Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Onevision - 'The Psionic Spear' (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: LMB Onevision - 'The Psionic Spear'
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The Khanate of Sol Invictus

“No!” said Cobalt Kid, as now he finally had reached his breaking point. He flew up at the sky, towards Elagabolus and prepared to destroy him. He used his magnetism to knock him back, but it did not work, when suddenly, he realized what might. Cobalt focused all his power on his healing abilities—given to him by Elagabolus himself when he was just an innocent boy, and fired them at the teenage Emperor full blast.

The effect was immediate. Elagabolus’ skin began to burn and then boil, and the blue energy seared the flesh horribly, as Elagabolus had done to others. “Aaaaargh!” screamed the boy, burning Cobalt back.

“Why, Elag?!! Why?!! You could have done so much good for the world!! How could you do this?! How could you be such a monster?!” screamed Cobalt, his anger a fiery rage, as he placed both hands on Elagabolus’ face and seared the flesh on his cheeks, hoping to give him as much pain as anyone could endure, and then some more. “You’re a monster! How could you do it?!” screamed Cobalt.

Elagabolus fell from the sky at a rapid pace, and Cobalt attempted to make him crash, so that at least he’d be taken out, but Elagabolus was a power unlike any other, and he suddenly found new reserves to tap, and unleashed them back at Cobalt, almost consuming him with fire. Their embrace fell, and they were separated, and Cobalt felt the familiar feel of Abin’s power ring made constructs picking him up, as Kid Marvel flew past them to hammer on Elagabolus some more.

Kid Marvel, pounding on a severely weakened Elagabolus, flew with him out of the city and across the sky of the planet, at last landing towards what looked to be a small sea, and then hurling the badly burned Elagabolus—who could not heal—into the waters below. The young Emperor sank with the force, falling quickly to the bottom of the ocean, although his rage endured, and he planned to regroup. Kid Marvel turned back to the city. “Any other time and I would tussle with him forever. But dammit…I’m leader now…I have to check on the others…”

Down below, Caracalla now turned to the remaining LMBers present, as the warriors of the Khanate closed in. He looked at them with grave eyes, but he had no chance to talk. “Foolish little man!” yelled Crujectra, the full might of her Psionic power returning, as she rose into the air. “You and your ‘emperor’ have gone too far!” she said, and suddenly, she unleashed a blast of telekinetic energy across the capital city, which knocked everyone in the vicinity backwards. Her thoughts turned to what she thought Marcus should have done with the Spear if it had no ill effects on the universe, and she knew there must have been something. She read the minds of those around her, and knew where the armadas and weapon storages were on the Khanate of Sol Invictus. She knew where their bombs and their arsenals were. She reached out to here fellow LMBers, and at once, she, Eryk Davis Ester and Caliente decided to do what they could to put a damper on the military plans of the Khanate of Sol Invictus.

Spellbinder, Caliente and Eryk Davis Ester (with his Luck Lord) began to dismantle the arsenal as fast as they could, one storage facility at a time, as Abin Quank joined them with Cobalt, who was healing the horrible burns on his body. He saw Spellbinder working and instantly flew up beside her, and took on hand in his own. He kissed her cheek while she concentrated and then joined in and did the same.

Caracalla, for the first time, appeared to be growing angry. “Stop her!” he yelled. He went to make a move forward, when Varalent appeared before him with a punch knocking him backwards.

“Listen to me Priest,” said Varalent. “We know you can get to us in the United Planets—you’ve proven that. Well today, we will show you that we can get to you. You’ll remember that the LMB came onto your planet, and did this to your armies…” The warriors closed in on them, Outdoor Miner ported Vee, Stealth, and Rockhopper Lad back up into orbit. “My friends, I know you want vengeance,” he said, “but we are the LMB.”

“Our weapons my lord!” yelled a Khanate General, in a fury, as they were being dismantled.

“It is…a setback,” said Caracalla calmly but this time with anger, as he wiped the blood from his mouth, “I would hardly call them victorious.”

At last, a great deal of the arsenal was destroyed. They were still in shock at all of the events taking place, but something, they knew was being accomplished, legal or not.

“Come on guys,” said Abin, to some of their shocked faces. “Its not safe here. There’s little we can do. Can we even arrest Caracalla? Or Elagabolus?”

“We have to do something more…” said Cobalt Kid

“But what Cobie?” said Eryk. “What can be done here? How can you defeat an enemy whose people support him? If he insists on destroying the UP, it can only be through war.”

“We have to end this with Caracalla now,” said Cobalt, “no matter what…” he finished, and instantly, he turned away from them all, and flew at the High Priest again, who stood with a gathering of warriors, watching him come. Scipio. Danger Damsel. His father. Marcus. Tarina. It was never-ending the evil of this man.

“Do you plan to execute me, Cobalt Kid?” said Caracalla coldly. “Or perhaps drag me back to the United Planets and incite the war to end all wars? Your only other option is to leave now, while you still can.”

Cobalt thought of Lard Lad and the decision he had made. Then he thought of all those deaths Caracalla had responsible for.

Suddenly Spellbinder was by his side. “Its over Cobie,” she said telepathically. “The Spear has been destroyed; the warring is over outside the Khanate. We’ve put a minor dent in their arsenal, but more, we’ve instilled a fear of us in the Khanate’s soldiers. You saw Marcus and you saw Tarina. We can never cross that line.”

He took her hand in his and looked down at Caracalla and the Khanate warriors. And he smiled at the High Priest. “You’ll overplay your hand one day, Caracalla, and I’ll be there. We’ll all be there, and the LMB will finish you for good.”

With that, Cobalt and Spellbinder flew into orbit to rejoin their friends, though the taste left after this battle was bitter indeed.

END CHAPTER SEVEN

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Chapter Eight: In Between Rounds

Weber’s World

“The debates are in full force again,” said Quislet, walking out of the main hall, and joining Faraway Lad, Matlock and Antiquated Forms of Communication Lass. “They’re continuing to debate on whether to go to war with the Khanate of Sol Invictus.”

“It is out our hands at least,” said Faraway Lad. “That is a decision that we should not be making ourselves, as Legionnaires,” he added, overlooking the rest of Weber’s World through a large window, and the orange sunset that was constantly on the horizon. “Still, it is a shame that the Ambassadors of the three fallen planets must find a new home to return to. We came here with such high hopes of peace, and now its all for nothing. Not only is the chance for peace gone, its now irrelevant. Three entire races wiped out completely.”

“They’d been trying for so long,” said AFC Lass, “but all it took was one’s inclusion of a more evil power to finally give them what they wanted.” There was a bitter sadness in her words, as she dealt with the finality of the situation.

“If you ever need a home,” said Faraway Lad, “you know where we are.”

“Thanks,” she said with a half-smiled, “but I’ll be okay. I haven’t lived on Ggrrgg in a long-time, and I thought that although I could help, I had moved past it. Unlike Bevruck…”

“It’s a shame,” said Matlock, “but in the end, I think he began to realize the enormity of his betrayal.”

“It was great work Matt, as usual,” said Quis. “At least we know that Weber’s World is free from leaks, despite its continual disagreements and political maneuvering. Politics may be a dirty business, but there needs to be at least a semblance of honesty in it.”

“Let’s hope so…” said Matlock.

They all turned to see Ambassador Relnic leaving the Great Hall where the debates and speeches continued on inside. He looked both relieved but now newly determined. “Well,” he said, “I thank you Legionnaires for everything. Although there will be some more debates and more speeches, its obvious what is going to happen next.” He had their attention immediately. “The United Planets is going to declare war on the Khanate of Sol Invictus.”

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Deep Space – aboard an LMBP Cruiser

“So, war has been declared,” said Kid Marvel, “and we were just there days ago. We could have accomplished so much more and never had to leave. Timing…it truly means everything,” he finished, looking somewhat annoyed and disgusted.

“We were right to leave Joey,” said Rockhopper Lad. “We have to do this by the book. I wanted to stay and show the Khanate what they had reaped, but we couldn’t. We have to stand for something more than that, than invading a planet half-cocked, even if days later we end up at war with them. Besides, what we did is more than enough. We destroyed a fair amount of the home planet’s arsenal. Now armadas from all around the Empire will be brought in to guard the home planet, taking them away from the borders. Its not much, but its decisive.”

“Rocky’s right,” said Abin. “And I’m sure we’ll have another shot. Where’s everyone else?” he said, turning to Outdoor Miner. “Where’s Eryk?”

Outdoor Miner smiled. “Sleeping. He and Stealth are getting some rest,” he nodded to the side, where Eryk and Stealth were both sleeping on two upraised cots, finally getting some sleep after the recent weeks of interstellar travel. “The boy Marcus had become a friend to them during the course of the mission. You know how it goes. It’s a shame what happened to him, really.”

“And Tarina too,” said Fat Cramer joining them. “She truly proved her mettle in the end. She showed she was more than the stereotypical depection of those that lived in that sector of space. She did the right thing. I’m going to mourn her.”

Farther up front in the cruiser, where Varalent and Caliente were piloting, sat Cobalt Kid, overlooking the stars, an air of melancholy about him, as he considered all the events of the past few weeks in his head. He did not miss the irony on how days after he was forced to leave the Khanate before he did something illegal, the UP made it legal to go there. But now it seemed to matter little, with so many more dead when all was said and done.

Spellbinder walked over to him, and put her arms around him. She spoke to him telepathically, so none could hear. “You’ll have to sleep sometime Cobie,” she said softly.

“You too,” he smiled. “But I know you can’t either. Its funny how little closure there is in the world, especially when people die. Things just end, and you’re forced to continue on, and deal with the fact that how things were when the person died…well, that’s just how things were. And every battle can’t end with a knock-down drag out fight, where the villain is brought to justice or someone is sacrificed.”

“I think you’re forgetting something,” she replied, “that the story is hardly over. So long as there is an LMB, the Khanate will have an enemy. You can be sure of that now. Caracalla will be gunning for us.”

“Good,” said Cobalt. “Hopefully us instead of the UP. That strategy never failed us before,” he finished, this time with a half-smile.

They sat quietly for a moment, enjoying each other’s company. At last she spoke. “Its okay to miss him Cobie. No matter how cruel he was to you in the end. I know he wasn’t always like that. Ggrrgg might not have been your home for the second half of your life, but I want you to know that Psyonia can always be a home to you, especially because you helped save it, twice now.”

“I know Crujeckie,” he said, now turning around, holding her closer, “especially because you keep saving me. I think I’ll return to Ggrrgg from time to time, to try and do something about the horrors there. But in the meantime, instead of what’s left of Ggrrgg, or even Psyonia, I’m content to be with you at our real home,” he finished, kissing her.

“Legion World, up ahead,” said Varalent out loud over the omni-com.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The Khanate of Sol Invictus

The masses prayed at the sacred chapel, though now it was partially destroyed and would be under construction for some time. Before them sat Caracalla on his bench, with all the rest of the clergy on lower benches. To their side sat the throne, with Elagabolus sitting on it, overlooking his subjects.

Caracalla walked forward and lit more candles, and then blessed Elagabolus as he passed him. “My son,” he whispered, “they will come for us now. Those Legionnaires have caused us to overplay our hand…so we will have our vengeance on them. On all of them…” he continued, as the silent Elagabolus raged in fury. “But be patient,” said the High Priest. “All will occur in due course. “They will all be at your feet and worship you, but it will be too late for them. They and their suns will all die, and a shining new era will begin,” he finished, “with you as its sun.”

Elagabolus nodded, but his fury could not be contained. Caracalla could remain patient and remain calm, and allow things to proceed as he always planned they would. But Elagabolus contained the raw fury of youth. He would have his vengeance, and it would be soon.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Deep Space, the United Planets, in Transit to Takron-Galtos

The Ggrrggian spearman known as Pillum sat in his cell, his senses keen as he worked out to his daily routine, though the ongoing feeling of melancholy remained, as he reflected on the fact that he was one of the few remaining Ggrrggians in this universe, an all he ever cared about or believed in had been wiped away. Again, he revisited the notion of honorable suicide, but felt, in the end, that such a waste of his tremendous talents would be an insult to the memory of Ggrrgg. No, he thought, he must have vengeance upon something or someone. Upon all the enemies of Ggrrgg. He was their greatest warrior and their last hope at achieving the glory of the Ggrrggians fathers of ancient times—and now Ggrrgg would never see that achievement.

Suddenly, the ship shifted considerably, as if blasted from the outside by an attacking force. He could hear the guards running and hear shouting. He approached the end of his cell to try and see, but it was no use, they were all running around the corridor. Moments later, he heard blasters, and thought pirates had attacked the ship. Truly, his luck would not change, and he would be sold into slavery by pirates, he thought.

And then he saw a figure approaching—mysterious, beautiful, a pale green-skinned woman dressed in blue and white. By her side was a man carrying an odd, long, black horn. “Pillum of Ggrrgg,” said the man, “the universe does not deserve to see you locked away just yet,” he grinned. “You and your people have been wronged, but they can no longer receive justice. You, on the other hand, can get it for yourself and for them. I am the Trumpeter, and this is my colleague, Déjà Vu. I’m offering you a chance for justice.”

Déjà Vu blasted the cell locking mechanism, and the laser entrance faded. Pillum stepped forward. “You’ll be needing these,” she said, throwing him his Ggrrggian Spears designed specifically for him.

He looked at them both with mixed emotions, his jaw grinding itself at the sudden burst of adrenaline and anger. He would have his chance to restore honor to Ggrrgg after all. “Yes, yes I will.”

The three exited, and boarded the Trumpeter’s ship, and moved on to the next phase of their plan.

END

More on the Trumpeter and his band of villains, in a new Onevision coming soon in a thread near you!!

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Epilogue

Energy, as it always does, flows across the cosmos, changing and moving in its many forms, a lynchpin for the building of the universe.

One specific set of energy moved faster than the rest, a sentience about it that showed it was more than loose energy, but a coherent set of particles with a precise purpose.

quote:
Originally spoken by the Trumpeter:
It is said that only one spear could destroy another, which indeed is why the Psionic Spear was hid and not destroyed.

Light particles began to pull at one another and a shape began to form once more, the sheer willpower of the being able to re-craft itself as a being of pure light, and return to the universe in her true form once more.

Princess Tarina lived, and at this time, she believed she had little to live for. She would be wrong.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Endnotes

Please note, that none of these are necessary to read ‘The Psionic Spear’, but may enhance your knowledge of some of the characters involved!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.