Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » BALD TALK (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: BALD TALK
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor One:
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Ooooh! And Dean- you've *got* to have that hair-do machine that Shady used for instant perm and hair growth in a Lightle issue make an appearance!

I know you're getting at featuring the faces-- but designing hair-dos for the newly luxuriously tressed sounds like a fun challenge right up your alley!

Particularly fun with regards to Blok [LOL]
Might need a lipadary rock tumbler, or for someone Blok's size maybe a commercial cloths dryer.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Re: anything else: There was a version of R.J. Brande drawn in which he was bald (and slim). I think it was in one of the early Universo stories but will have to check later. Since this was a once-only, maybe he could make a guest appearance.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, I'm so pleased by all the fun ideas and comments!

Starting with the "OTHER" category:
1. I've noticed this Phillipe mentioned here or there, but I have NO idea who he is. Teeds, Lash... Who is Phillipe?
2. If people want Sharn Nux or any other characters included, I'd be happy to remove the "male only" tag. Let it be known!
3. LOVE the hair machine idea! Already brewing a ton of ideas!
4. I only vaguely recall a slim, bald Brande. I'll need to see that. What issue # was it?
5. BB, young Cos... if his hair was all slicked back, his bubble helmet was on and there was a glare right where you'd normally see hair, I'd say he'd qualify then.

**GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT****

I try to be very flexible, and I love to work with requests as much as I can. I know sometimes I do what I want to do anyway, but I have the most fun when I get to draw things that are new to me or that I've never tried before. ALWAYS ASK!!!

"LOCATION"
Love the ideas so far; Easter Island, timestream, End of Time!!! Great potential there!

"HOST"
Worldsmith
Ferro's Surgeon
Tarik the Mute's Android
Lex Luthor
Barber Boy
The Hag

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

"CONTESTANTS"
2 or more noms:
Blok
Hate-Face
Sugyn
Celebrand
Anti-Lad

After that:
Validus
Mano
Grinn
Proty
Cham
Antennae Boy
Prime Counciller of Vash
Persuader
Universo
BION
Evolvo
Diplomat from Saturn (his name escapes me, too. I know he's been a judge in one of the previous Pinup Model contests....)

[ May 27, 2007, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

So, after my "wrap ups," any new nominations, seconds, ideas, etc?

There's plenty of time. I'm still working on Deb stuff!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Like Shirley the Space-Maid and Hi-Risk Von Tingle, Phillipe has not appeared (or been mentioned even) in a LSH comic yet manages to get a modest amount of electronic space-ink here at LW.

For more about the P-sentient, see here and here.

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't love the hair machine. "Bald is beautiful...but let's pretend you're not" ? Would the G&Ps dye their hair dark??

The PC o'Vash is my lad here. I'm prepared to throw a hissy fit and everything.

Side note: Sketchy!! Have you cleaned out your full PM box yet?

[ May 27, 2007, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: Thriftshop Debutante ]

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Super-Cosmos-ologist!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
I [b]don't[/i] love the hair machine. "Bald is beautiful...but let's pretend you're not" ? Would the G&Ps dye their hair dark??

The PC o'Vash is my lad here. I'm prepared to throw a hissy fit and everything.

Side note: Sketchy!! Have you cleaned out your full PM box yet?

a. Dreamy showed up at the Ravens' competition with raven hair. Still, your point is noted.

b. PC o'Vash = Debutante Hissy Fit Inhibitor. Noted.

c. Didn't know the PM box was full. Is there an alert?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Also, you're point about G&P's with dark hair reminds me that I wanted to do a "Make-Over" Pinup Model Edition. It'd be fun to show say... Imra with black hair, Ayla with blue... etc... that kind of thing.

Okay, back to the balds!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Xamuel Ivar is the Titanese diplomat in a relationship with Braalian diplomat Arn Kwin. See Legionnaires 38.

Imra's teacher (and Pinup Model judge -- sort of) Dr. Aven also appears in that issue.

[ May 27, 2007, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Thriftshop Debutante ]

Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd like to second the nominations of Bion, Cham, Persuader and Xamuel Ivar
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I've selected the "cast" for this competition and have done some sketching.

I think all of the nominations for host have excellent and different types of potential. So, I need help deciding. Who should it be?

Worlsmith
Ferro's Surgeon
Tarik the Mute's Android
Lex Luthor
Barber Boy
The Hag

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
TtMA
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
I vote for Lex Luthor
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.