Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts V3: 2/2010 Kissandra & The Super Companions (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts V3: 2/2010 Kissandra & The Super Companions
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
*Bump*

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
[Confused]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry, the link I had didn't work. I basically typed that origin story of Kissandra for a set of Legion Valentine's stories, but for some reason the thing isn't working on ff.net.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Here, try this.

http://judedeluca.deviantart.com/art/LoSH-Valentine-s-Track-List-0-152744580

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Loved Ebony.
[Smile]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

You should read her when she's older. You know what?

http://judedeluca.deviantart.com/journal/29310721/

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Here's another classical entry -

-
by John Atkinson Grimshaw.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
So pleased to see so many great submissions! I will get something done for this exhibit soon.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Good stuff everyone!

Sketchy - great way to start of the gallery, awesome group shot
Candle - your reimaginings are as striking as ever, excellent choice in images.
Lash - As always your drawings are full of charming appeal (you are doing those in Paint right?)
SK - nice short stories both here and on the deviantart pages.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
And now-- a brief excerpt from MATTER-EATER LAD: THE SERIES issue # 6: "SISSY HISSY", script for pages 7 through 11.

"Proudly" written by Eryk Davis Ester and MLLASH, a MLL'Ester joint!"

PAGE 7

Panel 1

Lester: Thrann? Never heard of it. Must be some backwater slum. Why have you abducted me? And... more importantly-- Why's your head so big and bald?

Panel 2

Othar: *ahem.* All on Thrann are possessed of oversize bare craniums!

Lester: Well, no wonder you left it. And I suppose you captured me to seek out some hair-care tips after you have a hair transplant?

Panel 3

Othar: Errr... no. Actually, I have been studying you via the KEM FAMILY & FRIENDS holo-show.

Panel 4

Lester: Oh, I get it-- a fan! Well, I hate to tell ya, I won't be on THAT show anymore!

Panel 5

Othar: It pleases me to hear that. Come, Lester Spiffany... I want you to meet my companions!

Lester: Great. Are they all bald too?

PAGE 8

Panel 1

Othar: No! Well, one of them happens to have an over-sized bare cranium as well, but he's not from Thrann...

Lester: Oh, brother...

Panel 2

caption: Soon...

Othar: My friend, let me introduce you to my Super-Companions...

Panel 3

Othar: Splash, from the planet Cruxl, a scientist whose great genius allowed him to invent a serum which changes him into a puddle of water!

Panel 4

Othar: This is Shower, Splash's young partner, whose scientist father gave him the ability to make it rain!

Panel 5

Othar: And here is Bobb Barker, better known as Treehugger, whose mutant ability to grow extra limbs and extend them to giant proportions means few evildoers can escape his embrace!

Panel 6

Othar: And here is poor Shadow! The particles of his body were altered in a bizarre experiment so that he can walk through anything, but is only able to align his particles to make him capable of physical contact for brief periods!

Panel 7

Othar: And lastly, Mzgrzz the Magnificent, whose mind-over-matter powers allow him to reshape ordinary objects into fabulous inventions!

PAGE 9

Panel 1

Lester: Hmm. Too bad he can't reshape that big bald head of his... and yours.

Panel 2

Othar: ENOUGH about the big bald heads, already!

Lester: Hey, don't yell at ME, Monocle-face! I didn't ASK to be here with a bunch of chrome-domes, tree-dudes and ghost guys. What's up with this Dweeb Festival, anyway?

Panel 4

Treehugger: We had hoped to get you to join our Super-Companions.

Lester: Look, Budd...

Treehugger: Bobb.

Lester: Like it matters. I'm not much of a joiner. I'm a loner.

Panel 5

Othar: You CERTAINLY aren't the sweet young man you portrayed on the Kem Show!

Panel 6

Lester: I was in love then. Now, I'm rejected and bitter. Back to my old self. And it feels GOOD to be ME again. I hate the stupid space-simp I became for a while.

PAGE 10

Panel 1

Splash: But... we were going to give you this space-tiara and make you our leader!

Lester: Hmmph! I've got all the fancy jewelry I need, bozo! That cheap knockoff doesn't impress me!

Panel 2

Othar: Look, we're offerring you a chance to come to a place where you will be respected and loved for who you are!

Lester: Bah! I don't need you stupid bald men and your stupid admiration! I'll be fine on my own!

Panel 3

(The ship begins to shake violently as alarms go off!)

Treehugger: What's that?

Shower: I think we're under attack!

Panel 4

Othar (to communicator): What's going on?

Voice on Communicator: Another ship has opened fire on us! I'm afraid it's Anti-Lad, sir!

Panel 5

Splash: Anti-Lad! Arch-nemesis of the Super-Companions! The greatest threat to our way of life on Thrann! Why would she be attacking us here in space?

Panel 6

Othar: Quick! To the control room!

Shower: Come along, Lester! You'll be safer if you stick with us!

PAGE 11

Panel 1

caption: before you know it...

Mzgrzz: DAMN! It IS Anti-Lad and her Fatal Femmes!

Lester: Fatal Femmes?

Panel 2

Othar: I'm afraid we're going to have to fight out way out of this one, fellas.

Shadow: I'm ready!

Splash: As am I!

Panel 3

Lester: Yeah, like YOU two can do much. QUICK! Throw water on her! Walk through her!

Panel 4

Shower: You're rude! We try not to point out their general uselessness!

Splash: HEY!

Shower: Oh, come on, you know its true!

Panel 5

Treehugger: NO!!!! I can't believe she DID it...!

Lester: What? What?

Panel 6

Treehugger: She's released an unstoppable monster to attack us!

Panel 7

caption: The Super-Moby Dick of Space!

*shot of Super-Moby*

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

This is another of the classicals that I prepared in January for Kissandra (this one is from a later period than some of the others) -

-

by Evelyn de Morgan.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

And a What If -

-

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

LLASH - you could have called Shower, Splish.
Then, you'd have had a 'Splish n' Splash' and cleome could have found the song for an entry!

Just kidding.
I enjoyed the thought anyway.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Splish and Splash, the Tidal Twins.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

I so love tree people.
Here's another 'Ent Moot' (or Giant Meeting).
The Legionnaires are still Storm Boy and Colossal Boy. Does Storm Boy have a name?
I'd like to use it, then I could call CB, Gim.
If I do more of him, I think I might use Typhoon's name, if I can find it.
sigh

-
This lovely image is by Stephen Hickman.

--------------------

Come, join me!

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.