Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Onevision: The Horn of Undoing (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Onevision: The Horn of Undoing
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The Orbit around Weber’s World

Admiral Cornwallis stood quietly, looking ahead at deep space, his eyes narrowing and his determination palpable. Usually, he was much more talkative and gruff, and his silence unnerved the lieutenants around him. “Its out there…out there right along this path,” he said grinning. “The Khanate of Sol Invictus. We will annihilate them from space. It will be glorious! Imagine—the galactic war to end all galactic wars,” he finished.

What his soldiers did not know was that Admiral Cornwallis—the real Admiral Cornwallis—was dead. The Trumpeter’s super-science had allowed him to do a brain-switch moments before the Trumpeter himself was dying. In effect, the Trumpeter had lost his body. That was alright, his real body was long lost many years earlier, and none ever knew who he really was. None eve knew what gender he truly was. This new body, though old, was the perfect vessel for the implied authority it gave him. His recently acquired allies all admired his intelligence and leadership and assumed he had some great master-plan. He laughed at their naiveté. Master-Plan? What need was there for that? He was outnumbered one against an army of super-powered heroes, as well as an entire conglomerate of planets. He had already succeeded in his plan. Inspire true terror among the populace and slow life to a grinding halt as they focused on the terror he brought to them. Rip apart their economies! Let them believe that the universe itself could actually unravel through a weapon they could hardly understand!! Accelerate an entire intergalactic war that will have casualties hit numbers previously undreamt of!!!

“Sir?” said a soldier coming up to him. “The Prime Minister is on the line again. She insists upon speaking with you. She said it’s urgent.”

“Son,” said the Trumpeter, a truly horrifying tone of voice taking over, “the Prime Minister can go to hell.” He was reveling in the role he’d cast himself now. He felt the Horn at his side. What would happen if he ripped this soldier apart right now, atom by atom? The anticipation was almost too seductive and he was ready to forget the entire plan there and then, and commit this one tempting act of murder. It would feel so delicious!

*POP* suddenly, an odd noise caught their attention, and the Trumpeter and the soldiers turned to see the figure of Lard Lad suddenly port into the room. He had a large grin on his face, and flanking him on either side were Rockhopper Lad and Caliente. “You’re a tricky devil,” smiled Lardy, “and I’m glad I could be here for the ass-kicking we’re about to give you!”

The soldiers immediately ran up, grabbing their weapons and surrounding the Admiral. “Stand down Legionnaires!” yelled a lieutenant.

Rockhopper Lad stepped forward, and they raised their blasters higher. “No,” he said simply. “You will have to stand down, by the order of the Prime Minister of the United Planets, the Commander-in-Chief of its military. I’m afraid you’ve all been led astray. There is no way that Admiral Cornwallis would ever agree to such a war-mongering maneuver.”

“Oh?” said the Admiral. “Then what are you saying?” His smile was all-encompassing. He seemed to be enjoying every moment, as if getting caught by the LMB was better than actually going to war.

“We’re saying, you sly bastard,” said Lard Lad, “that you’re the effin’ Trumpeter!”. As he said that line, Caliente moved among the men, and attempted to send a blast of fire towards the Trumpeter, but it was to no avail. A light blue shield previously unseen flashed as the fire hit him. The Trumpeter smiled and pulled out the Horn of Undoing. And in one large blast, he let loose its fury. The endgame had begun.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

“Lardy seems to be having fun being back in it,” said Kent to Cobalt and Lash, as the other LMBers watched on from above, in space. “I guess that’s our cue,” he added.

“Good luck,” said Cobalt, as Kent Shakespeare, Actor Lad and Eryk Davis Ester flew down below to battle the Trumpeter.

“*choke*!” said Lash Lad mockingly, “you too Eryk!” He laughed. “So the second guard is in to keep him distracted. As *if* we couldn’t figure it out. Brain-switching villains was my minor at LMB Academy.”

“But you were a teacher Lash, not a student,” smiled Cobalt.

“One can never stop learning young Cobert,” said Lash in response. “Are you ready Tarina?”

“Yes. It shouldn’t be too difficult to get the Horn. I have the power of light at my back and call.”

“Don’t under-estimate the Trumpeter,” said Cobalt. “He probably suspects something is up. We need to wait until those shields are down, and then you need to move fast.”

“And you two?” said Tarina.

“We have two minor problems to squash,” said Cobalt.

Down Below…
The soldiers and Legionnaires were knocked backwards as the Horn’s anti-matter blast ripped the ship’s hull completely in half. Immediately Rockhopper Lad used his new-found ice-breath to create a ice-wall ceiling one-half of the ship up, while Kent, Eryk and Actor, all just arriving, pushed the soldiers into the other half of the ship, keeping them safe.

Caliente blasted fire again, as Lard Lad used the Lard-force to create a concentrated blast at the Trumpeter. Immediately, the other four LMBers joined them, swirling around the Trumpeter, using an LMB maneuver designed to throw the enemy off-guard as the LMB disoriented him. The Trumpeter, however, had the Horn, which changed the rules of the game.

“Keep moving LMB,” said Rockhopper Lad, giving orders as the Deputy Leader, “prepare to surprise him…” he said.

“Hey Eryk,” said Lardy in the middle of battle, “do you see much of Jailbait Lass, that cute little piece of steam always with Des? Man, she has the HOTS for him! Is he, you know, you know on the side?”

“Jeepers Lardy!” said Eryk, “I’m trying to concentrate! But no, er, I don’t know, and I’m surprised you haven’t told me how good the sex is with your new wife!”

“Hell, its GREAT!” he said, as Actor Lad shook his head in disapproval.

“The old guard…” he said under his breath, causing Rockhopper Lad to smile.

“What about you, have you given Antiquated Forms of Communication Lass that call yet…” he added, almost getting blasted by the Trumpeter, as debris swirled around them.

“Concentrate on the problem at hand, Lardy!” said Actor, saving him in the knick of time.

“Easy for you to say, you’re lady is right here,” he said, adding, “and looking goooood too…” he smiled, porting towards the Trumpeter, and landing a hard punch at him, though the shield was still held up.

“Boys, boys, boys,” said Caliente, “it just never ends,” she said.

Now the battle was joined by two others, as Cannibal and Pillum, long-hidden in the sealed half of the former ship, broke free. “Perhaps we’ll even the odds?” said Cannibal, preparing to launch an attack at Rockhopper Lad.

“Perhaps not,” said Lash Lad, flying down and landing a hard whip across Cannibals back with his signature whip. “No one gives Bismol a bad name on my watch!” he yelled jokingly, knowing Cannibal was a crazed Bismollian gone rogue.

“And you Pillum,” said Cobalt Kid, flying at top speed into the fellow Ggrrggian that fancied himself a nemesis for Cobalt. “You and I have unfinished business,” he finished, punching him in the face with raw fury. Though he said little, the entire rage of Ggrrgg’s destruction was in every punch.

“Enough!” said the Trumpeter with a yell, as Caliente, Lard Lad and Kent were all leaping on him. He put his lips to the Horn, and at once blew it as hard as he could, using the tune to rip apart the area around him, creating spatial disturbances that knocked all backwards despite being in space. He looked up, and pure malice was in his eyes.

“No…” said Kent, “…not enough.” In Kent’s hand was the device on the Trumpeter’s belt that was maintaining the shield.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The next series of events were immediate: The Trumpeter looked towards his shield, saw its removal and instantly prepared to blast Kent into molecules. Kent smiled, and then put his entire faith in the LMB’s plan. Even Cobalt and Pillum, and Lash Lad and Cannibal looked on.

Tarina, the Light-bringer, former Princess of Kerissia, was there instantly. She had thought she had little to live for any longer. Cobalt Kid believed the opposite to be true, that she did indeed have great things before her. And here and now would be the first. At the speed of light, faster than the eyes could see, she blasted through them towards the Trumpeter, blasting him with a pulse-ray, and then she was upon him in a flash. And quickly, just as she had done with the Psionic Spear, she ripped the Horn of Undoing from the Trumpeter’s hands, and held it up high.

quote:
Originally spoken by the Trumpeter:
It is said that only one spear could destroy another, which indeed is why the Psionic Spear was hid and not destroyed.

And with all her might, the Horn of Undoing was destroyed.

The Trumpeter rose, and a laser-knife came out of his sleeve, the always-prepared villain wanting at least one kill. Tarina turned, quickly realizing she was exposed, ready to take the laser-knife in her side.

“No!” said Kent, pulling her away and taking the knife himself across his shoulder, its cut digging deep but being anything but fatal. They fell backwards in space, as Actor Lad was on the Trumpeter instantly, knocking him backwards with a punch. “I figured I’d owed you,” said Kent with a smile. Tarina looked up, and realizing it was completely out of character for her, she smiled back at him.

Actor Lad fought the Trumpeter hand to hand now, but they understood how tricky he was. “Jeepers!” said Eryk. “Luck Lord—the Trumpeter has tons of devices on him that he could use on us…if only we could get rid of them!”

“Done,” it replied, not being coy as it usually was, and quickly the Trumpeter’s utility belt of weapons dissolved.

Caliente was by her man’s side instantly, helping him battle the Trumpeter toe to toe.

Twenty yards away, Cannibal felt the full force of one of the Legion’s toughest members, as Lash Lad reminded yet another super-villain that he was the original hand to hand combatant in the LMB, and there were little in this universe or the next that could beat him in battle when he put his mind to it.

Cobalt used his magnetism on Pillum once more and ripped all of his spears off his back, scatting them to the void of space. “More cheating,” said Pillum angry.

“No Pillum,” said Cobalt, “I just want to beat you in a way that I know you’ll never forget,” said Cobalt, flying at him and launching once more in a pugilistic rage.

Tarina helped up Kent, as Eryk joined them. Actor Lad and Caliente continued to battle the Trumpeter, as Rockhopper Lad leapt in and knocked the Trumpeter backwards. Suddenly, Lard Lad ported behind the evil genius. “You outsmarted yourself, Trumpeter,” he said calmly. “And now you’re an old man. You’re body can’t handle this, even if you’re mind can. You’re beaten. Surrender.”

The Trumpeter turned to see Pillum and Cannibal beaten and defeated, not through science of powerful abilities, but through old fashioned fists and willpower. He was bruised and beaten, and weapon-less. At once he began to laugh, and laugh loudly. He continued to laugh, and laugh harder. Rockhopper Lad looked at Actor and Caliente, who shrugged. “You think I’m crazy, and I am assuredly so. But you’ve beaten me of course, because you had to. But I ask you this: the United Planets is on the verge of war with the Khanate of Sol Invictus. Even now, the Dark Oval’s plans percolate and grow, and the true enemies within it plan to launch an attack on you that you cannot even comprehend. Your without allies in other universes anymore, and even Legion World is no longer safe give recent months.”

“Yeah, and we beat you,” said Caliente, annoyed.

“Precisely. And now I hope, you beat the rest of them.”

“What?” said Lardy to Cobalt, who was flying over to his side.

“He’s loony…” muttered Cobalt.

“I couldn’t sit there in my universe, while the United Planets of Earth-1 is utterly defeated by growing enemies on all sides. You needed to be sprung into action. You needed some victories at home. Let the military handle the war with the Khanate of Sol Invictus—you’ll be needed here, in the United Planets. When your real enemies come calling.

“OK Trumpeter,” said Rockhopper Lad, “that’s enough. We’re cuffing you and taking you in. And you can tell us all about it on Weber’s World.”

The Trumpeter laughed. “And now I’ve raised the bar for your horrifying neighbors in the Khanate and the Dark Oval…” he added, as Rockhopper Lad led him to the LMB’s ship, which was just out of sight.

“Well?” said Lardy to Cobalt and Lash, as the Founders walked over to Rockhopper Lad.

“Its over at least,” said Cobalt. “The UP is safe…for the time being,” he said, wondering at the Trumpeter’s words.

END CHAPTER FIVE

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Chapter Six: Internal Relief; External Anxiety

Weber’s World

“Once again Legionnaires,” said Ambassador Relnic with a smile, “you’ve done good. Very good.” Actor Lad, Caliente, Rockhopper Lad and Lash Lad were around him. “You’ve reminded me why I continue to go to bat for you,” he said.

“Thank you, Ambassador,” said Actor Lad.

“Are you sure its not just so you can meet all the young chicks?” said Lash Lad suddenly. He was referring to Princess Cxstina, who he once coined Princess No-Protection. Earlier, Actor Lad had told the group of his suspicions about Relnic and the Princess, which caused some to be curious and others to laugh, particularly Lash and Cobalt, who were two that knew her years earlier. Actor Lad looked at Lash and rolled his eyes, and Caliente sighed, while even Rockhopper Lad wasn’t sure if the Ambassador would be taken aback. But Lash Lad had known the Ambassador for at least eight years at this point and could say without a doubt that the two were friends.

“I can assure you, that is not the case,” he said with an eyebrow raised, though it was obvious he was amused. Despite being somewhat older, Relnic was a handsome man and his compassion for the UP made him attractive as both a romantic interest and a friend. “I see you are referring to the young Princess who had the pleasure of knowing the LMB when it was in its infancy. I’ve been trying to meet with her these last few weeks, but have not been able to pin her down.”

“Pin her down?” said Lash again with a smile, and now the other three LMBers laughed.

“Yes, I’ve had some suspicions about her role here. Never before has her planet shown such an interest in United Planets affairs, and they are not really that close to the borders of the Khanate of Sol Invictus or the Dark Oval. I was simply trying to find out what her agenda was.”

“And?” asked Actor Lad, his curiosity piqued.

“And I had no luck. It seems she was never here at all.” The Legionnaires lokoed at him oddly. “During the Trumpeter’s attacks, some of the Science Police Officers witnessed her fade away. Apparently, she as a hologram here on Weber’s World, via some tech that the other Ambassadors from her planet Agualeria had with them.”

“Ah,” said Actor Lad, “That explains her sudden odd disappearance earlier…”

“Well, here’s the moment we’ve been waiting for…” said Rockhopper Lad, changing the subject, as the Prime Minister of the UP, Maya adi Lva came walking to them. She looked to be in a hurry, no doubt balancing twenty-plus situations and things as her role as Prime Minister demanded. She did not have her usual entourage. There was something about her…she was very cunning and no doubt intelligent, but her hard-working nature and confidence made her very likable.

“Legionnaires,” she said as she approached. They waited for her to reach them. “I owe you my gratitude,” she began, “the entire United Planets owes you its gratitude.” She pushed her raven colored hair out of her face to look them all in the eyes. “With so much going on with the war front at the Khanate, the Trumpeter was creating a great deal of chaos within the United Planets. Ending his threat was incredibly important, and I thank you for that.”

“You’re welcome Ambassador,” said Rockhopper Lad, addressing her as the role of Deputy Leader demanded. “It’s our duty,” he added.

She smiled at him, knowing exactly what he was implying. “Yes, I know. And there are many of us here, myself included up until recently, you would have thought your duties could be extended beyond that, to other territories and other fronts.”

“You mean the war,” said Actor Lad, who made no effort to hide the fact that he was against the use of the LMB in intergalactic conflicts.

“Yes,” she nodded.

“But you said up until recently…” said Caliente.

“Yes,” she replied, “and that is what I have come to tell you. I will no longer be pushing for your involvement. You’ve proven, as you always do, that having you here in the UP, defending its population and maintaining order is essential. Your original charter remains as effective and as defined as ever, there is no reason to change it. Most of the Ambassadors and Senators feel this way already, and only now do I begin to see that. While any assistance any one would like to volunteer would be welcome, there will be no push to include the LMB in the UP/Khanate conflict.” Her words seemed to bring a sigh of relief in all four LMBers and Ambassador Relnic, though none showed it. “We’ll need you more than ever though, Legionnaires,” she added. “Because a great deal of military personnel and even Science Police will be focused on this conflict. The United Planets will be more vulnerable than ever.”

“We’ll be up to the task,” said Rockhopper Lad.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Weber’s World

“Well, if anything, you’ve proven that you’re needed more than ever,” said Cobalt Kid to Princess Tarina, as they overlooked the stars beyond Weber’s World. They both stood tall, almost regally, neither one dirty any longer, but clean, freshly clothed and with a quiet determination in their eyes.

“I fail to see you can infer that,” she said sternly, though there was a hint of delight in her words, “when all I did was grab the horn and destroy it, and then almost get killed I barely did anything.”

Now Cobalt smiled. “You’re missing the point Tarina,” he said, purposely condescending to annoy her, “this was a small step on a much larger path. Despite its enormity and the massive scale of amazing things in the universe, you and I are both still very unique. You have enormous power that can do so much good. There isn’t one among us,” he said, nodding his head a few distances away to where Kent Shakespeare, Eryk Davis Ester, Lard Lad and Jailbait Lass stood, “that has not felt enormous tragedy. But you can continue on in its wake,” he said, putting his hand on her shoulder.

She was quiet for a minute. “I know,” she said. “And I will.” He nodded, and turned towards his friends. As he walked away, Kent Shakespeare began to walk forward.

“Thanks for the save back there,” he said with a half-smile.

“Likewise,” she replied. There was something about this one that she liked.

“Where are you off to now?” he asked, suddenly feeling that same attraction.

“The stars for a time, and to see how the planets near the upcoming war are dealing with what is to come. I am sure our paths will cross again.”

“Then before we are forced to wait until then,” said Kent with a full smile now, “what are your plans for tonight?”

Some distance away, Cobalt rejoined Lardy, Eryk and Jailbait Lass. They were all kidding around with one another, but Lard Lad couldn’t help but frown at Cobalt. “I mean really guys, I give you this favor to use, and you use it on this?” he said, though he couldn’t hide the fact that he was ribbing them. “You didn’t need me at all! But honestly, it felt kind of good…”

“Well Lardy,” said Eryk, “never let it be said that we do anything without our intentions being layered.”

Lard Lad raised an eyebrow and saw Eryk grinning. Jailbait Lass had her own smile, and even giggled a little, as Cobalt put his arm around her. Now Cobalt spoke. “I gave up on debating politics and specifics long ago Lardy. The Khanate of Sol Invictus. It’s a problem. And we need to solve it. You remember Elagabolus, when he was a boy?”

Lardy knew Cobalt knew he remembered him. It was something they spoke of often. “Of course,” said Lard Lad, wondering where this was going.

“Well, the real favor is going to be asked shortly. But I still feel that his existence, as it is now, is partially my fault.” Cobalt put his arms back by his side and a seriousness came on his face. “And its time we do something about it—for good.”

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The Science Asteroid

“Well,” said Lighting Lad, his voice dripping with sarcasm, “as much as I hate to leave this wonderfully interesting place, I think its time we moved on.”

Spellbinder laughed. The two of them had finished tying up the loose ends some time ago. “I agree whole-heartedly,” she said. “And lets hope for the Legion World public’s sake that Saturn Girl and Cobalt Kid are waiting for us when we get home,” she smiled, and they both laughed.

Not far off, Dedman and Arachne were talking with Dr. One, who was constantly waved to and interrupted with a ‘good evening doctor!’, while they talked. He calmly replied to each of them, not having the heart to tell the socially inept, but well-meaning scientists they were being rude.

“So in the end, he wasn’t all that bad?” said Arachne, now referring to Salad-Tosser Lord.

“No,” said Dr. One, “and I dare say, this might be a turning point for him. At least, I hope it is,” he said, meaning every word. Salad-Tosser Lord had done what was right to save lives in the end, and though he had been brutally assaulted thereafter, he had managed to live through it, albeit with some serious scars and burns. “Maybe his long career as a super-villain is finally over.”

“He was always eccentric, said Dedman, who, being a LMBer to join in their second year, was actually the longest serving member of this group. “But he was never a killer. You know, he was actually our first villain? He basically was responsible for the original members joining up together. It gets a little murky on how the story goes…”

“Well, either way,” said Dr. One, “maybe this was his turning point.”

The final two Legionnaires in attendance, Outdoor Miner and Tamper Lad were sitting in the cruiser, already to go. Tamper Lad’s impatience was obvious, and Outdoor Miner couldn’t help but rib him slightly. “Well, if we’re staying,” he said mockingly, “we should probably turn these engines off…”

“I’d rather they burn out in mid-space than consider having to stay one moment longer. This is the free-loving hippy conclave of science. Its disgraceful.”

Outdoor Miner chuckled. “Tell me more about the Universe-1 Trumpeter. I think I remembered who she was.”

“Ah yes,” said Tamper Lad. “Maya adi Lva. I’ll run the database to see.”

“There’s no need,” said Miner, “and you should really get out more. That’s our Prime Minister of the UP. Sounds like we’re in for loads of fun, if the current UP leader is our universe’s version of the Trumepter.”

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Weber’s World

Four days later…

In chains, the aging body of Admiral Cornwallis now housed the brilliant mind of the Trumpeter. Science Police guards surrounded him on all sides, and not far off, Rockhopper Lad watched on. At once, Kid Marvel and Faraway Lad entered the room, both having joined the deputy leader as soon as possible.

“So,” said Faraway Lad, “this is him now? I remember him well…can’t say I’m too sorry to have him leaving us.”

They looked on to see the Trumpeter looking at them with cold, emotionless eyes. He mouth turned into a slight grin.

A few moments later, Faraway Lad and the Science Police began the process, and after some time, a portal opened up between Universe-1 and Universe-4. Previously, Earth-4 had apparently been destroyed in some great cataclysm and battle, leaving a wake of devastation in that universe as well as Universe-1, as the LMB mourned the deaths of almost the entire membership of their great friends, the SMB.* Now, two of the few surviving members, who were not present at that time, came to Weber’s World, arriving from Weber’s World-4 via Faraway Lad. Only the Faraway Lad’s could control the cross between Earths/Universes, and the Faraway Lad of Earth-4 was seemingly deceased.

At once, Lash Lad and his wife, Stretchable Lass arrived from their home of Unvierse-4. They appeared to be very somber.
“This is him now,” said Lash Lad shaking his head. “With all the horrible things that have happened, he couldn’t contain himself,” he added. “He had to prove how great he was.”

“His ego was always his greatest downfall,” said Stretchable Lass, aka Linda Lake. “A shame.”

“We’re sorry to just hand him off to you,” said Kid Marvel, “but there’s really no protocol for this. We weren’t sure if we should keep him, or if he should return with you.”

“Its probably good he returns with us. It seems like the most practical approach,” said the Lash Lad of Universe-4.

Just then the Trumpeter began screaming loudly, laughing at himself, knowing full well what a scene he was making. “You’ll thank me by the time its all over!” he said loudly. “I won’t have them defeat both teams and take all the glory and credit! Your true enemies are coming, and you’ll all be needed here! You’ll see! You’re in the United Planets, where you belong! Oh, it will be glorious…” he said.

“A raving madman,” said Rockhopper Lad, as Faraway Lad nodded.

“And so brilliant too,” said Stretchable Lass. “A true shame.”

Yet, Kid Marvel, feeling the Wisdom of Solomon, could not help but wonder at the Trumpeter’s words.

END CHAPTER SIX

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Epilogue I

In a holding cell on Weber’s World, the assassin known as Déjà Vu sat with her back against the wall, staring the ceiling, waiting for what was about to happen to finally happen. With the Horn destroyed the universe restored back to normal, her powers functioned normally again.

Finally, two Science Police Officers entered. Then, a third person, a woman, and Déjà Vu knew because of her powers who it was: Prime Minister Maya adi Lva. She looked at the assassin, and the two stayed in locked eye contact for a minute, as the Science Police Officers looked at themselves wondering what was happening.

“You know why I’m here?” said the Prime Minister finally.

“Yes,” said Déjà Vu. “You think I can help in the upcoming war. With my powers.”

“And?”

“And I think…” said Déjà Vu getting to her feet. “…I think I will. But only for a price.”

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Epilogue II

Somewhere, moving through time and space, the time-ship of the Arch Duke of Time remained undetected and unseen by the forces that patrolled the multiverse and the time-stream. The 89th Century technology made little noise, other than the occasional hum or ‘tick’. Sitting at the monitor screens, wondering what to do next, the Arch Duke of Time and Virus watched as the computers analyzed how far it would be to go to a variety of places: Khundia, Illithyia, the Dark Oval. The Khanate of Sol Invictus.

The Arch Duke took out his monocle and turned towards Virus, whose hair was growing long enough now to cover the burns on her face. “Shall we consult our third ally, or simply choose?” he said with a smile, and Virus laughed.

In the back rooms, Middlefinger VIII looked into the mirror, wondering what she was to do now. The Trumpeter and Salad-Tosser Lord had virtually created her, equipping her with the armor and the weaponry, changing her DNA and metabolism with very enhancements and abilities that had undoubtedly changed her. But they were long lost to their causes, while she stayed on. There was one last ally though, that she could return to: Caracalla, the High Priest of the Khanate of Sol Invictus.

She was so much younger than anyone suspected but she was so much more beyond what she had been. Her brain was able to use its entire abilities now, and she could feel her adrenaline speeding up, causes her new abilities to heal her wounds and increase the super-density of her skin, so that next time, she would feel even less pain. She originally joined the duo of villains when they approached her, because she couldn’t help but feel a significant anger towards the Legion of Message Board Posters, and by extension, the United Planets. They wanted her to be a mole at Weber’s World—she wanted something much more.

And so Princess Cxstina of Agualeria becamse Middlfinger VIII. From one ridiculous moniker of ‘Princess No-Protection’ to another, in the ‘Middlefinger’ line. But a name could be a distraction. For she had sworn to Caracalla that she would bring vengeance upon the Legion, and she knew he would demand she fulfill her promise.

END

Though, I’m sure you can tell true believers, that its never truly the end, with such uncertainty facing our noble heroes!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.