Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » "Omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis" - 52 days after INVASION (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: "Omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis" - 52 days after INVASION
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Who are the 52?

-

Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

[ October 06, 2006, 02:03 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The Border of the Barbarian Hordes and the United Planets

“I’ve alerted the United Planets General Assembly, per Cobalt’s instructions,” said Scipio. “All we can do now is wait.”

“Wait. That’s all we ever do,” said Danger Damsel. She was antsy, and she was ready for action. The Barbarian attacks were days ago, and nothing had been done. “We still have no idea why the Horde would attack the UP, when they’re at war with the Dark Oval. Especially when we’re at war with the Dark Oval.”

“We were at war,” said Scipio. “Not anymore.” It was hard to tell whether he disapproved. “But it doesn’t matter. The attacks happened before we were aware of the peace out here on the outskirts. I’m still trying to figure out Dominus’ strategy. Was he simply using UP space to find a hole in the Dark Oval defenses, and pierce through from the side? Its an old tactic, not using your own borders but pushing through someone else’s…”

“Maybe he thinks he can take on the UP and the D.O. both at once?” she said, now fiddling with her sword. As she swung it, she smashed through a statuette in the corner of the room.

“Anne, please,” said Scipio, annoyed. “And no, he wouldn’t think that. That’s the reason the D.O. so gladly accepted their peace. For all we know, they have a superior fighting force, but couldn’t fight a multi-front war. No…it must have been another reason.”

She leaned forward and wrapped her arms around him. She couldn’t help but smile. This much older man’s presence had been invigorating to her, and she was enjoying every moment possible with him. She leaned near his neck and whispered in his ear. “Maybe you’re just too distracted to think…”

He couldn’t help but smile. Despite her tenacious attitude, she was soft and petite, and she made him feel young. And she smelled so wonderful. But suddenly—it hit him. “Of course!” he said, jumping away, out of her arms. “It was a distraction! So simply…how didn’t I see? They were distracting us…but why? To keep our attention here, while something else was going on at the borders elsewhere. Some fleet getting out? No, no, we’d know that…” Danger Damsel rolled her eyes as he continued to think outloud. “Someone getting in. Which is what we’ve always tried to stop. Not Earth, or Ggrrgg, or Khundia…they’re too far off from this sector of space…someone snuck into the Barbarian Hordes while we were distracted. A UP force? Someone from…the Dark Oval?” He was moving faster now, walking down the hallways. Any playfulness was replaced by the soldier spirit he exemplified. “Come on, Anne, we’ve got work to do. The Barbarian Hordes have an ally, and we need to know who…”

“Great,” she rolled her eyes a second time. “Sounds like a blast…”

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Six Years Ago

Fred was excited. Ever since he'd discovered his superhuman abilities three months earlier, he'd dreamed of using them to earn a spot in the LMB. And today he had his chance. Open tryouts. He was excited. And he was first in line.

The second in line was a squat, portly young man who introduced himself as "Hash". Hash was nervous. He was boiling over with a power he could barely control. Fred tried to keep his distance from Hash as best he could, lest he end up getting accidentally blasted by him and spoiling his own chances at LMB membership.

Soon, it was the moment Fred was waiting for. The LMB called him in to show his stuff. There were all his heroes: Lash Lad, Cobalt Kid, Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass, Lardlad. He was excited. And so thrilled to demonstrate his power when they asked him to.

He could tell by the looks on the faces of the LMBers that his tryout had not gone as well as he hoped.

Cobalt Kid was the one who told him the bad news: "We're sorry, Fred, but while your ability to remove the clothing from other sentients is impressive, I'm not sure how practical it would be in a fight. Especially since many of our villains are already naked."

Lardlad added: "Plus, if you use your powers on someone really HOT, it might distract us as much as our opponents!"

Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass tried to console him: "At least you get this consolation walking stick..."

Just then Loser Lad rushes in: "Guys, come quick! We've got an emergency outside! The next applicant just lost control of his powers and turned everyone else in line into countries of the former Soviet Union! I just barely missed getting turned into Kazahkstan!"

As the LMBers rushed out, Fred stood there heartbroken.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Candlelight Mental Health Clinic, Metropolis, Earth.

The woman who was known galaxy-wide as ‘Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass’ listens intently to her visitors.

“So that’s what’s going on, Shady,” Lil’ Matlock finishes. “We could really use your help.”

“Oh, sweeties, you have no idea how rough the past few days, heck the last few months, have been for me since that awful invasion of Legion World!”

“Well,” comments Lil’ Matlock, “it hasn’t exactly been a spacewalk for us, neither.”

“Oh! I didn’t mean to imply otherwise, sweetie--oh, you make such a pretty baby,Matty--but you know what a worrier I am! When it was announced that Lardy was murdered--and then, it turned out to be poor Hugh instead, well I’ve been beside myself. The galaxy really appears to be a much darker place these days…it‘s why I had to get away and help people my own way.”

“Well,” Dedman speaks up for the first time, “it’s always less dark if you have a little candlelight, Shady.”

“Oh, that’s so sweet, Deddy! But…I’m holding things back. Of course, I can help you. Once my powers consisted only of a kind of morale boost, but over time, I‘ve been able to delve into people‘s psyches to help get at the root of their problems. I think I can access poor Hugh’s memories. Deddy, sweetie, please lie down on this couch.”

He does as instructed and then closes his eyes when Shady prompts. She moves behind the couch where Dedman’s head is resting and massages his temples. She reaches out with her mind into his and finds the memories floating and visually represented as a safe. She touches the lock, and it dissolves. Dedman lets out a momentary gasp as this happens, but with Shady’s steadying influences, he begins to channel the memories and speaks as if he were the man known as HUGEMANBREASTS.

“I…I am Lard Lad. I am protector of the universe...am Lard Knight! I don’t understand why everyone acts like I’m not. Treat me like I am clone. It was clone who hurt Fiona, not Lard Lad. Enemies trick me. Make me think I am clone. Make me look like clone! Must have these boobies removed and belly-button put back, so friends will know I’m Lard Lad, not clone!”

Dedman pauses for a moment as Shady accesses another memory.

“Hmmm…” Lil’ Matlock muses, “Hugh was so traumatized by how he accidentally hurt Space Tart that he became delusional and convinced himself that he was Lardy.”

Dedman speaks again: “Nice man, Mr. Drall. Ugly man, but nice. Helped Lard Lad get surgery he needed. Lard Lad is Lard Lad again! No more boobies and have belly-button back! YAY!”

“Shady,” Lil’ Matlock interjects, “can you see the man Hugh’s talking about in his memories?”

Eyes closed, she answers, “Yes, sweetie, I see him, but I don’t know who he is. He looks like a burn victim, his features hideously scarred. I don’t recognize him. I’m not sure his own mother would, frankly. I can tell he’s Caucasian, medium height, wearing a hooded cloak, intense brown eyes--gosh, they look familiar, somehow, but I can’t place them. Maybe this will help…”

Having been silent for a while, Dedman speaks again, “Mr. Drall has mission for me! Needs me to go in fake Lard Lad’s house and get something for him. Put it in canister. Security will think I am fake Lard Lad. I will rescue friend held captive by fake Lard Lad!” And Dedman stops.

“Well, what did he take from Lardy’s place?” Lil’ Matlock asks. “And who did he rescue?”

“I-I don’t know, Matty. The memories I’m getting from Hugh are very spotty. The poor thing was mentally handicapped, you know. But I get the sense that he succeeded in whatever objectives he was given. He felt so heroic like all his dreams had come true.” And tears begin to stream down her face. “That’s all he ever wanted to be, Matty. A hero…”

“I know, Shady,” Lil’ Matlock says soothingly, “but I need whatever else you can give me…”

“Of…of course,” she says in a measured tone, trying to calm herself back down. Then, she closes her eyes again.

And the inert Dedman begins to speak again: “I am success! I will do what I always do when I save day…drink beer and make love to ladies at Hootchie Hut!”

“Yuck! This not taste too good. Makes head swim. Ladies all over me…what do I do? Got to…got to get out!”

“Hoo! That was weird. Why did I ever go there before? Did I ever go there before? Ooh…hard to walk! Am…dizzy.”

“Who’s that? Hummer Lass! My girl! I love her so much! She’s running to me! Why she have big knives? She make me dinner?”

OW! Oh, Gods! Hummer Lass hurt me---why? OOOoooooowwwwWWW!!! Gods, it hurts so much {sob} Why she do this to me? Why…why…won’t she…stop….”

“f-finally, she stop. She--she leaves. {sob} hurts…who that? is…bat lady? Oh, please, bat lady…please make the pain……..*”

With that, Shady breaks the connection and, crying fiercely, embraces Dedman who is frantic as he tries to transition completely back to himself. A bright glow emits from her and engulfs the two for several moments. When it subsides, the two are moderately composed.

“Shady?” Lil’ Matlock finally says. ”Are you too, alright? Did-did Pru really do this?”

“Yes,” she says wiping tears away, one hand still on Dedman’s shoulder, “that memory was quite clear.”

“Well, then,” Lil’ Matlock says, “guess we’d better get back to Legion World. We have an arrest to make.”

[ September 19, 2007, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: Lard Lad ]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
The Isla Larga Planetoid

A dark antechamber is filled with the sound of growling animals. More than one bone is broken as a frenzy breaks out.

"Can't you keep them quiet!?!" bellows a cloaked figure from within the chamber.

"They're hungry, sister," answers a large, fur-covered creature, "we haven't allowed them to feed for quite some time."

"Soon enough, soon enough. What of that transmission you intercepted?"

"He's been moved. To a place called "Greg Evignan Island."

"Excellent," replies the cloaked figure, "though I had hoped to take out some of the others at the same time, particularly that pudgy one, they'll have to wait. Prepare the ship."

The sound of laughter fills the chamber.

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The Dark Oval, Black Sun Sector

“And here we are,” said Cobalt, flying through space with Jailbait Lass in his arms and S.H.A.G. following closely. “Helios Nocturnos, the home planet of the Black Sun. I’ve always wanted to see it, but never have been this far into the Dark Oval. No army could make it this far of course…only a spy or singular force.”

“You sound like you know a lot about the Dark Oval, Cobie,” said Jailbait Lass. “I wish you’d shared it with me. I collect information for you, that’s my job. I don’t see why you’ve held any of it back…”

He smiled at her. The problems of before seemed to have vanished in the last few days. Now she jabbed him like usual, and he knew there was honesty in her words, but she wasn’t as hurt as the words sounded. “And now you’ll get your answers. You know I have agents here, have had various ones in the past. Even Lardy, Spacey and others have worked in the D.O.”

“Of course,” said Jailbait Lass. “But how does that relate to conspiracies, mushrooms, canisters, intergalactic war, religion, the kitchen sink—“

“I get the picture,” he smiled. “Here, lets sit on this asteroid and take a look at the planet. We can view it from here where it’s beautiful. Because once we’re planet-side, our view of it might be different.” They sat on a large asteroid, floating in space, and Jailbait Lass marveled at the use of their transuits and how they survived in space. “It began a few years ago, though I’d always known about the Dark Oval and have tried to learn its secrets. Make no mistake, they are our enemies. And there *is* a lot of secrets and a lot to learn. Some still so raw that I can’t even talk about them without sounding crazy. But there are some that I’m now sure of. But a few years ago, a mission happened that completely changed my life. A young boy was found on Legion World, that had the power to completely change the world. A ‘nexus of magic’ Stu called him, and the boy was exactly that. By far the most powerful entity we’d ever encountered this side of the Anti-Moderator or Ekron. But he was only an eleven year old boy. His name was Elagabolus.”

“I know this story,” said Jailbait Lass. “You named it ‘The Price of Security’ in our archives. That’s an ominous name.”

“I know,” he said with a sigh, “and I’ve had to deal with my guilt of it ever since. We had to get him off Legion World because people were dying, as various forces tried to collect the boy. In our mission to stop them, he was lost along the way. He disappeared, unable to take the pressure any longer. You see, I have these spiritual powers that allow me to heal, because he transferred them to me. By giving me his ‘good magic’, he kept only his ‘bad magic’. Its much more complicated than that—I hate magic, you know that, and don’t feel like trying to understand it. But that might have sent him on a horrible path. Because the red magic in him might have begun to corrupt him. And its worse. The reason it was such a problem was that I had become aware of a Legion cadet, named Esk, who had the power of prophecy. She’d been having nightmares and I talked to her, and she described to me in vivid detail the prophecies she had—about the destruction of the LMB, and the horrible fate of the UP. She said the reason the LMB would split, was a horrible madman named…Elagabolus.”

“Yes,” said Jailbait Lass. “I remember. I remember you believing that fate isn’t predetermined and the boy had a chance to change his destiny.”

Cobalt looked at the stars. “I believed that once. I hope I still do. But that was part one of what was to come. Months later, another mission went awry and it took even more months to make the connection. Stoopid Cat, as you know, travels back in time occasionally to fight alongside his friends in the JSMBP. On one such mission, he had traveled back with Time Boy, who I know you’ve recently met. Upon their return, they were supposed to land back here. For some reason for another, Time Boy is never allowed to travel beyond the current rate of our time moving forward. What I mean is, and I don’t get it, is that there is an iron curtain of time that does not allow him to travel into our future. He must age as we age, never moving forward too far. He couldn’t reveal our fates to us if we wanted is what I mean. The curtain doesn’t allow him to travel in the space of time between ‘x’, our current continuous forward moving time, and ‘y’, which is 14.24 years into the future. We’ve been able to measure the number. It’s exactly 5,200 days into our future. We’ve never been able to figure out why.”

“I never knew that,” said Jailbait Lass.

“No one does. Only Faraway Lad and Lucien Lad are aware of it with me, because of our investigations into the time stream. But for some reason, and we don’t know why, they were able to this time. They landed exactly five years after the LMB had disbanded, in a horrible period of time where we had fallen into disarray and the UP was doing badly. The exact date was too hard to figure out. They were only there briefly, but tried to learn about what happened. The information was too much to comprehend—wars, deaths, assassinations, dictators, etc. But they did hear one name that was loathed—Elagabolus. And so on their return, I met with Stoopid Cat, and we began making plans.”

Jailbait Lass’ attention was drawn to him now, and he continued. “You know Stoopid Cat and Hrun were once the deadliest of enemies. To say they disliked each other was beyond understatement. Nowadays they are known as one of the most effective duos in the LMB, one of the most ferocious and beloved teams. Well, this is how they became that way. Stoopid Cat and I began making plans, and in an attempt to curb their rivalry, I brought Hrun aboard. Hurn has always been an ally and friend of mine, and I’ve stuck up for him many times despite his bad behavior. He reveres my warrior spirit he says, and the feeling is mutual. Well, we presented our case and the three of us planned on what to do. I decided to bring in one fourth party into our ‘conspiracy’ to get his opinions—because frankly, I respect them greatly, and think the man is brilliant, horribly misunderstood by Legion World at large.”

“Dr. Mayavale,” said Jailbait Lass.

“Correct. Mayavale knows things Lolita. Remember that. Mayavale has some important wisdom that is often lost in the shuffle. He predicted the Dark Stu Saga, did you know that? Anyway, I brought in Mayavale and we decided to work together to do whatever it took to prevent that awful future. All three being alt IDs, the notion that the group secretly protected alt IDs occasionally came up between the four of us, but was never really a part of it. It did factor into my suggestions of building the Giant Squid Memorial Alt ID Center though, but that’s neither here nor there. But we decided to go back to Esk, and to find out what we could. So we approached Esk finally and had her join us at Dr. Mayavale’s Meditation Tent. There, we wanted to know more about her prophecies. The problem is that they are often brief and uninformative. But with the help of Mayavale’s mushrooms and wheezing mists, I believed we could get Esk to tap into her potential and reveal to us a great deal more than normal.”

“And?” said Jailbait Lass.

“And we did. Esk, after hours of wheezing mists and mushrooms, went into a prophesizing state, which lasted for hours. And the four of us looked on, as she began to write down the vivid things she saw. And it was then that she explained to us, that one day soon, we would be on the verge of World War VII.” Now Cobalt hesitated, and took the canister from Jailbait Lass. “So here, in this secret canister, which we falsely nicknamed ‘Stoopiod Cat’s Alt ID Files’ to throw people off, is our big secret.” He opened it up, and pulled out an old document, nothing more than a few pieces of paper, sealed tight. The canister he tossed aside as if nothing. “Not much is it?” he mused.

“What is it?” she said.

“This, I’m afraid, is Esk’s prophecy. 52 steps that will be taken that will lead us to inter-galactic war—and the end of all of us.”

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The Dark Oval, Helios Nocturnos

“This, I’m afraid, is Esk’s prophecy. 52 steps that will be taken that will lead us to inter-galactic war—and the end of all of us.” Cobalt looked at it, and there was no smile on his face anymore.

Jailbait Lass looked at Cobalt’s face and saw his horribly disfigured features shine in the sunlight. Actually, they looked different. Better. Still horrible—but better. He must be healing, she thought. “Go on,” she said.

“This document contains the secrets to possibly saving the universe,” he said, now folding it up. He put it in the pocket of his overcoat, which he had just put on. “…but its impossible to read. Its jumbled and out of order and makes little sense. Its too hard to comprehend, too complicated to crack and then use to our advantage. So the four of us have done what we can, various things here and there, to see if it will help. But there are things happening now that directly relate to it, as if we’re on the verge of another turning point. The Dark Oval. The Black Sun. Dominus. Caracalla. These names are all on their, among riddles and notes. It can’t be coincidence. I think we’re at a crossroads.” He was silent now.

“The world changes Cobie,” she said. “And we must change with it. How can we proceed?”

He smiled at her. “I know. Here’s what we’ve deciphered. A new power arise that connects to the Barbarian Hordes and the Dark Oval. All the current players on the board are connected. And it somehow relates back to Elagabolus. He’s the destroyer of the LMB in this. And if we can’t change his destiny by helping him grow into someone else, we can at least stop those trying to put him on his path. This man, Dominus, seems like he could be a central figure to all of this. Half-Barbarian. Half-Khund. Ggrrggian trained. Worshipper of the Black Sun. He must be stopped.”

“Why wait until now then?”

He hesitated. “I…I lost my way. But thanks to you, Crujeckie and Spacey, I’m back. But, it doesn’t matter. Despite it making total sense, I can’t help but feel I’m overstating Dominus’ importance. He feels like a bit player, as arrogant as that sounds.” He looked at the planet. “But here, now, at the Black Sun, we might be able to get some more answers.”

They were quiet now. Jailbait Lass spoke up after a time. “What ever happened to Esk?”

“I hid her from the rest of the LMB and the rest of the world. She was too dangerous a figure, and if our enemies ever learned of her, they’d probably come after her. She still trains at the LMB Academy, but has no desire to join the LMB. She has a different codename now. Some know of this whole thing, you know. The Legion World Founders know—I had to tell them, otherwise I’d never get over the guilt of Legion World being in trouble. That’s about it actually. Crujeckie knows of course.”

“But no one ever gets the whole story,” said Jailbait Lass. “That’s the wrap on you Cobie. And you know what? Its right. What aren’t you telling me?”

He looked at her, getting serious. “Very good Lolita. Stay sharp always—never let emotion cloud your search for answers,” he added, meaning it. “Down below is the Black Sun planet. The Black Sun is a religious sect that grows every day. They attempt to bring new people under their spell. Some say they are a cult, and the things they practice, they sound like it. They want nothing less than the annihilation of all the suns in the universe, and all the people other than them, so that their deity, Sol Invictus can come down and be the final, unconquered sun, giving the true believers paradise. I say with no small hesitancy, they are our enemy. They’re coming for us one day, that I know. I’m quite sure they’ve begun already. Their Head Priest is a man named Caracalla. I’ve never met him, but I know of him. He’s a devout follower, a truly gifted leader, and has a keen intellect matched only by our wittiest and most intelligent. And he’s also a craven killer, and master manipulator and an excellent strategist that knows how to get others to follow his desires. I secretly suspect he’s not just a ‘man’, but someone with immense power. I also secretly suspect that although he believes his religion, he has his own agenda that he pushes, whether it fits his holy doctrine or not. And I’ve recently become aware that he has a young apprentice that follows him everywhere. The apprentice has become a holy figure among the Black Sun, and is revered as Caracalla’s favorite. The young man’s name, as he is no longer a boy, is…Elagabolus.”

[ October 07, 2006, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
The old Ice Cream Parlol

This was the part of town that sustained the least amount of damage during the invasion. And Helena could see why. This area had once seen better days. There were quite a few boarded up windows and not a lot of people around. Helena was by herself. Winema stated that she had urgent business at the medical center.

Turning a corner, Helena saw the pink and white building. Over the enterance was the sign "Ice ream Parlol", the "C" having fallen in front of the door. Helena continued to amble along as she scouted out the area. She did not notice anything or anyone that appeared out of place. But that didn't mean there wasn't. She saw that there was a side door into the Parlol down the alley. Helena walked around to the back street and enter the alley from that direction. The door was locked, but her robotic arm allowed her to twist the knob off.

To the left was the storeroom. The only thing left on the shelf were two industrial size cans of marachino cherries. To the right was the main area of the parlol. On both walls were a series of booths. About 5 wrought iron tables were in the middle of the floor with 3 chairs at each. A fine dust had settled over everything. Helena was not sure exactly what she was looking for. She wasn't even sure if she should be trusting the strange Dr. Mayavale or even Winema. Behind the counter was a door marked "office". It was the last place to look. Helena opend the door and was blinded by a flash of light.

Helena rubbed her eyes and blinked several times. There were still bright stars of lights dancing wherever she looked.

"Are you all right, honey?" Helena felt an arm going around her shoulder. "I told you that you didn't need to use the flash, dear. Are you ok honey?" Two shapes came into focus for Helena. "Mom? Dad?" Helena squinted, then closed and opened her eyes. Yes, it was her parents. And she was in her old house. She could smell the roast of lightning beast coming from the kitchen. "Dinner will be ready soon." said Dad as he put down his camera and headed back into the kitchen. Mom steered Helena to the couch. "Oh I am so glad you could make it back. You must be tired after your long trip. Sit down and rest. I'll put on some music and during dinner you can tell me all about college." Helena did feel tired and the couch was so soft. It wouldn't hurt to close her eyes for a few seconds, would it?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
Outside Dr. Mayavale's Mediation Tent

Seth had finally been released from his questioning by some of Legion World's security force. So far, it didn't look like he was being accused of the disappearance; a bit of a surprise to Seth. What worried Seth now was that Helena would be unjustly hunted down for this... she'd done so much to make up for her past, but it could still be a weapon against her.

He wandered away from the tent, not sure where to go now...

Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hrykosian Fortress. Lin-Dak Nebula, Dark Oval.

Collus Hrykos's Ready Room...

"What news, Vice-Regent? Speak."

"I won't mince words, Lord," Zyrnyn begins, "I now know who betrayed the Hrykos Clan. It was Kalla Hryl, the Chief of Reclamation at the Hronmire Shipyard."

"Kalla?! I know of her--excellent service record! Are you certain?"

"Yes, my Lord. Her department specializes in refurbishing damaged warships. The Night Raven was allocated to her. She personally logged it out days before the attack on Rrraahhm. And she's been AWOL ever since."

"Why haven't I heard of this before now?"

"Lord, there's been chaos in the entire Dark Oval sector ever since the Barbarians retaliated, and the United Planets, under Cobalt Kid's commission, almost simeultaneously led their assault. Most of what I've done since...our last talk...was to reestablish our internal communications network. The U.P.'s withdrawal helped as well. With only one (though considerably huge) front to manage, it's been somewhat easier to rebuild the net. Having rebuilt, finding Kalla's duplicity was simple."

"Why would she do this, Zyrnyn?" Hrykos shouts, his face turning red. "Why would she cast aside the loyalty that is ingrained within every Hrykosian?!?!"

"A search of her quarters revealed nothing in the way of specifics, but she left this note." And Zyrnyn hands it to Hrykos.

Hrykos reads it: "I commit no treason. The treason was committed against me when my lover was executed by High Command. He served them faithfully but was manipulated by them. His life was thrown away when they were done using him. Hrykosian High Command use and throw away 'inferior' races as they see fit, though without them the Clan would wither and die. My hope is that my actions lead to the cleansing of a corrupt hierarchy and to a new enlightenment. Until that time, I will seek a new home that embraces and celebrates diversity and will do whatever I can there to remakethe galaxyinto a better place!"

He finishes reading the note and angrily tears it to shreds. "Ridiculous! Where is she, Zyrnyn?!?!"

"Uh--unknown, Lord."

"Find her! And find out who this 'lover' was!! I don't believe at all she was in this alone. If we know her lover's name, we'll be that much closer to finding out who precisely she conspired with and where she's gone! GO!"

"Y-yes, my Lord!"

[ December 29, 2006, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: LARDLAD ]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The Dark Oval, Helios Nocturnos

During the daytime hours, the sun beat down furiously, hot upon the heads of the public. So much so, that they were forced to hide from the sun. In the nighttime, it was cool and breezy, a wonder to behold. During the daytime, the Black Sun spent the entire 12 hours in prayer. They had to, as it was divine doctrine to do so. During the night, they carried on with their lives and it was then that things moved as they normally did. They were refreshed in the night, having been so connected to their deity, Sol Invictus, during the day. Every person on Helios Nocturnos was a member of the Black Sun. It was the capital planet of the religion, and where it had begun to spread. Since then, it was an active religion throughout the Dark Oval, and many Hrykosians and other vassal-states were devout followers. But the Black Sun itself had its clerical arm, which was its most important administrative and governing force, and here was where it stayed. At the top the top was the High Priest, Caracalla. Despite his age he looked youthful, although covered completely in black, and his face often hidden. The high-ranking clerics were after him in the pecking order, and below them were the priests in general. To live on Helios Nocturnos, you must be a priest—common believers in the faith that were not clerics lived elsewhere. The city itself was a wonder to behold, but it was often dusty and in somewhat disarray. The clerical buildings, particularly the most religious, however, were exquisite.

On Helios Nocturnos, you’re identity did not matter. You were a devout follower of the Black Sun and you believed in Sol Invictus, and gladly awaited his return to this world, so he would destroy all the suns and all the non-believers, and relight the skies, bringing peace and comfort. You practiced rituals to show your obedience and love, including the spilling of your own blood, to bring the fiery pain that emphasized the divinity of that sensation.

The emergence of Caracalla was undocumented and thus had the feel of a mystery. But it was well known that the Black Sun religion had been in existence for a brief time, following the devotion to Sol Invictus, when one of the clerical oligarchs, Caracalla, emerged as the High Priest and true, singular power-controlling presence among the Black Sun clerics. From there, his power in the order grew exponentially and he eventually became a religious icon himself, though he was smart enough to always underplay this and reinforce his role was out of duty, something he did not because of desire, but because he was compelled. He, alone, was at the top of the pyramid that reached up into the heavens, and he alone heard the voice of Sol Invictus the loudest.

“They’re all praying…” whispered Jailbait Lass to Cobalt Kid, both now heavily cloaked, as to hide their features.

“I know. That seems to be all they’re doing. I wonder if that’s just today, or everyday?” replied Cobalt.

Caracalla and the other high-ranking priests were protected by the Black Sun Honor Guard, a militant order of armed clerics that were stoutly devoted to Sol Invictus and the religion of the Black Sun. They were faithful to Caracalla and took great monastic virtues. They were so extreme that their vows of chastity, poverty and obedience were highlighted by the self-inflicted lives: they were all willing eunuchs, all had no possessions and lived in the villa of Caracalla, and all followed the every whim of the high-ranking clerics.

“Anything S.H.A.G.?” said Cobalt to his hip-hop robot sidekick, who was floating around his head. They now stood on a rooftop, attempting to discern if anything out of the ordinary was occurring here—which was impossible, since they’d never been there before. But all they saw was the entire capital city kneeling in prayer, praying all day for 12 hours until the sun went down, where they would then go to work and *then* act out their normal lives. But as long as the sun was up, they would be in prayer. The buildings were simply, if a bit in decay, although the clerical buildings, churches and monasteries were on the opulent side.

“Na, G, no luck,” said S.H.A.G. in reply. “All seems to be routine. Except the big poppa ain’t around dis week.”

“Caracalla? That is odd. Where is he?” S.H.A.G. did not know the answer.

Three years ago, Caracalla carried out a subversive attack into United Planets space, using Black Sun religious extremists to distract the UP, so he could accomplish a smaller goal. While the UP, and by proxy, the LMB, had their attention elsewhere, Caracalla’s spies were able to find and ensnare the young boy Elagabolus, and bring him to the Black Sun. Although this revealed to the LMB the existence of the Black Sun, of which they had only ever heard rumors, it was far worth it. For Caracalla was aware of Elagabolus and the true nature of the boy, though no one knew how. And he knew what the boy could mean. And so he brought the boy to Helios Nocturnos and indoctrinated him into the order of Sol Invictus. As years past, the boy’s role grew in importance, as he became the apprentice of Caracalla. The boy was a young Priest who was in touch with the divinity of Sol Invictus in a way no other was—how else could one explain his immense power? So as the years past, rumors circulated that he was a young deity reborn, and that Caracalla would one day reveal him to all publicly. The devotion to the boy, though unspoken, grew among the religion.

“At last,” said Cobalt. “Caracalla’s villa.”

“And nothing,” said Jailbait Lass. They had been through it a few times, doing their best not to be seen. It wasn’t hard—there was no one there. “They’re gone Cobie. The High Priest. The Honor Guard. The boy.”

“Elag…” Cobie couldn’t help but whisper.

“They gone playa,” said S.H.A.G. “I don’t detect none of them. Wherever they be, it ain’t here…”

“Where then, Cobie?” said Jailbait Lass, but the answer already formed in her mind.

“The Barbarian Hordes,” he replied, knowing now they were too late.

Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Cafe Cramer

Caliente and Nova Girl waited at the bar waiting for the green tea sitting in the proty shaped teapot to steep for the proper amount of time. Behind the bar Sarah the barista steamed milk and mixed in a shot of vanilla syrup.

"So he just up and left you running the Club?"

"No idea where he is and when he'll come back."

"He's done this before. He could be gone a while."

"I think the Winema innuendos drove him up the wall."

Caliente looked exasperated from two days of running the Evil Genius Club without support. Though the computer system helped the system could not handle the customer aspect of the business.

Behind the bar an egg timer announced that the tea had steeped. Sara leapt accross her workspace gliding gracefully picking up the teapot and pouring the green liquid into two travel cups smartly stenciled with the Cafe Cramer logo.

With a thump the door to the cafe opened and Everyday Girl stepped hurredly to the bar. Sara quickly poured the hot vanilla steamed milk into Everyday Girl's travel mug.

"Ohmygod, no time to talk Sarah. There's like an emergency. Something just made the Legion World Fashion district disappear and reappear floating over the Comic factory. Then it got smashed."

Nova Girl and Caliente stared at each other outraged at the implications. The loss of the LW fashion district meant something too horrible to contemplate. It meant that there would be no place to go shopping.

COBALT ROW

Frio climbed over a pile of ruined shoes as the Invisible Brainiacs secured a crime scene perimeter around the site for the second time in just the past few days. Fortunately all the store employees were unhurt though stunned to see their businesses disappear around them.

Frio grimaced as she turned over a particularly sexy pair of boots crushed and ruined by the debris. Now she knew how Everyday Girl had felt when the comic factory was destroyed. Without the fashion district where would Frio pick up the sexy gear that she'd use to snare a man for the weekend.

On the perimeter the Invisible Brainiacs finished putting up the cordon and proceeded to go into a scanning pattern. Abin Quank inspected the mobile command center set up to control the scene.

He was confronted by a distraught Harbinger who tossed a horribly scuffed patent leather pump into his chest.

"Abin this is an attack on our very way of life."

"Calm down Harbi, we'll get to the bottom of this."

Abin was concerned about the pattern of attacks on LW businesses. However he did not believe the situation as serious the nearly hysterical Harbinger was taking it.

Suddenly every keg and cask of beer and whisky on Legion World appeared over the crime scene and began raining down on the Security Officers. Frio and Invisible Brainiace protected who they could with their powers as kegs smashed open on impact flooding the area with booze.

Abin looked at the devastation and suddenly found himself agreeing with Harbinger. An attack on their way of life indeed.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Old Town. Hummer Lass's Apartment.

Hummer Lass lies on her bed, sobbing and applying a cold compress to her badly bruised and swollen face.

"why.." she moans. "Why would my love do this to me. I've-I've got to do better in the future...make sure I do what I'm supposed to. I killed that horrible imposter! I hope my love will come back and hold me..."

Then she's shocked by a loud thump against her door.

"My love--?" she whispers in a voice simeultaneously exultant and fearful.

But the door is smashed open and several armed men come in.

"Prudence Goodwyfe...Hummer Lass?" one of them shouts. "You are under arrest by authority of the Legion World Security Office!"

Her eyes dart around for her sais and she leaps out of her bed. But she is felled by a stun blast from one of the officers who'd had his gun trained on her.

Lil' Matlock is strapped to the speaking officer's back. "Put her in the transport, boys, and take her to a holding cell at the Security Office," Matty orders.

His eyes take in the scene. "Confiscate the clothes in that wastebasket...and those knives. I think you'll find they are called sais. Go over every inch of this place, and bring your findings to me! I'm leaving immediately to question the prisoner. Ralph?"

And the officer Lil' Matlock is piggybacking dutifully heads toward his boss's cruiser.

[ October 09, 2006, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: LARDLAD ]

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Quislet's Table

After spending several hours going through the LMB's records and files trying to find something that would jog Rockhopper Lass's memory, she and Rockhopper Lad decide they need a break. With Hyvvie the Wonder Beagle and Old Dutch the Super Cow, they go to Quislet's table for a late lunch.

Sitting down to two sushi boxes, steak tartare and a bushel of grass, the four silently pondered what to do next.

"Eudyptes," Rockhopper Lass sighed after many minutes, "I'm sorry to be so much bother."

"Adelie, don't worry about it for a second."

"I just wish..." Perhaps it was the wasabi, perhaps it just came to her, but Rockhopper Lass's jaw dropped and she held her head.

"Adelie, what's wrong?"

"I--I remember something."

"How wonderful!" Rockhopper Lad smiled.

"What do you remember?" asked Hyvvie, his tail wagging.

"I remember something that happened while I was away. Or rather someone. I think it's a name. Eudyptes, do you know anyone called Blaine Fey?"

[ October 10, 2006, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: Rockhopper Lad ]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
INTERLUDE : EARTH

Joeboy ran through the streets of Old Newcastle, Newspaper over his head to shield him from the torrents of rain that were falling. The Rain turned to hail and He ducked underneath an awning, cursing to himself as he checked his watch.

"Sprock it! if Im late again Ill never hear the end of it."
The hailstorm died down and he ventured back into the street. within a few minutes he came upon a cafe, the Sundollar. Throwing the wet and fastly deteriorating newspaper into the nearest bin he entered Sundollar and was greeted by an irate looking young man, Nathan.
"You're late" Said Nathan "Again" Getting up from his seat.
"I know I know...I got caught up in that hailstorm."
Joeboy smiled, pulling a konobar out of the small bag that he was carrying.
"But I brought you candy!"
Nathan chuckled and the two embraced before sitting down in the booth that Nathan had been waiting in. The booth had a window on one side, facing the street. breathing on the window Nathan traced a little heart in the condensation
"Bloody Hell its coming down out there."
"Tell me about it. Climate Control's been stuck on Tsunamie since Ooograh the slightly frightening tried to take over the world again last month."
"F***ker"
"Heh. Yeah...Giant Monsters are Gay"
"Hate Crime!"
Outside, Lightning struck and the storm increased in intensity.
"So what do you think?" Said Joeboy "Its been so long since you had the night off...I want to do something special."
"Meh...I dont know..Im not to fussed. Maybe Gaybar (tm)? I totally feel like spilling drinks on Drag Queens"
"Ooh thats SUCH a good Idea. We havent done that in so long."
"Yeah...Im thinking Ouzo with Coke. That sh*t never comes out. they'll be stinking of licorice for days."
Outside Lightning struck.
Nathan continued talking but Joeboy wasnt really paying attention, lost like always in Nathans beauty. He was still getting used to the idea of being in love. of the way his heart jumped at the mention of Nathans name. Of every kiss being just like the first. Joeboy was usually a loner when it came to matters of the heart but Nathan had changed all that. The past year had been the happiest he'd ever had.
"And so I said Bantha? I hardly even knew her!"
Joe chuckled, snapping into reality.
Outside Lightning struck again. Nathan continued the conversation in that special way of his that doesnt really need a second person. Joeboy was distracted, looking out the window at the storm outside. Lightning struck, this time right outside the window, leaving a small ring of fire on the tarred road.
Nathan jumped.
"Bloody Hell that Lightings getting close!"
"Bloody Hell you say Bloody a lot"
"Bloody Oath"
Lighting struck.
Joeboy began to stand "You know I dont think thats lightning"
"What do you mean it's not lightning?"
"Trust me...I know a bit about Lightning"
With that Lightning struck again and the Ground began to rumble beneath their feet. Outside the people on the streets were being forced to move back as the ground began to splinter and crack,
"Sprock it!"
The ground heaved. People were scattered everywhere, Cars crashing into each other as buildings and trees began to be torn apart. Then, almost as abruptly as it had started, the commontion ceased and the rain stopped. People slowly got up, inspecting the damage
Suddenly, the street outside Sundollar heaved and sunk, leaving a huge pit.
"No...No no no no no" Yelled Joeboy "Im on a Date here Dammit"
Nathan looked at Joeboy, bewildered
"Whats going on? Was that an Earthquake? We havent had one of them since 2097"
"No...No it wasnt" Joeboy sighed.
Something huge was a emerging from the pit, A large Tripod like machine. For a minute it just stood there, the people around it bemused. Then letting off a hideous, Alien scream it began to fire...Blasts of energy that turned whatever they hit into dust...cars, people, buildings.
"Holy Hell!" Nathan gasped, moving towards the door to get a closer look
"No! just stay back. this is going to get ugly"
"Ugly like yo' Momma"
Joeboy grinned. "Same as always. Even in the face of certain death you've gotta crack a yo' Momma joke. Anyway..." He sighed, holdong Nathan by the shoulders "I wanted to wait for the right time to tell you this but it looks like Im not going to have a choice."
"Tell Me what?"
"Just...just stand back"
Joeboy stepped outside, eyes on the Tripod.
"CAPTAIN MARVEL!"
This time the Lightning struck him and Joeboy was gone. in his place, smoke coming off of his Bright Red and Yellow costume, Stood Kid Marvel.
Nathan stepped towards him, plaing a hand on his chest and tracing the shape of the yellow thunderbolt with his finger. He looked up into Kid Marvel's eyes.
"You...You're a...Superhero?"
"Ummm..Yeah. You could say that."
"Thats so..." Nathan grinned "Hot."
"Really? you arent weirded out or...wait a minute...getting off topic...Tripod...outside."
Looking back at Nathan "Ive gotta go"
"Go get em' Tiger. But next time we do it you're wearing the Costume."
"Deal"

[ October 10, 2006, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.