Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Dain's Gallery of Legion fan art. (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Dain's Gallery of Legion fan art.
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
That Japanese White Witch is wonderful! I hope you're doing a series with other legionnaires in that style.

And Little Lululu & Tubby is funny - I missed the three Lus the first time I read the title. Perfect!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you, Fat Cramer.
Yes, Dream Girl, Saturn Girl (NOT in a kimono), Lightning Lad, Blok and Cosmic Boy will be shown in Japanese or Chinese-style costumes and characteristics.
I'm searching costuming web sites and books I have for the right styles. Even though there will be fantasy elements in all characters, I'll try to make their Japanese versions as "authentic"-looking as possible.

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I especially liked the Nura-Atmos-Thom drawing on the first page. And the Lululu/Hubby one. Genius!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Glad you liked them, Invisible Brainiac. I'll make another "funny Legion" piece some time soon.
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dain:
This is Astraea, also a tribute of sorts to another comic series I like, Elfquest. I was planning to make a series of Legion characters drawn Elfquest-like but I only made "Astraea" whose real name, of course, is Tasmia Mallor! [Razz]

-

I like!

thanks for sharing!

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

You're welcome, Kent! [Smile] I have a few more unfinished portraits of Legionnaires "Elfquest-style" that I hope to complete when I get the time.
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, Dain, we're now waiting for more of the Asian style pieces, Elfquest pieces and "funny Legion" pieces! Get moving!

(just kidding! kinda...)

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Heheheh. I'll post something real soon. [Smile] I posted a photomanip for Halloween a couple of weeks ago in the Halloween gallery. Mysa (who else?) and Endora. I'm working on the 5th and 6th page of the Japanese Legion story and a Groo/Legion "funny". [Razz]

[ November 13, 2007, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Dain ]

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Looking forward to it!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.