Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » "Omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis" - 52 days after INVASION (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: "Omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis" - 52 days after INVASION
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
The Psyonian Embassy

< The Royal Family stands within a communications room. Technicians move about them, intent on their work and trying not to intrude on the royals. It wasn't every day that the King and Queen of Psyonia appeared in their workplace, so it was hard not to be awestruck. >

[King Hrold]: Things go well with the reconstruction efforts, Daughter.

< They all look at the holographic images cycling before them > Well, with the Psyonian accounts reopened, the Legion World Bank is operating much more normally once again. The influx of funding has proven most beneficial.

[King Hrold]: Well, with things progressing so well here, your Mother and I have decided it's time to return home. Granted, we only sustained minimal amounts of damage from the Dark Oval, but still our people need us home.

< Crujectra hugged her parents tightly >

I'm going to miss you both. I'll never forget how you fought by our side during this ordeal.

[King Hrold]: You will never stand alone so long as we are alive, Daughter.

< King Hrold pressed a button on his belt, and suddenly the King and Queen of Psyonia shimmered and faded from sight as they teleported up to the Battlestar Galaxia >

[King Hrold telepathically]: Do not forget your mission, Children [/King Hrold telepathically]

[Spellbinder/The Crusader/Maxx the Sorcerer telepathically] We won't, Your Majesty. We will be keeping an eye on certain individuals here on Legion World [/Spellbinder/The Crusader/Maxx the Sorcerer telepathically]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Streets of Legion World

Tamper walked past the Mayavale's Mediation tent as the sweet scents of incense and more illicit aromatic substances wafted throught the air.

"Wait a minute, shouldn't be that be MEDITATION TENT?".

Either way he thought that he might partake of the good Doctor's services the next time he was in negotiations with the Stage Actors' Guild, Hrun, or Nova Girl who he remembered was quite succeptable to the giggles when inhaling the stuff he was wafting.

Surmising that Doc Mayavale had been in the tent a littling too long when he was making the sign for his establisment Tamper smirked revelled in the sight of hourly rate motels and 'massage parlours' in this sketchy part of town.

Strangely this morning there were no newspapers on the newstands this morning. In the distance in the industrial park Every Day Girl could be heard exclaiming.

"OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!
Some Oldie stole the printing company. Theres not gonna be any Digi Card Legion ZZX for months."

The security alert rang out and officers could be seen converging on EDG's position to investigate.

[ September 19, 2006, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: Tamper Lad ]

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Princess Crujectra Center

< The marquees above the main entrance advertise: "FREE ADMISSION TO ALL SHOWS FOR LEGION WORLDERS ALL THIS WEEK" >

In order to give a moment's reprieve to our beloved citizens who are struggling to overcome the property and emotional damage done to them during the Invasion, the Princess Crujectra Center is opening it's doors to all. These free shows feature the United Planets' most famous theatrical draws, including the family-friendly Cirque de Solaris.

There will be door prizes for all as well, including all expenses paid resort vacations for 100 lucky winners.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
chocolatteOne of the first establishments created on Legion World, this small café specializes in chocolate treats, including the famous ‘chocolatte’. It is co-owned by long-time LMBers STU and Cobalt Kid, though neither has taken an active hand in running it for some time. Currently, Legion World’s last remaining Supergirl Robot is the café’s manager.

A hooded figure enjoyed sipping some chocolate delight that he had never encountered before. After all, they didn’t have this back where he was from. Indeed, many of these small and subtle wonders of Legion World could mesmerize an outsider for hours on end. What a strange and wonderful place this Legion World was here.

But that would be heretical to think that way. One must never accept the notion that enlightenment could be found here, among false prophets. No, one must accept that there could only be one source of truth, Sol Invictus. And all other suns must perish. Such was the way of the Black Sun.

The Dominion and the Hrykosians started something that now had to be finished. There was no turning back now, and things must be fixed properly…

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
THE LOVE SHACK

Jailbait Lass had sent her regrets that she would miss the biweekly meeting of the Matchmakers, a group of five of the LMBPU's classic romance characters who got together weekly to discuss the ongoing trevails of their love lives.

Kid Gender Stereotype Reversal II had missed several recent meeting of the Matchmakers herself. Having recently ended her relationship with the all too often absent Eryk Davis Ester, she was in no mood for the "I told you so's" that she knew her fellow club members would offer.

Well, at least she knew that Dormant Damsel wouldn't judge her. The permanently comatose Matchmaker, who was also the heart and soul of the Light Brigade and who had nearly been elected President of the United Planets during the last election, was KGSR2's best friend. It delighted KGSR2 to see DD lying there on the couch as she entered the Love Shack. Apparently, they were the only two there so far.

To the surprise of KGSR2, Dormant Damsel suddenly opens her eyes and speaks!

"52!" she says.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Red Bee
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Red Bee   Email The Red Bee         Edit/Delete Post     
Takron-Galtos

Two guards stood there, bored out of their skulls of another long night of standing in the same position. They were not allowed to move, because they were guarding a very important guest. They were guarding the Red Bee, one of Takron-Galtos’ most famous prisoners. He had broken out once before and went on a murderous killing spree, ending the life of the beloved Space Ranger. He had almost gotten free again, if not for the Royal Inquisitor during the Invasion.

Or, did he actually get away?

One of the two guards noticed something was wrong. The Red Bee was pacing back and forth in the room. He never paced, never moved in anything other than a casual, easy-going way while he was imprisoned.

“Sit down Bee, that’s enough,” said one. The Red Bee said nothing.

Slowly, the Red Bee smiled. As his smile began to fade, they noticed his face began to turn a sickly shade of green. His whole body began to swirl around in a horribly disgusting way. And in his place, suddenly, was a Durlan. Madrox, the Multiple Durlan.

Flashback
Dark Oval invaders break into Takron-Galtos. A tremendous battle ensues. Madrox the Multiple Durlan, mercenary for hire, emerges, ripping apart the Red Bee’s prison cell. “You’re free Bee…one of the cruisers will take you to the Dark Oval. An enemy of the LMB is an ally of the Dark Oval.”

“And you?” said the Red Bee, his famous grin coming over his face.

“My job is just getting started,” replied the Durlan, and suddenly, he transformed into an exact replica of the Red Bee.

As the Red Bee left Legion World (for good?), Madrox the Multiple Durlan was beaten by the Royal Inquisitor and imprisoned in Takron-Galtos, where he now remained.

“A Durlan!” said the guard, pulling out his taser.

“Not any Durlan,” said the other guard, smiling, as he turned his arm into a large sword and stabbed him through the back. “The Multiple Durlan.” The second guard revealed himself to be a clone body of Madrox and freed his alpha self. The two merged. “One job finished with the Bee, and now a second begins for my real bosses…” he muttered, turning into a miniscule Winathian Hydra-Moth, and floating out through the vents, into deep space and onwards, towards Legion World.

The Dark Oval

A score of bodies floated endlessly in space, occasionally exploding, as bodies are apt to do in the deadness of space. Far off, the Red Bee flew on in their cruiser. “Foolish,” he thought, “the Red Bee has no friends.”

From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
An alley near Cafe Cramers

"Your investigation? Are you a member of the Security Office?"

"ME! A member of Cobalt Kid's hedonistic buffoons? Don't make me laugh. I told you, I am Winema Wazzo. I should be the rightful Leader of Legion World. These fools don't even know that the Black Sun is trying to infiltrate Legion World even now. They think that because the Invasion was driven off and their precious Cobalt Kid is launching a counter-invasion that they are safe. Now if you'll excuse me..."

With that, Winema phased into intangibility and out of Helena Handbasket's grasp.

"Wait!" Helena tried to grab hold of Winema's shoulder, but her robotic hand went through the middle aged politician. "Please, you mentioned the Black Sun. What do you know about them and their being on Legion World?" Winema turned around and looked intently at the former Dark Oval commander. "And who are you? I know most of the people here on Legion World and I don't know you." "I'm Comman.. I'm Helena Handbasket. I've..I've only recently come to Legion World, but I have been taken by the hospitality of this world and your people." Winema's eyes narrowed. "Were you going to say 'Commander'? You are one of those Dark Oval troopers that turned traitor, aren't you?"

Helena is stunned by Winema's words. "I..I guess I am a traitor." Helena thought. "Yes, I was with the Dark Oval, but my eyes were opened to the injustice they were inflicting upon this world and the people. I am now dedicated to the protection of Legion World and her people." "Are you now? And what do you know about the Black Sun?" Helena looked around. "Do you have a place where we can talk privately? It isn't wise to talk about the Black Sun in the open, especially if they have infiltrated Legion World." "You are right. Come with me!" Winema strode back into the street and headed of to the residential district.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The Medical Center

Rockhopper Lass lay unconscious in her hospital bed. Her inter-dimensional "brother" spoke with the doctors, who despite their relative unfamiliarity to Pyngwyn physiology, had been able to diagnose some kind of head trauma. "We'll know more when she comes around," explained Dr. Avis Wasser, shaking her head.

Just then, Rockhopper Lass began mumbling.

"Adelie!" Rockhopper Lad cried, "are you all right?"

"What's going on?" she asked in Pyngwyny.

"There was an accident transporting you to your world," he explained, also in their native tongue. "You were transported to another city here on Legion World, and then you collapsed. Since there aren't many Pyngwynyy on this world, they contacted me immediately."

"All right. But I have one question."

"Sure."

"Who am I?"

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
LW Underworld

The cloaked man who met earlier with Hummer Lass enters a secret location in Old Town. At the flip of a switch a huge display of vid-monitors lights up. On different screens appear various Legion World venues.

Looking particularly at the Takron-Galtos monitor, the man is pleased to see Madrox effecting his escape.

"Good!" he says. "The replicant fooled all the prison's sensors! Hopefully, Madrox will have no trouble freeing the prisoner I need him to free."

"Hmm...what else? Ah, yes...the Pyngwyn female's memory is erased--excellent! I felt it better to go this route, rather than kill her after what she accidentally found out during the attempted transport to Earth-4. Her death or prolonged disappearance might have presented...problems."

"What else--the Love Shack--No! She awoke, if only for a moment? I might have to have Dormant Damsel killed. If she awakes again and says more....hmmm, I'll get that one taken care of very soon."

"Mmm? Why is Helena Handbasket's vid offline? Technical failure, perhaps? I'll look into that."

"All the other scenarios are going apace. It should be very rewarding to see the Hummer Lass scenario play out. And, of course...there's always the little secret I have in this container!" <pats a metallic urn-like container> "I still can't believe Lard Lad hasn't missed it yet!"

<and the man laughs and laughs, apparently very satisfied with himself.....>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Evil Genius Club

===============================
Table d'Hote

Green Salad

and

Roast Talokian Game Meat au jus served with
Purple Potatoes and seasonal vegetables

and

Cabbage Pudding

=========================

Winema Wazzo glanced across the table at her guest Helena who looked disturbed by the menu at the club.

"People eat this?"

"Just pretend to eat it like everyone else does, Helena. The food is free here but that's not why people buy memberships."

"Why's that?"

"The club is the only place in all of LW certified to be free of electronic monitoring. Not that I, Winema Wazzo have anything to hide of course. "

"So this is where Legion Worlders come to air their dirty laundry."

"Dirtier than the Hotels frequented by Cobalt Kid in his bachelor days, my dear. Now lets talk about the Black Sun...."

Elsewhere in the Club
"Well it's about time you got back here this wedding stuff is outta control and Thora's people have got me smoking hot." said Caliente as she glared at Tamper.

"Any guests of note this evening, Cali?"

"Just Winema Wazzo."

"Fine then let's get to work on this wedding morrass."

[ September 19, 2006, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: Tamper Lad ]

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
"Robert Green Ingersoll was known as the Great Agnostic." said Non Sequitor to no one in particular.

[ September 20, 2006, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Streets of Legion World

Jailbait Lass and Dedman walked quietly down the streets of Legion World, taking in the brisk air. The sun had started to set and the day had gotten darker. Soon it would be nighttime.

"Should we take these mushrooms?" said Dedman, after a brief silence. No stranger to mind-altering experiences, Dedman had no reservations about testing out that type of method to get further information.

"I...I don't think so. Not yet. I think we'll know when the time is right."

"How very...LMB of you," he smiled. Despite her long-standing ties to the LMB, Jailbait Lass was no LMBer. Just an ally and friend.

So far Dedman had asked few questions, out of his trust for Cobalt Kid and the rest of his LMB brethen. But there was little to tell. Cobalt had confided in Jailbait Lass how important this cannister was, but told her only that it needed to be delivered to Stoopid Cat.

"Maybe...you should just take it to Actor Lad and Kent Shakespeare?" said Dedman finally. "As LMB leaders, they could probably help."

Jailbait Lass shook her head. No, that was the last thing they should do. She wouldn't be responsible for any of her friends being seen as 'conspirators' or such nonsense.

"There's one more place I think might work," she said suddenly. "I didn't even think of it before. Its in the seedier parts of town though."

"Ok..." said Dedman, following her.

Unseen by either, a Winathian Hydra-Moth flickered in the street lights.

The Green
LMB Archive Entry #2121: "Following our mission I've entitled "Journeys and Destinies", I can confirm the existence of the long rumored magic pathway known as 'The Green'. Moving in and out of various planets, dimensions and planes of existence, this pathway made completely of forest connects all of these places together through magical means. I also judge it to be too difficult to travel in and very unreliable." - STU, LMB Leader, 2/6/3004.

She walked through the Green at a steady pace, eager to get off the path as soon as possible. She'd been away so long that she was used to it, but now being so close to Legion World made her hunger to get home. 'Home'? Ha. Not really. But the place where her friends were and where her sister was. Spending all that time in enemy territory made her forget about all those people...

Enough, she told herself. Get off the green and get to Legion World. Find the girl and get her off planet. Scipio and Shark Lad had been very specific about her instructions. And Danger Damsel took pride in completing the missions given to her by Cobalt Kid, both proficiently and in complete secret.

-
"Danger Damsel"

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Medical Center

Rockhopper Lad blinked in disbelief. "You're Adelie, Princess of the Pyngwyn Colonies, also known as Rockhopper Lass."

"And who are you?"

"I'm Eudyptes, Prince of the Pyngwyn Colonies--Rockhopper Lad."

"Are you my brother?"

"Well, not exactly." The Pyngwyn Prince explained to his "sister" about her unique state.

"I'm not from this universe?"

Rockhopper Lad shook his head sadly.

"And I've lost my memory."

"I'm afraid so."

Rockhopper Lass began to get up.

"Your Highness," Dr. Wasser cried, "You must stay in bed! You're not well!"

Rockhopper Lass, having lost the ability to speak Interlac looked at the doctor with great puzzlement, but, assuming it was regarding her health, shouted in Pyngwyny, "I feel fine! I'm going to find out what's going on!"

"Adelie, please, relax," Rockhopper Lad pleaded. "At least let me help you."

She sighed. "I guess you have to. No one else here seems to speak Pyngwyny and these creatures--I don't know--what are those things they have on their bodies?"

"Clothes. Most humanoids...I'll tell you later. Dr. Wasser, I'd like to take Adelie home with me."

"She's amnesiac and she doesn't speak the language. I don't see how..."

"Please, doctor. I think she needs to be in more comfortable surroundings."

After several weary minutes, Rockhopper Lad convinced the doctor to allow him to take Adelie. "Where are we going?" the puzzled princess asked.

"To the Rookery. You need to be around other Pyngwynyy right now."

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
LMB Underworld

Down a dark alley in Old Town a woman made homeless during the Invasion flees for her life as a street gang gives chase. She runs as hard as she can but makes a wrong turn into a dead end.

"NO!" she cries.

She whirls around to see the 12 gang members have cut off her exit.

"Please! I have nothing!"

"Oh...I think you do!" says the Talokian who leads this bunch. "Yes, yes you do. I think we are about to have a good time!" Flanked by the others, he approaches her, laser scalpel in hand. "I think we'll start with your top, yes?"

"I don't think so."

Startled, they look up and see a female figure in garb resembing a bat looking down from an adjacent roof.

"Who are you?" the Talokian sneers. "Some LMB reject?"

"No, I'm unaffiliated. It seems the LMB and the Security Office have no time for Old Town. I'm here to protect its innocents!"

And with that, she swoops down and plows into the gang. She's too fast and too skilled for any of them and takes them all down brutally within two minutes.

"Are you all right?" she asks the homeless woman after the last gang member goes down.

"Y-yes...thank you! Wh-who are you?"

"I'm Bat-Fem. Please be more careful in the future. These streets are rough." She gestures toward the bangers. "They'll help spread the word on the streets about me--those that aren't about to go in traction, anyway. Good night."

And she flies up behind a line fired back up to the rooftop.

"ummm...bye..." stammers the homeless woman, and then she quickly runs out of the dead end and toward the flophouse which was her destination before the night became so complicated.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
Seth Gaterra's quarters... not much in size, and even less in furnishings. Just a cot, a light, and storage space for his few clothes and other belongings. But he didn't need much; everything had been rationed on Angtu... and the various cells he'd been caged in had even less to offer. And considering the damages done to Legion World, it was best to ask for as little as possible.

There weren't many people Seth knew here yet; most of them were still strangers even after all this time. Which helped matters, in a way... better to face strangers, than see people that he'd remembered as friends and allies. And then he'd have to remember again that those familiar faces didn't know him, hadn't met him; the friendships were elsewhere... elsewhen.

But while Seth didn't know who'd made him remember different lives, different versions of himself -- the doctors had cleared him as sane. The mental tampering was there, but there wasn't anything like commands to go kill people or spy on them; the usual reasons for such manipulations. So he worked on the reconstruction efforts... actually, the deconstruction efforts. It was easier in some regions to just clear out the debris and start over, than try to repair the remains... and a disintegrator came in quite (ahem) handy, for that task.

Seth's crystal children were slightly upset over this; he'd held his power back for them exclusively for so long, they didn't appreciate the smaller "meals" now. So he rested on the cot, directing his thoughts toward soothing them...

Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.