replied.

Bravely, Rockhopper Lad and his team rescued about 200 sentients, using their various powers to lead them out of the blaze.

Upon all arriving outside safely, Matlock put his hand on Rockhopper Lad's shoulder, "Care to show us your new power again?" he smiled.

"I think that might work," and, with as much effort as it would have taken him before to blow out a candle, Rockhopper Lad used his newfound super-breath to extinguish the flaming embassy.

Among the first people out of the embassy was Dr. Avis Wasser, who had earlier treated Rockhopper Lass when she first loss her memory. She and her nurse, Ben Gué had the forsight to bring their medical kits with them. "Some of these sentients will need medical care," Dr. Wasser said. We'll need a safe place to treat them.

"Allow me!" Rockhopper Lass said, as she created a large igloo. "It won't start melting for a day or so."

"That'll work, Rockhopper Lass," Dr Wasser smiled. "I'm glad you're doing better."

Rockhopper Lad faced his team, "Good work, folks. Time Teller Lad, you, Hyvvie and Old Dutch stay here with Dr. Wasser. The rest of us need to get back to Nightcrawler and the others."

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Deep Space, The Rave at Asteroid Zero

Maxx the Sorcerer stood with his husband, the pair relaxing as they looked at the writhing ravers.

"You know, I realize that you and Crujectra are stronger than you used to be, but isn't repairing the universe a little... bigger than the both of you?"

The Crusader smiled. "Honestly? Yeah, it was. I'm not entirely sure how it all came down, but we had some Celestial Help with that. Crujectra has acted as a conduit for the LMBP Spectre, if you'll remember, so she kinda thinks that might be how it went down. We felt power flooding in from somewhere..."

Maxx relaxed, a little relieved. "Well, that's good. Not that I mind you being powerful, but that was a little more powerful than is healthy, I think."

Crusader laughed and hugged his husband a little tighter. "You've got that right. I was happy with my old power levels. I have no interest in getting any stronger than I am now."

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

The Ruins of the Dark Oval Embassy

Bat-Fem, Jada Konti, Seth Gaterra and Nightcrawler advance amid the chaos that their ally Clark Marlowe has created. They have to fight off a few strays, but the majority of the 52 are preoccupied by Clark and returning members of Rockhopper Lad's group.

Soon, the foursome find a doorway partially concealed by rubble. They find that the doorway is sealed by an opaque energy field.

Bat-Fem says, "this must be the way in!"

Nightcrawler agrees and turns to Seth. "Can you destroy this barrier?"

Seth's tacit response is to remove the glove from his right hand. He reaches out to the energy barrier but recoils as it reacts to the proximity of Seth's nimbus with an electrical backlash. Seth is hit dead-on by this energy and is sent reeling several feet back.

Getting back to his feet gingerly, Seth gasps, "not...going to work on it...defense mechanism..."

"What about the areas around and above the door?" Nightcrawler suggests.

"Negative," Bat-Fem's responds before Seth can reluctantly attempt the new strategy. "The infra-red lenses on my mask are showing that energy signature extends around, and probably below, a large area. I would guess it protects the whole bunker where their bomb is located.

"Might that contain the explosion?" Jada posits.

"They're crazy, Jada, but not stupid," Bat-Fem scoffs. "I'd bet the field is in synch with the bomb's timer, so it deactivates when the bomb's ready to explode."

"Maybe Clark can get through it?" Seth suggests.

"Perhaps," Nightcrawler says, "but I'll bet physical attacks will have the same effect on it as your energy attack. And besides, we don't have time to try to extract Clark from that melee." He motions toward a mound of sentients pig-piling on someone, most likely Clark.

"For all we know, it may already be too late," Bat-Fem adds, her gaze fixed on Nightcrawler. "Maybe we could teleport in."

"We might," Nightcrawler admits, knowing that Bat-Fem's statement was directed squarely at him, "but it would be a blind 'port. I can't see anything that's behind that energy field. To teleport safely, I have to see where I'm going. Otherwise, we might rematerialize inside a wall!"

"Got any better ideas, elf?" Bat-Fem challenges. "Legion World's running out of time!"

"Ja," Nightcrawler decides, "it's our best option. But I can't ask the three of you to take this risk with me."

"I am willing to take the risk," Seth says. "After all, my power is crucial to our plan!"

Bat-Fem and Jada look at each other and smile knowingly.

Bat-Fem says, "we're in, too, elf. Whatever happens, we're all in this together!"

"Alright, then, come close to me, my friends. If this is our last moment alive, I will consider myself privileged to have died with such brave comrades!"

The four come together and bunch in tightly. Nightcrawler concentrates on the barrier and imagines where he needs to be. Then he says a silent prayer and goes for broke.

BAMF!

[ January 28, 2007, 02:03 AM: Message edited by: LARDLAD ]

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

A bunker beneath the Dark Oval Embassy

"AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!"

The quartet arrive the next moment at the top of a small stairwell. Immediately, they are startled by the sound of someone screaming.

A millisecond later, the other three are horrified to see that Nightcrawler's left hand has been phased into the adjacent bunker wall. The pain for him is beyond unbearable, and it is his screams that echo through the alcove.

"Nightcrawler!" Bat-Fem cries. "I'm so sorry for pushing you into th--"

"F-forget about it, f-fraulein. G-get Seth to that bomb! Sh-SCHNELL!"

Knowing he's right, Bat-Fem turns to the other two, "there's no time! Let's go!"

Somewhat reluctantly, Jada and Seth follow Bat-Fem down a flight of stairs and enter a chamber at the bottom.

Kalla Hryl and Wrath, her shadowy lieutenant, are poised as the trio enter, having been forewarned by Nightcrawler's screams. Kalla recognizes all three immediately from files provided by Wyandotte in her preparations. Her eyes widen particularly at the sight of Seth Gaterra.

"Wrath!" Kalla screams, "subdue that male! He may have the power to destroy the Great Plague!"

"That won't happen, mistress!" Wrath responds, and he charges Seth.

Seth can't do anything to stop him as he's suddenly being grappled from behind by the shadow creature. Seth's arms are locked in such a way that he can't extend his hands to make contact with Wrath.

Jada and Bat-Fem try to pry Wrath off their friend but find their hands passing right through the creature. Somehow, the creature can simultaneously remain solid enough to exert physical force on Seth but be completely untouchable to Jada and Bat-Fem.

"This wraith has total control of its mass," Bat-Fem assesses. "Let's see what we can do with the bomb!"

But the one who has been annointed Bride of the Void by the Church's followers stands in their way, surrounded by a white glow and looking oddly beautiful in her bridal gown. There's nothing beautiful about her maniacal smile, though.

"Distract her Jada," Bat-Fem shouts. "I've got to get to that bomb!"

Wordlessly, Jada charges the Bride, and the two fall to the ground, grappling. Kalla's energy powers don't work well in close quarters, but she's not at all unskilled at hand-to-hand. Jada notices immediately that Kalla's strength is well above average, possibly enhanced by her powers.

As Jada connects with a right cross to Kalla's head that sends the latter's veil flying, Bat-Fem has already reached the bomb.

The first thing she notices is its power source. "Sprock...a mini-miracle machine--there's no way to stop this from going off!"

Trembling slightly, Bat-Fem looks at the digital counter. Two minutes left. In exactly 120 seconds Legion World will die.

--------------------

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.