Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » "Omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis" - 52 days after INVASION (Page 15)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: "Omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis" - 52 days after INVASION
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Legion World Orbit

“Maxx, a word please,” said Pagan Lass, flying over to the Sorcerer, who looked annoyed that he’d be pulled away from his husband during such a dangerous moment. Realizing it was Pagan Lass, whose husband was also in danger, he quickly gave his attention. “Our magics may be useful here,” she continued, “or they very well may not be. We both know that. But I think there might be something we can do that will help, that can free up my husband and protect the ones we love,” she finished, looking at the hurt Beagle Boy and Yellow Kid, who were quickly being joined by Invisible Brainiac and others.

“Yes,” said Maxx, “…I think you’re right.”

Not far off, the LMB scattered, as Sol Invictus sent his rain down upon them, which came down in hot, black, piercing ash, burning their skin and emitting fumes into the faces that burnt their insides. “I don’t know if it’ll work,” said Tamper Lad to Dr. One, “we haven’t had much time…”

“I know,” replied Dr. One, “…but it’s all we’ve got right now. If we can try to convert this being into something more carbon-based, we might just have a fighting chance…”

“It doesn’t matter boys,” said Stealth, “we ran out of time the minute we entered orbit. Give me what you have and I’ll see what I can do to make it happen,” she added, taking the device.

“Not alone,” said CJ Taylor, the LMBer known as Enigma, “we’re in this together.” By his side were Kid Prime and Harbinger.

“I’ll show that thing where he can stuff that device…” said Harbinger.

“Looks like we have a fifth partner,” said Kid Prime, nodding to Everyday Girl, joining them.

“Ohmygod,” she began, “if my gran or grandpa catch me I’m in so much trouble, but, I, like, have to help, so lets just go and do this,” she said, cocking the triggers on her two 9mm pistols.

“I like your style,” said Stealth with a wicked grin, and they were off.

Closer to Sol, Kid Vudoo carried Monkey-Eater Lad, joining Quislet, Esq. and the Royal Inquisitor. “It’s no use,” said Vu, “we’re racking up injuries too fast and Sol Invictus seems unhindered.” He looked over to see Poverty Lad, Blacula, Ultra Matt and Lash Lad doing their best, but having no effect. Not much farther away, fire rained down up on Suddenly Seymour, Fat Cramer, Lard Lad and Mystery Lad, protecting only by the LardForce and the additional help of Leap Year Lass. Vu carried MEL, Quis and Roy to Kent thinking quietly…“we’re losing…” he thought.

“Let go, Abin,” said Pagan Lass some distance away, “Maxx and I will protect them now. No LMBers will perish in this fight, you have my word.”

“She’s right,” said Maxx. “We may not be much help against Sol, but our magic will keep you all living…” he added, holding her hand.

“I’m here for you too,” said Dru the Sorceress, and she also extended her hand. “I know neither of you trust me, and you have little reason to, but there are people out there that I love as well, and I want to protect them.” Maxx and Pagan Lass looked at her hand with some hesitation, and finally, Pagan Lass grasped it. All three were there for the same reasons.

Abin Quank let go, and a tremendous strain was released. He had no time to enjoy it. “I’m joining them,” he said, immediately flying off.

“Magic works better in threes,” said a figure, smiling, as the two suddenly saw Iron Rat, aka STU, aka the LMB’s resident magic-user and longtime member, “but this is one fourth that I think you’ll welcome”. He had not been seen in sometime. “The LMB doesn’t go out in a blaze of glory without their most famous mage,” he smiled, and grabbed Pagan Lass’ other hand. “Follow my lead,” he said to them, “and we’ll protect our friends.” At once the three began to hum, and a subtle purple aura began to glow around them.

Near Sol Invictus, Crusader and Spellbinder unleashed a torrent of telekinetic energy, Crusader’s being the prime source. With their powers boosted, the blast was greater than even they predicted, but it still had no effect, throwing them backwards.

“Mykel!” yelled Crujectra, spiraling back, as Crusader took the brunt of the backlash of telekinetic energy.

“Okay Bob,” said Crusader out loud, “I’m sure you’re laughing now…”

Spellbinder suddenly felt the arms of someone grab her, and she turned to see a familiar smiling face—one that she had not seen unscarred in many, many long months. “Miss me?” said Cobalt Kid, as he held her. “I’ve brought help,” he added with a familiar smile, and nodded towards Reboot and Emerald Varalent, who were by his side.

“Quit goofing off, Cobalt,” said Reboot, moving towards Actor Lad.

“Well Cobie, what do you say?” added Vee with a smile. “You interrupted my mission for this, so now I get to show you something I’ve been thinking about doing…”

Closer to battle, the small group of Stealth, Kid Prime, Enigma, Harbinger and Everyday Girl moved forward, making no noise and with great haste. “C’mon…” said Dr. One watching from a distance. “…that’s it KP, keep up your shield around them…”. But it was to no avail. Without hesitating, Sol Invictus sensed their lack of heat and felt a void that must be filled—and so he issued forth a flame so great, that it came close once more to penetrating the confines of space, time and reality. “No!” said Dr. One, one voice among many who witnessed it. In almost slow-motion they saw the flame burst forth, and knew their friends were dead. And in one instant, a familiar mini-gate opened, and the figure of Outdoor Miner appeared, effortlessly taking them away, milliseconds before their death.

“Miner!” said Dr. One. “Thank Rao!”

“Was that a beer in his hand?” said Tamper Lad, “one of those imported ones that are costing me a fortune?” further thinking to himself.

As some LMBers cheered, Reboot looked to Actor Lad with no smile. “I don’t know they’re cheering,” he told the leader, “that might have been our greatest chance, and its gone.”

[ January 09, 2007, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Embassy Row

The battle had begun, and in full fury. Before the gathered motley crew on Embassy Row stood at least two score of the enemy, though they appeared to be ragtag themselves. In truth they were not…they were united for a single purpose, some believing steadfast in the teaching of the Church of the Eternal Void, some wanting profit and some purely there for their hate of the LMB and Legion World. But they knew their plan was brilliant, and it was in the eleventh hour of its completion.

“We need to get past them,” said Helena Handbasket, “and make our way into the old Dark Oval Embassy.”

“Well, my social reform of Legion World certainly won’t work if they succeed,’ said a voice and they all turned to see Nova Girl arrive, with a horsewhip in her hands.

“Welcome Nova Girl,” said Nightcrawler grimly. “…it appears that we’re all that is left between these 52 and Legion World. I will not let them bring harm to my planet.”

“And we’ll defend it by your side,” said Jailbait Lass, stepping forward. Up until now, she had been in the background, letting Helena and Seth take the forefront. Now she let the black trench coat she borrowed from Cobalt Kid ripple in the wind, and she pulled out her Security Office issued pistol. She remembered her hallucinations about the cruiser flight home. She was ready for this…she was ready for a fight.

Nova Girl smiled at her. “Well, well…the surprises never cease…” she said.

“INCOMING!” yelled Hyvvie, as suddenly the various heroes scattered.

A giant meteor landed smack in the middle of them, destroying the street around them. They all rolled with the impact and got in position for a battle, as the meteor suddenly shifted shape to form that of a bi-pedal being. It spoke, with lava flowing from its mouth. “The streets of Legion World will be long gone!” yelled the Church of the Eternal Void member, “and our glory will be renowned in the new world!”

“Save it!” yelled Seth, leaping towards him with arms outstretched, unleashing a torrent of power. The other heroes turned to the rest of the two score enemies. They charged.

Legionnopolis

All around the city, various members of the 52 wreaked their havoc and begun the final assault on Legion World. Once more, the streets were littered with battle.

“Alright, keep yer cools!” yelled baby Matlock. “fan-out, and find a partner to tussle with!”

Suddenly, one of the security officers saw a streak of black and yellow fly by at maximum speed, hurtling off into orbit. “Look, up in the sky!” said the security officer holding Matlock. “What the hell was that?”

“Looks like the incoming LMB leader is about to make his entrance up there…” said baby Matlock.

The Jungle Kingdom of Legion World

Though the LMB was the main threat the ‘52’ took no chances. As the pacifist, science-based Gorilla Kingdom of the Legion World Jungles prepared to aid their Legion World cousins, they too felt the fury of the ‘52’ as Project Codename: Validus marched towards them. He was all that was needed of the 52 to keep them busy, while the other 51 did their job.

Greg Evignan Island

“And now”, said Potty Mouth Master, secretly posing as Soho for all these months, “we’ll shut down this little gathering before they think they can stop Sol Invictus from destroying their friends…”

“At last,” said Psychotic Beaver, “I get my revenge on Shark Lad!” With a ferocity unseen on Greg Evignan Island throughout its existence, Psychotic Beaver and Studly Woodchuck were unleashed on Greg Evignan Island.

Embassy Row, Legionnopolis

Helena and Nova Girl ran forth as Nightcrawler bamfed ahead, taking on whoever they could. Though some of the Church members were unpowered, they were still ferocious and armed with Dominator-tech, the origins of their existence showing the connection to the Dark Oval, despite being so secretive. However, it became apparent that the 52 chosen for this mission were not just Church-believers looking to be martyrs. They were specifically chosen by race. Almost every member was of a home-planet, whose people had specific abilities that could be considered ‘super’.

The woman known as Codename: Virus leapt off of another Security Officer, smashing in his head, adding another kill to her list. Virus smiled, shrinking back down to microscopic size. The Dominators had experimented on her, and given her something that many would envy: Kryptonian DNA strands, embedded in her own. A boost in strength and invulnerability combined with her own super-shrinking made her a deadly assassin—even if the experiment caused great damage to her mind. Now she set her sights on Jailbait Lass and smiled.

Not far off, a Bismollian, Codename: Cannibal, ran forward into the fray, his eyes spotting Helena. He let out a war-scream, in an attempt to unnerve her. “We will devour you all!” he screamed, “starting with you!”

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Hangar Bay, LMBP Plaza

Bob the Cat ran across the hangar deck, zigzagging gracefully around cargo bins and machinery. He ran up the gangplank of the nearest LMBP Cruiser. Once inside, he looked up at the airlock controls on the wall, four feet above the floor.

"Stupid humans," he muttered, and began leaping upward, trying to reach the controls. Finally, after nearly 8 tries, he reached out his hind leg and managed to connect with the control panel. As he stood there panting, the airlock hatch slid closed, and he could hear the airlock pressurizing.

He turned to run through the passenger section, and then down the access corridor to the cockpit. He leaped up into the command chair and looked at the consoles and panels arranged before him.

"Errrrr... right, then," Bob said, eyes squinting to read the displays before him. Interlac might be them preferred language of sentients across the United Planets, but in honesty it was mostly gibberish to him. He was sure he knew enough to get through this, though. After all, he WAS a cat.

He leaped up onto the control panel and began walking across it, paws triggering controls as he moved. Suddenly, the ship's engines roared to life, and the cruiser began to rise up off the floor. "Ha! Piece of cake!" A few more controls opened the hangar bay doors.

"Now to just ease this thing out, and then it's off to join those ungrateful kids who decided to leave without me."

Suddenly, the cruiser lurched backward, ramming into the wall behind it. Teeth grit against the impact, Bob hopped back up on the counter again. "Okay, so maybe my Interlac isn't all it's cracked up to be."

The LMBP Cruiser drifted forward, and Bob could hear the scrape of metal on metal and the cruiser didn't quite clear the hangar doors. Regardless, he was now outside.

The LMBP Cruiser began to rise slowly up into the air. Bob sighed and sat back in the command chair. He wasn't going to get there fast, but at least he was more or less heading in the right direction.

Hopefully someone up there would be able to tell him how to brake...

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion World Orbit

Seeing five of his friends nearly get flash-fried set something off inside Lard Lad. It made him very, very angry...made him want to end this right here, right now before they lost someone for real.

Moments earlier, it had taken all he had with some help from Leap Year Lass to save himself and some of the others from a blast. But as the anger within grows, he feels power well within him, power such as he's never wielded before. His eyes glow purple, and he points his fists in Sol Invictus's direction. He feels an absolute clarity then...that he's about to save the day singlehandedly. He smiles broadly.

Elsewhere, Lard Lord has been with a contingent of LMBers whose assignment it is to protect Legion World from Sol Invictus's stray blasts. Tirelessly, he's deflected more than his share.

But suddenly, Lard Lord feels a surge of Lard Force unlike any he'd felt since he had gone berzerk on Earth-4...when he'd killed his two best friends, among others. A feeling of terror overcoming him, Lard Lord looks around and spots his counterpart from this dimension, Lard Lad, aglow with such a bright purple glare that it almost rivals that of Sol Invictus.

His jaw drops as he watches Lard Lad focus his power buildup into a potent blast that hits Sol Invictus with its full force. The assembled LMBers are stunned to see their foe actually taken aback slightly. Effective or not, Sol Invictus definitely felt that one!

Unfortunately, Sol Invictus regains his posture almost instantly and looks to swat this mosquito that caused him a momentary discomfort. Lard Lord looks at his counterpart and sees that he looks winded. Then he sees the godlike deity zeroing in on the one who dared annoy him.

"Come on, Lard Lad! Teleport out of there!" Lard Lord 'yells' through the telepathic plug.

"C-can't..." Lard Lad manages to think back.

In horror Lard Lord sees the killing blast being fired. In the longest split seconds Lard Lord has ever known, he briefly hesitates, then decides on a course of action.

Seeing his death coming for him, Lard Lad tries to concentrate on a 'port, or at least to get a shield up, but to no avail. "Dru..." he whispers and closes his eyes.

But before death can reach him, Lard Lord appears next to Lard Lad, positions himself in front of him and in the blast's path and puts up the strongest possible Lard Force shield he can muster. Hot, molten flame, hotter than any fire imaginable, washes over the shield, and Lard Lord screams.

Opening his eyes at the sound, Lard Lad is shocked to see the flame being deflected harmlessly away from him. He could feel the heat--it was uncomfortable, and he could feel blisters rising all over him--but he was alive. Within moments the fire from the blast was completely gone. He wondered who had saved his life and where the scream came from.

Then he saw someone floating limply several yards in front of him. "Cobalt?" he said tentatively, more than a little afraid that he was right. He willed his flight ring to move him forward, and he was shocked to learn the identity of his savior.

"Lard Lord!" he shouted and flew over to help him. Lard Lord was alive, but he didn't look good at all. Though he'd deflected most of the blast, he had taken a huge dose of radiation at ground zero. If it was possible for him to look worse than he had in the wake of the assault by his Earth's Thora years ago, Lard Lord indeed looked even more badly burned. "Hang on, pal--I'm gonna get you down to the Medical Center. They'll fix you--"

"No need, Anthony," Lard Lord said weakly. "It's too late for me..."

This shocked Lard Lad, making him feel a combination of disbelief and anger. "No! Don't talk like that, man--you've got a lot to live for. Leelee--I mean, Mordra--she needs you! You've got to pull through for her!"

"Moe and I...we're at peace with each other. She'll...she'll be sad...but she'll make it...listen..."

"Lard Lord...Tony...you can't die! Not for my stupid mistake!" and tears start to sting his eyes. "I acted rashly. You--you should have let me die!"

"I'm...glad you see your mistake, Anthony...that path is one...you need to steer clear of. You--you don't have to be a hero, Anthony. It can be a noble calling...but it also can cause great vanity...quit the LMB and just--just learn to be Anthony. Y-you've got your whole life ahead of you...it's a gift...my gift...to you.....don't.....waste........."

And with those words, Lard Lord passes into the afterlife. Lard Lad closes his counterpart's eyes and bows his head.

After a long moment, Lard Lad raises his head and says, "I won't waste it, Tony. I won't."

And Lard Lad reluctantly leaves the body to help his living friends however he can in this desperate hour.

[ January 08, 2007, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: LARDLAD ]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phineas B. Fuddle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phineas B. Fuddle           Edit/Delete Post     
Greg Evignan Island

The various heroes were gathered around the table, some LMBers, some friends: Eryk Davis Ester, Kid Gender Stereotype Reversal II, Lonestar Ranger, Liberty Monkey, M’Baku, Space Tart, Captain Lightbulb, Turns You Into a Country Fred, Faraway Lad and Lucien Lad.

“It’s brilliant,” said Faraway Lad to Captain Lightbulb, M’Baku and Eryk Davis Ester, adding “…and it just might bloody work.”

“Thanks,” said the Captain, “it’s good to be back to normal. I figure if we’re going to do this, we probably have little to no chance, so we might as well make it as far out as possible.” The giant lightbulb on his head was burning bright.

“As far out as possible is the LMB’s speciality,” said Lucien Lad with a smile, “and its about time things got off-kilter, or I was liable to go evil.”

Suddenly one of Eryk Davis Ester’s Triumvirate soldiers ran into the room! “Sir! We’re up shits creek! It’s—“ BLAST! Suddenly, he fell backwards in pain as he was shot through he back!

“You’ve by now guessed,” smiled Potty-Mouth Master, entering the room, “that you’re all screwed.” Psychotic Beaver and Studly Woodchuck suddenly leaped onto the table, tearing it to shreds!

“No!” screamed Shark Lad in a rage. “Not here! Not now! How can you still be alive…?” he said, looking at them.

“Ha!” yelled Pscyhotic Beaver, “too bad dear brother, that no matter how we still are, you’ll be the one to suffer!” she yelled, slicing him across the face. And suddenly, that was enough. For months now, Shark Lad had suppressed his ferocious rage, only to almost let it come spilling out in the UP/Dark Oval War. Coming to Greg Evignan Island was enough to hold it off—but no longer.

“AAARRGH!” screamed Shark Lad he charged forward at them.

“Sharky, no! Be smart!” yelled Space Tart leaping after him, as Lonestar Ranger fired at Potty-Mouth Master and Liberty Monkey and KGSR II joined the fray. “We’ll hold them off,” said Spacey, “you guys do what needs to be done!”

“Jeepers!” said EDE, turning, “Sharks sure scare me!” Suddenly, his magic Luck Lord appeared by his side.

“Perhaps I can help,” it said, then turning to Faraway Lad, “you were going to make an exit?”

“Yes,” said Faraway, “but you know my powers are not so precise.” He smiled. “With a little luck though…” The Luck Lord grinned.

“Let’s go Fred,” said Captain Lightbulb, “You’re essentially to the plan. M’Baku and I are joining our LMB friends here, and we need you.”

“Me?” said TYIC Fred, “uh, sure, I guess. Generally I’m here for comedy relief,” he added.

“Honey,” said Lucien Lad, “you’re all here for comedy relief,” and with that Faraway Lad used his powers on himself, Lucien Lad, Eryk Davis Ester, Captain Lightbulb, TYIC Fred and M’Baku, as the Luck Lord added in his own touch.

Legion World Orbit

Dr. One, Mystery Lad and Tamper Lad scattered farther off with their flight rings, hoping to get a moment to come together, while the LMB once more tried a few last ditch efforts to defeat Sol Invictus. Nothing had worked so far, and the results were blatant: LMBers hurt, injured and out of battle, while the remaining few were exhausted and weakening.

“Bah!” said Tamper Lad. “Together we should be able to not only stop him, but use this to our advantage!”

“I know Tamper,” said Dr. One, “but everything we’ve tried so far…”

“Jeepers Doc!” said the voice of Eryk Davis Ester, as the six heroes suddenly appeared around them, “looks like you guys are exactly where we need you!”

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Legion World Orbit

“Hang back for a second Crujeckie, you and Mykel must be exhausted,” said Cobalt, as he held her close.

She smiled at him. “You’ve been gone too long dear,” she said, “I wouldn’t worry too much about Mykel and myself these days…”she added, referring to her power boost. They were still a bit far off from the battle, though Reboot had flow in closer.

“C’mon Cobie,’ said Vee, near them with Crusader, “let’s give Sol Invictus a little taste of what we’ve been cooking up…” Cobalt smiled, and used his magnetism to quickly fly by his side. Vee’s Emerald Eye gave them a boost and the two were suddenly approaching Sol Invictus at an incredible rate. Cobalt and Reboot had been making their way back to Legion World when they became aware that Vee was on a secret mission. The three now had their own theory—that Vee had purposely been led away from Legion World because of how powerful he had become. Whoever was causing this trouble wanted him off-world. And now that he was back, he’d show them why it was a good plan.

Up ahead, they saw Lash Lad and Poverty Lad fighting on, while various LMBers scattered, as Sol Invictus launched yet again another burst of flaming light down up on them. Rhino and Saturn Girl scattered, as Suddenly Seymour and Umber were almost consumed—only saved at the last minute by Outdoor Miner, who continued o do what he could to keep the LMBers alive.

“Damn…he’s bright Vee,” said Cobalt as the two moved forward.

“I know,” said Vee, but he was concentrating too hard. He used his power to focus on the molecules in front of him, all the microscopic building blocks between him and Sol Invictus. Gradually, he began to enlarge them at an incredible rate, as Cobalt used his magnetism to push them forward with great force. The Emerald Eye focused in on them, and gave them needed fire power to move forward without hesitation, as Vee and Cobalt used their combined powers to create a mass of accelerated, growing hard-body molecules acting as a wedge of pure force. In an instant, they exploded down upon Sol Invictus, and fire and light shot forth around them.

BOOM!

For the first time, Sol Invictus faltered back as if he might fall, while Vee and Cobalt found themselves covered in the horrible fire of one million suns. “I’ve got you!” yelled a voice as Poverty Lad pulled them out, although is martian skin was specifically vulnerable to fire.

“Thanks Pov,” smiled Cobalt, as Pov flew them to safety, as the Emerald Eye quickly repaired Vee.

Vee was not pleased however. “We did little damage,” he said. “…damn, and it was such a good plan too. We simply can’t beat Sol by force,” he added.

“Correct,” said Reboot, rejoining them with Actor Lad. “We’re sure of that now. Something needs to be done. I’ve had Glitch analyzing ways to reboot him, although its not quite as easy as it sounds.”

A bit far off, the magic-users sat in silence, focusing away from the universe and on the spell they were weaving together. Iron Rat (STU), Pagan Lass, Maxx and Dru the Sorceress continued pressing on with their complicated incantation with one sole purpose. To stop any more lives from being lost. The effects could be felt. In order to do so, they must make themselves vulnerable the pain that Sol Invictus inflicted. Though far off from the battle, the magic demanded a price—each magic-user was now covered in burns. It was worsening.

Dr. One and Tamper Lad turned to see Outdoor Miner depositing Suddenly Seymour and Umber near Kent. Seymour looked unhurt, but Umber was badly burnt. “Like…that totally sucked…” she said quietly, as Miner handed her off to Kent. Miner turned to see LardLad holding the dead body of Lard Lord, and shook his head. This battle was taking quite a toll on them.

Dr. One turned to the people who had just arrived near him. “I think, my friend,” said Dr. One, “that you arrived just in time.” He and Tamper Lad turned now to Eryk Davis Ester, who stood by them with Faraway Lad, Lucien Lad, Turns You into a Country Fred, Captain Lightbulb and M’Baku.

“I sure hope so!” said Eryk. “By the sound of our plan though, we’ll only be able to try this one time, so I, er, guess, we’ll know soon enough!”

“Oh please,” said Lucien Lad, “let’s just get this over with! I’m too fabulous to be on the sidelines any longer!”

“Agreed,” said a voice, as they saw a flash of black and yellow, and Kid Marvel suddenly flew down next to them. “It’s time to end this. What is the plan EDE?”. He was the incoming LMB Leader, and Kid Marvel was ready to assume command. Eryk smiled. Actor Lad’s leadership in the field and Kid Marvel’s willingness to be the point man with this plan proved that the LMB Leader was still a job that encouraged worthy LMBers to exemplify the role.

“Call over Actor Lad and Reboot,” said M’Baku the Science-Gorilla, “now it is time for a reckoning.”

[ January 09, 2007, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The Streets of Legionnopolis

As the fireball the Security cruiser was turned into begins to burn itself out, two figures shakily begin to regain their footing on the streets below.

Looking around, Shady first spots Hummer Lass dusting herself off. "Are you okay, dear?" Shady asks her.

"Yes, I'm fine," she responds. "Do you see the others?"

Guided more by her telepathy than anything else, Shady looks east. Concentrating on the mental signals from their compatriots, Shady tells Hummer Lass, "they're both alive and about...one hundred feet that way. Bat-Fem...managed to swing them off the cruiser while you and I flew...but something's wrong with Bat-Fem. She's in some kind of distress! We've got to--"

But she's cut off as a mob of panicked citizens run by and block her intended path. Looking at where the mob is coming from, Shady sees they have good reason to flee!

--------

As the mob run by, Jada Konti searches for the woman whose quick thinking saved her life. "Bat-Fem...Mordra? Where are y--?" Her sentence falls incomplete as she spots Bat-Fem crouched nearby, hunched over as if in pain.

"Gods! Mordra--are you hurt?"

Moving closer, she sees that the vigilante is apparently uninjured but is sobbing fiercely.

"Mordra? What's wrong?" Jada says as she bends down and places a comforting hand on the woman's shoulder.

Gasping for breath, Mordra manages to speak. "He--he's gone! I f-felt him die..."

Bewildered, Jada looks around to see if she overlooked a body. Seeing nothing, she asks, "Who, Mordra? Who died?"

"Tony," she bellows, "my husband...I...I just felt his death."

"I...I don't understand, hon...I thought you didn't have any powers. How can you know?"

"I don't have any, Jada, but my husband did. However he did it, he reached out to me as he was dying...he's..gone."

"I'm so sorry, Mordra," Jada comforts, "I truly am."

Suddenly their moment is interrupted as they see what Shady and Hummer Lass saw chasing the frantic crowd.

Wiping her eyes, Bat-Fem's gaze hardens at the incoming threat. "War-Bot," she concludes, having sized it up. "You picked the wrong moment, machine!"

Embassy Row

Ace reporter Clark Marlowe observes all the chaos around him and finds it hard to maintain his objectivity.

"Damn!" he curses. "It's like the sprockin' Invasion all over again! Galactic Pulitzer or no, I can't just watch all of these people get slaugh--ARRRGGH!"

Suddenly, he's floored by a blinding pain. It's so piercing that he's barely aware that the pain radiates from his 'lucky crystal' as it hangs from his necklace. Though obstensibly clear with no coloring, the crystal radiates an increasingly brighter yellow light which engulfs him. If any in the chaos around him had time to notice and didn't also have the brighter distraction in the skies, they might think he was a small yellow sun.

Writhing on the ground Clark feels the crystal burning into his skin, but he's in too much pain to try to stop it. He manages somehow in desperation to climb to his feet and stumbles out of the alley he'd been observing from. He gets about 10 feet into the street and collapses into unconsciousness. The moment he falls, the yellow glow fades completely.

The next moment a panicked, stampeding mob fail to notice someone's in their path as they trample right over his limp form.

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Embassy Row

Cannibal, the Bismollian member of the ‘52’, ran forward at Helena Handbasket, screaming forth from the top of his lungs profanities and vulgarities. He was trying to unnerve her, trying to get her to fall backwards, giving him the upper-hand. He had a shaved head and black sunglasses on, but the most striking feature was that he had chiseled his teeth to look like fangs—a gesture that ensured all who saw him knew that he was a cannibal. He looked forward to eating the flesh of his enemies. But the woman he was attacking was not a regular citizen of Legion World, brave as they may be. She was a former Commander of the forces of the Dark Oval, and she had looked death and fear in the eye and spit back at it. She had known horrible pain and scars before, and her mechanical hand testified to that. She did not budge and did not shrink back, but simply allowed her instincts and her mind to take over. She moved at him at an equal pace, and now he was unnerved, but before he had the slightest chance to fall back—she was on him. And she crouched low and reached for his leg with her normal arm, she powered up her mechanical one and she knew she had him. *CRACK*! With an electrical pulse on top of it, her blow came right up into his chin, knocking him backwards. “Cannibal, eh?” she said with a smile, the heat of battle bringing her a comfort that she hadn’t felt in quite awhile. “You’ll have to work for this one,” she added.

Nova Girl, Nigthcrawler and Set Gaterra headed up closer to the oncoming 52. The Meteor-Man that had fallen in front of them was a few feet away, and he braced himself to take them out. He wouldn’t get the chance. Nightcrawler bamfed so he landed on top of the Meteor-Man’s head, and the smoke and brimstone threw off his senses, long enough for Nova Girl to take her bull whip and crack it along the creatures’ legs. Already going down, the creature had little chance to save himself as Seth let loose a cascade of power into his body, instantly knocking him unconscious.

“Would that they would all were so easy,” said Seth as they looked forward. Before them now were at least two score enemies, each one as dangerous as the next. Slowly the marched forward, blasting away and shooting a variety of powers into the fray. Unnamed Security Officers dropped like flies around them.

“I fear nothing,” said Nightcrawler, pulling out his rapier from its sheath, “…and I’m still unimpressed!” With that, Nightcrawler bamfed forward into the oncoming enemy, as Seth and Nova Girl once again moved forward.

Nova Girl yelled up to them, “Any who surrender would be wise to do so on my watch, as I will take that into careful consideration when I announce my plans for prison reform in the springtime!” They laughed back at her, although some let their anger at her words be known. They had no idea she was serious.

A little farther back, Jailbait Lass tried to keep up, her security-office issued blasters in both hands, firing into the fray, aiming at whatever she could. Cobalt’s trenchcoat flapped in the wind, and let it protect her from stray debris. She felt a presence to her left, and saw a member of the 52 leap at her. She was quick, dodging it, and throwing him to the side. She’d been on a long journey at this point and instinct had taken over. As the young man turned to her again, she was upon him, and she smacked him across the face with the butt-end of her blaster, breaking his nose instantly. She had lucked out. This was one of the powerless members of the Church of the Eternal Void…her fury in battle had an easy first test. She felt herself quiver in fear but held it back, and she remembered her hallucination of the Red Bee. This was it…victim or survivor…which was she?

The black jacket suddenly went fiery red, as the self-activating defense systems kicked on. Cobalt was no fool when it came to his own protection. Some sentient had landed on her person, and she knew was in serious danger! Jailbait Lass immediately tossed the jacket to her side, not knowing what was on her, Imskian, Durlan, something far worse? It fell and she tumbled away, her blasters ready, sweat trickling down her back and neck and fear everywhere around her. She heard a female laugh, as the enemy began to grow—she was right the first time, Imskian. Virus looked at her with a mocking expression. “Scared? You should be. You’re about to die…” she smiled, and she leapt at Jailbait Lass, growing small once more…

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

The Streets of Legionnopolis

As the stampeding mob rushes by, Bat-Fem, Jada Konti, Shady and Hummer Lass step out on the streets in their wake, putting themselves between the mob and the pursuing War-Bot. The War-Bot is a Dominion model about twenty feet in height, though most of that height consists of long tentacle-like legs. At the top of the legs is a metal sphere around five feet in diameter. The sphere's lone feature is a single rotating red 'eye' that fires powerful laser beams at anything that moves or has a heat signature.

The other three heroines stand behind Hummer Lass as she uses her recently-developing sonic powers to create a solid-sound barrier to deflect the Bot's death rays. These abilities have slowly manifested ever since Salad-Tosser Lord kidnapped her over two years ago and activated a dormant gene within her DNA helix. He released her immediately afterwards, explaining to her that he did this to help her protect herself in "...these increasingly dark times".

So far, she's been able to use her sonic manipulation to create shields like this one and to hover in the air. Oddly, she's developed empathic sensitivity which she used to help pull Lard Lad out of a catatonic state he'd fallen into during the Invasion.

But the War-Bot's rays were pushing her shield to the limit. "Ladies," she yells to the others, "do something quickly! I can't hold this up much longer!"

"It's okay, Pru-sweetie," Shady assures her, these two have a plan! Hold it just a bit longer...I'm going to use my powers to try to calm down the mob." Using her flight ring, Shady flies after the mass of frantic sentients.

Bat-Fem takes a cluster of small items out of her utility belt and gives half of them to Jada. Jad nods, and the two spring into action. Moving in front of Hummer Lass's shield, they get the War-Bot's attention.

The eye of the War-Bot focusses on them and fires. But Jada and Bat-Fem cartwheel in opposite directions before the beam can reach its mark. It slams harmlessly into Hummer Lass's shield though the impact on it makes Pru wince.

The eye is momentarily confused as it tries to choose which woman to target. Making it more difficult, Bat-Fem and Jada have perfectly synchronized their movements on opposite sides of the street. Another cartwheel here. A backflip there. A zig-zag run. The eye settles on short bursts to either side, trying to anticipate their movements, but none of the beams connect.

Finally, when the duo gets close enough to the War-Bot, as one, they throw the small items at the War-Bot's tentacles. The items stick to the mechanical appendages, courtesy of powerful magnets built into them.

Jada and Bat-Fem then perform a series of backflips in a retreat pattern. A second later, the devices explode, and the sphere atop, with its deadly eye, smashes into the pavement and is destroyed.

For a moment Bat-Fem and Jada, rejoining Hummer Lass, admire their handiwork. Finally, Bat-Fem scoffs, "obviously, it's one of the cheaper models."

Jada, more impressed than Bat-Fem, turns to her and exclaims, "we make quite the team, Mordra. That was...exhilirating!"

Bat-Fem smiles a humoring smile and places her hands on Jada's shoulders. "On my world...my Jada and I used to do that kind of thing before breakfast!"

Jada smiles and the two share an embrace. For Bat-Fem, this bonding at least momentarily takes the edge off of her grief.

As the two break their embrace while Hummer Lass catches a breather, Shady returns. "I've managed to calm that mob and got them to seek shelter. But there's no time for a rest, ladies. We've got to go to the ruins of the Dark Oval Embassy immediately!"

Wearily, but no less determined, the foursome head east to their destiny.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Legion World Orbit

“Alright,” said Actor Lad over his omni-com, “all LMBers currently not helping with the finale, I need you to make a hit at Sol right now. Keep him busy and keep him preoccupied. But please, above all else, be safe.” Actor Lad turned to Kent, who was finishing up bandaging Umber. He laid her next to Beagle Boy and Yellow Kid who were still hurt. The other hurt LMBers were up, however, refusing to not be a part in the final battle. Actor now turned to Kid Marvel. “I know you want to be out there, leading them, but remember we’re going to need you for the final battle.”

“I’ll be there,” said Kid Marvel, confidently.

“Good luck then,” said Actor Lad, giving him a pat across the shoulder blades. Kid Marvel flew off, and immediately, a flurry of LMBers flew on after him towards Sol in all directions, attempting to keep him distracted: Lash Lad, Arachne, Fat Cramer, Monkey-Eater Lad, Quislet, Esq., the Royal Inquisitor, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, Sketch Lad, Leap Year Lass, Rhino, Suddenly Seymour, He Who Wanders, Caliente, Frio, the Ghost of Numf-El, Gigglebot Girl, Kid Prime, Stealth, Engima (CJ Taylor), Harbinger, Everyday Girl, Homecoming Queen and recent arrivals Icefyre, Dev-Em and Loser Lad, who had traveled all the way from the Earth-front to join this battle.

All about Sol Invictus they flew now, getting closer and closer to them, attempting to confuse and befuddle him, as he rained down upon the righteous flame of his wrath.

The magic-users concentrated again, and the four of them issued forth another spell of protection, hoping it would be successful in saving their loved ones.

Now Actor Lad turned to the think-tank operation they had going. Before him was the LMB’s smartest and most savvy: Tamper Lad, Dr. One, Reboot and Mystery Lad, along with the Science-Gorilla M’Baku and Captain Lightbulb, who had created this crazy plan. “Will it work?” he said. They all looked at each other with some skepticism.

“We’ll make it work,” said Reboot.

The LMBers scattered around Sol Invictus, inviting the pain of the pure blinding light of his essence, and the hot, blue flame upon their skin. They were exhausted.

“This is almost too much to comprehend,” said Spellbinder to her brother, “but then again, that’s been the story of our lives since we met this little group,” she added with a smile.

He smiled back. “Well, looks like Bob the Cat entered our lives at just the precise time Crujeckie,” he replied. “I was always the one more telekinetically inclined, but this will take both of us. “Who would have thought we’d be tearing open a hole in the universe itself?”

“I guess its along the lines of rebreaking a bone to get it back in the correct position to heal right. We need to reopen the 52 weak points of the universe per that Science-Gorilla’s coordinates. And Lord help us what happens then.” She added, looking on valiantly. Behind, Cobalt Kid put his arms around her but said nothing. He was just so glad to have her in his arms again, fighting along side her—the bravest women he’d ever met. He kissed her cheek. ‘Be careful my love’ he whispered, though Crusader could hear the words said to his sister.

Cobalt flew off now, and dropped back down next to Emerald Vee, Star Boy and Mattropolis. He turned to see LardLad talking to Eryk Davis Ester. He had not seen either in some time. “I look at it like this Lardy,” he said loudly, interrupting the conversation between Eryk and Lardy without a care, “the destruction of the universe means the destruction of the Hootchie Hut…and I won’t have that on my watch,” he grinned widely.

LardLad turned, and a giant smile came over his face. They’d both been through hell for the past few months, with many ups and many downs, but had not seen each other in some time. “I never did care much for pansy battles myself,” he replied “…I like it much better when the universe itself is at stake. I’m a performer at heart you know,” he added, his implication referring to his libido.

“Jeepers!” said Eryk, “you guys aren’t going to trade one-liners all battle are you?”

“Only when it involves your hat Eryk,” said Vee, joining them, as Mattropolis, Star Boy and Invisible Brainiac laughed. “Let’s get down to business boys,” said Vee with a smile.

Near them, the ‘think-tank’ and Actor Lad looked on, watching as Sol Invictus was maneuvered farther away from Legion World, ever closer to themselves and the 52 weak points of the universe. “Almost…” he said over the omni-com to the assembled LMB, “…a little more.”

“Step forward Fred,” said Faraway Lad, as he and Outdoor Miner looked on. Now, Turns You into a Country Fred came forward.

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Six Years Ago

Fred was excited. Ever since he'd discovered his superhuman abilities three months earlier, he'd dreamed of using them to earn a spot in the LMB. And today he had his chance. Open tryouts. He was excited. And he was first in line.

The second in line was a squat, portly young man who introduced himself as "Hash". Hash was nervous. He was boiling over with a power he could barely control. Fred tried to keep his distance from Hash as best he could, lest he end up getting accidentally blasted by him and spoiling his own chances at LMB membership.

Soon, it was the moment Fred was waiting for. The LMB called him in to show his stuff. There were all his heroes: Lash Lad, Cobalt Kid, Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass, Lardlad. He was excited. And so thrilled to demonstrate his power when they asked him to.

He could tell by the looks on the faces of the LMBers that his tryout had not gone as well as he hoped.

Cobalt Kid was the one who told him the bad news: "We're sorry, Fred, but while your ability to remove the clothing from other sentients is impressive, I'm not sure how practical it would be in a fight. Especially since many of our villains are already naked."

Lardlad added: "Plus, if you use your powers on someone really HOT, it might distract us as much as our opponents!"

Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass tried to console him: "At least you get this consolation walking stick..."

Just then Loser Lad rushes in: "Guys, come quick! We've got an emergency outside! The next applicant just lost control of his powers and turned everyone else in line into countries of the former Soviet Union! I just barely missed getting turned into Kazahkstan!"

As the LMBers rushed out, Fred stood there heartbroken.

He remembered those days long ago, from both of his lives. The rejection he felt, the years of inadequacy he felt. Now was his big chance.

Reboot put his hand on Fred’s right shoulder. “Glitch…reboot this sentient to power level A.1, with focus on maximizing the body’s abilities, while minimalizing the personality effects…” At once, a power surged into Fred’s shoulder and he flinched, falling forward and clenching his stomach. Reboot stood there and squeezed harder, holding him up.

Now Lucien Lad stepped forward, and placed his hand on Fred’s left shoulder. The grandeur of Lucien Lad shined bright, and a grin, both beautiful and mischievous came across his face. “I remember the grand ol’ days of the LMB,” said Lucien Lad loudly, “when we could come up with cockamamie plans at the drop of a hat and figure out ways to defeat close to anything. “I’m feeling nostalgic dear Freddie,” he added, “…and I’m holding you accountable.” A bluster of purples and blue seemed to transmit fro Lucien Lad to TYIC Fred, and the effects were more visual to see: immediately, the glamour force of Lucien Lad was a visual highlight to the unseen change via Lucien Lad’s nostalgia powers. TYIC Fred suddenly had a new costume, complete with purples and yellows, and his black hair was changed in style, to reflect a newer, more glistened Fred.

Reboot and Lucien Lad held Fred up, and suddenly, he opened his eyes. He was different.

“Get out of there now, LMB!” yelled Actor Lad into his omni-com, and on the drop of a hat, the LMB scattered! Fred moved forward, next to Actor Lad, with Reboot and Lucien Lad by his side and power sparkled in his eyes.

“Captain Lightbulb beamed with pride. “It worked I think!” he said, “Fred, I now name you: Turns You into a Planet Fred!”

“Now Fred,” said Tamper Lad, “aim it at the monster, and shoot for the stars.”

And so Turns You into a Planet Fred aimed at Sol Invictus and let forth a blast from his hands, and all at once, the matter and energy in orbit outside of Legion World erupted in a cataclysm. Where once the sentient Sol Invictus was, now stood a growing, destructive body of energy and heat, a gigantic sun exploding forth, ripping apart the universe, as the sentient being Sol Invictus faded away and a giant planet-sun stood in its place.

“Ten seconds,” said Mystery Lad, “…until this destroys everything in this galaxy…”

[ August 29, 2008, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: Cobaltus Primus Augustus ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Legion World Orbit

Before them now as the giant planet-sun that was once known as Sol Invictus, and the energy and heat of one million suns and sun-eaters issued forth from it, threatening to consume not only Legion World, but the entire galaxy and galaxies beyond, perhaps the entire United Planets itself. Whereas they had time before, the LMB now only had seconds.

“NOW!” screamed Actor Lad into his omni-com and the House of Jectra responded. For weeks now, the being known as Bob the Cat had trained them in harnessing their powers, which had increased exponentially. Now it seemed so much clearer, as if the universe itself had foretold they would need the increase and would need the ability to use them with precision. Crusader and Spellbinder stood by each other and combined their telekinetic might. The universe was weakened here by fifty-two points, and had allowed Sol Invictus to re-enter it. The House of Jectra now pulled at these fifty-two points telekinetically and with great concentration…ripped it back open. A large rift in the universe began to open, as the strain began to tear at the minds and bodies of Crusader and Spellbinder. A single trickle of blood ran down Crusader’s nose. As the sun-planet of Sol Invictus threatened to destroy the galaxy, the rift in the universe threatened to destroy all that is.

“We’re up!” yelled Emerald Varalent, as those assembled by his side moved forward. Mattropolis and Star Boy were first, issuing forth all the power they could muster, increasing the mass of what was left of Sol Invictus to points they had never previously been able to reach. With great speed, the mass of the star known as Sol Invictus began to increase. Now, Cobalt Kid and Vee stepped forward, each preparing the unleash their powers upon the ball of light and energy. Cobalt Kid concentrated and focused his magnetism upon the powerful mass, attempting to keep it afloat along the electro-magnetic spectrum, keeping in tact as one complete mass, before it exploded. Varalent used his powers to grow the size of the molecules being emitted and contained by Cobalt’s magnetism, so that they were not only increased in mass, but also in a manageable size. Without a doubt this was too great a strain for any one man—but Varalent was not any one man, but a man of great power who controlled the Emerald Eye of Ekron, which guided him during this task, and allowed him to spread his power entirely around the mass and throughout it.

Now LardLad, Eryk Davis Ester and Abin Quank stepped forward. “Jeepers!” said Eryk, as the luck lord came forth, and moved toward the giant mass. Abin concentrated hard and encircled its massive frame with his green lantern’s ring, the strain almost unbearable, as the lucklord guided the combined powers of Star Boy, Mattropolis, Cobalt Kid, Varalent and Abin so that there powers were balanced throughout. Lardy used the Lardforce to drain the giant planet-sun so that it pulled the giant super-dense molecules forward in an orderly fashion, giving it a flight path that led it forth from where it currently lay on the verge of exploding to the rift in space created by the House of Jectra.

“Bloody Liberty,” said Kent to Actor Lad as he looked on. All of the rest of the LMB now looked on from the sidelines, watching in great awe, as the rippling power of the LMB was on display before them. “Now I see why we might be so feared in the universe,” Kent added. The sheer magnitude of what was happening before them was overwhelming.

Invisible Brainiac forth towards Sol Invictus now and joined alongside the Lardforce that was pulling it. Invisible Brainiac used all of his power to unleash a torrent of hard light energy, creating a visible flight path for all to see, so that the giant super-mass of what was once Sol Invictus could now focus on the light energy before it.

“LMBers!” yelled Kid Marvel. Not far off from the others, a small group had gathered with Kid Marvel: Poverty Lad, Blacula, Ultra Matt and Dev-Em. It was the LMB’s strongest members, and they prepared to follow his lead. “It’s touch is going to burn us. But our objective is clear. It’s up to us now, to push it through into the void between universes. Follow my lead!” Suddenly, Kid Marvel flew forth at top speed, gathering force and acceleration as he moved forth, crashing down into the side of the gigantic planet-sun, like an ant against it. But the power of the other LMBers held up, and what was once a burning mass of energy and light was now a solid, mobile mass of matter. Kid Marvel slammed into it and the rest of the super-strong LMBers followed suit. At all at once, it began to budge.

All at once, the LMBers began to move Sol Invictus out of the universe once more.

“Great Rao,” said Cobalt Kid to Mattropolis, “…the strain is incredible…”

“I can feel myself breaking…” said Mattropolis

“Just have to hold on a bit more…” said Vee to the rest of them.

Kid Marvel carried the mass as best he could, with Ultra Matt by his side and the others nearby. It burnt his hands with a pain he’d rarely felt in his existence. It was the planet-ized form of one million suns and sun-eaters, held together only by the other LMBers, before it could explode outwards. In order to do so, they made it the heaviest mass that ever existed in the multiverse. And finally, at once…it began to budge. “That’s it…” said Kid Marvel, leading them now, “…follow my lead…we can…do…this…” The super-strong LMBers gave it their all, each one pushing forward in painful silence.

“Unbelievable,” said Reboot to those around him, as the rest of the LMB gathered. “I never expected this to actually work…”

Not far away, the four magic-users sat in complete concentration, focusing on their friends. “Guys, guys, it’s okay…” said Actor Lad, interrupting them. “…we’re alright right now, we’re safe. There’s just a few more of us that need to be protected…”

Slowly, the five super-strong LMBers moved the planet-sun forward and began to pick up steam, as Lard Lad and Invisible Brainiac pulled it. Emerald Vee, Cobalt Kid, Eryk Davis Ester, Mattropolis, Star Boy and Abin Quank were now locked in their wills—they would not break.

And at last…it began to go through.

Once it began, it happened so quickly, that the haste of it created a new strain. A gigantic planet-sun, on the verge of erupting into a flaming mass that could be the be-all, end-all of the universe entered a hole in the universal fabric, and the vacuum it caused was felt. The LMB had little chance. All at once, each and every one of them were sucked into the mass, first the five super-strong LMBers, Kid Marvel at the front, then the rest.

“Now Miner,” said Faraway Lad, as Outdoor Miner ported to the very entrance to the hold in the universal fabric and grabbed the five LMBers, saving them. Faraway Lad turned to Crusader and Spellbinder, and now was the time the twins took their lead.

“What we’re about to do Crujeckie…” said Crusader, “…its so big, so insane…”

“It is Mykel,” said the voice of Bob the Cat, “…but this is who you were born to be. You can do this. Remember what I taught you.”

And all at once, it became clear that the Jectra Twins had been given a tremendous increase in power, and now they would be required to use it for the common good. The universe had been ruptured and then shoddily repaired so that a weak spot existed and was exploited. They were forced to recreate the wound, and now the Jectra Twins would repair it. Now they would perform telekinetic surgery on the universe and fix it, with Sol Invictus long gone. But the strain was incredible, and it would break them in two.

The LMBers continued to be pulled into the rift, and without knowing it, Crusader began collecting them, and pulling them back. Soon, the entire LMB was gathering around the two Jectra Twins, gradually being sucked ever closer into the rift, but now as a team, now as one unit of power. They gathered together and Crusader held them there. Abin Quank used his ring to create a platform for the entire team and the vacuum continued to pull them forward.

“The strain, Mykel,” said Crujectra, focusing on the telekinetic surgery they were performing. It was enough to shatter the two, save their wills would not let it. They had to follow the ‘surgery’ with precision, with directions from the greatest assembled minds in the universe, who were by their sides.

“Let me share it with you Crujeckie,” said a voice in her mind, and she knew it was Cobalt Kid. He had a telepathic link with her and their minds were open to each others. Now he sensed her pain, and he felt a splinter of the burden she and her brother bore. “Let me help you…” he pulled forth some of the burden and was overwhelmed with pain. Physically wrapping his arms around her as she concentrated, he let his mind completely be a rock for hers.

“Let us all do it, Mykel,” said Beagle Boy quietly. “We all owe you that.” And suddenly, each and every LMBer laid their hands on one another, and let their minds open up. And as Crusader and Spellbinder focused on their telekinesis, they let their telepathy unite the entire LMB as one, and let their greatest friends and allies share the horrible burden of pain that clenched them, so they could concentrate on their work. Even as a mass of LMBers, they could barely stand the strain. But they did anyway.

And now they came to the very brink of the hold in the universe and finished telekinetically repairing it, all with their eyes closed. All, save one. Lash Lad did not open his mind to the rest, though they were in too much pain to notice the most beloved of all posters was not among them. But his reasons were the true nature of that moniker—he loved them most of all. He turned now facing the possibility of the end of all things, and summoned in him a secret that none were aware of, a gift and a burden that known could ever know, and he used it to fix what he could, aiming at the rift.

“Let me guide you,” said one last voice, and he turned, surprised to see known other than Mearl Dox, former LMBer and Supreme Ruler of the Universe. “Use the retcon to help the Jectra’s Lash,” she said quietly, “…let me guide you,” she smiled quietly, and her role of Supreme Ruler of the Universe showed him calculations in the fabric of time, space, reality and continuity that would destroy the minds of most others. But as Jailbait Lass learned earlier, Lash Lad was the burning light of the LMB, the creator and the one who held the power, and together, Lash Lad and Mearl Dox tipped the scales, to aid the Jectra Twins.

And now the universe was repaired.

As the rift closed, the LMB huddled together, letting the burden go, exhausted, and they realized that they were too late, that they had moved too far ahead into the rift and were now too outside of the universe. They had micro-seconds to the end…and Faraway Lad smiled slightly, and used his power to send them very far away.

Micro-seconds later…

And so the universe was repaired, and the 52 points no longer existed, erased with great telekinetic precision, so that the universe could be equally balanced and strong again.

Sol Invictus was no more, never to trouble the LMB again. The planet-sun he had become exploded forth in the void between worlds, unable to contain its energy any longer, and with it lit a new fire and a new light in that portion of outside of the universe, setting it aflame. So horrifying and so beautiful it must have been, that it may have created the one thing that encompasses both adjectives, life.

Mearl Dox giggled, the sole person left in Legion World Orbit. Her friends had did good. Sad that only Lash Lad had seen her, but that was alright. They had done so good.

Legion World

Far below in the streets of Legion World, a bloody battled raged. And now, the LMB were no where to be found...

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Embassy Row

Rockhopper Lad was not having a good day.

The escape from his evil double had drained him of a great deal of energy. There were times when he could have stared at the 52 and cryogenically frozen every one of them.

This was not one of those times.

He, Hyvvie the Wonder Beagle and Rockhopper Lass had managed to find a little corner to catch their breath, but they both knew their friends needed them.

"Eudyptes, you really need to rest up. Let us handle them!" Rockhopper Lass told him.

"No, Adelie. I have to do my part."

"Well, well! We found the birdies!" said an ominous voice.

Three figures stepped out of the shadows:

A Tharrian male: Code name Glacier
A Dryadian female: Code name Ignea
And one other, still shadowed.

The Tharrian continued. "I've always wanted to go head to head with one of you Pyngwyn types. You'll see who freezes best!" He shot a bolt of cold.

Rockhopper Lass, knowing her "brother"'s weakened state jumped in and countered with a blast of cold of her own. She and Glacier were soon locked in a battle of cold versus cold.

The Dryadian stepped forward and said "I'm going to enjoy this! I actually get to finish of one of the LMB! This..." She never finished that sentence. Rockhopper Lad had sprayed a fine, very slippery sheet of ice on the street in front of Ignea, causing her to lose her footing, and, owing to her extreme body mass, sent her crashing through the ground, where she quickly sank into a pit and was soon as helpless as a tortoise on its back.

"What's that old Earth expression?" Rockhopper Lad wondered aloud. "Something like 'The greater their mass, the more devastating their landing' or some such."

The third figure stepped forward out of the shadows. Allowing all parties to see its form: It was a bunny rabbit.

True, he was sentient and was a super-pet who had never even seen the Earth from which his ancestors came, but centuries of breeding still weighed heavily on the Wonder Beagle. Rabbits and hares were what beagles were bred to hunt.

Hyvvie took off after the bunny. He caught up to him pretty quickly, but, to the surprise of anyone who would have been there to see, he jumped at the rabbit's ears and bound them with his teeth and paws. His Nose of Wonder could easily tell a real rabbit from one who was not quite right. The rabbit ears began to change into antennae which Hyvvie held fast. He had subdued a Durlan.

Meanwhile, Glacier and Rockhopper Lass continued to their battle of cold.

"Isn't your brother coming to your rescue, Penguin Girl?" Glacier taunted.

"I can take care of myself!" Rockhopper Lass replied and, in her fury shot back an extra burst of cold with such force that she knocked Glacier off his feet and he stumbled over Old Dutch the Super-Cow, who had just walked around the corner.

Together, the Rockhoppers managed to seal their three opponents cryogenically.

"If you're through here," Old Dutch said, "There's a lot more work to be done."

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Embassy Row

Amid all the chaos, the quartet of Shady, Hummer Lass, Bat-Fem and Jada Konti edge nearer to their destination of the Dark Oval Embassy site. As close as they are, they see that the 52 are slowly surrounding it. A thinning garrison of uniformed Security Officers are rapidly losing their defense poition. They catch glimpses of some other potential allies, but it's impossible to get their attention.

Shady surveys the situation and says to the others, "I think our best bet is to approach from--!" Suddenly, one of their number bolts without a word. "Bat-Fem? Where is she going?"

The three stare as their ally approaches a man lying limply on the street, and they follow behind her.

"Oh my gods--Clark?" Bat-Fem says, kneeling next to Clark Marlowe who is her friend and fellow reporter at the Legion World Herald in her civilian identity of Chloe Lane. Methodically, she searches for a pulse and finds one. She turns him over and searches for signs of injury, but finds none save for a burn mark below his Adam's apple. In the center of the burn is a small crystal, glowing slightly and adhered to his skin.

"Uhnnn," Clark groans, "I feel like sh--Chloe?"

"You feel like me, eh, Kansas," she retorts. "You better be feeling pretty good, then!"

"What...what's going on, Chl...I mean, Bat-Fem?" he corrects, suddenly clear-headed and aware that he might be compromising his friend's identity.

"Don't worry, Kansas," she grins and gestures toward the three ladies flanking her, "they know who I am better than you do! But 'what's going on' appears to be that you've miraculously survived being trampled by several dozen panicking sentients by the look of those footprints on your back. You been holding out on me, Clark?"

"No," he replies and sits up, "I just remember...feeling like I was burning up...and then...nothing."

"Hmmm, I wonder..." she thinks aloud and withdraws a knife from her utility belt. Then she attempts to make a small cut on Clark's forearm.

"Hey," he quips and then flinches. But surprisingly, he sees no cut has appeared on his arm, and he felt no pain.

Bat-Fem holds up the knife and shows him the teeth on it are now mangled. "Seems you've acquired some degree of invulnerability, Kansas! Maybe that crystal burnt into your neck has something to do with it?"

Absently, he touches it and confirms it's imbedded. "My lucky crystal?"

"Looks like it's got some surprises, eh?" she adds. "We've got to go, Kansas. Take care of yourself!"

She squeezes his shoulder slightly and the foursome begin to head deeper into the lion's den.

"Wait!" he shouts after a moment and runs behind them. "I want to help!"

"Better hurry up, then!" Bat-Fem yells back.

And suddenly, their odds against success go from impossible to just extremely overwhelming.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Embassy Row, Legionnopolis

“Whatever it is they’re planning, its in the heart of the Embassy!” yelled Nova Girl to her allies, as the ‘52’ charged forward without mercy, hoping to kill them all where they stood. Security Officers, Helena Handbasket’s former squadron and brave Legion World citizens fell instantly.

“Then that’s where I’ll be,” said Nightcrawler, instantly *bamfing* forward, rapier swinging around him in his hands.

“Not without back-up,” said Seth Gaterra, as he unleashed a cascade of power into the street in front of him, instantly sending a shockwave of power that knocked back a plethora of enemies in front of them. It was no use, there was too many of them. But the close quarters of the street were working to Seth and the other’s advantage—they were too clustered ahead of them.

“Pretty thing!” said one of the mercenaries serving the enemy, as he jumped out the shadows to cowardly grab Nova Girl from behind. “And tough with that whip of yours too! But you don’t seem so tough when you can’t use it on one of us…” he smiled. His breath smelled like scrap metal, and he stank horribly of filth.

Nova Girl, gave a mean laugh, “I’ve never met a man yet who thought he was tougher,” she said angrily, though still trying to get out of his hold. She did not need to much longer.

BLAST!

Nova Girl turned as smoke from the body of her assailant and the blaster used slowly went into the air. The mercenary had been shot in the back, and before her was the one who helped: “Greetings Nova Girl! Thora of Taltar finds it annoying that so many cretins flood the streets of Legion World. I will try to save some for a flogging, but their cretinous nature caused me to prefer them dead.” Nova Girl smiled. Thora was here now, and she’d be a worthwhile ally.

Blocks away in the streets of Legion World

“Move, move!” said baby Matlock, as a Security Officer ran forward with him in his arms, “We need to get to the Dark Oval Embassy, that’s where everything is going down! Officers, regroup and move there together, in a formation. We can’t have you being picked off!” Despite his tiny nature, he still managed to give our orders and run a very tight ship.

BANG! But all too soon, it was over. The officer holding Matlock was suddenly shot through the neck, and blood squirting out everywhere, as he fell forward onto the floor. In baby form, the fall to the ground was especially harsh, as he scrapped against the pavement and was instantly in pain. “Dammit…” he said quietly, trying to struggle free. It was little use. As he struggled to get to a sitting position, he looked at the sky and noticed something strange. Unknown to him, the battle with Sol Invictus had taken a turn for the better and at this instant, the LMB had become victorious, although they soon disappeared. As the never-ending sunlight began to fade above him, as Sol Invictus’ radiance was now gone, he noticed a strange, orange-colored energy rippling across the sky. It looked blurry and as it passed things, it seemed to accelerate its age or de-age it, but then return it to normal. Finally, Matlock realized it was coming strait for him…

Ka-zap!

In an instant, the rippling effects of time travel were felt, as the walls of time burst open to allow two travelers to enter Legion World: Stoopid Cat and Time Boy! In doing so, the cascade of orange energy poured into baby Matlock, smothering him in its embrace.

Stoopid Cat turned to Time Boy, “well genius, I’m about two months too late, but better late than never I guess,” he said, leaping across the streets. “Seems like you got me here for the battle…”

Time Boy smiled, unable to hide his enthusiasm. “You mean, in the knick of *time*!” he said, pulling out a 45th century photon blaster, “I guess we should help out!” After leaving Jailbait Lass weeks earlier, no one could tell where Time Boy had been, whether he had gone to the Pre-historic era as he planned, simply returned to the 19th century, or came here right away. But he had gotten Stoopid Cat and returned him to right now. Though Stoopid Cat had been missing early on to help Jailbait Lass, he was here now—time travel was odd that way.

“Matlock?” said Stoopid Cat, looking for the baby.

“He should be right here…” said Time Boy. "Ah..." he said. "I'll be back..." and with that, he crawled underneath the rubble, to grab onto Matlock. Reaching backwards, he grabbed hold of his time machine, which was now shrunk down to smaller size. And suddenly in a burst of power they were gone.

Stoopid Cat leaned in close, but before he could react, a second similar burst of energy and power erupted beneath the debris!

Suddenly, under the rubble, Matlock began to emerge. Time Boy had worked his trick! Through the mechinations of time travel and Matlock's own strange aging, the great hero emerged: no longer as an infant, but as a 25 year old male! “Great,” he said outloud, “finally back and it had to be right in the middle of the battle?" And with that, the two heroes ran into the fray.

Embassy Row

Cannibal rolled away from Helena Handbasket attempting to get his bearings, and bumped into another fray going on, between a Security Officer and a member of the Church of the Eternal Void. Knowing it would anger Helena, he turned, and *chomp*, took a bite out of the security officer arm, taking him unawares. Blood sprayed everywhere, as the gnawing of human flesh sickened those around him. Cannibal smiled. “Tasty…” he said, chewing the bite, “…I wonder if it I’ll enjoy your flesh or your metal better?”

That was enough—Helena charged. But Cannibal did not account for her fighting skills, or her ability to maneuver in a tight battle. She was a former Commander of the Dark Oval and had been in situations like this hundreds of times before. This was no ordinary fight, but one skirmish in a sea of them—and Cannibal was not prepared for it like she was. Immediately she was on him, positioning him against the rubble nearby, and he began to fall backwards. There was no quip, no funny comment, no comeback to give him. Helena would have none of that. Just pure, utter focus, and determination to get the job done and move on. She cocked her arm slightly and let loose a firm jab to Cannibals chin, letting the force of her punch combine with the impact of the metal arm, and instantly, Cannibal’s lights were out. Now his blood sprayed the nearby debris. Helena ran forward.

Not far off, Helena did not see Jailbait Lass hurling her trench-coat away as Virus leaped out, and then leapt back at her in microscopic form. Virus had already amassed half a dozen kills and she was ready to add one more, especially this tiny little scared girl. Jailbait Lass ducked to the side, not knowing if Virus would hit her or not—she was now too small to see, so she tried to focus harder on what was moving near her. Not only could Virus shrink like other Imskians, but she had the Dominators-enhanced gene sequence that gave her semi-Kryptonian abilities. At once, panic began to subside in Jailbait Lass, as she realized there was little she could do in this battle, hardly anyway to win. The fear began to slip away. And she once more remembered her acid trip and the feelings she felt, and she realized if she were to die this day—so be it, it would be on her terms. She turned again, looking to see the little enemy, and suddenly felt the most miniscule feeling on her shoulder, knowing full well Virus had landed on her. Without hesitation, she slapped at her shoulder as hard as she could, hoping to flick it away like a fly—and she suddenly felt contact. Virus must have punched back, because Jailbait Lass instantly felt her fingers being broken—her three middle ones in her left hand.

But Virus had felt the impact too, as the hand came crashing down, and while the Kryptonian DNA helped absorb the impact, the loud sound of being caught in a vacuum between the hand and the shoulder created a tremendous sonic boom—instantly knocking her off, as pain soared into her head and dizziness took over. Alright, if she wanted to play that way, it was on. Virus grew normal sized again without hesitation, as Jailbait Lass turned to see her, and Virus leaped on her, punching the young female to the ground, and leaping on top of her.

[ December 21, 2012, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion World Orbit

The LMBP Cruiser moved slowly into orbit, finally having left the planet's atmosphere. Bob the Cat sat in the command chair, his eyes narrowed in irritation.

"Where the heck is everyone? I swear, the first thing I'm doing when this is all over is getting me one of those stupid flight rings. I am all over using public transport."

Resisting the urge to spray something, he leaped up onto the control panel and looked from side to side.

"Okay. So how do you turn this heap around?"

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.