Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » "Omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis" - 52 days after INVASION (Page 14)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: "Omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis" - 52 days after INVASION
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
recent entry from Kalla Hryl's personal journal:

Dearest Huldnaf,

Ah, yes...things are going very well, my Love. Though I still miss you to the deepest core of my being, I take comfort in knowing that I will soon be joining you, our souls entwined in the Eternal Void, as we await reincarnation in the World To Come.

The man you knew and befriended as 'Lars' has inadvertantly provided our Church with the opportunity to make reality one of the Sacred Prophecies of our Faith. I refer, of course, to the one which referred to the annihilation of the Great Neutral Power. As you know, the Faithful have come to believe this Power is Legion World. It's removal as a buffering force in galactic politics is said to be one of the crucial steps towards hastening the onset of The Great Galactic War. From the ashes of this War will rise our Messiah, the Destroyer. He will consume all that remains of existence, so that it may be reborn into Perfection, as it was always meant to be! And all conflicts, including ones over such trifles as skin color, will be rendered meaningless!

Ironically, many in our Church believe your 'Lars', or 'Lard Lad' as he is more widely known, to be the man who will become the Destroyer. I am unconvinced as yet, but I can't deny that our meeting him was fortuitous!

Some time after you were murdered, Lard Lad contacted me after he completed a diplomatic mission to Rudlab. I agreed to help him with a backup plan to bail Legion World out of their Invasion by my people by giving them another war to fight. Sure enough, he gave me the signal, and the desired results came almost immediately. In return Lard Lad provided me with safe harbour here on Legion World where I've been able to quietly, but quickly, organize a band of our Church's Faithful, a feat made all the more easy in the post-Invasion chaos.

When the man known as Wyandotte discovered our conspiracy, I was afraid our mission was doomed. But instead, he helped us, as our goals were similar. He combined a force of mercenaries with our Faithful and enabled us to move our timetable up considerably. Altogether, we are 52 conspirators. As you know, '52' is a sacred number in our faith!

What's more, he provided us with intelligence that helped us locate, and the means that will soon free, a mysterious and powerful threat from another dimension to distract the LMB while we lay waste to Legion World in their absence. Though it's possible that the threat we release will be able to destroy Legion World on its own, we will insure its destruction, regardless of that outcome, by unleashing the Seed of Destruction planted by one of our Faithful during Legion World's recent Invasion.

Oh yes, my Huldnaf, I will be joining you soon in the blessed Void, but not before I show the Great Neutral Power my Light of Truth! Yes, it will definitely know Truth before it's consumed by the Great Plague, my love!

[ December 30, 2006, 03:09 AM: Message edited by: LARDLAD ]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The Rookery

The Rockhoppers, having realised there was little they could do to figure out the mystery without driving themselves insane, channeled their energies into Rockhopper Lad's political campaign. Rockhopper Lass found some purpose in being the hostess of the Rookery during the campaign and coordinating the parties. They were both quite pleased when he was elected Deputy Leader.

But the question remained. What was going on with the Evil Emperor Pyngwyn and the Earth-One Blaine Fey? With Eudyptes' new status as Deputy Leader-elect, he was privy to information to which he had not been previously. Abin Quank had shared Shady's report about his own evil double and his late lover's evil double being connected with the Church of the Eternal Void's plans.

"What I don't understand, Adelie, is why Lard Lord would have disrupted your transport. Did my double and Blaine arrange that?"

"I guess that makes sense."

Time Teller Lad, Hyvvie the Wonder Beagle and Old Dutch the Super-Cow sat around a table with them. The two loyal super-pets had been awarded positions in the Deputy Leader's office, as had the new LMBer whom Rockhopper Lad saw as a sort of protege.

Time Teller Lad asked. "Have we been able to determine exactly what this Blaine Fey's powers are?"

"Not really," sighed Rockhopper Lad. "My Blaine--Openly Gay Lad--was a reality warper. He could channel energies to teleport, change things around him, give himself super-strength--but it taxed him. That's how he died. It took so much out of him to save the others. The Emperor, on the other hand, is my double. There don't seem to be any real differences between the Pyngwyns of the two worlds."

Rockhopper Lass grabbed her head as if in great pain.

"What's wrong, Adelie?" her "brother" asked. "Is it another of your headaches?" Hyvvie placed his head in Adelie's lap to comfort her.

"No. I--I remembered something." She began stroking the Wonder Beagle's head. "Eudyptes, I am, in nearly every way, the double of your sister Adelie. The Empress Maryss of this world is in nearly every way the double of my mother. The same for Uncle Krestor, Cousin Makarona, and, until my father was killed, our fathers. But there is a difference between you and the other Eudyptes."

"Well, of course. He's evil."

"Well, it's related to that. Our ice powers are based in magic. That's true of the Rockhoppers of both worlds, but the Eudyptes of my world--he did something else. Remember how he had mother, Uncle Krestor and me in that spell?"

"You mean?"

"He uses magic in a way we don't."

"Adelie, most of that is forbidden. Remember the caste system of our society. Only the priestly caste, the Vl'Zyr--the Blue Fairy Clan in Interlac--have anything to do with anything like that. And they have very strict rules as to what can be done and what can't."

"He killed his--our--father. He usurped the throne. He had no respect for laws, custom or anything other than his own power," she replied.

"From everything you've told me," Time Teller Lad added, "that would sound totally in character for him to take that kind of opportunity."

"So, what are his limits? What can he and Blaine do together?" Rockhopper Lad asked.

"Isn't that a bit personal?" Old Dutch asked.

"That was a rhetorical question," he replied, slightly annoyed. "We can't sit on this. I'm the Deputy Leader-elect of the LMB now. I have to tell Actor, Kent, Kid Marvel and the Security Office."

Just then, an energy blast appeared and, in the next instant, the Rockhoppers were transported away.

"What the?" Time Teller Lad was astonished. "Hyvvie, Old Dutch, we have to tell the others!"

[ January 02, 2007, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: Rockhopper Lad ]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The Streets of Legion World

“The LMB General Alarm…” said Jailbait Lass, “…a lot of LMBers are going to be here in a matter of minutes.”

“Yes,” said Tamper Lad, “and you better run for cover. Whatever this is, its going to be rough. Anyone that is not an actual member of the Legion should get out of harms way. Ah, I hear Monkey-Eater Lad calling me now…”

“But if they’re all going off to fight whatever is going on up there,” asked Seth to Helena, “then what about this Church you’ve been talking about? Aren’t they on Legion World?”

Mission Monitor Board, LMBP HQ, LMBP Plaza

“How’s it look MEL?” said Kent Shakespeare, taking charge as deputy leader. Monkey-Eater Lad was in front of him, as he had been on monitor duty when the time/space rip began to manifest. “Any clue what is going on or why things have heated up all of a sudden. This has been going on for weeks, but in the last hour you can feel the heightened danger.”

“Not really Kent,” said Monkey-Eater. “Tamper has some basic ideas but he doesn’t know the whole story. He’s on his way to LMBP Plaza where we’re all meeting per your instructions.”

“Kent,” said Arachne suddenly, as she was on another monitor. “It’s Actor Lad on the line.”

“Actor,” said Kent, putting him through, “glad to hear from you. Its looking pretty ugly.”

“I heard,” replied the leader of the LMB. “Helluva a way to end a term, eh? I’m en route and Pov is giving us an added boost to get to LW in time. We’ll be there within the hour and you can have the troops assembled in LMBP Plaza.”

“I figured you’d say that. They’ll be ready. And yeah, helluva of a way to end a term…”

“Kent,” said MEL now, “it’s Eryk on the line. He says you better listen up…”

The Orbit around Legion World

Time and space smashed against and from one another as a rift suddenly became apparent. Blackness was sucked in and replaced by intense white, the white light of the enemy, pouring into Legion World’s reality once more. He was here.

Deep Space

“Can anyone read me? Anyone?” asked Cobalt into his omni-com, but with no luck. He flew across space as quick as he could using his magnetism, but it wasn’t fast enough. He had to get across the universe from the Khanate of Sol Invictus back home to Legion World, and at this rate it would take him days. “Dammit!” he yelled out loud to know one.

“Need a lift?” said a voice, highly amused by this predicament. It was Reboot, and power emanating forth from him. He was in his full armor and the change of the time he spent in the anomaly was more apparent than ever. “Though I’d rather not, I believe Legion World will need you, and that’s always been my greatest concern.”

Cobalt smiled. “’Boot, you know, I’m telling you we make a great team, but…” he let the sentence drift.

A grin slightly came across Reboot’s face. “Hardly…” he replied, “but as usual, our paths cross no matter how far away from Legion World we are. Come on then,” he added, and the two made their way to Legion World.

Mission Monitor Board, LMBP HQ, LMBP Plaza

“Bloody Liberty,” said Kent Shakespeare quietly as he got off the omni-com with Eryk. Arachne and Monkey-Eater Lad turned to look at him with their eyes raised. Kent stared at the screen overlooking the area of Legion World orbit where things were acting so strangely. “MEL, I need you to get Kid Vudoo here immediately,” he said, adding, “perhaps his eyes can help,” referring to RTVU.

“What is it, Kent?” said Arachne.

“Arachne, inform all LMBers they are not to talk to the public or to anyone other than the current LMB roster. We’re dealing with a problem far more complex than we thought.”

“Do we have a name for it?” she said, with her eyebrow still raised.

“Yes,” he replied. “Sol Invictus.”

NOTE – To make it a little clearer, this period is the transition of leadership b/t Actor Lad and Kent Shakespeare to JoeBoy and Rockhopper Lad. However, at this point, the two new leaders have not officially begun their terms, although they are now in preparation to do so. This is similar to the outgoing government completing the final month of office in preparation for the new government’s inauguration.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phineas B. Fuddle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phineas B. Fuddle           Edit/Delete Post     
Greg Evignan Island

Minutes earlier the Phantom Stranger had shocked them all by uttering the dreadful truth: “Sol Invictus, the deity himself is returning, and he is going to wipe us all out of existence.” Now, they knew, they had to deal with it.

“Deity, eh?” said Lucien Lad, “I’m not impressed.”

“Waitaminute,” said KGSR II, “Sol Invictus is a real genuine being? Is this like the end of times? Ragnarok? Doesn’t this mean he’s come to destroy all life?”

“Well, if the Black Sun find out about this, that’s what they’ll sure think!” said Eryk.

“Excuse me,” said Soho, removing himself from the room. Things were moving too fast for him. These people should not have figured this out by now.

“Sol Invictus is indeed real,” said the Phantom Stranger, adding, “…and some of you have even met him before, although most would not remember it and never have heard about it. And he has come now to destroy the world, as the Black Sun prophecize. That is our enemy.”

“But,” said KGSR II, “what about the ‘52’? What does that mean?”

“And what about the enemies on Legion World?” said Space Tart. “We know something funny is going on, but we don’t know what.”

“I think what they’re saying old friend,” said Faraway Lad to the Phantom Stranger, “is that its time for explanations.”

“I believe I can explain the science,” said M’Baku the Super-Gorilla, “but I have no idea who Sol Invictus is.”

“I do,” said Eryk quietly, as a shock went across the table. “I’ve met him before. So has Cobie,” he said to Space Tart. “Bevis too,” he said motioning to Lucien Lad.

“Yes,” said Lucien Lad, “but his origin was kind of depressing and dull so I’ve forgotten it,” he added, as a large rainbow suddenly was across the table.

“Hold on,” said the Lonestar Ranger. “I was once an inhabitant of the Dark Oval, as you all know. A large portion of the Dark Oval believe in Sol Invictus as their deity, as their belief system. You’re honestly saying that some of you have met him? That’s insane. And that’s too great a secret too keep!”

“The Ranger may be right,” said Liberty Monkey.

“Unfortunately Cicero,” said Eryk, “it doesn’t matter. We do know who he is. Sol Invictus, I’m afraid, is no deity, no divine spirit. Sol Invictus is just a man, although he’s a man with power enough to end the entire universe. There are only two as powerful that we’ve ever seen: the Anti-Moderator and Ekron himself. Sol Invictus is that powerful, and he’s dangerous. Because he is mad. You can tell them Stranger.”

“Very well, and I will be brief for the sake of haste. Over a three hundred years ago, when Sun-Eaters were rampant in the galaxy, planets became crazed with hysteria in dealing with them. However, this was a terrible time for the United Planets, and it offered no aid. One planet, Dora, stood out and attempted to learn more about the Sun-Eaters and what they were, to see if there was a sentience or purpose for them. Mathias of Dora was their leading scientist, and he developed a way to approach these creatures without being destroyed by their intense heat and radiation, and through a series of experiments, believed he had come up with a way to generate enough faux-sun energy to attract them into the far corners of space. Feeling that he had gone too far in his science and broken many laws, the then United Planets General Council voted that his experiments were illegal. Feeling that he was running out of time, Mathias attempted to hurry his experiments before the Science Police could take them away—and there, he made his greatest error. For the devices went off accidentally, tragedy struck. For now Sun-Eaters from all over the universe came forth to eat the energy he had created.”

The Phantom Stranger paused and his audience looked on quietly. “It was instantaneous. The sun that Dora used was snuffed out by a host of Sun-Eaters and the entire planet was laid to darkness, except for the light generated from Mathias devices. It was then that they struck the planet Dora itself and consumed the faux energy, and the greatest, most hideous destruction and degradation occurred. And thus, it was then that not only did Mathias witness the entire death and destruction of his people, but he then was not consumed by the Sun-Eaters—for it was then that the energy combined with the sentience of the Sun-Eaters in an explosion of energy that he had never foreseen, and the ensuing blast destroyed the Sun-Eaters, pouring their immense power into him. Thus, Mathias was destroyed, and a new Pro-Mathias was born, with the power of a million Sun-Eaters. His anger at the UP was mighty and he had been driven mad by the tragedy, by the pain, and now by the power. He attempted to destroy all of space, but had burnt himself out in the process, still too weak from the calamity that had created him. He disappeared somewhere, though known new where, but in his wake left a following among the sentients of various cultures, who referred to him as ‘Sol Invictus’, or ‘the Unconquered Sun’. It is from here that the belief system has grown.”

“Yes,” said Eryk Davis Ester coming in now, “and it was in our dealings with the Black Sun, that Cobie and I discovered a plot by Caracalla, their leader, to reawaken Sol Invictus, as he had found out where the sleeping ‘deity’ now lived. Sol Invictus’ power has grown one million-fold, and he has enough pure sun-energy to consume galaxies. Cobie and I called on Lucien Lad, the LMBP Spectre and some others to do what they could, but we had only found out in the final hours when it was almost too late. Only by using the remaining emotions of what was once Mathias, were we able to trick him into burning a hole out of the universe itself, so he would exist between worlds and universe and earths, no longer a part of our world. Only someone like he had the power to do so, and Lucien Lad and the Spectre were able to repair reality so that the hole remained closed. That is the one time Sol Invictus has ever crossed normal people, well, er, if you consider us normal.”

“Normal enough,” said the Stranger, “for one like Sol Invictus.”

“So the Dark Oval never learned about this?” said Turns You Into A Country Fred. “Pretty good cover-up. That could have began a pretty crazy Holy War,” he added nonchalantly. Everyone in the room suddenly gave him an odd look.

“We think Caracalla knows,” said Eryk, “since he now has other plans for the Black Sun. But that’s neither here nor there. We now have the problem that he’s somehow almost able to pierce his way back in. And there is no way there is any humanity left in him, it is almost certainly all burnt out. He’s a being powerful enough to kill the entire LMB and Legion World, and he barely has enough mind left to do anything but want to destroy us all. Only Lucien Lad or the Spectre have ever been strong enough to even look at him.”

“How did he come here?” asked Space Tart. “Is that what the Conspiracy was? A Black Sun thing?”

“No, not a Black Sun thing,” said Eryk. “We know that now, though we don’t know much else,” he added, not knowing that miles away, Jailbait Lass, Helena Handbasket and others were coming ever closer to the truth.

“I believe I can explain his return,” said M’Baku, “though I do not know the motivation. It was what you call the ‘Infinite Crisis’. When it reset the universe, it created a weakness in the fabric of reality. The weakness is here, above Legion World, at the epicenter of that crisis. Fifty-two points in time, space and reality now are all that separate the universe and ‘outside of the universe’, and Sol Invictus is punching them.”

“The ‘52’…” said KGSR II.

“Yes, the ‘52’,” said M’Baku, “the 52 weakest points in the universe. He is reentering it, and the last Crisis has allowed him to do so.”

“These are interesting times,” said Captain Lightbulb, “and its time we get an idea for why.” Suddenly, the dim lightbulb on his head began to brighten, for the first time in months. “There are enemies on Legion World,” he added, “all reports lead to that assumption. They have conspired to bring Sol Invictus into this world, undoubtedly to destroy us. Who and what they are is irrelevant to us, for they have completed their goal.” The Lightbulb began to grow brighter.

“Your bulb,” said M’Baku, “…its’ glowing again Captain. Undoubtedly, because you yourself are from another universe, your powers somehow are related to the fabric of reality itself! Perhaps as Sol Invictus is reentering, you’re regaining your power?”

“Perhaps,” said the Captain, “because I’m beginning to think normally again. The conspirators plan to use Sol to eliminate us, that is for certain. Most likely fifty-two of them, symbolic of their mission, as these religious zealots always are, have entered Legion World and used the various devices here to their benefit. Something used as a weapon during the Crisis, if not here on this island, or in the gorilla tribe, then in one of the LMB genius’ labs. It was the extra punch to make the weakness clear to anyone trying to look for it.”

“Bloody Liberty…” said Space Tart, “…this is pretty big! We need to get everyone together!”

“Oh Spacey honey, they’re already doing that. They’re on their way to fight him now I’m sure. We need to figure out how to beat him.”

“He’s right,” said Faraway Lad. “I can feel my powers fluctuating. He’s entering our universe. He’s above us now, in Legion World’s orbit.”

“And that, LMBers, is a look into what you must do. Good luck my friends,” finished the Phantom Stranger, and slowly faded out.

“That’s it? Tell us we’re doomed and then exit?” said Lonestar Ranger.

“I love it when he gets all mysterious like that,” said Lucien Lad. “So like him!”

“Now, it’s on us,” said Faraway Lad.

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion World Office of Security

Lard Lad sits alone quietly in the lobby outside the detention area.

"Gods," he mutters, "will I ever be anything but a screw-up? I can't believe I alligned myself with someone who turned out to be one of those Eternal Void whack-jobs! Gods..."

"Anthony?" says a familiar voice as she enters the area. "There you are, honey! We've got to get going! That General Alarm is about a major threat in Legion World orbit!"

Barely looking up, he replies, "Dru, babe...they're better off without me...I have this tendency to make bad situations worse."

The powerful sorceress who is his fiancee takes a seat next to him. "Look, Anthony...this is no time for a pity party! We're talking a threat akin to the Anti-Moderator or Ekron! They need us!"

"Dru...don't you know what I've brought to Legion World?"

"Yes, Anthony. Shady told me about Kalla Hryl's secret." She grabs his chin and forces him to look at her. "Look--you thought you were helping out someone who helped you! I know you still feel guilty about that tactic you used to draw the invaders away from Legion World, and learning what you have about your co-conspirator in that action isn't helping. But you'd do anything to protect this place--and it's in HUGE danger right now! Don't turn your back on it, now!"

"You're right Dru," he responds and stands up, "I've got to do what I can. Let's go!"

But before Dru can conjure them away, two voices shout, "Wait!"

Puzzled at first, Dru then identifies, "Mordra? Lard Lord?"

Holding her husband's hand as they rush toward the first duo, the woman known as Bat-Fem implores, "please wait, Dru...my sister." And she points to her husband, "you've got to take Tony with you--he wants to help!"

Lard Lad is speechless, but Dru takes this woman's hands who is every bit as good a person as this universe's version of her sister was evil. "You want us to take Lard Lord with us?"

Mordra replies, "I do...and I don't. But I've read the report on what the LMB faces in orbit. My physical skills wouldn't help, but Tony is about as powerful as your fiance. He could help make a difference...and he desperately wants to redeem himself for all the evil he's wrought."

They're all silent for a long moment before Lard Lad speaks up. Addressing his scarred Earth-4 counterpart, Lardy looks him in the eye and asks, "Is this what you want? Do you really want to fight with the LMB...even if it means you might not make it back to your wife."

Without breaking eye contact, Lard Lord answers, "yes...even if. This is what I want to do. I helped bring this evil about. I want to help end it."

Silently, Lardy regards his counterpart and sees the irony in what they both hope to redeem this day. "Alright. You're in. We're ready when you are."

"A moment," Lard Lord says and turns to his wife. Dru and Lardy give them some space. "Moe," he says tenderly and takes her into his arms, "my love. If this is the end for me, I will die happily, knowing I got to hold you again...knowing, once more, the power of love."

"Oh, Tony...I never stopped loving you. My life before I met you and while we were apart was empty. With you, I am whole. Whatever happens, we'll never be apart again...not in our hearts"

Tears streaming from both their eyes, husband and wife embrace until, reluctantly, they let go.

Lard Lord walks slowly to Dru and Lardy, and Dru begins her incantation. Interrupting the process briefly, Dru says, "Mordra, if I don't come back...I just wanted you to know that it's been a pleasure having you for a sister!"

Mordra smiles at her, then she turns to her husband. He's smiling at her just like he used to...before the scars...before Leelee. Mordra smiles back and waves until her husband's figure disappears with his companions.

Mordra reaches for a cloth to wipe her tears when she sees a falling motion out of the corner of her eye.

"What the hells?" she says as she spins to face the object, her body in a defensive pose.

She's surprised to see that what fell was actually a person, a woman in fact.

"Uh, hi?" the woman says. "I had to break in because the guards wouldn't allow me to see Lard Lad! Uh...is he around?"

"No, he's not," Mordra says. Then, with a start, Mordra realizes she recognizes the woman. "Jada? Jada Konti?"

[ January 03, 2007, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: LARDLAD ]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Legion World Orbit

At once, the foundations of reality began to give way, but not without struggle! For the universe had faced many crisis in recent memory and it was strong—strong enough to defend itself and repair itself. But two score and twelve points were weak still, a bruise from a recent struggle, and now they tore and ripped, and light poured into the blackness of space, as the being Sol Invictus emerged once more upon the universe, no longer trapped in the void between existences.

His hand was massive, a blazing inferno of white hot flame, fingernails of dark blue fire. The power of one million suns and sun-eaters beckoned forth and he consumed the last vestiges of the two score and twelve weak points of the universe and his entrance was complete.

Legion World, down below, who girth was that of an entire planet, was now completely immersed in the daytime, as the light of Sol Invictus penetrated into even the deepest, darkest corners of the planet. But this was not a beautiful light, filled with beauty and majesty. This was a light that burned, that was of chaos and of pain. The light of Sol Invictus incited rage and anguish, and it brought with it the tyranny of pure illumination.

LMBP Plaza

The light in the skies came down upon them from space, and hit all of the Legionnaires like a cacophony.

“We won’t have much time,” said Actor Lad to Kent Shakespeare, looking up at the skies. “We’ll have to confront it in space, to at least try and keep Legion World free from its grasp.”

“I’ll alert everyone to fly up. We should all stick by one another,” he said, squinting. Kent Shakespeare and Actor Lad were in front of the crowd, gathering with Abin Quank, Nightcrawler and Lightning Lad.

“It’ll be easier to look at him up there, without the skies reflecting his light. We’ll have to use the blackness of space to our advantage, as well as anything we can possibly use to keep our eyes from burning out of the sockets.”

“I’ll do what I can with my ring,” said Abin. “This should be one of my greatest tests, the light being shades of yellow and such. But I won’t let you down…I don’t fear this, and I’ll protect our eyes with the green lantern’s light.”

“Let’s do it then,” said Actor Lad, and he turned to the gathered LMBers. More were shuffling in, but close to every LMBer that was currently planet-side had answered the summons, and were gathered in LMBP Plaza. “Legionnaires, you’ve been briefed on what’s ahead of you. More of our number will be joining us, but we can wait no longer. This will be one of the most dangerous threats we’ve ever faced. The power of Sol Invictus is enough to wipe us out completely, and it intends to do just that.”

They were all quiet now and completely focused on their leader. More shuffled in, as Beagle Boy entered and nodded at Spellbinder and Crusader, joining them with Poverty Lad.

“But we’ve been on suicide missions before,” said Actor Lad now, and a smile came across his face. The smile was slow and gradual, and his super-acting was perfect in its execution. “What have we said to suicide missions before?”

Lash Lad, in front, raised his fist in the air. “SWEET ASS SWEET! Let’s go LMB!” The group of them roared and cheered, and took to the skies.

As they flew off, Matlock, in the arms of a low-ranking security officer watched them go, counting their number. “Hm…it seems off. We’re missing too many. Where in the Sam Hill did they all go?” In baby form, he would be no help to the group in facing a threat so grave.

“A lot of them are missing, spread thin across the UP,” said a voice. It was Nightcrawler. He had not left them.

“Not going with them, Gary?” said Matlock. “Seems like just the type of swash-buckling thing you’d be doing.”

“It would be,” said Nightcrawler in a grave voice, “but there is something more happening here, and I intend to find out what.”

The Skies above Legion World

“I see you’ve made it home Cali,” said Tamper Lad sarcastically, “…I guess we all have to end vacations sometime.” He was flying next to Caliente and Frio.

“Oh stuff it Tamper,” said Frio, who was next to Cali. “C’mon sis, let’s go check out the tush on your fiancé,” she added, and the two flew off.

“Women,” said the Ghost of Numf-El next to Tamper Lad, “…I suppose I should add something funny, but I got side-tracked by those lovely pairs of—“

“Ahem,” said Harbinger to Numf-El.

Up ahead, Kid Vudoo and Invisible Brainiac and Enigma (CJ Taylor) flew on. “What do you see Vu?” said IB. “Can you get a good look at him with your eye?”

Kid Vudoo was already looking ahead with his powerful third eye, piercing past LW’s atmosphere into space. “Yea,” he replied, “and Sol Invictus is huge. This is soooo going to suck…”

“I suppose you could just fly up there ahead of us, IB…” said Enigma, referring to Invisible Brainiac’s massive power, then adding, “…but please don’t even think about it.”

Outdoor Miner ported next to Fat Cramer and Arachne suddenly. “I hate when we do this whole ‘fly together as one big team’ thing,” he said, “no one ever thinks of the bug and how his powers work…”

“If you were back off the wagon Miner, you could just port to SHAKES for a quick drink and then meet us up there,” bemused Arachne.

“Actually Miner, I think I left the stove on at Café Cramer,” said Fat Cramer, “and Sarah, my counter-girl, has been so distracted lately. I hope she turns it off.”

“Oh, why not?” said Outdoor Miner. “I’ll put a quarter in the mellotron so it plays us a nice ‘off to war’ anthem,” he finished, and then ported back planetside to LW, as Fat Cramer an Arachne giggled.

Sketch Lad flew on as little drawn fairies swirled around him. A closer inspection revealed them to be divas of various venues: music, fiction, serialized art.

“Deeeeeean,” said Lash Lad, flying next to him, “I could use a little pre-fight motivation you know,” he smiled.

“Here Lash,” replied Sketch Lad, drawing a mini-Jungle King so it circled Lash, maybe this will help. As Lash tee-heed, Sketch Lad drew a mini-Lester Spiffany to fly around Leap Year Lass too.

Behind them, Quislet, Esq. and the Royal Inquisitor flew on, seeing Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl holding hands as they flew. “I’m glad you came with you on this mission Roy,” smiled Quis.

The Royal Inquisitor nodded. “They were pretty adamant about not letting non-LMBers join them,” he said, “but for me the rules don’t apply. I’ll always have to make amends…” he added, knowing that many might think his being on a suicide mission defending Legion World was a fitting irony.

“There,” said Mattropolis to He Who Wanders, “we’re just about there now. Good luck everyone…”

“Well,” said Jailbait Lass, “there they go.” She did not look happy about it.

“This is bad,” said Seth Gaterra. “Almost the entire LMB has just left Legion World to fight whatever has been unleashed. Legion World is almost undefended now!”

“Yes,” said Helena Handbasket, “and the Church will probably make its move soon. We need to find out where, ASAP, and then put a stop to this. Let’s go,” she added, and the three ran off.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Legion World Office of Security

"So you're the Mordra of Earth-4?" Jada Konti puzzles.

"That's correct," Bat-Fem answers, "though those of us who call it home aren't exactly crazy about that name...to us, it's Earth-1, y'know?"

"Yeah, I think so, but...how do you know who I am? To most sentients other than Lardy and Cobie, I'm pretty much just some nameless green woman from an infamous vid that helped ignite the recent Invasion."

"On my Earth, you were one of my closest friends, Jada. We both trained the SMBers and trainees in hand-to-hand combat at the SMB Academy. But..."

"...she's not alive any more, is she? I can see it in your eyes."

"Yes, my Jada was killed a while back when a crazed failed ex-academy trainee named Shadowlight attacked us out of revenge for his rejection. Jada didn't survive his attack."

There is a long pause before Jada changes the subject. "Look, you say the LMB has been called into orbit. I've had a line on this Church of the Eternal Void they've been hearing about. I've been trying to contact Cobie and Lardy for weeks about it. Finally, Lardy got back a few days ago, but he's been so wrapped up in fights and intrigue that he's been impossible to catch! But now...I've learned the Church is responsible for releasing whatever threat they're facing, and while the LMB are off fighting, they're gonna attack Legionnopolis! I haven't been able to determine the exact objective of their attack yet, but I'm pretty sure it's a big deal! Is there anyone left to go to Legionnopolis, Bat-Fem?"

Alarmed, Bat-Fem thinks quickly, "no, they're all gone except for..."

On cue, Shady walks in holding Hummer Lass's hand. "There's the two of us, sweetie," Shady says, "as well as the two of you. Any idea about how many we face?"

Dejectedly, Jada says, "at least 40, most with powers."

"Well," Shady says, "I'll alert the uniformed Security forces. They are largely unpowered, but their numbers will certainly help us. And I've a feeling we'll run into others who will help. Legion World's civilians are pretty battle-hardened of late, so they'll be an asset to us as well."

"What about Hummer Lass?" Bat-Fem says. "Is she ready for this after all she's been through?"

Taciturn until now, Hummer Lass lifts her head and answers for herself. "I'm ready."

"All right...I was hoping for some bigtime firepower here, but if we're all Legionnopolis has, I guess we'll have to do!"

And the brave quartet of women run off to the Security Office's hanger area. If will alone were enough to win the battle to come, the Church would indeed be in trouble.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Clark Marlowe's Office. The Legion World Herald. Legionnopolis.

Ace reporter Clark Marlowe gets all his gear together, anticipating a major story.

"Gods," he says into his recorder, "all Hell's breaking loose as Legion World's being lit up by some threat in orbit, but one of my snitches says there's another story to be reported...a threat right here in Legionnopolis. 'Fingers' had been keeping an eye on Kalla Hryl from back when I had her pegged as a Bat-Fem suspect. Seems she's actually involved with some kind of death cult, and they're going to strike while the LMB's occupied. Guess I had her pegged wrong, huh?"

Then, a stray thought filters in.

"I hope Chloe's okay. She's been M.I.A. since The Inquisitor somehow got hold of and published my picture that unmasked her as Bat-Fem. Luckily, no one's connected Bat-Fem to Chloe since the pic was published. But there are rumors that Bat-Fem was involved somehow in those recent tussles between Lard Lad and Lard Lord. Hopefully, she wasn't hurt if that's true. Or maybe she found that husband she was talking about?"

Having gathered everything he'll need, he gets something out of his desk drawer. It's a necklace with a three-inch long crystalline object hanging from it.

"My lucky crystal," he says, regarding it. "I might need you today. I've had you since I found you out in the fields of the farm I grew up on in Kansas. If 'Fingers' is right, I could be in considerable danger reporting this one. Hopefully, this scoop will net me that Galactic Pulitzer I've always wanted." He puts the necklace around his neck and tucks it underneath his shirt. "I'll need all the luck I can get, then!"

Donning his vintage Fedora, Clark then rushes to the Herald's turbolift. His heart beating with anticipation, he doesn't notice a slight warming sensation radiating from the crystal as it begins to glow faintly.

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Between the Worlds

Rockhopper Lad and Rockhopper Lass appear in a strange place void of all but odd swirls of almost psychedelic colours floating about.

"Eudyptes!" cried Rockhopper Lass, "This is where I was!"

"Where is here?"

"This is where we have been, my dear duplicate!" came a voice that sounded eerily like Rockhopper Lad's own. Suddenly, the Evil Emperor Pyngwyn and the Earth-One Blaine Fey appeared before them.

"That figures!" Rockhopper Lad sighed. "Why have you brought us here, Eudyptes and--and..." Upon seeing the double of his lost love, Openly Gay Lad, Rockhopper Lad began to choke on his words. "Blaine?" He began to tear up.

"Yes, I am the Blaine Fey of your world. My double in the other world called himself 'Closeted Boy' and the 'Openly Gay Lad'. What twaddle! What silliness!" Clearly, this Blaine was as different from Openly Gay Lad as Rockhopper Lad was from the Evil Emperor.

"The Blaine I knew was a hero! He gave his life saving members of the LMB and SMB during the Invasion!"

"You were right, Eudyptes," Blaine turned to EEP. "He is a simpering fool."

"Yes, but, among other things, he is with my sister!"

"I am not your sister! Not any more!" protested Rockhopper Lass. "This is my brother now!" She grabbed Rockhopper Lad's arm. "He is a thousand times the Pyngwyn you'll ever be!" Turning to Rockhopper Lad, she said, "I remember it all now Eudyptes! These two kept me here trying to convince me to join them! They're in cahoots with the Church of the Eternal Void and they're trying to take over!"

"Take over what, Adelie?"

"Everything! They had me trapped in a spell like before. Only this time I figured it out and they held me!"

"Yes, and finally we sent you back to Legion World with your memory wiped. We knew that somehow you would get him and bring him here!" the Evil Emperor grinned.

"What are you going to do to me, Eudyptes! I'm not afraid of you or this ersatz Blaine! I beat you before! I can do it again! No Rockhopper has ever had the control of the ice that I do!"

"I know. You really are the greatest, Eudyptes," the Evil Emperor said with an almost sickeningly sweet tone. "Oh, I wanted to take my revenge on you! You cost me an Empire! But then, after my defeat, I met Blaine. I had found him in my scrying glass. I knew of your love for the Blaine of my world. So I sought him out. The two of us bridged the gap the between our worlds and came here. I still wanted revenge. In fact, that's why I first sent sweet Adelie to you, but, perhaps it's the love I have found that has given me a change of heart!"

"You don't want to conquer the universe any more?" Rockhopper Lad asked.

"Of course I do! Now I want you to join us!"

"Join you?"

"Of course," Blaine answered. "I would have two Eudyptes," he caressed Rockhopper Lad's face, "and you would have a Blaine again." Rockhopper Lad felt torn. This seemed so much like his Blaine, but it wasn't.

"Perhaps two!" EEP smiled. Who knows what the three of us together could do?

"What do you mean?" Rockhopper Lad asked.

"Think about, Eudyptes. Where do our ice powers come from?"

"It's magic."

"Right. Now Adelie here is pretty good with the ice--one of the best, in fact--but can she created a blizzard? Can she turn a hurricane to a snow flurry? Can she freeze 1000 people at a time?"

"No," Adelie shook her head. "I can't do any of those things."

"But Eudyptes can and has!" Blaine cried.

"Now, Eudyptes, my dear boy," EEP continued, "You are my double, so I know you're pretty intelligent. If you're able to do all that with your powers, which are based in magic, then obviously you have some talent for manipulating magical energies."

"The House of Rockhopper can only use magic for our ice powers," Rockhopper Lad stated firmly.

"Is that we can't or we don't?"

"Only the priestly House of Blue Fairy--Vl'Zyr--uses magic in other ways and they have very strict rules."

"Rules! Custom! Tradition! The Pyngwyns are so bound by such ancient foolishness!"

"Has the Church of the Eternal Void done this to you, Eudyptes?" asked Rockhopper Lass.

"Have you forsaken Dywh and Pyngwypalia?" Rockhopper Lad asked.

"I have as much use for the Church of the Eternal Void as I do for that silly religion you call Pyngwypalia!"

"Now I really don't understand!" Rockhopper Lad shook his head.

"Are you sure he's your double?" Blaine asked.

"Let's put it this way, dear double. I have learned to harness my powers in ways that you can't imagine. I had already done that some when I ruled the Pyngwyn Colonies. Blaine has taught me more. And now, with my magic, Blaine's reality-warping and your magic combined, we would be unbeatable!"

"And what about Adelie?"

"Our dear sister can stay. I'm sure we'll find a way for her to be useful!"

Rockhopper Lad was silent for a moment or two, then he turned to the his double and Blaine and said, "Are you crazy? Do you know how few people can handle that kind of power without it driving them insane? Don't you see what it's done to you? To both of you. I'm content with my powers as they are. I don't need to be able to do more. I am Crown Prince of the Pyngwyn Colonies. Soon I'll be the Deputy Leader of the LMB. Does Pyngwyn society and Pyngwypalia have a lot of rules and customs? Of course! But they are what I live by. The LMB may not be perfect, but they've given me a purpose I never would have known had I stayed at home. I would never join you! I have my friends and my family," he took Adelie's hand. "I don't need you!"

"We don't need you either!" EEP roared. "We'll continue with our plans with our without you! And I do mean without you!"

Rockhopper Lad closed his eyes and held his breath. He held firmly onto Adelie's hand. Then they disappeared.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

The Hive. Dark Oval space.

Harold Ryan Wyandotte climbs out of a plush bed and slips a robe on to cover his naked form. He glances over at the bed's remaining occupant, a beautiful gray-skinned humanoid woman with aquamarine hair and two small antennae protruding from her forehead. He looks at her not with love, or even lust, but as a prize he had won. In a way her other form, one that many would be repulsed and afraid of, is much more beautiful to him. But that form would be impossible for human sexual purposes, and the Queen must mate with her King.

His domination of this 'Insect Queen' has landed him a position of great influence within one of the five Dark Oval powers. The Hive is currently unknown to the galaxy at large. It's one of the two hidden powers, a colony of insectlike sentients that literally share a hive mind dominated by their Queen. Once Wyandotte was able to bend her will, that hive mind began to answer to him through her as their figurehead. His influence over her is so total that his months spent apart from the Hive on Legion World did nothing to lessen it.

"I suppose she was glad to see me return," Wyandotte mutters with a wry grin as he secures the robe and enters an adjoining room. The room looks remarkably similar to the one he'd occupied at the abandoned warehouse in Legion World's Old Town. As that one did, this room features a sprawling display of vid screens.

"Ah, it's good to be back," he says. "I return armed with more knowledge and in a greater position of power. Black Sun is gone, and the Dominion and the Hyrkosians are weakened. Black Sun will soon be replaced within the Oval with a world that will owe me a considerable debt. And the other power will probably remain as docile and uninterested in politics as they always have been. Then, I will be second only to Him within the Dark Oval! In the meantime I need to see how things progress with the three initiatives..."

Wyandotte removes a small chip from a fold of skin on his arm. He had taken this chip from the computer at his Old Town base before it self-destructed. He inserts the chip into a receptacle, and the sprawling vid display suddenly comes to life.

His eyes darting around from monitor to monitor, Wyandotte grins widely. "Ah...so the Church has released Sol Invictus as planned--excellent! My instruments show that some of the energy released from his breakout is being channeled into Earth-4's dimension as planned. It will only be a short time until our initiative there is complete!"

He concentrates for a moment on the LMBers flying up to challenge their nigh-omnipotent opponent. He laughs aloud as he sees Lard Lord among their number. "HA! Absolutely priceless! That fool never ceases to amaze me! Hopefully, Sol Invictus will finish what Earth-4's Thora failed to accomplish!"

"Still, it's imperative thst the LMB defeats Sol before he can destroy the universe. I do have plans for it after all." He glances at another feed, "hopefully, those fools on Greg Evigan Island will figure out how to defeat Sol soon. If they don't, it will be too late for me to stop him. Luckily, those fools tend to luck their way out of impossible odds."

He then turns his attention on another monitor. "Kalla Hryl! You, on the other hand I definitely want to succeed. Once I realized my plan to replace Lard Lad was derailed, I did everything I could to help you to succeed in your mission to eliminate Legion World. You have a high probability of success here, Kalla...don't waste this opportunity!"

Finally, he turns to another set of monitors. "Even if Sol Invictus fails to destroy the LMB and Kalla somehow is thwarted, victory will be mine regardless. My initiative with Earth-4 is a definite success, and if the LMB and Legion World survive, it will be too late for them to do anything about it!"

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Legion World Orbit

“There he is LMB, look alive!” yelled Actor Lad, as the heroes moved farther from Legion World space and into extreme peril.

Before them now was Sol Invictus, and upon seeing him close up they understood the share size of him. They were like insects to him, and he stood before them now, his light illuminating all in his path, so nothing was left secret from him.

“Nothing…” said Saturn Girl, grimacing in pain, “…all I feel is fury…there’s no mind left in there. Just hate. He plans on destroying us all.”

The LMBers swirled about in space, fanning out and keeping a distance. Abin Quank used his ring to create goggles for the LMBer’s eyes and the resistance he felt from Sol Invictus’ power was immense. Pagan Lass held her hand on his shoulder lending him strength. “Be strong, my love,” she said quietly for his ears, “focus and the pain shall pass.” Sweat trickled down Abin’s face.

“Ok LMB,” said Kent as the various LMBers approached Sol Invictus from various distances, “let’s see what he’s got!” At once Invisible Brainiac was the first to enter the battle, unleashing a cascade of hard light energy upon Sol. Invisible Brainiac was one of the most powerful LMBers by far, his moniker being a complete misnomer more related to his personality than his powers. In truth, he was a beacon of light energy and had to actively work hard to hold back and control he light energy, lest he hurt those around him. Now was one of the rare times in his life that he could truly cut loose. The energy poured into Sol Invictus and at once Invisible Brainiac thought he might be able to overload Sol Invictus. It was to no avail.

“Nothing,” said Actor Lad, watching on, “I was afraid of that. Numf?”

The Ghost of Numf-El was as close as anyone could be to Sol Invictus, and the sheer fact that he was already dead was all that was stopping him from being burned out completely. He spoke back to Actor Lad, “it’s just a big flaming fella really,” replied Numf, “I can’t see how you’re gonna even be able to approach him. The asteroids floating near him are actually burning up and catching on fire. Its bollocks for all ya,” he added.

“Let’s give it a try, Frio,” said Caliente, stepping forward, as she unleashed the full fury of her fire powers. “Maybe the extreme hot and cold of our powers might be able to do something to throw off his temperature…”

“Worth a try to me,” said Frio, joining her and unleashing her ice powers.

“Count me in too,” said Drake, who now flew in between them and unleashed his anti-matter energy. They were soon joined by Lightning Lad and Ultra Matt, who let loose lightning and flash vision respectively. The power at once poured into Sol Invictus and for the first time, he took notice of them. Invisible Brainiac now joined their side, and the power was amplified.

A bit off, Yellow Kid and Actor Lad now saw Sol Invictus looking at the cluster of LMBers, and a rush of anxiety hit them. “Oh no…” said Actor Lad, “…he’s noticing them!”

“Scott!” yelled Saturn Girl, as a surge of anger overcame Sol and the feelings rushed to her mind, “get out of there!”

Sol Invictus turned suddenly with a speed unparraled, and his precision was surgical. A blast of intense heat and fire suddenly went forth from his hands and the rawness of it created waves of blue and silver ripping forth. The LMBers had no chance and at once knew their days where numbered, when suddenly, “…no!” yelled Beagle Boy running into the fray and grabbing Lightning Lad and Ultra Matt. Even he, the fastest of all the LMBers, was no match and as his heroism ensured that the other LMBers would be safe, his legs were caught in the blast!

“Beagz!” yelled Crusader and others.

The rest of the flaming death-knell came meters from Caliente and Frio when Yellow Kid leapt into the fray, using his power to create a whirlwind to send it sideways into orbit, melting all asteroids and satellites that it came near, continuing on unending into space. But he, too, felt the fury of Sol Invictus as the slightest touch had burnt his arms and torso. Drake, however, was unluckier, as almost immediately his costume was consumed and his anti-energy came forth into the universe, rendering him powerless for the time being.

“Dammit!” yelled Kent, leaping towards Beagz, who Crusader had pulled off to the side. “Someone give me an anesthetic and get Dr. One!” he yelled. In addition to being a super-powered hero in the LMB, Kent was also an excellent field medic, and now that was what he would have to focus on. “Someone get me Yellow Kid over here,” he said. “We’re not going to let Sol Invictus pick us off one by one…”

But now the battle had begun. Moving with intense speed and mass, Sol Invictus came forth, burning across orbit and unleashing his fury down upon them.

Poverty Lad flew down next to Spellbinder, Crusader and Lash Lad. They all nodded, as various LMBers moved forward and around the battle. Even now, Abin Quank was using his strength to not only protect their eyes, but to shield Blacula from Sol Invictus’ sunlight, lest he be completely destroyed. Kent Shakespeare kept his back completely to Sol, trusting his fellow LMBers to fight on so he could save their friends. Beagle Boy and Yellow Kid had their LMB-issued Omnicom’s out, acting as a communication hub, despite being on the verge of passing out. “To the end, LMB” said Crusader, “the battle is calling us.”

Sol Invictus continued to move forward and the darkness of space continued to shine in chaotic, horrible light.

[ January 04, 2007, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

“You heard me!” said the squealing voice of Matlock to the uniformed low-ranking security officers around him. “Shady just sent the intel in! Something big is about to go down, and we better be ready!” Security Officers swarmed everywhere through the streets, yelling at pedestrians to get inside immediately.

One pedestrian, a women with short-cropped red hair, smiled at one of the officers. But it was not the nice, interested smile of a possible lover—it was the harsh, uncaring smile of a predator seeing its victim for the first time. She followed him.

Nightcrawler suddenly bamfed away.

Embassy Way

Jailbait Lass, Helena Handbasket and Seth Gaterra walked the streets slowly now, their need for haste gone and trepidation flowing everywhere in their bodies. “I-I’m unsure what to do now,” said Jailbait Lass. She was not used to this—her greatest asset was her ability to be clairvoyant in these matters.

“Stay by my side,” said Helena, the Commander coming to the fore once more. “No matter what happens Lolita, I’ll be here with you.”

“And I, you,” said Seth Gaterra to Helena. There was no doubt that the two had formed a bond by now and neither could deny it, though neither could guess at what that really meant. Power pulsated from Seth’s hands and Jailbait Lass felt relieved that he was with them. “Up ahead,” he said now, “there’s a group up ahead…we, I mean I, can feel them,” he finished, still unsure of how much to reveal about himself, especially in front of Jailbait Lass.

“Where are they going?” asked Helena, looking up ahead.

“Oh no,” said Jailbait Lass suddenly. “I know we’re they’re all heading. It’s right up ahead. It’s—“

*BAMF!* Nightcrawler suddenly appeared next to them. “—The Dark Oval Embassy. That’s where some of them are.”

The red haired woman moved forward following the science police officer. Yes, he’d do. He turned a corner, but felt her presence—turning back, he saw no one.

Unknown to him, she was an Imskian woman and had shrunken to microscopic size. Also unknown to him, she was a member of the Church of the Eternal Void, and months of planning had finally begun to pay off for her group of ‘52’. Unknown to him, the chaos on Legion World was about the begin. The LMB was off-world and the universe was distracted. Sol Invictus had arrived and would hopefully kill the LMB. And now, the ‘52’ would destroy Legion World itself.

The young officer felt something land on his shoulder. He never had a chance to check it. The Imskian woman, codename ‘Virus’ exploded through the side of his face, growing back to normal form and killing him instantly.

It had begun.

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Embassy Way

Just after Nightcrawler appeared, the sound of ten feet came trotting up after Seth, Helena and Lolita.

"Time Teller Lad! Hyvvie! Old Dutch!" Lolita said. "How did you all find us?"

"Hyvvie's Nose of Wonder, of course," TTL smiled. "I'm glad we found someone we know! Where is everyone?"

Nightcrawler filled them in on the LMB's mission to stop Sol Invictus.

"Okay," TTL sighed. "What I came to tell you was that Rockhopper Lad and Rockhopper Lass have disappeared. I think it has something to do with the Evil Emperor Pyngwyn."

"It does all right," said a somewhat harried looking Rockhopper Lad, who was being licked by an elated Hyvvie. Rockhopper Lass stood at his side looking quite confused.

"What happened, Eudyptes?"

"I needed to get out of there, Adelie! My double may have been influencing me in some way, but the temptation to accept his offer was--it was very difficult. So I took a chance that he was right. I tried channeling my powers to teleport us. I focussed on the one being on Legion World who loves me more than any other," he patted his faithful beagle. "Oh, but, it was awful! The pain--it was just awful! I don't think I could ever do anything like that again! Nor do I want to! As I said, I'm happy with my ice powers as they are. I'll leave the other magic to the people who can handle it!"

"That's all great, Rocky," Seth said, "but I think we may need to concentrate on them!"

[ January 07, 2007, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Rockhopper Lad ]

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

From a rooftop overlooking the ruins of the Dark Oval Embassy from a block away, Kalla Hryl, dressed in a formal white bridal gown, plans the movements of her insurgent forces with two of her lieutenants.

"Very well," Kalla says, "it appears the authorities have been alerted to our plans, as the Security Office has set up a guard near the ruins. It's only a trifle, though, as our loyal plant among their uniformed guards has confirmed that the entire LMB is engaged with the threat we've unleashed in orbit. Without their powers this token security force will crumble easily before our might."

"Yesss, missstresss," says the serpentine creature to her left. "But the light the power in the sssky emitsss isss quite blinding. Might the propheciesss have been wrong? Hasss the Dessstroyer already come?"

Kalla frowns, "I told you, Fury, this is the False God whom those of the Black Sun worship! As a keeper of the Sacred Scrolls I am privy to ALL the prophecies! They face Sol Invictus, but he is NOT the Destroyer! He is a false prophet foretold in the Scrolls. He won't succeed in destroying the universe, and probably not even Legion World! Insuring the destruction of Legion World, the Great Neutral Power, is our sacred duty, and ours alone! The False God is simply the distraction we need!"

"My apologiesss, missstresss. I wasss weak."

"You will have the opportunity to prove yourself, Fury...when you give your life with the rest of us, this night! I have dressed for the occasion in the dress I'd been saving for my wedding to my dear Huldnaf. Tonight, I will be a bride after all, Bride to the blessed Eternal Void!"

"All we have to do is reach the Temple, my mistress?" says what appears to be a sentient shadow to Kalla's right.

"Yes, Wrath," she grins, "the Temple beneath the ruins of yonder Dark Oval Embassy houses the Great Plague, an ingenious techno-biological contagion engineered by the Dominators! Stolen and planted there months ago by a true devotee of the Church during the Oval's Invasion of this world, the device that contains it lies in wait now. The contagion has to incubate on its targeted world for a time for it to be effective. It analyzes the world and adapts itself to do whatever it takes to not only obliterate a world's population, but to also make that world completely uninhabitable to any conceivable form of life for all time! In Legion World's case I'm certain it will fulfill the latter part of its purpose by adapting the ultimate computer virus to permanently crash the ultimate artificial planet's operating systems!"

"It will be glorious, mistress!" shouts Wrath.

"Yes! Let's delay no further! Virus and her group have paved the way--it's time for the rest of our army to charge in and take the Holy Temple! The Bride shall wait no longer for her wedding night!"

Kalla Hry's entire body begins to glow a bright white, and she rises from the building fists held up toward the sky. Fury slithers down the building, and Wrath floats behind their mistress. In their wake dozens emerge and charge in the same direction.

The Streets of Legionnopolis will soon run red with innocent blood.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Above the Streets of Legion World. Near the center of Legionnopolis.

The foursome of Bat-Fem, Shady, Hummer Lass and Jada Kont are hovering in their Security Office cruiser, for the moment observing the chaos below.

"Gods!" Jada exclaims. "It's really hitting the fan down there!"

Shady nods, though her attention is divided as she communicates with Security Officer Ralph via comlink.

Bat-Fem methodically scans the area with her Batnoculars. "They all seem to be headed east, and they're killing everyone in sight!" she yells. "We've got to get down there and help!"

"I'm with you, Mordra," Jada agrees.

"Just one moment," Shady says to them as she continues to communicate, "Ralph is giving me some major intel, here. Please hold on one moment longer, ladies!"

"All right, Shady," Jada says, "but we can't just watch this much longer."

Bat-Fem presses her device once again to her eyes and impatiently switches its focus from one point to another until she sees something unusual. "I think I see some friendlies, Jada! Looks like...that guy who can disintegrate things with his hand...whatsisname..."

"Seth Gaterra?" Hummer Lass offers.

"Yeah...him and several others...yes! The Rockhoppers...and that ex-commander of the Invasion forces with the robot arm...and--"

"Ladies!" Shady shouts suddenly. "Ralph says they're heading for the ruins of the old Dark Oval Embassy! We've got to--"

But she stops, and her eyes widen. She sees something frightening.

Bat-Fem sees it to and yells, "ground-to-air missle! Everybody BAIL!"

And within a moment the cruiser explodes in a ball of fire.

--------------------

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.