Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: April Legions of Legions. (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: April Legions of Legions.
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm, maybe this is where I should've posted this.

A list of ideas I came up with for like, alternate reality Legionnaire pin-ups, like they had in Legion of Super-Heroes #100, and I'd like some feedback and suggestions, please.

*Princess Phoenix: Projectra as the Phoenix Force's host. This would be her Threeboot incarnation, given the new spin that Jim Shooter gave on her powers, giving her the ability to tap into the backbrain, or id, of individuals, and gaining new strength and senses from the leftover ids of all those who died on Orando. Imagine it, a spoiled, vengeance-minded princess, now the avatar for the personification of psychic energy. Why stop at destroying the United Planets and the Legion, when she can destroy the universe. And why should she stop at that as well?

*Thom the Barbarian: Star Boy as barbarian hero with Dream Girl as concubine. A dungeons & dragons spin on Thom's Pre-Crisis, older counterpart, wearing a loincloth matching his star field outfit, and a sword that can cut through gravity, while also reeling from the memories of the first person he killed in self defense.

*Ally the Werewolf Hunter: Lightning Lass as Buffy-style werewolf hunter with TW as her 'Angel'. Ally watched her older sibling and twin brother murdered by a pack of werewolves when she was little, and ever since she's been a delinquent. Years later she learns that she is the "Anointed", to wipe out werewolves. Shrinking Violet's her Willow, and Brainy's her Giles.

*Phantom Girl and her emerald dragon, Jo: Tinya in a white-Shadowcat outfit with Jo as Lockheed, a little dragon with a hoop earring. Inspired from a picture of an alternate Shadowcat who wore a blue version of Tinya's uniform.

*Teen Legion: If the Legion started in the 21st Century and the Teen Titans in the 31st.

*Morningstar: Dawnstar in colonial America. From the same colonial-era universe I had imagined with versions of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman, Dawny would be an aid, partner, or sidekick towards this world's Wonder Woman. She gained her wings and powers when she was blessed by the native Gods her tribe worshiped, before the white man tried to wipe them out for being "sinners".

*Live Wires: Legion as punk grunge rock band.

*Lydda, Mistress of the Dark: Lydda in an Elvira role, the host of a horror comic. Delivering jokes and narrating stories alongside Konk, the floating head living inside her crystal ball. I mean, Lydda's already got the hair for it.

*Mirror, Mirror Monstress: Monstress is "normal" and everyone else looks like the Hulk. This can also be used for a Legionnaire power-switch issue, with Monstress gaining someone else's power and they getting the Hulk treatment in return.

*The Invisible Kid: Lyle as one of those direct-to-video kid's movies from the 1990s as a boy who turns invisible. You know, he tries to make it for the science fair, tests it on himself, then decides to mess around, not realizing he can't change back yet. Of course it involves the girl, or boy, he's got a crush on, helping his parents fix their marriage, screwing around with the local bully, and messing up some thugs, yadda yadda yadda...

*Lover's Lane: Jo and Tinya as the lovers in the infamous "Hook" urban legend. This doesn't have to necessarily be an alternate reality, just a dream, or nightmare, or it really could happen.

*Sumo Timber Wolf: Kinda self-explanatory, though 3Boot style Brin would work best. Same wild hair, clawed hands, toeless boots, and somewhat psychotic disposition. Only, y'know, fat, now with a bulky physique to go with his strength and to add an unexpected bonus to his agility, turning him into a three-hundred pound, rampaging berserker with the acrobatic skills of Batman. Also kind of my way of evening things out after what I did to Jo in the try-out fics.

*Nightmare on Naltor Avenue: Dream Girl against Freddy Krueger. Something of a crossover, actually, with Kruegr attempting to infiltrate Nura's mind, making it the first time he's ever invaded someone's mind with the power to see the future. What kind of effect could it have on tomorrow?

*Lightning Siblings: Garth as 1940s style Indiana Jones explorer and Ayla as "good girl" secret agent, inspired from a JLA story written by Grant Morrison, the two go up against their albino older brother, an agent for the Axis, and his girlfriend, an esper who gained psychic abilities from alien tissue implants.

*Emerald Dragon: Ultra Boy as a 1930s pulp comics hero, who frequently fights a femme fatale named the Spider. He dates socialite Tina Wallace, not knowing she's also a hero, the Apparition.

*The Alchemist: Inspired from the Elseworlds JSA: The Liberty Files, where in the 1940s the heroes work for the government under names such as "The Bat", "The Clock", "The Tornado", "The Star". This one is Jan.

*The Gardner: Chlorophyll Kid under Liberty Files heading, I wanted the name to still sound dumb since he's a Sub.
*The Shadow: Yes. Shadow Lass.

*The Esper (Esper Lass. I wanted to throw a villain in there)

*School Spirit (Featuring Rainbow Girl as a student in a secluded, haunted boarding school)

*Ferro Lass (female Ferro Lad from the gender-reversed earth)

*The White Witch: She's indeed white, from a Nazi-variation of the Legion called the Axis of Super-Heroes, from the world of Earth-10. Inspired by today's recent issue of Justice Society of America.

*Diamond Dutchess: A good version of the Emerald Empress, from Earth-3. She's a member of the Fearless Five.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

By avearia of DeviantArt.

This was a prize I won for a caption contest. I asked her to draw the cartoon Legion founders meeting their comic selves and I pretty much imagined what their reactions would be. She added in the bit about Imra's hair.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Lightning Lad by Joe Prado (My pride and joy)
 -

Lightning Lad by Alvin Lee
 -

Lightning Lad by Mike Lilly
 -

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
WOWSA!! Those are great!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Thanx, I'm proud of them too.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.